Goodbye Jesus

Would You Ever Submit And Worship God

OrdinaryClay

What would bring you to completely submit and worship The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?

a lobotomy. 

• Like 4

• Super Moderator

A free toaster.

(Get it?)

Well for starters I don't do worship as such. But I would have to be sure he was who he said he was. None of these asshole preachers and pastors and power hungry nutjobs who say they are called of god, but can prove neither a calling nor the existence of said god. Anyone who still trusts those scumbags needs a lobotomy.

Then I would need to know why he thought it was okay to create me with a sinful nature because some silly cow stole his fruit? Nothing to do with me mate.

This submission thing is a bit sick really. Smells like testosterone.smiliegojerkit.gif smiliegojerkit.gif 

• Like 2

I would consider Judaism (as specified in the question) before returning to Christianity. But I don't see that happening any time soon.

I do find it interesting that the question did not 1) specify the Christian "God" and 2) did not say to actually believe in "God".

• Like 2

What would make me worship your imaginary fiend, OC?  Nothing short of a traumatic brain injury that radically altered My personality so that I am no longer the person I am today.  As your mythology stands right now, I'd be ashamed to admit I even knew such a S.O.B.  Finally, worship and submission in general strike Me as very weird and undesirable ways of thinking.

• Like 2

Even if your particular god exists, OrdinaryClay, he's an asshole. He could force me to worship him, but I would never do so willingly.

How much suffering could he have prevented worldwide by just telling people to wash their hands with soap and water? Did the dick ever do that in any of his communications to mankind? No.

Fuck him. He doesn't even deserve the respect of humankind, let alone worship.

• Like 3

I would need an explanation for the torments of Hell, why it is necessary, and how it is possible to equate eternal damnation with eternal love. Out of all the sinners and non-believers out there, I can't imagine a drug addict, homosexual or frequent masturbator burning alongside Hitler or Stalin.

I would want a concise explanation on which congregation of believers actually got it all right, in terms of dogma, belief, tradition, et. al.

I would want to know why the serpent in the garden was wrong in wanting to offer the first humans knowledge of good and evil.

I would like a clear understanding of why all the sexism concerning subordinate women and their inability to serve in the church, why the demand for their silence? Why would he make them have PMS and then consider them unclean for bleeding?

I'd like to know why our culture and psychology today has to match the culture and psychology of bronze age men. Why do the inane Levitical laws still hold substance?

• Like 1

What would bring you to completely submit and worship The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?

Absolutely nothing. If your god proved to me that he was 100% real, I would believe he existed but still would not worship him because he is a monster. If your god existed and did not know everything, I would probably pretend that I loved him and worship just to keep him from putting me in his furnace, but obviously that would not work. So, if I can not pretend to love him, then I might as well just enjoy life as much as I can before I die and go to Hell.

It'd take that monster coming down here and mind-controlling me. Because even through brute force, my heart would never submit. 

• Like 2

It would have to get on its hands and knees and beg the human race for forgiveness. Please study the bible, especially the ot, for references to what I just wrote.

• Like 1

Absolutely nothing. If your god proved to me that he was 100% real, I would believe he existed but still would not worship him because he is a monster. If your god existed and did not know everything, I would probably pretend that I loved him and worship just to keep him from putting me in his furnace, but obviously that would not work. So, if I can not pretend to love him, then I might as well just enjoy life as much as I can before I die and go to Hell.

Actually, if you did pretend to love and worship him, you'd be doing what 80-90 percent of its alleged followers do now. lol

• Like 1

A free toaster.

(Get it?)

He doesn't but I do. LOL

Yes, I did mean willingly.

Given that no one would willingly submit and worship Him given evidence it is clear all the talk about evidence is just a psychological crutch. I think a reasonable interpretation is that anti Christian "evidence talk" is just a way of comforting themselves. There is a deep need to convince themselves that He does not exist.

Given that no one would willingly submit and worship Him given evidence it is clear all the talk about evidence is just a psychological crutch. I think a reasonable interpretation is that anti Christian "evidence talk" is just a way of comforting themselves. There is a deep need to convince themselves that He does not exist.

Perhaps we are challenging this apparent need for submission and worship. There is nothing to comfort myself about. 36 years a christian and not one solitary scrap of evidence that the supernatural exists. NOT ONE.

OrdianaryClay,

You are being quite disingenuous. Belief does not imply that one would worship such a "God" as the one portrayed in the OT. You did not ask what would make someone believe, you asked what would make one worship. The two are not logically dependent upon one another at all.

The bottom line is that it is only extortion or some form of mental deficiency that compels any person to worship the "God" you adhere to, and that includes yourself if you are capable of being honest when you look in the mirror.

• Like 2

bazinga-sheldon-face.jpg

Perhaps we are challenging this apparent need for submission and worship. 

Perhaps not.

There is nothing to comfort myself about. 36 years a christian and not one solitary scrap of evidence that the supernatural exists. NOT ONE.

Perhaps your denial of the supernatural is comforting to you.

Belief does not imply that one would worship such a "God" as the one portrayed in the OT. You did not ask what would make someone believe, you asked what would make one worship. The two are not logically dependent upon one another at all.

Yes Sherlock, belief is not sufficient for worship. My point still stands.

The bottom line is that it is only extortion or some form of mental deficiency that compels any person to worship the "God" you adhere to, and that includes yourself if you are capable of being honest when you look in the mirror.

Extortion cannot get one to willingly worship God.

Bazinga

Oooh, I guess it's my turn to Bazinga!

BINGO!!!!!!

Worship "God" and accept his love as expressed in Jesus or burn in hell for eternity. No extortion there, right?

• Like 3

What will it take for me to worship him? I don't know. What will it take for me to believe in the Christian God? I don't know. If God wants me to acknowledge him he has my number. I believe that spirituality is a personal thing, and that one's personal revelation is just that, personal. Whatever sign God gives to me is my revelation alone. 

If you don't mind me turning this question around, what did it take to make you a believer and in turn worship him? Do you believe because of a personal revelation or do you believe because you were born into it? I'm not asking this to be snarky, I am curious.

when i am abraham, jacob or issac,,,,,

BINGO!!!!!!

Worship "God" and accept his love as expressed in Jesus or burn in hell for eternity. No extortion there, right?

No extortion there, correct.

Your mind set is twisted. A consequence of an action is not extortion. Damnation is a consequence of a free will choice people make. If a father tells their child not to stick their hand in the fire the father is not extorting anything from the child.

Furthermore, there is nothing to extort form us. God needs nothing from us. We need everything from Him! He gains nothing. We gain everything. He freely gives. We freely choose.

Braindeath.

• Like 1