Goodbye Jesus

The Christian God = The Ultimate Troll

Roz

The idea of god doing evil did trouble me terribly, but looking at human knowledge in general I see a pattern that any good or evil we know or do is never perfect. But god is someone who knows what perfect good and evil is. So the question I ask is "what is pefect evil?"

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

(scumbag Yahweh)

All powerful god who can down everything and everyone.

Needs the help of a 500 year old man in order to save some animals.

(/scumbag Yahweh)

• Like 1

The idea of god doing evil did trouble me terribly, but looking at human knowledge in general I see a pattern that any good or evil we know or do is never perfect. But god is someone who knows what perfect good and evil is. So the question I ask is "what is pefect evil?"

Um, see my username. There is no perfect--of anything. It's just an idea we made up--and you'll note that our best examples of it always start in some other place--heaven or hell or a fictional universe where things don't change.

Perfection is subjective, since it means something different to everyone. The word "evil" is also defined subjectively. If you ask, "What is the perfect evil?" to 50,000 people, you will probably get different responses from almost all of them. If you're looking for an objective standard of "evil" and "perfection", then no one will be able to come up with an answer.

If you want there to be an objective standard of "evil" and "perfection" then make up your own answer and call it an objective definition. At least that way, you'd have answered your own question and would no longer need to ask it.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a little late, but I came upon this this morning and I immediately thought of this thread.  It seem In and Out Burger prints bible verse references on some of its packaging.  One reference is Nahum 1:7, which reads: "The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him,".  But if you go on to verse 8 to finish the sentence it concludes: "but with an overwhelming flood he will make an end of Nineveh; he will pursue his foes into the realm of darkness." The rest of the chapter then proceeds to rant about how god is going to kick Ninevah's ass.  Oh, and it doesn't just start in verse 8, the whole chapter leads up to the vendetta against the Ninevites.  The preceding verse (6) says: "Who can withstand his indignation? Who can endure his fierce anger? His wrath is poured out like fire; the rocks are shattered before him."

Gotta love christain biblical context.  yelrotflmao.gif

Perfect evil? Look at some preachers, pastors, priests, imams, and well the king of tyrannical evil, the xtian/islamic "god" a villain so horrible even sauron is a angel in comparison.