Goodbye Jesus

A Personal Relationship, You Say?

Denyoz

Kurari: That's a beautiful post. The way "god" treats or, even better, doesn't treat the enormous number of needy people is  the most powerful reason i finally deconverted. I dwellt  on this fact for, literally, years. I kept thinking that I must be overlooking something. But what? Until in one Sunday school class I raised the issue with the class by pointing out the millions in third world countries who don't even have enough to eat. The teacher asked me why I thought that was true (that there was millions of starving pelple) He didn't even acknowledge the well known fact of world poverty. I then knew the reason for his denial was self deception. Unbelievable. But thank you for your heart felt post.   bill

Thanks, Bill. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

I really identified with what you wrote about whenever there was a tough decision to make then 'jesus' answers were unclear.Thats what it was l ike for me too,everytime.So frustrating to be encoaraged to seek guds guidance yet the truth was ( an the memo i never got) was that everyone else just did whatever they wanted anyway.If they were succesful then 'God did it'.I was so brainwashed i wasted years on that.

somehow it was always easier for jesus to answer the esay questions.whenever there was a tough call,silence from heaven.I'm still bitter after all these yrs.Im bitter against the liars that encaosraged then 'young people' to belive this shit.that we were a chosen and special generation.what alot of rubbish.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting - I have had the same thoughts and realize that this is why modern Christianity no longer works on intellectuals  How can you have a relationship with someone who never answers your phone calls, emails or direct conversations?!