Goodbye Jesus

Heaven Sounds Like Torture

WaitingInfinity

Guest chrisassaf

But if heaven is boring, wouldn't peace on earth be boring too?

Also, I know for a fact that in heaven you would meet interesting people like abe lincoln. I know for a fact that he is not bored. As a matter of fact, if a denizen of heaven were to write a journal saying that he/she has never been bored in heaven, I would believe it. Would a journal lie?

It has been pointed out to me that very little is said about what heaven will be like in the Bible. On the other hand there are some pretty graphic images of what hell will be like.

The reason is the biblical authors could describe hell by examples in this life, but couldn't describe heaven without including a lot of sin. I mean, "being with Jesus" can only take you so far. Then you need some whisky.    bill

Also, I know for a fact that in heaven you would meet interesting people like abe lincoln. I know for a fact that he is not bored. As a matter of fact, if a denizen of heaven were to write a journal saying that he/she has never been bored in heaven, I would believe it. Would a journal lie?

well, at least there are tons of activities in the world

hobby such as sports, arts, internet, games, sex

and of course our professions

since only a little known about heaven (bible does not reveal much), what kind of activities are there in heaven?

are we only praise the lord or we can continue our hobbies and our professions just like in the earth?

but how about plumbers?I don't think God's house have a water problem

The sad thing about heaven is christians become obsessive about going into heaven and tend to idolize heaven

I was reading a chapter in the textbook for my stupid Christian-based class (so glad to be transferring soon!) and it was talking about heaven and hell. I hate for this to be a repeat topic, but I got pissed and had to comment somewhere.

The author was saying that in heaven people will not marry, they will recognize their spouses but feel nothing for them. Instead people will rejoice in how these people worked to influence them toward God. There is no anxiety, worry, death, disease, sadness, or anything bad in heaven. The Holy Spirit will make people into one big chorus that will praise God forever.

The thought occurred to me (and made me very upset) that I would not want to go to heaven at all! Why would I want to go somewhere where I would no longer feel love for my boyfriend or husband? Why would I want to look at him and feel equal love for him and everyone except God? That sounds horrible! I love him more than anything. Why would I ever want that to stop?

Also, in heaven, people lose their humanity. It'll be boring and dull. No interesting twists. Just praising God. Pain and suffering are what allow us to enjoy happiness and pleasantries. In a place devoid of opposites, how would anyone ever be happy?

What about my interests? Will I lose my personality? I love video games. I like Grand Theft Auto. Obviously God won't have GTA in heaven. And I probably won't even like it anymore. So my personality has shifted. People will become mindless robots forever and ever. 

And that is a good thing! In my ideal state, people will want heaven simply becuase they are told to want heaven.

Yeah, if that's what makes you happy--people telling you what to do and you doing it on those grounds without any choice in the matter--then by all means, heaven is the place for you! Also, I am glad you like the idea that you will lose your personality and all the things that make you you. Accepting that is a surefire sign that you and heaven are meant to be.

Also, that violates free will, so I presume you must be a determinist. And if God is willing to tell people they will want heaven in heaven, then he sure as heck can do that on earth without any qualms about free will. After all, free will doesn't matter in heaven so it doesn't matter here. 

Guest chrisassaf

I was reading a chapter in the textbook for my stupid Christian-based class (so glad to be transferring soon!) and it was talking about heaven and hell. I hate for this to be a repeat topic, but I got pissed and had to comment somewhere.

The author was saying that in heaven people will not marry, they will recognize their spouses but feel nothing for them. Instead people will rejoice in how these people worked to influence them toward God. There is no anxiety, worry, death, disease, sadness, or anything bad in heaven. The Holy Spirit will make people into one big chorus that will praise God forever.

The thought occurred to me (and made me very upset) that I would not want to go to heaven at all! Why would I want to go somewhere where I would no longer feel love for my boyfriend or husband? Why would I want to look at him and feel equal love for him and everyone except God? That sounds horrible! I love him more than anything. Why would I ever want that to stop?

Also, in heaven, people lose their humanity. It'll be boring and dull. No interesting twists. Just praising God. Pain and suffering are what allow us to enjoy happiness and pleasantries. In a place devoid of opposites, how would anyone ever be happy?

