Goodbye Jesus

Why Do Bad Things Happen To Good People?

Guest immoralchristian

So why was Genesis 2:17 a lie?  Even in the story the people didn't die the day they ate the magic fruit.

mymistake I only have some answers but not all, I still have to keep learning. As for your question, people do die from believing they are good or evil. This is because when you believe in something good or evil you push your bioelectrical emotional faculties to either there positive or negative extreme then they eventually die.

Please provide the relevant empirical evidence for this claim.  You know what that would be...case studies, any scientific hypothesis involving "bioelectrical emotional faculties" (your words, not mine), e.g., testing procedures, null hypotheses, etc.

Yes, some have "answers but not all [answers]".

So far, all you have presented are mere assertions.  You have yet to provide an "answer", and that's because you have not presented a question.

I have no evidence for anyone, and I never will and neither do you.

I can provide evidence that "bad" things happen to virtually all, certainly to a larger group than just "good" people.

As to the rest of it, you're the one making the mere assertions.  You have the burden of proof to support your claims.

Since you admit you have "no evidence" (again, your words, not mine), standard rational discourse rules now require you to withdraw your unsupported claims.

Ok I can't play in a game of entrapment, so this is what I'll say. Nothing I say is a truth claim, truth to me is just principles and theories. For me to demonstrate 100% truth of anything is madness, so I wont try it ever.

What a great defense mechanism!  You don't do rational thinking because it is entrapment.  You don't make truth claims, except when you do.  You have no responsibility to the conversation.  No rules, just make it up as you go along.  You can say anything you want, change the subject, define words in a unique/divergent way, make of stuff on the fly and still get the attention you crave.

Bravo!

Tell us the part again where "God" equals "life" but you don't know what life is.  That was funny.

I just believe being a Christian is to have learning relationships with everyone and everything, that's all. So in my view, Christopher Hitchens was a christian because he loved to learn about everyone and everything.

I'm sorry, but the above just literally made me laugh out loud.

I'm seriously not trying to be a jerk here, but it seems to me that your view of Christianity is so far from what anybody else thinks "Christianity" means that you would do well to pick a different label. This is a difficult step to take, to be sure; but it is an extremely important step. Believe me. I used to be there myself. The single most transcendent moment of my life came when I realized that what I believed no longer, in any way, resembled Christianity. In the next moment, I realized that the only reason I was clinging to the label "Christian" was because I has always identified as such. It was a very small step from there to realizing that I wasn't really a Christian anymore.

It seems like you are almost there, my friend.

I might throw out the label, once I find a better sticky note to label life with. For now I continue to use it until the label wears out.

Fair enough, but that still leaves me wondering what precisely it is that you believe.

If I'm wondering, I can't help but think that you might be wondering as well. If that's the case, then you've come to the right place. But again, I'd really appreciate it if you could spell out for me what exactly you believe.

Guest immoralchristian

So why was Genesis 2:17 a lie? Even in the story the people didn't die the day they ate the magic fruit.

mymistake I only have some answers but not all, I still have to keep learning. As for your question, people do die from believing they are good or evil. This is because when you believe in something good or evil you push your bioelectrical emotional faculties to either there positive or negative extreme then they eventually die.

Please provide the relevant empirical evidence for this claim. You know what that would be...case studies, any scientific hypothesis involving "bioelectrical emotional faculties" (your words, not mine), e.g., testing procedures, null hypotheses, etc.

So far, all you have presented are mere assertions. You have yet to provide an "answer", and that's because you have not presented a question.

I can provide evidence that "bad" things happen to virtually all, certainly to a larger group than just "good" people.

As to the rest of it, you're the one making the mere assertions. You have the burden of proof to support your claims.

Since you admit you have "no evidence" (again, your words, not mine), standard rational discourse rules now require you to withdraw your unsupported claims.

Ok I can't play in a game of entrapment, so this is what I'll say. Nothing I say is a truth claim, truth to me is just principles and theories. For me to demonstrate 100% truth of anything is madness, so I wont try it ever.

What a great defense mechanism! You don't do rational thinking because it is entrapment. You don't make truth claims, except when you do. You have no responsibility to the conversation. No rules, just make it up as you go along. You can say anything you want, change the subject, define words in a unique/divergent way, make of stuff on the fly and still get the attention you crave.

Bravo!

Tell us the part again where "God" equals "life" but you don't know what life is. That was funny.

I hear what you're saying but 'm not going to attack you for saying it. In a way I feel you made a fair assessment of what you see in me so far. I have to agree that you see me that way but only because I see myself that way to, and that keeps me safe I think.

So why was Genesis 2:17 a lie? Even in the story the people didn't die the day they ate the magic fruit.

