Goodbye Jesus

A Challenge To Funguyrye.

bornagainathiest

Elohim is just a puppet. The real God is Yachma, the 5-headed Dragon from Elkhman.

You don't want that to happen, though, because he'll stick a giant finger in your face and say, "I'm real bitch and you didn't believe. You failed the religion lottery by not participating. Enjoy the lake of fire MUHAHAHA!"

[/sarcasm]

It would be hilarious if Christians got to heaven and Yahweh was pissed at them for rejecting Yahweh's law and not offering up any burnt offerings.

That will never happen.  That's the OLD Testament.  Christians know things like like it's now find to wear cotton/polyester blends, but it's still not OK to be gay (a few verses away) because god tells them what's still OK from the OT and what's not through a little voice in their heads.

• Like 1

I pray while you are studying and understanding how the universe works and functions, it will bring you to the revelation of the Elohim who created it. 

And I hope that as you are studying and understanding Elohim in your holy texts, it will bring you to the revelation of the humans who created him.

Profound!

We cannot understand the mind of God. His ways are too mysterious...especially when they defy logic.

• Like 1

You don't want that to happen, though, because he'll stick a giant finger in your face and say, "I'm real bitch and you didn't believe. You failed the religion lottery by not participating. Enjoy the lake of fire MUHAHAHA!"

[/sarcasm]

It would be hilarious if Christians got to heaven and Yahweh was pissed at them for rejecting Yahweh's law and not offering up any burnt offerings.

I think it would be even more hilarious if they got to Heaven and discovered that the real god was a deity that no human ever thought of or worshiped. Then it might tell the Christians that were good people that they were good because that is who they wanted to be, not because of some faith they had. Maybe they'd even find that some of their ideas about what was good and what was evil were totally wrong.

Science.... it's the devil's playground. Unless, it can be used to promote obsessive thoughts about Jebus!

Dear BAA,

Thank you for taking and putting in time and effort into your posts as I am sure you are appreciative of my efforts as well. 

No, I'm sorry FGR, but that's not the case.

I do not appreciate your efforts. From what I've seen of them so far, they amount to the following.

1. The deliberate avoidance of and/or rejection of any evidence outside of scripture that disagrees with it.

2. The deliberate avoidance of and/or rejection of all the secular learning resources that are freely available to you. 

Resources that others are denied due to poverty, war, blindness, political and religious suppression.

3. The irrational and unreasoned belief that the Bible accurately describes reality, whereas science does not.

4. The deliberate avoidance of difficult questions in this forum by various cheap tactics.

My time is no more valuable than your time, so thank you for showing me equal respect. 

I'm sorry, but I do not hold you in equal respect.

I do not respect anyone who reaps the benefits of something, but refuses to acknowledge that he does so.

I am also thankful of the time you and other scientists have taken to explore the universe, this world, nature and even our bodies. 

Then please translate your thankfulness into secular learning and explore the universe, this world and nature for yourself. 

The more I learn about the new revelations in science and the complexity of the universe, the more I am in awe of the Creator of the Universe who spoke it all into existence. 

No creator was neccessary.

I could explain why this is so to you, but your 'efforts' so far tell me that this would be a futile exercise.

Continue on with new discoveries and the exploration of the galaxies and the very stars that God knows by name. 

There is no god to know the stars by name.

As above, I could explain to you why this is so and, as above, I won't do so for the reason given.

Anything I can do to continue to validate my faith and believes, I will gladly support you within my means. 

Please do not include me or link me to anything to do with your faith and your beliefs.

God bless,

funguyonrye

Please do not invoke the name or title of any fictional deity on my account.

P.S.  I make some pretty mean sushi rolls.  Let me know when you come to the Great White North and you are more than welcome into my home anytime. 

Thank you for the kind offer, but I must refuse.

BAA

• Like 2

I pray while you are studying and understanding how the universe works and functions, it will bring you to the revelation of the Elohim who created it. 

How exactly does that work? Praying for an internet person?

If you were to pray for faceahem will god know that it's me?

Dear lord, please help faceahem not get too drunk on this new years eve. Lord, faceahem is this guy I met on the internet. Well, he says he's a guy but you never really know. Anyway, please give him a 4X4 with leather seats and a satnav. Amen.

What happens if I give my username and password to someone else and they log in? Will god get confused and give my 4X4 to that person by mistake? Does god keep a log with username, actual name of person logged in and datetime logged in? I don't see how else he's going to be able to keep track of who to give the 4X4 to.

