Goodbye Jesus

Call Me...double A7 Not 007. (No Nice Athiests Allowed!)

1AcceptingAThiest1

you know how much money i could make for the amount of time i keep saying this?

I cannot prove God to You. I cannot give you the evidence you want. No one has done it for thousands of years, so what makes you think i can? Im donating to this site so that it can stay afloat, you all seen the messages it has everywhere. I love this site, i love the people. I enjoy being here i like to hear the other side. I used to not be a christian myself so i relate in some ways and in some ways i dont. Not all christians are the same not all athiests are the same. I used to be an athiest and i know...This is the part where you chime in...YOU WERE NOT AN ATHIESTTT.. as you get wasted and drunk at the no true scostman Fallacy party.

Roz im at work i wish i could watch that video, I watch AE all the time actually and plan to call in soon smile.png i wonder if they give me a copy if i make it on the show or if there a way to record it and put it on here

I will not stoop so low as to imply that you were not truly an atheist. I don't know you at all. I have noticed that Christians in general love to wave around the Former AtheistTM card as if this is some sort of credential, but I'm am more than willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. I will only ask that you indulge me by answering the following question: when, how and why did you convert to Christianity?

Ok back to logical Absolutes

an error can be in existence even if a mind has not accessed the situation, or evaluated it or examined it. The error itself will still physically be there even if you do not know about it, an error is a term we use to detect logical error(loose definition) but even without the description we use to determine an error, its just a description not a reality of what actuality IS. just because we haven't put a description TO a term does not erase the reality.

No, that's bullshit. An error does not exist independently. An error is not a physical object. An error is a mental concept or thought about something.

i apprecate the geuine questions here, i will answer on my next break, arent you glad im still here two days in a row is that a ex christian.net Record for new comers? Dont i get some kind of prize or something?

I have noticed that Christians in general love to wave around the Former AtheistTM card as if this is some sort of credential, but I'm am more than willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. I will only ask that you indulge me by answering the following question: when, how and why did you convert to Christianity?

Christians lie about being former atheists all the time because they think it gives them street cred.  Back in the 80's any loser could become famous in the christian circuit by claiming to be a former witch, warlock (whatever the fuck that is), high priest of satan, or prostitute/pimp for the devil.  It didn't matter that they were breaking one of the 10 commandments, the sensationalized stories would cause a revival every time the lies were told.  The spirit was moving and it was all based on lies... standard m.o.. 

im willing to shared my story if people arent holding a readied Bow of condescendscion and trying to slash me with the sword of bullsh*T. Then sure i think people are more willing to open up if they arent going to be subject to judgement. But im willing to take this chance you all have been nice enough, even though my Title says No nice atheists allowed and thats all i got. Do you guys know how to follow rules or what? lol So i will tell u my story and answer your previous points Dissillusied about Logical absolutes

again i used to be atheist so i know christians lie about it, to try to gain popularity or try to win favor of atheist, its a sad. Although i am not in tht category. I do what i do, i am what i am, i am who what i actually am, not who i want to be. i dont live off the basis of other peoples opinions, and i dont accept less than my worth. 99% athiests see right through BS anyway so many christians attempts to hide or decieve is easily detectable and they are oblivious to this but i am not

You do realize that you're eventually going to have to explain how your god came into existence from NOT something, don't you?

Obviously, but not something is not nothing. Logic, motherfucker!!! Do you speak it???

Logic is not nothing, but then nothing would lead one to think that. Something logical, that is not not logical, can or cannot be possible within the singularity. Furthermore, this universe, possibly another universe or not, may or may not be logical in the same sense that not logical is logical. Sometimes not. See the logic? For example, if you existed in this or another universe before the singularity, would that not be evidence of an existence or non existence? Therefore, nothing from nothing leaves nothing, therefore God. At least according to my logic, but I could be not wrong or even wrong.

Silly athiests.

