Goodbye Jesus

Homosexuality - Sin....??!

Asimov

Any guy who says he doesn't get a chubby while watching girls kiss is a liar...

I beg to differ; mine shrivels up into a peanut just thinking about it. :close:

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Asimov

• Vixentrox

• Desert Walker

• white_raven23

Top Posters In This Topic

Preach it.

People twist the Bible for fun and profit. If you're good enough at it, you can even make yourself god.

Kinda like a TV preacher.....one of your fellow Xtians.

Really?  So if it were a law in the bible to kill black people...would you do it?  Because there's a law in the bible which states to kill homosexuals.

If it were a law to kill black people, or any other race or type of people, I would lay this book down and never pick it up again. New Testamant teachings of Jesus Christ commands that we are to be wise as serpents and gentle as doves. The part of the law pertaining to homosexuality falls in line with immorality which is among the Ten Commandments. Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed to set an example of the consequences of this. He did not destroy Sodom and Gomorrah as an action of sport.

I specifically stated as a simple example that I simpy disliked the gay act, but loved the gay person. And yet, I am automatically titled a hater, bigot, etc, and this is not at all the case. I have placed a title upon no one here except being a fellow sinner which I stated I also was. But the very ones who complain of having titles assigned to them are so quick to assign titles to others who simply disagree with them. It is not my intent to bash anyone for anything. And I have said this in many ways, yet offence is still taken simply because I do not agree 100% with the views of others. Oh well. Such is life. One can assume to know my heart, and never truly know it.

Like I said, I used the gay example among many to point out the need for both sides of the debate to work together to bridge their views in a more softer way, and this one slight example erupts into something aside from what I was trying to express. So the bridge collapses once again. Simply because I am judged and titled incorrectly. Simply because I believe what the bible says, and others do not. There must be a better way here.

Being gay does not gaurantee one's ticket to hell. It is just one of many sins we all are confronted with to work to regain the road to heaven. If all sinners go to hell, then nobody would enter heaven. The primary way to enter heaven is to repent of your sins and accept Jesus Christ as your Savior. After that, only He can determine one's true heart and motive during and after repentence. And the bible is very clear about this.

Sharing the laws and the teachings of the bible wasn't intended to offend or assign any placement of titles. It is just seen that way by those who choose not to believe or follow the written laws provided for us to follow.

I for one am done on this subject. It wasn't my heart to come here and brawl over the gay issue...

I was simply trying to build a better bridge which perhaps would lead us over these very title assignments and inflicted insults (intended or not). But I am just one man with a new hammer and nails. And it often takes more than one man to construct a bridge. It often seems as if a Christian cannot even share the simplest of what he or she believes without things spiraling into the fog in this manner. But yet, we are fully expected to hear the other side without rebuke.

Interesting forum.

Good old Sodom and Gomorrah. Really suck to be a child in those towns. But, your fucking blood thirsty devil that you call "god" killed the babies and kids too. Just like he did when he flooded the world. How's it feel to worship a murdering beast that the crimes of Stalin and Hitler would only pale in comparison to?

Good old Sodom and Gomorrah. Really suck to be a child in those towns. But, your fucking blood thirsty devil that you call "god" killed the babies and kids too. Just like he did when he flooded the world. How's it feel to worship a murdering beast that the crimes of Stalin and Hitler would only pale in comparison to?

And a very fine example of the very vile and hateful expression I am talking about. And a total lack of the very same respect non-believers seek from Christains. It often seems to me that those who cry loudest for tolerance are the very one's who are the least tolerant. It's funny how that is, isn't it? Their way or no way?

Attempting to build as solid bridge with this expression is an effort of total futility. And we can talk all day of building a bridge and never build one.

Such a shame.

How does one expect to receive respect and courtesy if he cannot give neither?

Again, just a clear observation only.

I think this is really appropriate for this thread. Those who call it "vile" to speak up when there is prejudice, this is why I speak up. This is why I fight prejudice when I see it. Because if we do not fight hate, even if it is only a little spark, sooner or later, another Hitler or Osama bin Laden will come along and fan the spark into an inferno. And there will be bodies on the fire.

First They Came for the Jews

First they came for the Jews

and I did not speak out

because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists

and I did not speak out

because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists

and I did not speak out

because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me

and there was no one left

to speak out for me.

Pastor Martin Niemöller

Just some food for thought.

