Goodbye Jesus

Can Someone Tell Me.......?

Guest jeanine

Guest jeanine

where does the bible account for primitive humans such as neanderthals? i've known christians who claim dinosaur bones were put on earth by god or the devil. :lmao: is this the same excuse for cave paintings and stone tools? i've just started reading the bible because i really don't know much about it and as an atheist, would like to be somewhat knowledgable in this myth.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• SkepticOfBible

• Fweethawt

• Lycorth

Oh, those didn't actually exist. Scientists are just making most of it up and satan did the rest.

You know, that is an interesting question.

From the top of my head these are the different reactions I think exists out there,

The Christians response: (in order from total ignorance to realistic view)

1. Ignore facts and findings. Put fingers in your ears, and sing "la-la-la"

2. Claim that God put them there, the bones were never any real creatures, they're there to make a fool out of scientists.

3. Claim the Devil put them there to fool the scientists and confuse humans to not to believe

4. The were a rare species of monkeys that looked like humans

5. They were disformed humans that looked like monkeys

6. They were freaks born from some weird and sick acts of bestiality before the flood, between humans and monkeys (monkans? or humeys?)

7. (Old Earth Christians, Gap Theory) They are the creatures God created first on earth, before Satans fall that destroys earth and made the planet void of life.

8. (Liberal and open minded Christians) They're result of evolution, God used evolution to create humans.

*edit*

The question is, like you said, where is it explained in the Bible?... No where... St John couldn't even see it in his prophetic visions either, that one day people would be confused by this. I think God forgot that he put the bones there... Just like Dogs. You see... God...Dog...God...Dog... plenty of similarities.

Guest jeanine

Hi! Thanks for your replies. You guys tickle me silly. I was wondering if there was a unified xtian defense for this.

7. (Old Earth Christians, Gap Theory) They are the creatures God created first on earth, before Satans fall that destroys earth and made the planet void of life.

wow..that's a new one to me!

4. The were a rare species of monkeys that looked like humans

5. They were disformed humans that looked like monkeys

er..so they discount cave paintings, specially crafted tools, etc. often found WITH these bones?

Very artistic monkeys. :HaHa:

Isn't it obvious? Stone tools are the work of Satan! Think of it, brothers and sisters: They represent the spiritual tools the devil uses to lead us away from faith! What an ironic twist that the devil should use his spiritual tools of deception and forgery to craft very real tools to chip away at the faith of men! There are no stone tools in the Holah Scripchahs, so they can only have one origin:

Stone tools = the tools of Satan!

Guest jeanine

Stone tools = the tools of Satan!

:lmao:

lol...dying on that one...ok....i get it..there really is no attempted "logical" explanation for this. :Doh: you guys are so smart and funny :)

You know, that is an interesting question.

I used to believe this.

When the kids and I went to my mom's church last summer they told the kids that the pre-historic humans they found are really big foot. I am not making that up.

God gave us brains and a curious nature for a reason. Explore the world and the universe, science is not a bad thing. But give credit to the greatest scientist of all: God.

And what does that answer mean?

He created the skulls in the ground or he created the neathertals?

And what does that answer mean?

He created the skulls in the ground or he created the neathertals?

It means science can feel free to theorise (and it should) but nothing can be proven because history is not a process that can be repeated in a laboratory.

What does science say about it?

Science says the Earth is very old, and the neatherthals were a species in the same tree as great apes and homo sapiens.

So what is the Bibles account for neatherthals?

Science says the Earth is very old, and the neatherthals were a species in the same tree as great apes and homo sapiens.

The Bible doesn't mention them.

But give credit to the greatest scientist of all: God.
You wouldn't happen to be talking about the same god that is portrayed in the bible, would you?

If so, would you please be so kind as to tell us what his Holy Inspired Word™ has to tell us about what say... umm.... stars or clouds are?

C'mon, tell us what The Greatest Scientist of All™ has to say about that, would ya? Please?

The Bible doesn't mention them.

but it mentions unicorns and talking donkeys.

but it mentions unicorns and talking donkeys.
And satyrs!!! :vent:

Everyone always forgets the satyrs!!! :vent:

:twitch:

:grin:

except once a week, on Satyrday

except once a week, on Satyrday

Oh no you didn't. :mellow:

Don't forget the time God stopped the rotation of the Earth to give Joshua more time to fight. According to calculation the braking of the crusts should have produced enough energy to rise the surface temperature by a mean 100F, up to 240F for lower lying places. How come nobody on earth noticed the lakes boiling? Plus it would probably have killed most of the vegeation on earth by cooking their roots to a crisp. *Looks around* Well I guess it must be either false or unexplainable. Does god have a magic heat sink he put on the earth? Oh wait, god is supposed to be able to do anything, but that still doesn't explain anything though. :shrug:

If the Earth suddenly stopped, dead in it's tracks, rather than slowing down to a stop, couldn't everything on the surface be thrown easterly? wouldn't the wind be deadly?

It depends where you are, at the poles you would barely notice the difference. But at lower latitudes, especially the equator, depending on how fast the Earth stops (the faster, the greater the momentum will feel) everything would be subjected from a few g's to a few thousands. That would send them flying east at up to mach 1.5 (Earth's rotation speed at the equator), with winds to make a hurricane look like a soft breeze. The oceans would come in a tsunami greater than anything seen on earth since the Great Bombardment a few billions years ago when the Earth formed, and maybe overflow every single piece of dry land.

If God wanted to end the world that would be a definite Fatality (Finish Him!). :HaHa:

hi jeanine,

a good site for you will be Talkorigin.org

Over there you'll find a hundreds of articles which debunk various creationist claims and faulty rationalisation.

Here is a good classification of various creationist

Kinds of creationism

Hope that helps

Pritish

PS:You may also check the site in my website which debunks the theology of christianity

Don't forget the time God stopped the rotation of the Earth to give Joshua more time to fight. According to calculation the braking of the crusts should have produced enough energy to rise the surface temperature by a mean 100F, up to 240F for lower lying places. How come nobody on earth noticed the lakes boiling? Plus it would probably have killed most of the vegeation on earth by cooking their roots to a crisp. *Looks around* Well I guess it must be either false or unexplainable. Does god have a magic heat sink he put on the earth? Oh wait, god is supposed to be able to do anything, but that still doesn't explain anything though. :shrug:

Yeah, the old stand by that god can do anthing. Well, almost anything. He can't whop up on chariots made of iron.

Guest jeanine
God gave us brains and a curious nature for a reason. Explore the world and the universe, science is not a bad thing. But give credit to the greatest scientist of all: God.

I think I already stated that I am an atheist. How arrogant to ignore that and instruct me to give credit to "God". I credit the belief of many in God to a lot of things, and none of it good. If God was the greatest scientist, why has religion been so opposed to science throughout history? By exploring the world and the universe, we have less and less need for God. Science is not only NOT a bad thing, it's the most wonderful, amazing, necessary thing. With science, we creep from the slimy darkness of religion and superstition into the bright light of truth. I was asking a valid question because I am reading Genesis. Your vague comment and lack of interest in the actual subject was not welcomed.

hi jeanine,

a good site for you will be Talkorigin.org

Over there you'll find a hundreds of articles which debunk various creationist claims and faulty rationalisation.

Here is a good classification of various creationist

Kinds of creationism

Hope that helps

Pritish

PS:You may also check the site in my website which debunks the theology of christianity

Hi there! I have been to talk origins. It's a great site, but a bit overwhelming. I get soooo sidetracked and then everything's all jumbled in my noggin. I will definately check out your site :)