Goodbye Jesus

Modesty And Thought Crimes

claireann

You were talking about men who leer at women, and he is one of them, so he's defending why he does it. What's wrong with that? It was most certainly personal in that it referred to people like him.

Thank you but technically my position is that "staring is rude".  Personally I do try my best to never stare.  Leering is definitely rude behavior. 

Edit: that doesn't mean I have never done it.  I guess I was bad back in my teens.  However I have learned and now I keep eye contact down to a glance.

Some people of both sexes are perves, some are not. Some objectify people, some don't.

Because I am am internal person I don't really notice or care that much what people look like. I don't walk the earth going oooh I'd like to fuck him because I don't think others are their to use to get my own rocks off physically or visually.

I went out with a guy for a year once who perves on every woman who walked past. I found it highly offensive and often felt embarrassed by his behaviour.

Guest Babylonian Dream

Ok, the first comment I made was a Joke. Ffs keep up.

I'm/I was aware. That's why I added to it jokingly the last I posted.

Guest Babylonian Dream

You were talking about men who leer at women, and he is one of them, so he's defending why he does it. What's wrong with that? It was most certainly personal in that it referred to people like him.

Thank you but technically my position is that "staring is rude".  Personally I do try my best to never stare.  Leering is definitely rude behavior. 

I was asking "what's wrong with that?" about you defending where you stood. Anyway, nobody was saying that checking a girl out was wrong. They were talking about the staring part.

I was asking "what's wrong with that?" about you defending where you stood. Anyway, nobody was saying that checking a girl out was wrong. They were talking about the staring part.

No worries.

Ok, the first comment I made was a Joke. Ffs keep up.

I'm/I was aware. That's why I added to it jokingly the last I posted.

Yeah mate I know YOU got it :)

This article fails on one major point: Men are not all the same with what we are attracted to. I sure as hell know my tastes differ from the norm.

Girls dressed like streetwalkers are not attractive to me. All they are doing is wearing brand name clothing designed to show as much skin as possible. It's boring, it's unoriginal, and tells me nothing about what kind of girl she is other than that she likes attention.

A woman with a sense of style is what turns me on. I love it when people dress in a way that reflects who they are, it shows they are not afraid to be themselves in public. It's funny because some of the "modest" clothing in the examples given are actually more attractive than what the author has in mind as being immodest.

"Eye of the beholder" is one of the most basic lessons about beauty everyone knows, and yet shit like this still comes up. Makes no sense.

• Like 1

I recognize a few of the names here from the other thread where we were discussing pedophilia.

How men look at children is a question that brings up entirely different issues.

I know when I was raising my daughters (who are now in their 20s), things were more relaxed. I didn't know I was a pedophile back then, but I never had any doubts about the proper rules to follow (and I always followed them). Now the climate has changed and the rules have changed, and many ordinary (non-pedophile) men complain of wanting to keep away from children. Some people are inclined to smile at children but this now seems like a somewhat hazardous thing for men to do.

In terms of what people recognize as sexual, a far more common problem is men who look at girls who have started puberty. I gather part of growing up as a girl is recognizing that men are starting to look at you differently. My impression is that the initial and respectful manifestations of that can be a positive thing, but I imagine it's a rude shock being ogled and having to get used to it. But I think the basic male reaction is often present by 12 or 13. I'd hope it's more respectful, but I'm sure sometimes it's not. It would be an interesting study to see how men react differently as a girl ages from 12 or so up through 25.

There actually are earnest 18-year-old boys who are terrified they have the dread disease of pedophilia because they find 13-year-old girls attractive sometimes.

Ethan

Guest Babylonian Dream

This article fails on one major point: Men are not all the same with what we are attracted to. I sure as hell know my tastes differ from the norm.

Girls dressed like streetwalkers are not attractive to me. All they are doing is wearing brand name clothing designed to show as much skin as possible. It's boring, it's unoriginal, and tells me nothing about what kind of girl she is other than that she likes attention.

A woman with a sense of style is what turns me on. I love it when people dress in a way that reflects who they are, it shows they are not afraid to be themselves in public. It's funny because some of the "modest" clothing in the examples given are actually more attractive than what the author has in mind as being immodest.

"Eye of the beholder" is one of the most basic lessons about beauty everyone knows, and yet shit like this still comes up. Makes no sense.

While I definitely agree with you, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I will say that alot of people haven't gathered that. I've seen many men and women try to date people they thought others would find attractive, just to impress others. But instead, they impressed nobody, and boosted their own selfesteem at their partners expense, and their partner eventually broke up with them hurt, because they were an idiot.

That being said, how a woman dressed never did anything for me. Too much clothing nor too little. Nor for a man. It was more how they presented themselves as a person, their personality and their character. Its always mattered far more to me.

I recognize a few of the names here from the other thread where we were discussing pedophilia.

How men look at children is a question that brings up entirely different issues.

I know when I was raising my daughters (who are now in their 20s), things were more relaxed. I didn't know I was a pedophile back then, but I never had any doubts about the proper rules to follow (and I always followed them). Now the climate has changed and the rules have changed, and many ordinary (non-pedophile) men complain of wanting to keep away from children. Some people are inclined to smile at children but this now seems like a somewhat hazardous thing for men to do.

In terms of what people recognize as sexual, a far more common problem is men who look at girls who have started puberty. I gather part of growing up as a girl is recognizing that men are starting to look at you differently. My impression is that the initial and respectful manifestations of that can be a positive thing, but I imagine it's a rude shock being ogled and having to get used to it. But I think the basic male reaction is often present by 12 or 13. I'd hope it's more respectful, but I'm sure sometimes it's not. It would be an interesting study to see how men react differently as a girl ages from 12 or so up through 25.

There actually are earnest 18-year-old boys who are terrified they have the dread disease of pedophilia because they find 13-year-old girls attractive sometimes.

Ethan

Are you attracted to girls under 13? If not, you're technically not a pedophile, but an ephebophile/hebephile.

It was brave of you to admit that on here. I was terrified at 13 that I was starting to look at boys some kind of way, so I can kind of see the fear aspect.Though what I'm attracted to stopped being illegal before I was born.

Are you attracted to girls under 13? If not, you're technically not a pedophile, but an ephebophile/hebephile.

It was brave of you to admit that on here. I was terrified at 13 that I was starting to look at boys some kind of way, so I can kind of see the fear aspect.Though what I'm attracted to stopped being illegal before I was born.

My range of attractions is quite broad in age, but with the strongest peak at about age 4.

Not sure I get your following comment. You were terrified of how you felt about the boys? I'm trying to think of what attraction became legal not so terribly long ago. Girls for girls?

Ethan

Guest Babylonian Dream

My range of attractions is quite broad in age, but with the strongest peak at about age 4.

Not sure I get your following comment. You were terrified of how you felt about the boys? I'm trying to think of what attraction became legal not so terribly long ago. Girls for girls?

Ethan

Ah, I see. I'm bisexual. I was born a male, and I was afraid of people finding out that I was afraid of people finding out that I'm attracted to men. I was fundamentalist baptist and grew up in an area that was anything but accepting. I was literally disowned when I was found out about.