And a very fine example of the very vile and hateful expression I am talking about. And a total lack of the very same respect non-believers seek from Christains. It often seems to me that those who cry loudest for tolerance are the very one's who are the least tolerant. It's funny how that is, isn't it? Their way or no way?

Attempting to build as solid bridge with this expression is an effort of total futility. And we can talk all day of building a bridge and never build one.

Such a shame.

How does one expect to receive respect and courtesy if he cannot give neither?

Again, just a clear observation only.

It's your god...defend him...if you can. You worship that being.

I think this is really appropriate for this thread.  Those who call it "vile" to speak up when there is prejudice, this is why I speak up.

First They Came for the Jews

First they came for the Jews

and I did not speak out

because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists

and I did not speak out

because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists

and I did not speak out

because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me

and there was no one left

to speak out for me.

Pastor Martin Niemöller

Your own condemnation and vile tongue towards God whom I whole-heartedly belive in and love is vile and hateful. Not to mention an extreme lack of the very same respect and warm tones you seek from me. This has nothing to do with bigotry, and all to do with basic common sense and mutual respect.

I don't really need to 'defend' Him. He can very well do that Himself...And He will.

All I need to do is to love Him and share Him.

Just like He wishes me to do.

Just as He wishes for us all to do.

People twist the Bible for fun and profit. If you're good enough at it, you can even make yourself god.

Just like Jesus (or his followers) did? :Doh:

But I do agree people twist the bible quite badly and for the worse reasons too. Both christians and non-christians do the twist. I'm sure most of the time it's unintentional twisting. People just naturally want the bible to fit their own views and culture. Plus it's just hard to tell what the hell the original writers really wanted to get across. Everything is so damn vague and subjective. It's ripe for interpreters to rip apart.

I am only speaking out against what I see that leads to great evil and violence. If you saw something that leads to great evil and violence, would you not speak out???

You Christians say you believe in love, but you call being born differently a "sin." To you, being human is a "sin."

I cannot fathom a deity who would torture people for all of eternity simply for having been born. That is ultimate cruelty to me. And yes, I grew up brainwashed--and today I cannot believe some of the things I believed as an innocent child. That people go to hell simply for being born in other cultures that worship other deities, or for having been born gay, (and yes, there is plenty of evidence that they are but you people choose to ignore it). That isn't the kind of being I would want to love, let alone worship.

You don't even know me in real life. I am a very kind, nice person. But I will stand up for what I believe is right...and hating people for having been born with a genetic variation isn't right. Why can't you just admit that that particular religious belief is wrong?

I have nothing against moderate Christians in general. What I do have against is people who use religion as an excuse to hate others. The "I just hate the sin" is a cop-out. It really, really is. I find it sad that you can't see that, and that you hate me because I believe in tolerance and peace and loving others for who they are.

This is exactly why I left, because of people like you who call people like me a sinner...because I believe in love and not hate.

I don't really need to 'defend' Him. He can very well do that Himself...And He will.

All I need to do is to love Him and share Him.

Just like He wishes me to do.

Right......nice to know you approve of the biggest murderer and baby killer in existance. All you got to do is love him. Your a sycophant like the one's in Hitler's bunker or in Stalin's Kremlin.

Just like Jesus (or his followers) did?  :Doh:

But I do agree people twist the bible quite badly and for the worse reasons too. Both christians and non-christians do the twist. I'm sure most of the time it's unintentional twisting. People just naturally want the bible to fit their own views and culture. Plus it's just hard to tell what the hell the original writers really wanted to get across. Everything is so damn vague and subjective. It's ripe for interpreters to rip apart.

The very reason He told us to listen to Him and read His word. He specifically told us to listen to Him and not man. Welcome to the great apostacy. I myself am very disgusted with the so many differing interpretations. Which is why I mainly just read the bible and allow the Holy Spirit to lead my heart each day. He is the only One I fully trust, and none other. If I hear something being taught that don't set right in my heart, I simply overlook it, or "gently" try to clear the fog. If it cannot be cleared, I pick up my bible once again and rely on Him and prayer. It's not really as complicated as it all seems.

We just make ot that way. And so does Satan.

Thank you much for the softer response. It works much better.