When god gives me my 4X4 I'm going to call it Wendy. Wendy and I will then drive from my home in Cape Town all through Africa telling the little starving children that he gave me, a middle class white dude, a 4X4 with satnav and leather seats. They will then all see how good god is and realise the only reason they're starving is because they don't pray hard enough.

Dear BAA,

Thank you for taking and putting in time and effort into your posts as I am sure you are appreciative of my efforts as well. 

No, I'm sorry FGR, but that's not the case.

I do not appreciate your efforts. From what I've seen of them so far, they amount to the following.

1. The deliberate avoidance of and/or rejection of any evidence outside of scripture that disagrees with it.

2. The deliberate avoidance of and/or rejection of all the secular learning resources that are freely available to you. 

Resources that others are denied due to poverty, war, blindness, political and religious suppression.

3. The irrational and unreasoned belief that the Bible accurately describes reality, whereas science does not.

4. The deliberate avoidance of difficult questions in this forum by various cheap tactics.

My time is no more valuable than your time, so thank you for showing me equal respect. 

I'm sorry, but I do not hold you in equal respect.

I do not respect anyone who reaps the benefits of something, but refuses to acknowledge that he does so.

I am also thankful of the time you and other scientists have taken to explore the universe, this world, nature and even our bodies. 

Then please translate your thankfulness into secular learning and explore the universe, this world and nature for yourself. 

The more I learn about the new revelations in science and the complexity of the universe, the more I am in awe of the Creator of the Universe who spoke it all into existence. 

No creator was neccessary.

I could explain why this is so to you, but your 'efforts' so far tell me that this would be a futile exercise.

Continue on with new discoveries and the exploration of the galaxies and the very stars that God knows by name. 

There is no god to know the stars by name.

As above, I could explain to you why this is so and, as above, I won't do so for the reason given.

Anything I can do to continue to validate my faith and believes, I will gladly support you within my means. 

Please do not include me or link me to anything to do with your faith and your beliefs.

God bless,

funguyonrye

Please do not invoke the name or title of any fictional deity on my account.

P.S.  I make some pretty mean sushi rolls.  Let me know when you come to the Great White North and you are more than welcome into my home anytime. 

Thank you for the kind offer, but I must refuse.

BAA

Then I guess we are done here.

You're the one who wrote that the challenge wasn't relevant to you. So...

Bye!  LeslieWave.gif

I have a question, BAA.  How was this supernova detected, if it was noticed soon enough for the scientist to predict both the number of neutrinos to be detected and the delay before detecting the first blast of light.  In order to predict the neutrino count, the supernova would have had to have been detected very early by some means or another, right?  Who were the scientists who made the predictions?

A side note to funguyre and other apologists: BAA is kind of on the spot to be forthcoming with clarification and further support for his claim.

In every instance I have seen, visiting apologists such as you (such as you--I'm not saying you personally have done all these behaviors, but of course I am saying you have engaged in one or more of them)... visiting apologists such as you, when challenged to support your claims, have ignored the question, evaded the question, made up something lame and unrelated, told us that we should believe what you do about your supernatural claims without evidence, and in the face of threatening challenges to your beliefs, well, just because you bring us THE TRUTHTM, insulted us with all manner of logical fallacies, and eventually resorted to ad homs and temper tantrums.

In contrast, BAA and others who think critically and honestly seek knowledge, know that don't gain credibility or reach valid conclusions by employing any of these maneuvers.  I would be very surprised if BAA dismissed or evaded my question, or was upset or attacked me for asking it instead of giving me a good answer to my question.  He's still on the hook, as is every one of us when we examine our claims, or need to support them.  You see it's not "us against you."  I have called upon BAA with a question the same way he called upon you.  The difference between you and him is that he has a history of following the evidence and supporting his claims, and you have a history of clinging to what you consider to be the truth at all costs.

If you want to be taken seriously, you would do well to take a lesson from BAA and others like him.  Be forewarned: if you do, you'll need to put your own claims under scrutiny, just as we have, and continue to do.

To ShackledNoMore...

Re: the emboldened portion of your post above, here is the relevant information.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=physicists-eagerly-await-neutrinos-from-the-next-nearby-supernova

In preparing my challenge to FGR I used this article from Scientific American, but simplified it a great deal, pitching it at a level I hoped he'd appreciate.  Please read page #1 to learn about how the supernova was first detected and then look closely at the first paragraph on page #2. 

This explains the exact chronology of events and how this scientist... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_N._Bahcall ...was able (with the help of two colleagues) to submit this paper... http://www.nature.com/physics/looking-back/bahcall/index.html ...and make those amazing predictions.

