Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Will Never Say

freeasabird

"Sometimes people have truly loved Jesus with all their heart but then later on discovered that god didnt really exist or didn't care so they exited the religion."

"God is my imagination."

"I could make up a really stupid xian apologetic answer to your question but it would make me look like an idiot."

"Why I am speaking in tongues? It's nothing but gibberish."

"Brothers and sisters of the congregation, as pastor I have decided I cannot take your money anymore. I know it's all a lie. I am sending you all a check and closing this ministry."

"Dear IRS, I am closing my church, here is $50,000. Take it as a donation to help our economy."

"As a good faith move for this christian nation of ours I challenge all congregations nationwide for a fund raiser for our wonderful government. Lets see if we can raise $1 billion to help pay our share to keep the USA alive and well! Can I get an amen?!"

"God told me it is ok for you to not believe in him."

"I will be your friend even if you never convert to xianity."

"Wow, I didn't say 'jesus' for a whole hour!"

"You dont need to believe."

"Using Satan is just a scare tactic to manipulate people."

• Like 5

"I don't know."

But they WILL say "I don't know, but my pastor does"

In my experience, it's been "I don't know, I just believe."

I get the "my pastor knows" line all the time. When I respond, "I don't care what your pastor knows or doesn't; I'm interested in what you know," then comes "I don't know; I just believe."

I love these.....thanks for the laughs.

Yeah. Same here. As I read, I'm sort of picturing a YouTube video with these lines coming out of some TV preacher's mouth. Hysterical.

The government needs to do more for the poor and needy.

• Like 1

Hell might be a little excessive

• Like 1

"Maybe God wasnt involved."

"Why yes, we did put our faith in the ability of a closet-case bigot named Paul to tell us everything about the theology of a man he never met."

"Then we sold ourselves out to Constantine and paganism in order to gain power and restore the glory of Rome"

"Shortly thereafter we systematically halted scientific development and slaughtered thousands of innocent people in a quest to restore the glory of our lord."

"Finally, we tore ourselves apart in an ongoing battle over the orthodoxy of this aforementioned holy theology and gave birth to hundreds of religious fanatics who've created mass end-time hysteria and unspeakable abuses against their fellow man."

• Like 1

"How do you feel about that?"

Seriously, I'm not sure if it's just my sister or fundies in general, but it sure would be nice to be asked how I felt about an issue sometimes, instead of having an assumption made about how I feel.

"Maybe my pastor was wrong about..."

"Let's use that big Bible over there for a doorstop."

• Like 2

"I think it's great that you found a belief/religion that works for you, even if it has nothing to do with Jesus. I'm just glad you're happy."

• Like 1

"Jesus hung out all the time with dudes. I bet he was gay/bi."

"[insert specific brand of popular entertainment form] is/are my religion!"

LOL, great thread.

• Super Moderator

"God told me to STFU because I misunderstood everything I thought I knew about him."

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

"I'm sorry."

Oh, how I'd love to hear that from a few choice christians in my life!!!

This is such a great thread! Thanks for starting it, freeasabird!

"Hey, I had a thought..."

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.giflmao_99.giflmao_99.giflmao_99.gif

Seriously, I'm not sure if it's just my sister or fundies in general, but it sure would be nice to be asked how I felt about an issue sometimes, instead of having an assumption made about how I feel.

That's what they do & unfortunately in most cases fundy's don't care how or what you feel.

"I'm sorry."

Was thinking the same thing...just a friggen "I'M SORRY" it'll never happen.....

Hell might be a little excessive

FTW!

I randomly found this twenty dollar bill just when I needed to buy lunch!

That's what they do & unfortunately in most cases fundy's don't care how or what you feel.

Yeah, I was on the phone to her the other night, and she asked how Dan was, and I told her we'd broken up. Instead of just saying, "so how are you doing?", she starts the major hysterics, going, "OH NOOOOOOOO!!!!! OH PUDD, THAT'S TERRIBLE!!!! OH NOOOOOO!!!!" And I had to spend the next however long going, "no, really, it's cool, and I'm fine".

• Like 2

You know, I'm sorry for kicking you out of chapel. *not happening* The bitch that did that...her response was, "We need to put on our best for the Lord." My mom (who is a devout Christian) was like, "32 degrees outside and she has to wear a skirt!?"

"I just bought a Prius!"

"with whom you have sex with, when and where is actually none of my business."

" I totally respect your sexual orientation, it is not a sin to be homosexual or bi-sexual."

"I got this fantastic new job/car/house/boyfriend/girlfriend and it had nothing at all to do with Jesus."

• Like 1

"I just bought a Prius!"

Actually, my mother in law got a prius, because she saves on gas money, and it let her drive in carpool lanes around here.

"I'm sorry."

I agree it's turned out to be quite enjoyable and very cathartic!