Goodbye Jesus

Free Master Of Divinity & Undergraduate Degrees If Anyone Is Interested

Victory2011

HOW DO YA LIKE THOSE FUCKIN APPLES??!!

Apparently the Good Will Hunting reference went unnoticed. :P

But it still holds true. It's all out there if you just look. Well, I got 99/100th of a Pharm.D. That's worth nothing. So I know how you feel.

LOl. Yeah, but if you finish your last few classes it will be worth something.

HOW DO YA LIKE THOSE FUCKIN APPLES??!!

Apparently the Good Will Hunting reference went unnoticed. :P

But it still holds true. It's all out there if you just look. Well, I got 99/100th of a Pharm.D. That's worth nothing. So I know how you feel.

LOl. Yeah, but if you finish your last few classes it will be worth something.

Can't. Over. Done. Kaput. Yahweh-fied.

Oh, I see. So you've given up on us, but hope to influence any lurkers we may have.

I think that should be grounds for banning Victory from the site, as it violates the purpose of Ex-C.

• Like 1

Guest wester

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson, author of "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" received his Doctorate in Divinity from a similar outfit: The Universal Life Church......$250 for a masters is damn cost effective..........

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson, author of "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" received his Doctorate in Divinity from a similar outfit: The Universal Life Church......$250 for a masters is damn cost effective..........

Yeah, he's no Dr. The only thing more ridiculous than this being the only professional title we still use in America, is people who get fake degrees, or honorary degrees and run around calling themself Doctor.

I'd rather cut myself with rusty razors than study an ancient book that no one can agree on and that has no relevance in my life. Thanks though.

• Like 2

What are you hoping to gain with your degree? Are you just wanting the degree for the fun of it or prestige, or do you plan to use the degree somehow?

Maybee he wants to go into ministry and be called pasta, we can offer it free from the university of the FSM. All ministers of the FSM are called Pastas.

YUM!

• Like 1

I'd rather cut myself with rusty razors than study an ancient book that no one can agree on and that has no relevance in my life. Thanks though.

It's fun to study if you treat it like you would treat any other mythology. There are still some good stories, poetry, etc.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson, author of "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" received his Doctorate in Divinity from a similar outfit....

Yeah, he's no Dr. The only thing more ridiculous than this being the only professional title we still use in America, is people who get fake degrees, or honorary degrees and run around calling themself Doctor.

This makes me crazy, too. Our former church does this: they have some backwater mom-and-pop Bible "college", and they granted the founders honorary doctorates (can they even do that if they are not accredited???), and, they are introduced at events as "Drs. X and Y [Last Name]".

Gawd.

The rest of us have to actually study for 15 years at real universities. FML.

It's fun to study if you treat it like you would treat any other mythology. There are still some good stories, poetry, etc.

I might think so if the first 25 years of my life hadn't so warped the subject for me. Even when I was an xian I hated biblical related discussions and debates.

I love literature though; as long as it's not English lit -- there are very few English writers I can suffer through. Just not my style for whatever reason.

Oh Victory, you do start the best games!!

Okay, guess what I'm enrolled in for my next unit at university? Critical Thinking! I'm really looking forward to it!! I highly recommend you look into a course on it! I'm going to be studying logical fallacies, biases, deductive and inductive reasoning, and premises!

Anyone else got some studying coming up? If so, what are you studying? I like this game!

Well, chemistry, but that's not interesting.

Oh wait, ETHICS, is one I'm taking that might work well for Victory as well!

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson, author of "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" received his Doctorate in Divinity from a similar outfit....

This makes me crazy, too. Our former church does this: they have some backwater mom-and-pop Bible "college", and they granted the founders honorary doctorates (can they even do that if they are not accredited???), and, they are introduced at events as "Drs. X and Y [Last Name]".

Gawd.

The rest of us have to actually study for 15 years at real universities. FML.

Our church has an unaccredited live-in seminary that awards bachelor's degrees in Biblical Studies. Funny thing is most of the people who actually get the (fake) degree end up spending the rest of their lives working for our church. They have awarded honorary degrees to the head pastor and his brother-in-law.

The kicker? My dad is one of the instructors and knows what he knows because he "almost" completed a degree in Biblical Studies at Moody Bible Institute online.

It's like they are so anti-intellectual that they can't be bothered to think critically and get a real degree. BUT they are so competitive and impressed by the world that they like to have cheap imitations of the real thing. They love pumping themselves up with their self applied titles.

• Like 5

I love literature though; as long as it's not English lit -- there are very few English writers I can suffer through. Just not my style for whatever reason.

I love E.M. Forster's book, Maurice. As Dawkins would say, that book was a crane that lifed my consciousness.

