Goodbye Jesus

Why Do Bad Things Happen To Good People?

Guest immoralchristian

Yes I have, well the bible and religion is very flawed. Look at it this way, say life has a message for his creation and the only way life can deliver that message is through a system that's deep in an anomaly, do you think that the message will turn out perfect?

Hi immoralchristian. It's nice to meet you. I do hope you stick around. You seem to have a different perspective on your religion from many of your fellow believers. I always enjoy a fresh view.

Since you evidently have significant differences from many Christians, I think it would be helpful if you could explain what you believe, and why you believe it. Start another thread if you need to. I'm not trying to attack here; just trying to get a handle on where you're coming from. So far all I can gather is that you believe in God, and that you believe people are good. I'm not sure what you mean by "God" or "good", but I'll let you start wherever you like. I am interested in what you believe though, especially since you claim to accept evolution. I'm curious as to how this incorporates into your understanding of Genesis, as well as other things.

I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Guest immoralchristian

Yes I have, well the bible and religion is very flawed. Look at it this way, say life has a message for his creation and the only way life can deliver that message is through a system that's deep in an anomaly, do you think that the message will turn out perfect?

Hi immoralchristian. It's nice to meet you. I do hope you stick around. You seem to have a different perspective on your religion from many of your fellow believers. I always enjoy a fresh view.

Since you evidently have significant differences from many Christians, I think it would be helpful if you could explain what you believe, and why you believe it. Start another thread if you need to. I'm not trying to attack here; just trying to get a handle on where you're coming from. So far all I can gather is that you believe in God, and that you believe people are good. I'm not sure what you mean by "God" or "good", but I'll let you start wherever you like. I am interested in what you believe though, especially since you claim to accept evolution. I'm curious as to how this incorporates into your understanding of Genesis, as well as other things.

Where would you like me to start.

• Super Moderator

Why do bad things happen to good people?

Ooh! Ooh! I know this one! It's because we live in a random universe. As a Christian might say, the rain falls on both the just and the unjust; great way to take credit, as if your religion invented it, for the natural order of the randomness we always have and always will live with.

Guest immoralchristian

Ooh! Ooh! I know this one! It's because we live in a random universe. As a Christian might say, the rain falls on both the just and the unjust; great way to take credit, as if your religion invented it, for the natural order of the randomness we always have and always will live with.

No florduh religion didn't invent it life did, and I'll fuck off anything useful religion has taught me the day I die.

No florduh religion didn't invent it life did, and I'll fuck off anything useful religion has taught me the day I die.

You seem more like and ex-Christian than a Christian.  So what is your story?  

I was hoping to leave that up to you, but if really want a suggestion from me, then I would like to know what precisely you mean by "God" and by "good".

Guest immoralchristian

No story, I just like helping people.

Guest immoralchristian

I was hoping to leave that up to you, but if really want a suggestion from me, then I would like to know what precisely you mean by "God" and by "good".

Whenever I say God I mean life and whenever I say good I mean bioelectrical anomaly.

God is life to me because it's very simple to grasp

Good is just an anomaly of the human thinking process and as I see it a sickness.

What are your thoughts about Jesus Christ?  Perhaps you are not a Christian.

Guest immoralchristian

What are your thoughts about Jesus Christ?  Perhaps you are not a Christian.

To me Jesus christ is just lifes process to show us how to fix the anomaly of want. If Jesus did fuck up at the garden then life would have sent another Christ. (So you kinda save yourself but life shows you how)

To me Jesus christ is just lifes process to show us how to fix the anomaly of want. If Jesus did fuck up at the garden then life would have sent another Christ. (So you kinda save yourself but life shows you how)

Stick around.  I think you are going to fit in just fine.

Whenever I say God I mean life and whenever I say good I mean bioelectrical anomaly.

Good is just an anomaly of the human thinking process and as I see it a sickness.

Ok, so "God" to you means "life". Fine. I also believe in life. But why do you call life "God?" Do you feel that it is worthy of worship? Do you feel that it is the creator? Is it omnipotent? I'm just curious here.

You say that "good" is an anomaly of our thought process. My contention is that "Good" is a uniquely human construct. It is a concept that we have created. Morality, in my view, is similar to language. We've invented it. It's real, and it's useful, but if we hadn't made it, it wouldn't exist. It only has meaning because we give it meaning. Is this similar to your view?

Guest immoralchristian

Ok, so "God" to you means "life". Fine. I also believe in life. But why do you call life "God?" Do you feel that it is worthy of worship? Do you feel that it is the creator? Is it omnipotent? I'm just curious here.

You say that "good" is an anomaly of our thought process. My contention is that "Good" is a uniquely human construct. It is a concept that we have created. Morality, in my view, is similar to language. We've invented it. It's real, and it's useful, but if we hadn't made it, it wouldn't exist. It only has meaning because we give it meaning. Is this similar to your view?

Yeah we made it, but it's having serious consquenses on the orignal system that life created for us. As for worshiping God (Life) Just having a relationship with things life created is enough for God (Edit: Him)

Yeah we made it, but it's having serious consquenses on the orignal system that life created for us. As for worshiping God (Life) Just having a relationship with things life created is enough for God (Edit: Him)

So you view life as the creator. Great. But it seems quite clear from science that there was a time when life did not exist, at least on this planet. What created life, in your view?

