Goodbye Jesus

If Jesus Is God

TheRedneckProfessor

I think it would be fair to speculate that the will of God in the person of Christ would be specific and have potential limitations.

Okay, what specific specifications and limitations, exactly? And, says who? Though it doesn't really matter, it's like debating Harry Potter plots :P

But if jesus was god, would he not know the specifics and limitations of his own will?  Why would he pray as though his will were different than his will?

As a teacher I suspect.  And maybe the limitations were such that the human aspect had a "significant' role....i.e. I can't be that particular manifestation if I am not that manifestation.

Your sidestepping of the issue is 3-dimensional!

I don't accept the premise that it's possible to explain the Trinity or that anyone should even try; that would imply that it is an examinable real thing. The Trinity is supposed to be an unsolvable mystery and as such is an important part of the mythology. If we could make sense of it, it would be useless to the priest class.

The trinity is not rocket science at all. It's easily understandable, but also easy to write all sorts of jargonistic blabber about to make it seem more complicated in order to discourage critical thinking.

Ficino, your bible scholarship is intimidating

I like that  :)

Ravenstar, this is high praise, coming from you. I don't know anyone on here whose historical erudition is as intimidating as yours! Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year!!!  to everyone!