The very reason He told us to listen to Him and read His word. He specifically told us to listen to Him and not man. Welcome to the great apostacy. I myself am very disgusted with the so many differing interpretations. Which is why I mainly just read the bible and allow the Holy Spirit to lead my heart each day. He is the only One I fully trust, and none other. If I hear something being taught that don't set right in my heart, I simply overlook it, or "gently" try to clear the fog. If it cannot be cleared, I pick up my bible once again and rely on Him and prayer. It's not really as complicated as it all seems.

God created Satan and evil.

Ok guys!! Have at it. This is my last day off for awhile, and my kiddies are calling me outside. Have fun, and shine love. That's all I seek here. That's all I seek everywhere!

Love you all.

Your brother and/or friend,

Richard.

Desert Walker says:

If it were a law to kill black people, or any other race or type of people, I would lay this book down and never pick it up again.

It's a law to kill homosexuals. They are a type of people. If by type of people you mean persons genetically born a certain way.

New Testamant teachings of Jesus Christ commands that we are to be wise as serpents and gentle as doves. The part of the law pertaining to homosexuality falls in line with immorality which is among the Ten Commandments. Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed to set an example of the consequences of this. He did not destroy Sodom and Gomorrah as an action of sport.

Sodom and Gomorrah wasn't destroyed because people were homosexuals.

I specifically stated as a simple example that I simpy disliked the gay act, but loved the gay person.

Ah yes...the gay act. Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it a sin.

I have placed a title upon no one here except being a fellow sinner which I stated I also was.

Calling people sinners is wrong. Telling them that what they do is sinful, is wrong. Pressing your religious agenda of making everyone depressed about what they do, is wrong.

But the very ones who complain of having titles assigned to them are so quick to assign titles to others who simply disagree with them.

Who are those people?

It is not my intent to bash anyone for anything. And I have said this in many ways, yet offence is still taken simply because I do not agree 100% with the views of others. Oh well. Such is life. One can assume to know my heart, and never truly know it.

Uh...no. You say you dislike what homosexuals do. That's fine. Telling them that it is wrong is not fine, because it's not wrong.

Simply because I am judged and titled incorrectly. Simply because I believe what the bible says, and others do not. There must be a better way here.

You are judged and title according to your words. Someone who beats his wife, does not love her simply because he says so. Someone who tells gay people that what they do is wrong (based on nothing) and yet says that they love gay people is a hypocrite.

It is just one of many sins we all are confronted with to work to regain the road to heaven.

This whole fucking thread is for you to SHOW that it is a sin. I'm sorry, but you digress with so much verbal diarrhea, but you don't say anything to substantiate your position.

The primary way to enter heaven is to repent of your sins and accept Jesus Christ as your Savior. After that, only He can determine one's true heart and motive during and after repentence. And the bible is very clear about this.

What's your point, this has nothing to do with the topic.

I for one am done on this subject. It wasn't my heart to come here and brawl over the gay issue...

Wasn't it you who brought it up?

I was simply trying to build a better bridge which perhaps would lead us over these very title assignments and inflicted insults (intended or not). But I am just one man with a new hammer and nails. And it often takes more than one man to construct a bridge. It often seems as if a Christian cannot even share the simplest of what he or she believes without things spiraling into the fog in this manner. But yet, we are fully expected to hear the other side without rebuke.

Interesting forum.

I don't care if you wish to rebuke my side. By all means, prove it wrong. Don't go whining everytime someone gets in your face about your world-view. If I think it's wrong (which it is), and unsubstantiated (which it is), and silly (which it is), then I'm going to say so. Then all you do is talk about building bridges.

This is you: "tra la la la la, the gay act is gross, I don't like it. I think the bible says it's sinful, therefore it is!!"

Others: "you are a bigot, and a hypocrite. You haven't substantiated your beliefs, or justified them in any way that's based on reality."

You: "I am offended! I am a loving person, don't label me as bigoted, judge me by my fruits! Let's build bridges, not sling insults. People who do the gay act are sinning, I don't like it."

Then you go on to label people as sinners, and simply repeat the same statement over again 800 times....

"Loads more regular capacity mags and wonders why his ammo stash is getting low"

If you a guy and you aren't waking up with *dick* in bed with ya, who the living livid fuck are you to complain about someone who does?

Beyond me why who someone's life and/or bed partner is someone elses business..

"Well gee Fatman, how would you FEEL if your married wife slept with someone esle?"

"Wow, she IS an adult amigo, I don't make rules nor do I get upset over little things like sex...?" "Get over it fundie.."

"GoHwd SAID..................!"