The whole SCIAM article is well worth reading anyway.

These are the detectors that registered the neutrino's as they zipped thru our planet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamioka_Observatory

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irvine%E2%80%93Michigan%E2%80%93Brookhaven_(detector)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baksan_Neutrino_Observatory

Please lmk if you need anything here is unclear.

Thanks,

BAA

To Funguyrye...

The scientist who made those predictions in 1987 was a Jew, just like you.

http://www.sns.ias.edu/~jnb/Neta/letter.html

After he died on Aug 17, 2005, his widow Neta, wrote...

"He valued intelligence, determination, learning, seriousness of purpose, and unflinching honesty; he combined it all with a playful sense of humor."

So if John Bahcall were alive today FGR, would he see any unflinching honesty in you?

• Like 1

Dear lord, please help faceahem not get too drunk on this new years eve. Lord, faceahem is this guy I met on the internet. Well, he says he's a guy but you never really know. Anyway, please give him a 4X4 with leather seats and a satnav. Amen.

What happens if I give my username and password to someone else and they log in? Will god get confused and give my 4X4 to that person by mistake? Does god keep a log with username, actual name of person logged in and datetime logged in? I don't see how else he's going to be able to keep track of who to give the 4X4 to.

When god gives me my 4X4 I'm going to call it Wendy. Wendy and I will then drive from my home in Cape Town all through Africa telling the little starving children that he gave me, a middle class white dude, a 4X4 with satnav and leather seats. They will then all see how good god is and realise the only reason they're starving is because they don't pray hard enough.

Lord, when he says 'faceahem' he really means 'midniterider', because that is the original Greek translation...so please give midniterider the 4X4 with satnav.

Lord, when he says 'faceahem' he really means 'midniterider', because that is the original Greek translation...so please give midniterider the 4X4 with satnav.

You guys are making this request to God.  You do realize that what you will get is a satnav and a leather chair that are both glued to a wooden post.

To ShackledNoMore...

Re: the emboldened portion of your post above, here is the relevant information.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=physicists-eagerly-await-neutrinos-from-the-next-nearby-supernova

Thank you, BAA!  I read the entire article before I even read the rest of your post.  It's fascinating stuff! 

Minutes after he heard about supernova 1987A, Bahcall and two of his colleagues got to work to calculate how many neutrinos should have been recorded by the various neutrino detectors on Earth. They determined that the answer should be a few dozen neutrinos and submitted a paper with their conclusion to the journal Nature within a week so that their prediction could appear ahead of the actual measurement.

I knew that hacking into all those ex-c accounts would pay off big-time!  GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

Midniterider, when reading the original Greek translation many are lead astray by the devil confusing the context. When you have the holy ghost in you then you can truly understand the Greek context.

All praise my version and interpretation of the holy word.

edit - spelling

Ravenstar wrote...

"I do know that they seek for supernovae because that's their 'yardstick' for figuring out where things are because they seem to be kind of homogenous as far as brightness goes... and when they happen it gives astronomers a chance to triangulate."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a nutshell, yes Ravenstar.

A certain kind of supernova (type 1a) is thought to explode under a specific set of circumstances and to do so in a very predictable way, radiating a certain amount of light over a given period of time.  Thus astronomers like to use them as a 'standard candle', that always behaves the same way, no matter where they are in the universe.

Here's a link to the relevant Wiki page...  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chandrasekhar_Limit

This is a very simplified, non-technical way of understanding how the limit works.

If you want to make a nuclear weapon detonate you've got to get the fissile material (an isotope of Plutonium, usually) to go 'supercritical', initiating a thermonuclear chain reaction.  Slugs of the plutonium are fired together by explosive charges within the warhead.  Separately these slugs are of insufficient mass to go supercritical by themselves.  But when explosively slammed together at supersonic speeds, they exceed the necessary limit and...

WHAMMO!!! 

In a similar way, the star that's about to go supernova can't do so until it's mass reaches a certain point.

Once that happens an explosion is inevitable.  Seeing as the laws of physics should apply equally, to all stars everywhere, a type 1a supernova in our galaxy or in a galaxy zillions of light-years away should explode in the same way. 

The same limit = the same mass.

The same mass = the same kind of supernova.

The same kind of supernova = the same kind of explosion.

The same kind of explosion = the same brightness, same duration, same spectrum, etc.

Hence the term, 'standard candle'.

