Goodbye Jesus

Heaven Sounds Like Torture

WaitingInfinity

Of course christians will tell you that god is the greatest good so it's okay to priceless human to sacrifice for him

Sure. God's greater good has nothing to do with my good. God's good is to play a cat-and-mouse game with us and confuse the hell out of us throughout our lives.

Of course christians will tell you that god is the greatest good so it's okay to priceless human to sacrifice for him

Sure. God's greater good has nothing to do with my good. God's good is to play a cat-and-mouse game with us and confuse the hell out of us throughout our lives.

God's good, if the Bible is correct, is to make himself feel good at the expense of everyone else. So much for God = Love, eh?

God's good, if the Bible is correct, is to make himself feel good at the expense of everyone else. So much for God = Love, eh?

Self-love. God is a narcissist. Can God create a mirror so big that he can admire himself in it? That's better than the rock and lifting and such.

Guest chrisassaf

Going to heaven and praising God for eternity sounds a whole lot better than tghan working at stupid walmart and listening to some pig-girl yabbering on about company policies (yawn-o-rama) listening to Boston's "More Than A Feeling" blaring over the loudspeakers for the 60th time that day, all while restocking the linen shelf and listening to old ladies argue over fabric sizes.

• Super Moderator

Going to heaven and praising God for eternity sounds a whole lot better than tghan working at stupid walmart and listening to some pig-girl yabbering on about company policies (yawn-o-rama) listening to Boston's "More Than A Feeling" blaring over the loudspeakers for the 60th time that day, all while restocking the linen shelf and listening to old ladies argue over fabric sizes.

That is precisely the kind of society that is produced when public education isn't a high priority (referring back to your argument on the Home Schooling thread).

"When we've been there ten thousand years

Bright shining as the sun

We've no less days to sing god's praise

Than when we first begun."

Remember when we all thought this verse was wonderfully moving and we couldn't wait to start praising god for eternity? Wow. Good times.

• Like 1

Everyone has a different idea of what is fun and of what is boring. Sure, maybe praising Yahweh for all of eternity sounds better to you, but that is not the case for everyone. If Yahweh was real, actually deserved the praise he demanded, and gave everyone a different Heaven, then I would see how that could be for the greater good.

Instead, when it comes to what most Christians believe, we're stuck with only two choices. Become a Borg drone, worshiping Yahweh forever, or get thrown into a lake of fire to be tortured. Nothing Christians have to offer sounds even remotely like it's "for the greater good".

Guest chrisassaf

Everyone has a different idea of what is fun and of what is boring. Sure, maybe praising Yahweh for all of eternity sounds better to you.....

But, the question is, would you want to deny me that option? Plus, you are going to miss out spending eternity WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, he deserves praise simply because he created us and is divine.

Anybody who would create all the suffering in the world deserves praise.

Everyone has a different idea of what is fun and of what is boring. Sure, maybe praising Yahweh for all of eternity sounds better to you.....

But, the question is, would you want to deny me that option? Plus, you are going to miss out spending eternity WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never said I would deny you that option. The way I think it would work best, you would still get the Heaven that fits you best, while everyone else would get a Heaven that fits them best.

Also, the fact that you seem to think I'm missing out on spending eternity with you leads me to believe you're a troll and are screwing with us. If that is not the case, then you must have a severe case of Narcissistic Personality Disorder going on.

And no, simply creating life does not make a deity deserving of praise by default. I can list a whole bunch of reasons why Yahweh, if he is real, deserves nothing more than to go to his own Hell. If you'd like to see those reasons, I'll gladly share them.

Why, pray tell, would a PERFECT being even NEED eternal praise?  The only people I've ever been around who need constant praise were the ones who had some serious self-esteem issues.  Personally, I find the idea of a group of people following me around and telling me how awesome I am to be positively nauseating.

• Like 3

Now, that's not very nice to say about that girl. I get that you don't like the idea of that, but honestly, I would go for the Walmart job over the eternal praise in heaven. At Walmart, I get to think the way I want, be who I want, and at the end of the day, I still go home as myself. Not so in heaven.

• Like 1

And you'll miss the barbecue.

If we're divine, why do we have to improve ourselves in any way to go to Heaven? We shouldn't have to do anything to be divine if we already are. We are perfectly imperfect?

I always thought the descriptions of heaven were BS. I always thought that whatever heaven was it probably is nothing like life on Earth.

I've heard descriptions where you pick your features (like GTA San Andreas' build a character feature). I've heard descriptions that say you will be frozen at the prime of your life (Super BS). And I've even heard versions where all your pets are there with you, and although there is no time you can tell who has been there longer by their wisdom (Ultra BS combo +1000pts :P ).