ptqR06K.jpg

• Like 1

1166284.png

• Like 1

O59CUjH.jpg

scientific_meme1.jpg

• Like 2

O59CUjH.jpg

Sure you can, as long as it's a Venus Fly Trap and you put it in the vase upside down.

fails-011-03092015.jpg

I am forever typing "shit" instead of "shot" "shirt" or "shut" into 911 calls. My fingers have a dirty mouth. I can edit, but there is a permanent log of the original entry if I don't catch it fast enough.

927466_1538546393025708_900411778_a.jpg

• Like 1

It takes more force than you think to pull the trigger on a weapon like that, and just having it spin around on the trigger finger after being fired won't be near enough to fire the weapon, even with an automatic.

A revolver is a different story, but the automatics that I've shot (like a .45 as mentioned) have had hair triggers and I was surprised (alarmed) how easily it went off. I wouldn't be surprised if one went off a second time while spinning on your finger.

It takes more force than you think to pull the trigger on a weapon like that, and just having it spin around on the trigger finger after being fired won't be near enough to fire the weapon, even with an automatic.

A revolver is a different story, but the automatics that I've shot (like a .45 as mentioned) have had hair triggers and I was surprised (alarmed) how easily it went off. I wouldn't be surprised if one went off a second time while spinning on your finger.

Even then. It's pretty much impossible to shoot yourself that way. A weapon in a spin around your finger would be on the inner part of the trigger guard, not on the trigger itself. That's why twirling a weapon that way is relatively safe to do. Your finger would not actually touch the trigger when a handgun is doing that. The physics of spinning a weapon in either direction and the design of a firearm prevent that from happening. In a spin, your finger is automatically on the outer part of the guard and away from the trigger. The heavier part of the weapon moves towards the outer part of the spin where the force is greatest, which automatically moves the trigger away from the finger.

It's like if you spin a set of keys on your finger in a key ring. The keys are the heaviest part and will move to the point furthest from your finger. Just like the portion of the firearm with the trigger attached.

A hair trigger weapon is more dangerous than a weapon with a sturdy trigger, but not like you're suggesting. Dropping the weapon or pointing it carelessly might cause a shooting accident, but simply twirling it around won't set it off. I don't recommend twirling any weapon that is cocked or doesn't have the safety turned on, hair trigger and automatic or not. Only because you might lose control of it, not because it might go off while you're twirling it around. Put simply, the biggest danger when twirling a weapon that is unsecured is losing control of the weapon, not shooting yourself while it's twirling.

ijWYZNdbrqhJe.gif

So, I've heard this is true from some of the girls I know...

RIux5iN.png

Oo6CfG9.png

14IgRir.png

LBugy3F.png

yjU49G7.png

9OdPQSk.png

YmSWlqM.png

• Like 2

Even then. It's pretty much impossible to shoot yourself that way.

Would you kindly stop repeating Darwin Award mantras.  Thanks a bunch.  Far too many children shoot themselves in the head at gun ranges and every damn time it was completely preventable if only the supervising parent had used a brain.

How about more funny pics and less trolling?

• Like 4

Would you kindly stop repeating Darwin Award mantras.  Thanks a bunch.  Far too many children shoot themselves in the head at gun ranges and every damn time it was completely preventable if only the supervising parent had used a brain.

How about more funny pics and less trolling?

How about reading what the post is actually about instead of interjecting with something completely unrelated? None of your post has anything to do with the topic of discussion at all.

A handgun spinning on a finger won't do that. If you think they do, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Shooting accidents like you're describing occur when a weapon kicks back and the shooter bends at the elbows instead of lifting their arms up at the shoulder. When you go to a range and fire a handgun, not bending your elbows and locking your arms so the weapon goes over your head is one of the first safety instructions an instructor will give you. Bending at the elbows when a weapon has a strong kick can put a handgun into your face. A common reaction to being surprised is to clench up, which often causes an inexperienced shooter to pull the trigger again.This is why you never let a child fire a handgun, only long barreled weapons, and never automatics. I wouldn't even let a child shoot a semi-automatic weapon, even if it was a rifle or a shotgun.

In fact, no one should start shooting with a handgun for that very reason, not even adults. Rifles and shotguns are much better as beginner weapons because they don't do this by design. When that happens the weapon is usually still gripped in a firing position and can lead to accidental shooting at any age, children are especially prone to it because of their smaller and weaker arms. I don't even recommend that an adult start firing handguns with a semi-automatic weapon. It's much better and safer to use a weapon that must be cocked to fire each round until a shooter is used to firing that type of weapon. Then move up to semi-automatic weapons that cock themselves once a level of handgun proficiency is obtained.

Pay attention to what's being discussed or don't bother responding. It's pretty obvious you either didn't comprehend my post, or didn't bother reading what I posted beyond that one line.

None of your post has anything to do with the topic of discussion at all.

This isn't a discussion thread.  This is a funny pic thread and pics of kids shooting themselves are not funny.

I took the liberty of creating you a new thread where you can assert all your Darwin Award claims:

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/67181-trolling-for-darwin-awards/#.VQB8-kLT55g

Have fun

Now let's get back on topic:

Funny-memes-1.jpg

• Like 2

Guest Furball

fails-011-03092015.jpg

I am forever typing "shit" instead of "shot" "shirt" or "shut" into 911 calls. 

How many 911 calls do you make?

Guest Furball

Even then. It's pretty much impossible to shoot yourself that way. A weapon in a spin around your finger would be on the inner part of the trigger guard, not on the trigger itself. That's why twirling a weapon that way is relatively safe to do. Your finger would not actually touch the trigger when a handgun is doing that. The physics of spinning a weapon in either direction and the design of a firearm prevent that from happening. In a spin, your finger is automatically on the outer part of the guard and away from the trigger. The heavier part of the weapon moves towards the outer part of the spin where the force is greatest, which automatically moves the trigger away from the finger.

It's like if you spin a set of keys on your finger in a key ring. The keys are the heaviest part and will move to the point furthest from your finger. Just like the portion of the firearm with the trigger attached.

A hair trigger weapon is more dangerous than a weapon with a sturdy trigger, but not like you're suggesting. Dropping the weapon or pointing it carelessly might cause a shooting accident, but simply twirling it around won't set it off. I don't recommend twirling any weapon that is cocked or doesn't have the safety turned on, hair trigger and automatic or not. Only because you might lose control of it, not because it might go off while you're twirling it around. Put simply, the biggest danger when twirling a weapon that is unsecured is losing control of the weapon, not shooting yourself while it's twirling.

ijWYZNdbrqhJe.gif

Holy Shit!