I read it when I was 17, and really steeped in fundyville. Maurice gave me a glimpse inside how it must feel to be gay and in the closet. It gave me compassion for gay people and how they must struggle to keep their true selves hidden, and after reading that book I stopped giving a shit what the church said about homosexuality. I saw how damaging homophobic sentiments were for the individual, and I just didn't have it in me to condemn another human being simply because they were attracted to the same sex. That book helped me to understand that for many people, sexual orientation is just not a choice. It opened my eyes in so many ways, and I've read it again many times since. It remains my favourite book of all time.

I love E.M. Forster's book, Maurice. As Dawkins would say, that book was a crane that lifed my consciousness.

It's a huge country with a wealth of culture and an educated population, so I'm sure if I took the time I could find many authors I would really enjoy. But I just hate the pretentious writing I've been exposed to so far. Literature is one area where I really like my own country the best, which is kind of unusual for me.

It's a huge country with a wealth of culture and an educated population, so I'm sure if I took the time I could find many authors I would really enjoy. But I just hate the pretentious writing I've been exposed to so far. Literature is one area where I really like my own country the best, which is kind of unusual for me.

But Forster is American. Are you talking about literature from England?

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I've never read Forster. I just looked him up though and it says he's British. I much prefer American lit, but have no opinion on Forster. :)

http://www.goodreads...103.E_M_Forster

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I've never read Forster. I just looked him up though and it says he's British. I much prefer American lit, but have no opinion on Forster. smile.png

http://www.goodreads...103.E_M_Forster

Actually, come to think of it, you're probably right in that he is English. Maurice was set in England. It was written between 1912-1913, so it's an interesting glimpse of a period in time prior to the First World War and the class structure back then. Due to the content of the book, though, it was never published until after Forster died.

I think I know how I got mixed up. In the film Educating Rita, they discuss Forster. But that was set in England, too. Hmm. For some reason, I'm thinking everyone and everything is American tonight lol. I'm tired. I give up lol.

For what it's worth, it's a good book. Definitely worth a read. :)

I'd like to do a Biblical Studies degree in my spare time, what better response to the idea that I'm rejecting god than to pull out my degree and show that I studied more about god than any of those dumb asses who questioned me, besides I find early christian studies very interesting, not something to be praised but studied same as we study Homer or greek culture, the christian culture was western culture for a very long time.

I read it when I was 17, and really steeped in fundyville. Maurice gave me a glimpse inside how it must feel to be gay and in the closet. It gave me compassion for gay people and how they must struggle to keep their true selves hidden, and after reading that book I stopped giving a shit what the church said about homosexuality. I saw how damaging homophobic sentiments were for the individual, and I just didn't have it in me to condemn another human being simply because they were attracted to the same sex. That book helped me to understand that for many people, sexual orientation is just not a choice. It opened my eyes in so many ways, and I've read it again many times since. It remains my favourite book of all time.

I am putting this on my summer reading list. One of my favorite bloggers talks about this book too.

• Like 1

I'd like to do a Biblical Studies degree in my spare time, what better response to the idea that I'm rejecting god than to pull out my degree and show that I studied more about god than any of those dumb asses who questioned me, besides I find early christian studies very interesting, not something to be praised but studied same as we study Homer or greek culture, the christian culture was western culture for a very long time.

Save yourself the hassle of getting the actual degree and just do self study. Those dumbasses that question you won't give a care if you had a PhD, they'll always have an excuse why you are wrong. Denial and confirmation bias together are more powerful than any degree.

If you are going to get a degree do it in something that can actually further you career wise. Otherwise, just learn every day for the rest of your life. :)

Save yourself the hassle of getting the actual degree and just do self study. Those dumbasses that question you won't give a care if you had a PhD, they'll always have an excuse why you are wrong. Denial and confirmation bias together are more powerful than any degree.

Thatz becuz Jeeziz tellz us what we suppozed to know.

Haz you barked like dog todayz?

ETA: (That was a reference to the Toronto Psych Ward Blessing. Who cares about a PhD when you can crow like a rooster at church?)

What are you hoping to gain with your degree? Are you just wanting the degree for the fun of it or prestige, or do you plan to use the degree somehow?

Maybee he wants to go into ministry and be called pasta, we can offer it free from the university of the FSM. All ministers of the FSM are called Pastas.

Hmmmm. I think Ex-C dot net needs to start a Pasta College. Gawd knows we have enough qualified former seminarians here. We can do a bait and switch (we're all experts at that since our church/evangelism days)--lure them in with a cheap/free Masters Masta Pasta degree but introduce condiments of doubt and serve it with cutlery of critical thought.

• Like 2

Hmmmm. I think Ex-C dot net needs to start a Pasta College. Gawd knows we have enough qualified former seminarians here. We can do a bait and switch (we're all experts at that since our church/evangelism days)--lure them in with a cheap/free Masters Masta Pasta degree but introduce condiments of doubt and serve it with cutlery of critical thought.

We need to make sure we make a tithing law so we can "do gods work" zDuivel7.gif

*insert witty pasta reference here*

It's late, and I'm too tired.