Or as you put it, a yardstick for measuring the scale of the universe.  Just as the Russian, Chinese, British, French, Indian, Pakistani and Israeli scientists have to use identical amounts of plutonium to make their bombs work, so the universe has to push it's stars over the same limit to make them explode.  The foundational principle of Uniformity used in all of science seems to work everywhere and anywhere in the universe.

QUALIFICATION!

Sometimes nature throws us a curveball!

On that Wiki page there's a section about some stars that might have exceeded the Chandrasekhar limit. (See the Champagne Supernova.) The jury's still out on this issue, but if it turns out that some type 1a supernovae come from stars that can exceed the limit, then it's back to the drawing board. sad.png

Which, of course, is no bad thing.  smile.png

That's how science works and improves itself, by not shying away from it's problems - but meeting them head-on, with unflinching honesty.

Thanks,

BAA

p.s.

The usual terms and conditions apply, Ravenstar.

I'll give any of your questions my best shot.

I guess my question would be… how are they able to tell when a star will supernova? Space is big, can't watch it all.

There is some speculation that the Champagne Supernova (around 2 solar masses?) could have been caused by a collision of two white dwarfs (making the extra mass a short term phenomena), of course the implication of this is that the measurements made possible by applying the Chandrasekar limit will have to be considered…umm… somewhat premature until this mystery is solved, I would think.

I love mysteries! The universe never fails to provide them either.  :D

I guess my question would be… how are they able to tell when a star will supernova? Space is big, can't watch it all.

There is some speculation that the Champagne Supernova (around 2 solar masses?) could have been caused by a collision of two white dwarfs (making the extra mass a short term phenomena), of course the implication of this is that the measurements made possible by applying the Chandrasekar limit will have to be considered…umm… somewhat premature until this mystery is solved, I would think.

I love mysteries! The universe never fails to provide them either.  biggrin.png

This is why I pity theists.  They don't apply science to their worldview, they just say, " I don't understand it, therefore God".  The Universe that we inhabit is a wondrous place, with amazing knowledge to be known or be discovered.  I share the enthusiasm of these discoveries with BAA and Bhim, even though I don't posses the scientific expertise that they do.  My lack of knowledge of the higher concepts of astronomy and astrophysics does not prevent me from feeling the wonder of this universe that we live in, it motivates me to learn more at any opportunity that I have.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

We don't know that. There's nothing to suggest a creator exists. Evolution accounts for all of the diversity we currently see. We don't know how life fist got started, but it's a pretty big leap to say an intelligent creator or a god created it. Particularly when the best argument is life is so complex there just has to be a designer. Also, the wishful thinking or opinion of a pharmacist is supposed to be a slam dunk example of the predictive power of the god hypothesis?

Science does not deny god; however, using the scientific method has not revealed evidence that points to a creator. Therefore, no one is under any obligation to believe a claim that is unsupported by emperical evidence and lacks the ability to make testable predictions.

The pharmacist is right you know.  I am intelligent and I created the universe.  I am the intelligent creator.  Now that I have revealed my identity you, my children, have my permission to worship me.  Blessed are those who do so without hesitation and without questioning.  Take it on faith.

• Like 1

Also, ask your friend about the recurrent laryngeal nerve. If he did a proper gross anatomy lab this had to come up. If not, perhaps a jog down memory lane? The recurrent laryngeal nerve connects to part of the larynx, the voice box. A competent designer would design the nerve to connect from the brain directly to the voice box. Unfortunately, it comes off the brain, travels down into the chest, loops under the aortic arch, then back up the neck to the voice box. The absolute best I could possibly even consider is that this is evidence of a completely inept creator. Of course, if your googlefu skillz are strong, evolutionary biology makes good predictions about how this developed. Unfortunately, the story doesn't involve a creator.

Why is it that God can be the complicated thing that didn't have a designer and didn't have a beginning?  Once people agree to that they have decided that something did always exist or something very complex can exist without a designer.  And that shoots the whole intelligent design idea in the foot.  If the more complicated designer exists without a designer then the simpler human doesn't need a designer.

Intelligent design is Bronze Age barbarians creating God. 

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:35 PM

Anyone here see a planet-sized contradiction in what the Fungi's posting?

He ducks out of my challenge, like this...

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:55 AM

funguyrye, on 29 Dec 2013 - 06:05 AM, said:snapback.png

funguyrye, on 28 Dec 2013 - 11:05 PM, said:snapback.png

(Irrelevancies snipped out for the sake of clarity.)

So I can't answer your question nor accept your challenge as it is not relevant to me.  Sorry. 

No need to apologize, FGR.