What about my interests? Will I lose my personality? I love video games. I like Grand Theft Auto. Obviously God won't have GTA in heaven. And I probably won't even like it anymore. So my personality has shifted. People will become mindless robots forever and ever. 

And that is a good thing! In my ideal state, people will want heaven simply becuase they are told to want heaven.

Yeah, if that's what makes you happy--people telling you what to do and you doing it on those grounds without any choice in the matter--then by all means, heaven is the place for you! Also, I am glad you like the idea that you will lose your personality and all the things that make you you. Accepting that is a surefire sign that you and heaven are meant to be.

Also, that violates free will, so I presume you must be a determinist. And if God is willing to tell people they will want heaven in heaven, then he sure as heck can do that on earth without any qualms about free will. After all, free will doesn't matter in heaven so it doesn't matter here. 

If someone wants to have heaven, let them have heaven. I am sorry I said these "stupid forums" in another thread. It was just that i was upset. It was just that I thought you were trying to tell me not to ever go to heaven.

Also, I think that if I said I do not want to go to heaven, I will lose friends instantly.

I am just conditioned to think that I have to want something simply because some authority figure tells me to want it. In an ideal country, that is what would happen. It was just like that in the book "1984".

One last thing, I know for a fact that some famous people have been in heaven for years and they have never felt a moment of boredom. better to be bored than hurt.

One last thing, I know for a fact that some famous people have been in heaven for years and they have never felt a moment of boredom. better to be bored than hurt.

And just how do you know these facts?

I am in heaven on a regular basis... only it's not up in the sky worshipping a zombie....jesus.gif

....It's getting hot and heavy, playing naked wrestling with the wife. It's the best sport, everyone wins.sex.gif

• Like 2

Also, in heaven, people lose their humanity. It'll be boring and dull. No interesting twists. Just praising God. Pain and suffering are what allow us to enjoy happiness and pleasantries. In a place devoid of opposites, how would anyone ever be happy?

And that is a good thing! In my ideal state, people will want heaven simply becuase they are told to want heaven.

I don't get it

How come you know which people goes to heaven and which one is not?

Different denominations have their own dogma about salvation and they don't agree to each other

And assuming heaven is real and they are really in heaven

And how do you know they are not bored?did they come and tell u in your dream?

Guest chrisassaf

Also, in heaven, people lose their humanity. It'll be boring and dull. No interesting twists. Just praising God. Pain and suffering are what allow us to enjoy happiness and pleasantries. In a place devoid of opposites, how would anyone ever be happy?

And that is a good thing! In my ideal state, people will want heaven simply becuase they are told to want heaven.

I don't get it

Different denominations have their own dogma about salvation and they don't agree to each other

NDE's and diaries.

• Super Moderator

MODs, I think somebody may have escaped from the psychiatric ward and wandered into our forums.

I don't get it

NDE's and diaries.

The experiences people may have when their brain is shutting down and the writings of people who may or may not be a little delusional does not prove that Heaven and Hell are real. It also does not prove who has gone to either place.

• Like 1

Abe Lincoln is busy battling zombies.  Definitely not bored.

• Like 1

I don't get it

NDE's and diaries.

Instead of calling you deluded I would like to delve a little deeper into this as a lot of what you're saying have been said to me before except then I can't question the person because then I'm being an insensitive asshole.

A person close to me apparently had a dream in which god showed this person heaven and hell. 

Have you had a personal experience in which you gained your insights or is it all other persons experiences?

but personal experience also varies

like the religious figure who comes to see "your soul"

christian tends to see jesus, hindu tends to see yama or krishna, buddhist tends to see buddha, muslim tends to see allah or jew tends to see the family member that already passed away

which one is the right one? 

That's because it is. Heaven consists of confining a person to do what Jigsaw wants the person to do: praise Jigsaw from afar and sneering with Jigsaw as people roll around screaming with fourth degree and beyond burns but the relief of death is not granted them. It would take an unfeeling person not to have a twinge of wanting to snatch the person engulfed in the flames from the torment and that is what Jigsaw wants. This is all a test. Heaven where you are confined to Jigsaw's dominion or Hell where you are confined to the flames and the non flammable maggots/parasites. This is conventional Christian doctrine as preached fhrough the centuries.

