Goodbye Jesus

Is The Call Real?

Guest Ask21771

I can attest to what bleedblue said above. It makes it easier to think about if you let it go for some time. Obsessiviness tends to make it feel more personal when it probably isnt. Seeing a picture of someone with a shrapnel shredded leg or imagining falling away from a great height also gives you feelings akin to what you think itd feel like when falling or extremely hurt. I am afraaid of heights lol and i get queasy even when i see images of a long drop. Seeing a dude fail a stunt makes me instantly feel pained wherever he got hurt.

What do I have to do to make the Christian God stop being so real

Accept that you need help. Therapy. Medication. Remove it from your life.

• Super Moderator

What do I have to do to make the Christian God stop being so real 

What do you think?

You have bipolar disorder and it can manifest like this. Go back and click on my links or at least send a pm to Brother Jeff; he has been exactly where you are. Manage the bipolar and you manage the religious fixation. You keep asking for advice, maybe it's time to take some of it.

Guest Ask21771

I tried some new Meds prescribed by my psychiatrist but so far it's only made everything more intense and me more hyper is that normal

I tried some new Meds prescribed by my psychiatrist but so far it's only made everything more intense and me more hyper is that normal

Give your psychiatrist accurate feedback.  It's not supernatural.  Medicine is a practice so it will take some trial an error to find the combo that is right for you.  I wish you the best of luck on your journey.  

Would meditation help

How would any of us know what would work for you?  I have had some success controlling my own depression and anxiety through meditation.  But it took a long time to learn how to do that.  Your experience may vary.

These feelings that God is real - can you deal with them by recognizing that it is a symptom?  How about simply realizing that it is only a feeling.  Enjoy the feeling but don't mistake it for reality.  Happy is a feeling but the rest of the world doesn't change when you feel happy.  Likewise feeling like God is real doesn't make God real.

If you can find a local, qualified instructor then learning to meditate can be useful as a purely physical exercise.  It can help you clear your mind.  But I would still turn to medicine to look for the solution to medical problems.

That's a tough one. I think this is something that you should bring up with your doctor at your next appointment. If you feel like you can't wait, maybe you could call them up and tell them that you've been having obsessive thoughts or whatever. Have you been in touch with Brother Jeff? If you can reach out to him in the meantime, it might help a bit. There are others here who have been in your shoes, so you're not alone in this. 

Remember that "the call" is nothing but manipulation, as others have said. It's what THEY want you to do. There's a reason why it's the age-old tactic of con artists and snake oil salesmen the world over. When you're in a bad place, and when you've got some degree of vulnerability, "the call" sounds very real, and that's what they want you to think. 

Contact your doctor and tell them about your symptoms.  Your meds might need adjusting.

Your current questions are best directed to your doctor.  We can't help with medical issues as we are not your doctor.

• Like 1

Guest Ask21771

I've been on these new Meds for 3 days I've noticed a few improvements but boy did I get a strong sense of "the call" today should I give the new Meds more time

Give them time. They are not expected to work in 3 days... never heard of that powerful meds. 2 weeks to a month is a reasonable estimate.

Guest Ask21771

Give them time. They are not expected to work in 3 days... never heard of that powerful meds. 2 weeks to a month is a reasonable estimate.

And if I still feel "the call" do I panic

No. Knowing how it works, it usually stops after a while... take a rest, contemplate your situation, yourself, the world or anything else for a while.

Guest Ask21771

No. Knowing how it works, it usually stops after a while... take a rest, contemplate your situation, yourself, the world or anything else for a while.

But if I keep obsessing over it it won't go away

Unfortunately, these things take time... be they anything from a disturbing event to mental illness. It takes time to process. Have you examined yourself, your thoughts, thought processes, wants and desires and values and hopes? Examining these is really a key step to coping with just about anything in life.

• Super Moderator

Your doctor is in a much better position to address your specific needs. Allow the meds time to work and expect some tweaking with dosages, etc. Patience, Grasshopper! Remember, we are not doctors here; we have only seen this before and recognize the problem. We can't fix it over the Internet.

i don't want to be Christian and the only reason I even bothered to research it was out of fear of going to hell, but the thing is lately I've started to feel like part of me is attracted to it, I know the Christians say that Jesus "calls" to you and tries to change your desires but frankly I'm not convinced, I still have problems with the Christian religion. It I'm worried that I am being called and if I ignore it (if I have the ability to do so) I'll go to hell

No call is worth the attention if you have to live in fear of being harmed for not heeding the call.
  • Like 1

• Super Moderator

I tried watching a Christian video today it still feels like what they're saying is real, is it my subconscious 

Really? Sure you're not just trolling here?

Guest Ask21771

I tried watching a Christian video today it still feels like what they're saying is real, is it my subconscious

No this is real I need to know what's going on with this why does it still feel real what should I do

No this is real I need to know what's going on with this why does it still feel real what should I do

Read the thread again.

Guest Ask21771

Read the thread again.

I know I'm bipolar I'm taking new medicines that seem to be working