"You gotta have somethin' if you wanna be with me..."

my break is in about 5hrs i will have time to write the story see yall then  i leave you with words of wisdom...

The first step to being unhappy in life is trying to please everybody else.
 Remember, there will always be something about you that's not right, to a person who's not right for you. Your flaws are perfect for the heart that's meant to love you. Find someone who accepts you for you. Stay beautiful and keep practicing that smile. 

im willing to shared my story if people arent holding a readied Bow of condescendscion and trying to slash me with the sword of bullsh*T. Then sure i think people are more willing to open up if they arent going to be subject to judgement.

Come on guy.  You have have had a bad attitude this whole time.  You come here saying you want to be rational and then you play these games.  You say you want to learn and then you demonstrate that you don't.  What are we suppose to think of you?

sry u feel that way but not true. I use poor humor and you took it as insults are bad atitude. Not my intention. So you willing to not judge or what? maybe i can just PM certain people my story if you there going to be an issue.

Reiterating my question:

Why did you become a christian?  What compelled you to choose christianity?

Tell your story of your conversion to christianity.  I cannot speak for the others but this is the Den and christians are allowed to voice their thoughts here.

I don't care if you preach, I will not fire at you but I will reserve the right to give my opinions about the process you took.  

If we say “Currently Unknown” and suspend our belief until Knowledge or evidence presents itself does that mean at some point supernatural entities will be known and detectable by science? this cant be “Currently Unknown” but “Never known” because science observes and experiments upon the natural but God is outside of the realm of science, unless it plans on changing its definition that nothing cannot bring itself into being, until it comes to Be, it does not exist, if it doesn’t exist yet then how can it cause anything.

Please refrain from talking about God because you keep telling us  you are not talking about God.

Roz thats fine to question the validtiy of my story and shrar your thoughts, I appreciate you asking actually you and disillusioned. i just dont like the ones that look down upon me, i dont care either way. I dont live life to please and win favors, thats what brainwashed people do who find their worth in a world thats quick to judge. The only time you should look down on someone is if you are trying to help them up. I can see genuine questions to help verses questions meant to poison

This thread is absolutely illogical. :-)

• Like 1

"I just want to talk" is the xian equivalent of "I'll just stick the head in".

• Like 3

question isnt it true the Atheist is the default positions so wouldnt everyone be correct fi they said they used to be an athiest?

Technically true because all babies are atheists.

how does this site know if im reading this topic? do i just have to have it up, its just minimized while im at work. technically im not always reading lol

Hm. It looks to me as if you have some fixed ideas on what we think, what atheists think and so on. And every post you make you somehow are looking for evidence to confirm your ideas but we don't go there and you seem to change subject instead of considering what people here are saying.

If we say “Currently Unknown” and suspend our belief until Knowledge or evidence presents itself does that mean at some point supernatural entities will be known and detectable by science? this cant be “Currently Unknown” but “Never known” because science observes and experiments upon the natural but God is outside of the realm of science, unless it plans on changing its definition that nothing cannot bring itself into being, until it comes to Be, it does not exist, if it doesn’t exist yet then how can it cause anything. Logically something had to already exist without a cause, In order to start causing stuff, Scientists have already proved the universe had a beginning therefore it had a cause, nothing can give itself what it does not have, in order for the universe to change it would have had to give itself its future state before it changed. An acorn has potential to be a tree, but it is not yet a tree, it cannot be a tree or give itself something now, that it would come to have later. So you see the result of change cannot actually exist before the change, it can only change with the potential to change, it needs to be acted upon for that potential to be made actual. Something cannot actualize its own potential to exist, as this would require that it exist before it existed, which is self-contradictory. The universe consists of matter, space and time, there must be somrthing that exists outide of the characteristics in order to create those things, If there is nothing outside the natural universe then does this mean there is nothing that can cause the universe to change?

Now back to the supernatural discussion and how evidence works.

