Goodbye Jesus

Mathematical Proof Of God

Guest nat

ManBearPig will feast upon your soul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heh, well a final note to Nat before the thread gets locked or whatever.

Nat, if you'd like to have any kind of meaningful discussion on anything, you need to admit in no unequivocal terms that you recognize a.) division by zero is meaningless, and b.) infinity is a well-defined concept, and is not a number that can be algebraically manipulated in any sense whatsoever.  Your failure to assent to these two facts is effectively no different than belief in a flat earth.  In a way it's worse, because you're disagreeing with fundamental logic.  And trust me, all your protestations about limits are at best an abuse of notation.  I've likely worked more problems on limits than you have any sort of math problems, and you are naive to think that you're using any sort of novel mathematical tools that I don't already know about.  It is perhaps even more discouraging that you think watching a YouTube video is the equivalent of actually going to college to learn math.  You're taking well-defined concepts from high school calculus and redefining them, claiming that the "framework of limits" somehow allows you to divide by zero and get a number out.  What we have here is a failure to agree on facts.  If we can't agree on the facts, then we can't really talk about anything.

Guest r3alchild

Ill add, what if anything we call infinity becomes limited just by adding to it. I could add the value jehova god to it or a chicken with a hat, but both would end up with the same value when comparing it as something uncomparable.

I wasn't trying to antagonize anyone or change any beliefs. When discussing anything undefined or Godly, your mind has to be flexible enough to not get distracted by the inherent difficulties. When I tried to give it a bit of a grounding based on the defined math concepts that are similar, their was a misunderstanding that I was equating the two, when I was not. For many, I was stepping on their holy cows. To me this was one big misunderstanding of the methodology and process I was using as well as the wrong place to express and develop those ideas. 

• Super Moderator

It could have been an interesting place to discover different ideas than your own, but by and large that did not happen.

Yes, we didn't agree with you.

When discussing anything undefined or Godly, your mind has to be flexible enough to not get distracted by the inherent difficulties.

Yes, one must turn off reason and critical thinking processes if one is to entertain the impossible/improbable/absurd.

This thread wasn't completely useless.  It allowed people who don't have much experience with Judaism to see that Jewish fundamentalism is a lot like Christian fundamentalism.  The more I learn about the major monotheism the more I find they have in common. 

• Like 1

I wasn't trying to antagonize anyone or change any beliefs. When discussing anything undefined or Godly, your mind has to be flexible enough to not get distracted by the inherent difficulties. When I tried to give it a bit of a grounding based on the defined math concepts that are similar, their was a misunderstanding that I was equating the two, when I was not. For many, I was stepping on their holy cows. To me this was one big misunderstanding of the methodology and process I was using as well as the wrong place to express and develop those ideas. 

.I have to agree if you did not want to get a counterpoint to the "mathematical proof of god" this is the wrong place. If you wanted someone to agree with you  a Christian forum would be better. Like I said before though for a lot of us this is not our first rodeo with this concept and its a bad one at that. Just because you can get a theoretical infinity by dividing by 0 means just that it does not mean there is a god. This does not and will not ever prove god. and what holy cows were you stepping on? we pointed the logical flaws in your concept that is all. Then I think somewhere along the lines someone brought up biblical genocide to get your opinion on it and then you used the bible as a framework to slander the Canaanites ad justify murder on a mass scale. So no you didn't step on any holy cows we just are pointing out the flaws in your logic which doesn't seem to sit well with you

Nat likes long goodbyes.

"The real problem I have with being culturally Jewish is that I talk nine times more than I need to. And there’s the Jewish goodbye too, which we’re having right now. When someone says, “Okay, I’ll talk to you later,” and then the other person doesn’t stop talking." - Bob Saget

This thread wasn't completely useless.  It allowed people who don't have much experience with Judaism to see that Jewish fundamentalism is a lot like Christian fundamentalism.  The more I learn about the major monotheism the more I find they have in common. 

If people followed well, they saw how many times you contradicted yourself.

It could have been an interesting place to discover different ideas than your own, but by and large that did not happen.

Yes, we didn't agree with you.

When discussing anything undefined or Godly, your mind has to be flexible enough to not get distracted by the inherent difficulties.

Yes, one must turn off reason and critical thinking processes if one is to entertain the impossible/improbable/absurd.

With such an open mind, you will really go places.

• Super Moderator

With such an open mind, you will really go places.

Your irony is exquisite. Well done!

(I thought he was leaving...)

.I have to agree if you did not want to get a counterpoint to the "mathematical proof of god" this is the wrong place. If you wanted someone to agree with you  a Christian forum would be better. Like I said before though for a lot of us this is not our first rodeo with this concept and its a bad one at that. Just because you can get a theoretical infinity by dividing by 0 means just that it does not mean there is a god. This does not and will not ever prove god. and what holy cows were you stepping on? we pointed the logical flaws in your concept that is all. Then I think somewhere along the lines someone brought up biblical genocide to get your opinion on it and then you used the bible as a framework to slander the Canaanites ad justify murder on a mass scale. So no you didn't step on any holy cows we just are pointing out the flaws in your logic which doesn't seem to sit well with you

Completely opposite.

I was open to all the counterpoints and I used them to refine my arguments. It was the other side that wasn't willing to be flexible outside their comfort zone. It took me pages to get agreement on a number of things, and then people just forget and go back to there inflexibility.

Slander the Canaanites? What are they your cousins? Come on. You guys are so anti bible that nothing I say about the bible will ever go in your ears. I clearly said if you want to smash the bible for killing the Cananites, then also accept why it claims it did so.

I doubt he's capable of just letting it go, whether it's a genetic thing or simply cultural pride I couldn't say. Arguments are an important part of the Jewish culture. It's possible they may have used selective breeding to imprint and foster this disposition over the centuries. It would explain the consensus of the importance of 'finding a nice Jewish girl' amongst Jewish mothers.

• Super Moderator

...is he gone yet?

Just close the D--- thing and we won't need to ponder why it goes on and who is the one not letting go.

Why? Are you tied by straps to the seat in front of your computer that are attached to a wifi-enabled electric lock that only releases you once the thread is locked?

Perhaps you are being held hostage by some sick sociopath who will only release you once you've satisfied his obsession with getting pointless overdrawn threads locked?

You seem to want very badly to be able to have the last word. I know it's a cultural thing, but it might benefit you to resist such compulsions. Forge a new path and all that.

It's not the last bit of food in a meal you know, getting that 'last word' doesn't actually accomplish anything. It isn't like in Thailand where that last little bit is reserved for the most important person, and speaking last doesn't make you any more right.

As far as we know, no one is really forcing you to reply here. Unless you're handcuffed to a keyboard and have to keep meeting a certain quota of WPM to keep a bomb you're sitting on top of from exploding, feel free to leave any time.

• Super Moderator

Shhhh...he's still here, isn't he........

fudd.jpg

Be vewy, vewy quiet...

...is he gone yet?

Is the stuff you are smoking gone?

11747821.jpg

Ah-ha! Take this pesky Jew! Huhuhuhuhuhuhuhu.

This is the thread that goes on and on

A proud jew just started it not knowing what it was

And he'll continue posting here forever just because

And he'll continue posting here forever just becuase

• Like 1

Just close the D--- thing and we won't need to ponder why it goes on and who is the one not letting go.

OK - topic closed.