I shan't be asking if gravity, oxygen or water are things that are relevant to you, either. 

That's because any decision you make about their relevance to you is...irrelevant.  Their relevance or irrelevance to you is NOT for you to decide... unless you'd like to argue that gravity, oxygen and water are "irrelevant" to your continued existence? 

This is also true of neutrinos.

You may think that neutrinos are irrelevant to you, but they don't require your belief or unbelief to be be vitally relevant to you.  Without them the universe wouldn't exist in any form we'd recognize.  Without them the iron, oxygen, calcium, sodium and carbon in your body wouldn't exist at all.  Without them the silicon and germanium in the computer you're using right now wouldn't exist,  either.  In fact, billions of neutrinos are zipping thru every cubic inch of your body as you read these words.  You didn't know that 10 seconds ago, right?

Btw, these aren't just empty assertions on my part.

They are bona fide, independently-confirmed facts based upon rigorously tested and checked evidence.  No leaps of faith are required on my part.  Now, since it's impossible for false knowledge to produce correct answers and since the scientist in question DID produce correct answers with his predictions, back in 1987 - logic demands that we accept he had true knowledge of the workings of the universe.

But, if you wish to be illogical, well that's your choice.  Wendyshrug.gif

Anyway, let it be recorded that you declined my challenge.

Thanks,

BAA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...saying that true knowledge about reality isn't relevant to him.

Got that? 

True knowledge (i.e., historical facts and real events and independently verified scientific data) isn't relevant to him.

So what the **** is he doing posting examples of historical facts, real events and independently verified science data (the weather and geological stuff) to prove his illogical, irrational and unreasonable beliefs?

C'mon FGR, if true knowledge about the real world is relevant to you - then don't dodge my challenge.

But if true knowledge isn't relevant to you (as you've claimed) - then don't cite examples of it. 

You can't have it both ways, friend!   PageofCupsNono.gif

BAA

What isn't relevant to me is a science that denies a Creator.  I just talked with a pharmacist who isn't a believer, and used to be an atheist, say when he was in medical school and cutting up cadavers, he was awestruck on the complexities of the human body and how our bodies had to of been intelligently designed.  Mind you, he doesn't believe in God, but he acknowledged we came from a designer.  He just isn't sure who or what that is yet.

So what isn't relevant to me is a science that denies God because the entire world, universe, bodies speak to his creation. 

Dear Jesus, thank you for my man-titties. They don't do much but I'm sure I just don't understand your 'higher' thinking as to why you gave them to me. Thank you Jesus for my tonsils and appendix, both of which got infected and had to be removed by a doctor. Thank you for designing the airway to my lungs and the esophagus right on top of each other so I choke on stuff. Just think if you had made the airway go up or some other way then if food got stuck, I could still breathe.

Hip hip hooray for not so intelligent design!

• Like 1

What isn't relevant to me is a science that denies a Creator.  I just talked with a pharmacist who isn't a believer, and used to be an atheist, say when he was in medical school and cutting up cadavers, he was awestruck on the complexities of the human body and how our bodies had to of been intelligently designed.  Mind you, he doesn't believe in God, but he acknowledged we came from a designer.  He just isn't sure who or what that is yet.

So what isn't relevant to me is a science that denies God because the entire world, universe, bodies speak to his creation. 

So what you're saying is you ignore any aspect of reality that denies a creator.

The beauty of evolution is that when you apply it to solving complex artificial intelligence problems it solves it very efficiently. You will be surprised at how intelligent evolution is. So to deny the process is lunacy. Now the process is unavoidable in DNA because it involves (1) inheritance with (2) a small margin of error in (3) the harsh conditions of life. Under those conditions evolution is inevitable.

It's like denying gravity Wendyshrug.gif

• Like 1

Dear Jesus, thank you for my man-titties. They don't do much but I'm sure I just don't understand your 'higher' thinking as to why you gave them to me. Thank you Jesus for my tonsils and appendix, both of which got infected and had to be removed by a doctor. Thank you for designing the airway to my lungs and the esophagus right on top of each other so I choke on stuff. Just think if you had made the airway go up or some other way then if food got stuck, I could still breathe.

Hip hip hooray for not so intelligent design!

I just had a word with God, I prayed and he answered.

He said, "those man-titties you have, I gave them to you so that one day you will mention it to funguyrye.

Your tonsils and appendix, I wanted you to go to the doctor to remove them so that you know that there is always someone to care for you in this wonderful world.

The airway to your lungs, that was made so that each time you choke you are reminded that mistakes are beautiful.

Signed, God"