You have an event that you explain with the supernatural. Lets say you saw some UFO's in the nightly sky. So what do you do. Someone believing in the existence of UFO's and aliens and convinced they exist would try to take some picture and write a story, put it on the internet and run around telling his friends about it. Now what would someone do who does not believe in the existence of aliens and UFO's? He would observe the appearance carefully. Then he would do some research if something like this had happened before. He would see if there are any traces left. So at some point he might find there had been a party close by and people where experimenting with light and sound and created some illusion of UFO's and aliens. He now knows, it has not been aliens at all. Evidence has proven the appearance as something explainable.

Science is not going to make supernatural entities known. It is going to unmask supernatural experiences and tell us what they actually have been. And so far it has done a pretty good job with that. Now if there truly is something supernatural there will be no science to proof that. But how do you distinguish something supernatural from delusion? Have you ever experienced something you would call supernatural that you can not also see as delusion? Like for example an amputated leg growing back? Or have you seen someone who had been dead for three days outside of a hospital already laying in a coffin, cold, pale, stiff, come back to life and now living among your crowd again?

Why should anyone believe in supernatural entities if there is no real distinction to delusion?

What entities should we believe in? There is Christian God but if he can't be proven, how do you know he is the one and only?

People are not asking you to prove God because they think you could do so. They ask you to because they know you can't and that is exactly the point...

Science knows the universe has a beginning? Where did you get that idea?

We don't know what caused the big bang if it had been. And there is no evidence that there is a divine creator who created the universe etc. So what caused it all? We don't know. God? We don't know. Who created God? If he is, where did he come from? When in his eternal existence did he decide he was bored and create a universe and all? Where did he take matter and mass from?

I am perfectly comfortable with not knowing. It actually opens up a whole new world of wonder. Because it all is quite amazing and there is no God needed to see that. If there is a God, he probably is fine with us living our lives the best we know without the need of constantly pray and sing and think about him and all. And if there is a God he probably is pretty amazed about all those people running around trying to find him and bring others to find him, explaining things that can't be explained etc.

When I was still a Christian I thought God probably let the idea of evolution happen because he didn't really care what people thought about how the world came into existence. He let it happen so people could proof they understood his message instead of having endless discussion about how evolution was not real and all. What would you think why a God would let people go so far to find evidence that there must have been something like a big bang and evolution? Why would a God create a world that had all the hints and hues that point to evolution instead to him as a creator? Did he want to willfully delude us? Did he want to make it soooo hard for anyone to get to heaven because the seats in heaven where limited and therefore not everyone could be made to enter?

• Like 2

Roz thats fine to question the validtiy of my story and shrar your thoughts, I appreciate you asking actually you and disillusioned. i just dont like the ones that look down upon me, i dont care either way. I dont live life to please and win favors, thats what brainwashed people do who find their worth in a world thats quick to judge. The only time you should look down on someone is if you are trying to help them up. I can see genuine questions to help verses questions meant to poison

Brainwashed Christians will go to incredible lengths to defend their nonexistent deity.

I reject your guilt trip.

sry u feel that way but not true. I use poor humor and you took it as insults are bad atitude. Not my intention. So you willing to not judge or what? maybe i can just PM certain people my story if you there going to be an issue.

I don't take it as insults.  Clearly you are in no position to teach any of this.  You should be asking questions in order to learn.  Your understanding of science leaves a lot to be desired.  Instead of telling us the ramifications of the Big Bang you should be asking us about it because you don't understand the fundamentals.

Same problems with logic and rational discourse.  If you really wanted to be rational then you would admit that your religion is an unfounded and unlikely proposition.  That doesn't mean you have to give up your faith but be honest about it and recognize that it is way out there with no support of any kind.

• Like 2

What is this thread about again?

Ladies, you know that one guy who comes up to you saying he "just wants a conversation?"  

Don't worry about us ladies Roz, I'm pretty sure Double A's is after you!

• Like 2

Noooooooo! 

• Like 1