Guest immoralchristian

So you view life as the creator. Great. But it seems quite clear from science that there was a time when life did not exist, at least on this planet. What created life, in your view?

I think I have a super answer to your question, have you ever thought why people call our universe reality? Do you think it's possible that this universe is not life but a system for training lifes users to gain life.

I think I have a super answer to your question, have you ever thought why people call our universe reality? Do you think it's possible that this universe is not life but a system for training lifes users to gain life.

I'm not sure I know what that means.

I don't think that this universe is "life". I think that life exists within the universe.

It's possible that the universe has a purpose, but if it has a purpose then it seems to me that it was given a purpose. Are you suggesting that "life" exists beyond the universe, and lends meaning and purpose to the universe? In that case, it seems that you mean something different than I do when you say "life".

Can you please be more specific about what you mean by "life"?

Guest immoralchristian

I don't think that this universe is "life". I think that life exists within the universe.

It's possible that the universe has a purpose, but if it has a purpose then it seems to me that it was given a purpose. Are you suggesting that "life" exists beyond the universe, and lends meaning and purpose to the universe? In that case, it seems that you mean something different than I do when you say "life".

It's like we are almost in sync, "Your thoughts to my thoughts." Yes I think life exists in the universe, like it's installed into every user in reality to help it along. As for what I mean by life, I am not sure. I think it's the full relationship we all desire at the end of the journey.

Guest immoralchristian

Why do bad things happen?  Simple, there are a few reasons:  

1) You are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

2) You make bad decisions that have a natural and mathematical result in an event that is not good for you personally (excessive smoking, drinking, unhealthy lifestyle decisions, excessive risk taking, etc).

3) Your genetics don't help you, say certain types of cancer, type 1 diabetes, etc.  

The rest is just bullshit farting into the wind. 

I never had the opportunity to be my cousins boy friend, to me that was a real bad thing. Was it?

It's like we are almost in sync, "Your thoughts to my thoughts." Yes I think life exists in the universe, like it's installed into every user in reality to help it along. As for what I mean by life, I am not sure. I think it's the full relationship we all desire at the end of the journey.

The bolded to me is very pertinent. We are almost speaking the same language. Yet, I'm still very confused about what exactly you do and do not believe. I can spell out for you, quite precisely, what I believe. I'm not sure that you can say the same. I'm hoping that you will prove me wrong. Again, I'd like to ask you, what is it that you contend is true?

Maybe I should put it a different way. You claim to be a Christian. What is it that "Christian" means to you? Please be as specific as you can.

Hello IC;

If life = God than death = x. What is X?

Guest immoralchristian

The bolded to me is very pertinent. We are almost speaking the same language. Yet, I'm still very confused about what exactly you do and do not believe. I can spell out for you, quite precisely, what I believe. I'm not sure that you can say the same. I'm hoping that you will prove me wrong. Again, I'd like to ask you, what is it that you contend is true?

Maybe I should put it a different way. You claim to be a Christian. What is it that "Christian" means to you? Please be as specific as you can.

I just believe being a Christian is to have learning relationships with everyone and everything, that's all. So in my view Christopher Hitchens was a christian because he loved to learn about everyone and everything.

Guest immoralchristian

Hello IC;

If life = God than death = x. What is X?

Is that some kind of math formula/question, I don't have a understanding of complex math questions, you'll have to explain it to me as you would a child.

• Super Moderator
I just believe being a Christian is to have learning relationships with everyone and everything, that's all.

Believe what you want, but words have meaning. A "Christian" is a believer/follower of Jesus. All we know about the Jesus character is what wound up in the Christian Bible (New Testament, in particular).

I just believe being a Christian is to have learning relationships with everyone and everything, that's all. So in my view, Christopher Hitchens was a christian because he loved to learn about everyone and everything.

I'm sorry, but the above just literally made me laugh out loud.

I'm seriously not trying to be a jerk here, but it seems to me that your view of Christianity is so far from what anybody else thinks "Christianity" means that you would do well to pick a different label. This is a difficult step to take, to be sure; but it is an extremely important step. Believe me. I used to be there myself. The single most transcendent moment of my life came when I realized that what I believed no longer, in any way, resembled Christianity. In the next moment, I realized that the only reason I was clinging to the label "Christian" was because I has always identified as such. It was a very small step from there to realizing that I wasn't really a Christian anymore.

It seems like you are almost there, my friend.

• Like 1

Guest immoralchristian

I just believe being a Christian is to have learning relationships with everyone and everything, that's all. So in my view, Christopher Hitchens was a christian because he loved to learn about everyone and everything.

I'm sorry, but the above just literally made me laugh out loud.

I'm seriously not trying to be a jerk here, but it seems to me that your view of Christianity is so far from what anybody else thinks "Christianity" means that you would do well to pick a different label. This is a difficult step to take, to be sure; but it is an extremely important step. Believe me. I used to be there myself. The single most transcendent moment of my life came when I realized that what I believed no longer, in any way, resembled Christianity. In the next moment, I realized that the only reason I was clinging to the label "Christian" was because I has always identified as such. It was a very small step from there to realizing that I wasn't really a Christian anymore.

It seems like you are almost there, my friend.

I might throw out the label, once I find a better sticky note to label life with. For now I continue to use it until the label wears out.