Please provide the relevant empirical evidence for this claim. You know what that would be...case studies, any scientific hypothesis involving "bioelectrical emotional faculties" (your words, not mine), e.g., testing procedures, null hypotheses, etc.

So far, all you have presented are mere assertions. You have yet to provide an "answer", and that's because you have not presented a question.

As to the rest of it, you're the one making the mere assertions. You have the burden of proof to support your claims.

What a great defense mechanism! You don't do rational thinking because it is entrapment. You don't make truth claims, except when you do. You have no responsibility to the conversation. No rules, just make it up as you go along. You can say anything you want, change the subject, define words in a unique/divergent way, make of stuff on the fly and still get the attention you crave.

Bravo!

Tell us the part again where "God" equals "life" but you don't know what life is. That was funny.

I hear what you're saying but 'm not going to attack you for saying it. In a way I feel you made a fair assessment of what you see in me so far. I have to agree that you see me that way but only because I see myself that way to, and that keeps me safe I think.

Fair enough.

Carry on.  Your have entertainment value.

Guest immoralchristian

I just believe being a Christian is to have learning relationships with everyone and everything, that's all. So in my view, Christopher Hitchens was a christian because he loved to learn about everyone and everything.

I'm sorry, but the above just literally made me laugh out loud.

I'm seriously not trying to be a jerk here, but it seems to me that your view of Christianity is so far from what anybody else thinks "Christianity" means that you would do well to pick a different label. This is a difficult step to take, to be sure; but it is an extremely important step. Believe me. I used to be there myself. The single most transcendent moment of my life came when I realized that what I believed no longer, in any way, resembled Christianity. In the next moment, I realized that the only reason I was clinging to the label "Christian" was because I has always identified as such. It was a very small step from there to realizing that I wasn't really a Christian anymore.

It seems like you are almost there, my friend.

I might throw out the label, once I find a better sticky note to label life with. For now I continue to use it until the label wears out.

Fair enough, but that still leaves me wondering what precisely it is that you believe.

If I'm wondering, I can't help but think that you might be wondering as well. If that's the case, then you've come to the right place. But again, I'd really appreciate it if you could spell out for me what exactly you believe.

How will that help you, maybe you need to know to discover a motive behind my actions. I do have a motive, my whole life has been one big motive to understand why I'm here and to help other people do the same. If you like I can trash some Christian lingo I'm using. But I can't really undo everything I see now. It's hard in a world like ours, because everyone see's things different and at the same time expects everyone else to get on bord with them. I do see God, Jesus and the bible radically different that no Christian community accepts me. But that's ok, I just plod along with the hope that love is really there.

Guest immoralchristian

Bravo!

Fair enough.

Carry on. Your have entertainment value.

I feel like Mr smithers in his bear suit now.

How will that help you, maybe you need to know to discover a motive behind my actions. I do have a motive, my whole life has been one big motive to understand why I'm here and to help other people do the same. If you like I can trash some Christian lingo I'm using. But I can't really undo everything I see now. It's hard in a world like ours, because everyone see's things different and at the same time expects everyone else to get on bord with them. I do see God, Jesus and the bible radically different that no Christian community accepts me. But that's ok, I just plod along with the hope that love is really there.

Again, fair.

I'm hoping for intelligent discussion and rational discourse. That's all. And if we are to have such, then it seems that we should start from some sort of common understanding. Hence my request that you clarify what you believe. If you're not interested, then I'll move along. But it seemed like you might be. Maybe not.

• Super Moderator

If words don't mean the same thing to you as they do to the rest of the world, meaningful conversation will be difficult if not impossible.

A dictionary for one and a philosophy of one.

Guest immoralchristian

If words don't mean the same thing to you as they do to the rest of the world, meaningful conversation will be difficult if not impossible.

I hate the english laguage florduh, I can't seem to make it fit my emotions.

Guest immoralchristian

Again, fair.

I'm hoping for intelligent discussion and rational discourse. That's all. And if we are to have such, then it seems that we should start from some sort of common understanding. Hence my request that you clarify what you believe. If you're not interested, then I'll move along. But it seemed like you might be. Maybe not.

Why don't we start a priavte conversation so we can get to know each other and we can share what we know.

Why don't we start a priavte conversation so we can get to know each other and we can share what we know.

If that's what you want, fine. PM me if you like.

I think it would be helpful to others here as well, though, if you were to clearly state your views publicly. But it's your decision.

• Super Moderator

english-do-you-speak-it-demotivational-poster.jpg

Guest immoralchristian

If that's what you want, fine. PM me if you like.

I think it would be helpful to others here as well, though, if you were to clearly state your views publicly. But it's your decision.

Ok I'll talk to you soon.

Florduh I oughta demote you for that Meme