If you really want me to outline my own Heaven, you are shit out of luck. If there had to be an afterlife, I would like many lives until you think you are satisfed with yourself and your universe. There will be no heaven or hell, just you and the entire universe to explore, to settle and do what you think is best. There will be no reward or punishment save that you have made for yourself or others have made or lost. Just try again and try to do your best. I do not believe in forced utopia nor dystopia, and I think both are really morally dangerous. But yet it would be the most merciful afterlife I can think of that does not harm people's ability to do what they can, without infringing their human rights or liberty, without being an authoritarian schoolmaster, that increases the potential for love, that means everybody has many chances to right their lives, and contributes to variety and stimulation. If you really had to press me, I might abolish cancer, fatal conditions and diseases. These really aren't necessary. But even coming up with a different sort of afterlife, I have at least put a thought about human welfare that actually fits human nature and psychology or as nearly as possible.

All Abrahamic conceptions of heaven and hell really are harmful and ironically encourages evil. Even Adolf Hitler or Josef Stalin would have tired of torturing and tormenting people after a million years. If God was real, he is worse than any fictional villain or any real life criminal we can throw at him. Eternity is eternity. That is beyond our comprehension and we really haven't experienced Eternity AS IT IS. That real life humans thought this vile thing up horrifies and saddens me. This is the most vile part of any religion. BLOODY FUCKING ETERNAL TORMENT! How that can not alarm any Christian or Muslim or anybody? I really cannot understand the mentality that would hold the victims beyond their death and beyiond any mortal conception of time to suffer over and over with one of the most horrifying methods of actual DEATH! Why we should even submit to a god like that and why should we even submit to a religion like that? The stereotypical Christian Heaven and Hell is a sham and anybody saying different is blind to the horrors it implies.

• Like 2

If Heaven is just a place where everyone stands around stroking Yahweh's ego for all of eternity, then that sounds really boring. At least if there was peace on Earth, everyone would be able to keep their individuality. There would still be sex, food, parties, and everything else that people enjoy doing.

I think the comparison you made fails.

Guest chrisassaf

If Heaven is just a place where everyone stands around stroking Yahweh's ego for all of eternity, then that sounds really boring. At least if there was peace on Earth, everyone would be able to keep their individuality. There would still be sex, food, parties, and everything else that people enjoy doing.

Sometimes, for the greater good, individuality would have to be sacrified. At least, that would be so in my ideal state.

Sometimes, for the greater good, individuality would have to be sacrified. At least, that would be so in my ideal state.

You want to be the Borg?

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

You want to be the Borg?

I think he's already answered this:

that would be my ideal state.

If individuality is sacrificed, then how is that for the greater good? Why should the greater good even matter if everyone's just going to become mindless drones with no ability to think outside of their programming? Is the greater good nothing more than massaging Yahweh's ego for all of eternity?

Heaven sounds like hell to me. I'm glad I don't believe in it. It sounds like the people who invented the concept made it so perfect that it became imperfect.

It's like the time my youth pastor was explaining how he would view his wife in heaven.. He wouldn't see her as he does now but he would just love her perfectly as a sister in Christ.. I thought it strange that according to what he said I would in a sense love his wife the same way he would in heaven despite what happened between them on earth.. I found this rather odd and kind of creepy.

• Like 1

Heaven sounds like hell to me. I'm glad I don't believe in it. It sounds like the people who invented the concept made it so perfect that it became imperfect.

The basic idea is:

If you use your free will do only do good here in this life and avoid doing evil, you can go to Heaven. In Heaven, you'll be brainwashed or get a brain transplant or whatever so you shan't want to do evil anymore but only do good.

It's like a guy buy 100 dogs. Let them out in the backyard. The ones who run away get eaten by the mountain lions. The ones the stay are rewarded by being put in cages. Nice guy. Isn't he?

What's the greater good here? God being pleased enslaving people and being praised for eternity? He must be a real dick.

What's the greater good here? God being pleased enslaving people and being praised for eternity? He must be a real dick.

Of course christians will tell you that god is the greatest good so it's okay to priceless human to sacrifice for him