"daFatman's brain suddenly farts and convo ends..."

I still have yet to figure why it is a politicians or bishops business to whom we choose to share our space with.. Capt'n Asshat amy have legal unction and permission, but it stops at my front doors..

n

The very reason He told us to listen to Him and read His word.  He specifically told us to listen to Him and not man.

He's not saying anything.

I myself am very disgusted with the so many differing interpretations.

Except for your own of course.

Which is why I mainly just read the bible and allow the Holy Spirit to lead my heart each day.

Which is what every other Christian supposedly does.

He is the only One I fully trust, and none other.

Nothing new here.

If I hear something being taught that don't set right in my heart, I simply overlook it, or "gently" try to clear the fog. If it cannot be cleared, I pick up my bible once again and rely on Him and prayer. It's not really as complicated as it all seems.

We just make ot that way.

No, it's not complicated. The bible = 100% bullshit. Simple enough for me.

And so does Satan.

Yea, well God created him, so what does that say for God.

And as the songs of salivation and dim reflection rage on, the bridges not only crumbles, it explodes. And the broken boards fall upon an enormous pile below from many broken bridges of old....

Does this mean it is also considered unwise to post Christian poetry here. Most that are in the form of beauty and nature relative to my heart? That's mainly what I love to do is sing.

If so, what can I do here?

And as the songs of salivation and dim reflection rage on, the bridges not only crumbles, it explodes. And the broken boards fall upon an enormous pile below from many broken bridges of old....

Does this mean it is also considered unwise to post Christian poetry here. Most that are in the form of beauty and nature relative to my heart? That's mainly what I love to do is sing.

If so, what can I do here?

You debate here, you post poetry in other sections.

I think what bugs me Desert Walker is that Christians seem to very selective about “sin” legislation. Why is that?

If all sins are equal, then why is there no pending legislation to ensure that the divorced are barred from teaching school? Are they not rubbing it in our faces that they continue to fornicate? Gluttony too, certainly seems to be on the back burner at the moment.

Face it. Christians use their faith to backup the common “ick-factor” that most heterosexuals have regarding homosexuality. It is common for both heterosexuals and homosexuals to find the sex of their counterparts gross. I have learned to ignore it, because frankly, it is none of my business. I just look for the love between couples and don’t try and imagine what they do in bed. If I want to, I can go the rest of my life without viewing heterosexual sex. I don’t think the average heterosexual would have any difficulty doing the same in reverse.

Using the concept of “sin” to keep homosexuals as second-class citizens will always come across as hypocritical on the part of Christians; unless they are willing to legislate against those sins they are equally guilty of. And I just don’t thing they are ready to do that.

Using the concept of “sin” to keep homosexuals as second-class citizens will always come across as hypocritical on the part of Christians; unless they are willing to legislate against those sins they are equally guilty of. And I just don’t thing they are ready to do that.

A very good point but of course, not all Xtains agree that all sins are equal. Slippery thing Xtian doctorine, never know what sort your going to hear when a Xtian opens thier mouth.

I wonder this as well, but like I said before, I am very new in this walk. In fact, I am still learning of the errors and failures other Christains and churches have made in the past. But like I said many times, it's not my fault, and I do not necessarily view the same things the way others in the past have done. In fact, very rarely do I jump into any debate. I simply do not want titles placed upon me which I am not deserving of just because I choose to follow the written scriptures the best I know how. Basically, I am just a kid in a very dark and newly-realized world.

Perhaps I'll refrain from the debates here and just fellowship and sing in the other areas here.

If of course this isn't a problem.

In His respect,

Richard.

And he still hasn't faced up to the actions of the murdering god of death he worships.....

Doesn't it BOTHER you what your supposed god has done?

I wonder this as well, but like I said before, I am very new in this walk. In fact, I am still learning of the errors and failures other Christains and churches have made in the past. But like I said many times, it's not my fault, and I do not necessarily view the same things the way others in the past have done. In fact, very rarely do I jump into any debate. I simply do not want titles placed upon me which I am not deserving of just because I choose to follow the written scriptures the best I know how. Basically, I am just a kid in a very dark and newly-realized world.

Perhaps I'll refrain from the debates here and just fellowship and sing in the other areas here.

If of course this isn't a problem.

In His respect,

Richard.

You're just avoiding any confrontation, why are you here then?? Nobody wants to hear your Evangelism.