Goodbye Jesus

Trump Or Carson

Castiel233

The country will be safer once Muhammad Ali is gone.  I hear he floats like a butterfly but stings like a bee.  We can't have that around.

mwc

Trump is beyond a joke, implying that all Muslims are potential terrorists is a poor show, even for him. But he makes the right sounds that the racists and fascists love and delights them.....sad

Picture if a black front runner said , we have got to stop Christians coming into our country, period, until we can figure them out. We have got to create a data base for them, and monitor the churches....he would not get away with it.

• Super Moderator

Snippets from two stories from my local newspaper (Richmond, VA)

As imam of the Islamic Center of Virginia and on behalf of the entire Muslim community of greater Richmond and central Virginia, I condemn all terrorist activities and organizations and any persons affiliated with or supportive of such organizations.

Muslims are proud to be Americans and feel truly blessed to enjoy our freedoms and to participate in our democracy. We are your neighbors, co-workers, and fellow students. We are professionals, businessmen, teachers, government employees, and members of the military. Any attack on America or the West is an attack on us and our families, neighborhoods, and places of work. We defend the rights and freedoms of every American of every faith.

ISIS is a suicidal cult. It is their fantasy to start an apocalyptic war in the Middle East. Their warped and nonsensical interpretation of Islam has been condemned as heresy since the first century of Islam. Although they have Muslim names and use Muslim forms of worship, none of their beliefs and practices is related in any way to the beliefs and practices of mainstream Muslims.

Our God is love, peace, and mercy for all humanity. Murder, murder/suicide, torture, mutilation, and all forms of terrorism are sinful and wrong under all circumstances. Even during war between legitimate states (and ISIS is certainly not one) the targeting of civilians, churches, synagogues, temples, etc. is sinful and wrong.

< snipped >

http://www.richmond.com/opinion/their-opinion/guest-columnists/article_734353d1-2fdc-5353-9b4c-d83199687a75.html

A sign of support from Bon Air neighbors of the Islamic Center of Virginia drew praise from the center’s imam Wednesday.

When Ammar Amonette saw a yard sign in the distance as he approached the center on Buford Road, he prepared for the worst.

“Oh, no. Some hate thing,” Amonette recalled thinking to himself. “But it wasn’t. It was positive.”

The sign reads, “Muslims are not our enemy. Hate is the enemy. We love the people who worship here. Your Bon Air neighbors.”

< snipped >

http://www.richmond.com/life/faith-values/article_16acc6d2-c756-5ddc-a5fc-53ed95287b06.html

The man is beyond what is even funny. If our American cousins vote this lunatic in, they might as well tear down the statue of Liberty.

This appears to be "republican logic"

Nutter runs amok with a load of guns, nutter is a white "pitchfork" kinda American. Refuse to enact gun control, as guns don't kill people, people do. Wave flags and defend the second amendment, as we can't punish everyone for the acts of the deranged few

Muslims runs amok with a load of guns. Ban all Muslims.

While the lack of reflection is staggering, still what  can one expect from high ranking republicans, the party has long since been taken over by anti abortion, anti women, bible clowns  

• Like 2

It's never gonna happen.  I'd bet my house on it.

A vote for Trump in the primary is tantamount to a vote for madame president in the general election.

The Trumpeteers can never be a majority in America.  We have tons of bugnutty here. On both ends of the spectrum.  But we have a HUGE waistline.  

• Like 1

Islam, as taught in the Koran, instructs in MANY places to kill those who are not Muslim.

Okay.  Good so far.  Now, according to the very standard you are talking about here, you should also be afraid of all christians and jews. If you have any religion other than worshipping Yahweh, that would be considered "worshipping other gods", since atheism or agnosticism was (probably) non-existent during the bronze age people of palestine.

Exodus 22

20 “Whoever sacrifices to any god other than the Lord must be destroyed.[

Deuteronomy 13

If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people.

Deuteronomy 12

12 If you hear it said about one of the towns the Lord your God is giving you to live in 13 that troublemakers have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods you have not known), 14 then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you, 15 you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. You must destroy it completely,[b] both its people and its livestock.

That is OT, Jewish.  NT does not tell people to go and kill people.

I've already shown you how Jesus himself told them they have to follow the OT, but right here you acknowledge cherry picking from the xians, while refusing to acknowledge that the Muslims do it. Sounds to me like you're just scared.

If they want to kill me, my family, my friends and anybody else I might care about because I am not fucking Muslim.  Hell yes I would be scared but it is for good reason in my estimation.  However, if you want to know the New Testament where it starts, look at Hebrews Chapter 9.  I agree with what Putin did in Chechnya.

If you need actual good reasons to fear, you should fear getting out on the road with other drivers as they are mindbogglingly vastly more likely to kill you than a Muslim. In fact, if you fear getting killed by a Muslim, you better stay indoors because you're also more likely to get killed by a bolt of lightning than a Jihadist. 

And if you agree with what Putin did in Chechnya, then Muslims are right to fear you more than you are right to fear them. But let's not let reason get in our way. Let's just all wet ourselves in panic and buy more weapons with tax payer money.

I'm sure people said the same thing in Britain, France, and other European countries 10 years ago before it got out of hand, but look what you have now, NO GO zones and women being raped. I don't want a repeat of what is going on in Europe over here. I don't buy your logic.

As an English man, living in England, the number of no go zones I have accounted is zero. The number of times I have been attacked, verbally or physically by a Muslim  is zero . None of my friends, family or co-workers have suffered any harassment or crime at the hands of the Muslims. My Muslim co-workers are generally quiet and well mannered. The same cannot be said of some of my fellow white English men, who are racist scum bags, filled with hate.  

• Like 3

post-389-0-53802200-1449758709_thumb.png

Right now, Trump is leading in the strong republican (red portion).  That's it.  

The rest of the electorate has yet to speak. And they are not impressed by Trump.  In fact, horrified might be a better adjective. As for me, I'm just embarrassed.  I'm embarrassed that he's not embarrassed. 

I still don't believe he really wants to be president.  He just has a fetish for stirring shit.  I think it gives him a semi.

A couple years ago he was leading the charge that Obama was a muslim.  And not even an american.

Trump sucks.

• Like 2

I'm basically still a lurker round these parts, but have been voraciously reading these forums... Wanted to share what I heard in the office today (of course, a belief in God/the afterlife helps the humor...)

Donald Turmp, Ben Carson and Ted Cruz all die after lightning strikes their building during a debate. All three make it to heaven and find themselves before God sitting on his throne. God grants each one a question...

Ben Carson: "Is the Earth really 6,000 years old?

God: "No, its more like 4 billion years old"

Ted Cruz: "Was Obama really born in Kenya:"

God: "No, he was born in Hawaii"

Donald Trump: "What are you doing sitting in my chair?"

• Like 3

49.gifOoops, sorry for the Trump typo

attachicon.gifpolitical-ideology-bell-curve.png

Right now, Trump is leading in the strong republican (red portion).  That's it.  

The rest of the electorate has yet to speak. And they are not impressed by Trump.  In fact, horrified might be a better adjective. As for me, I'm just embarrassed.  I'm embarrassed that he's not embarrassed. 

I still don't believe he really wants to be president.  He just has a fetish for stirring shit.  I think it gives him a semi.

A couple years ago he was leading the charge that Obama was a muslim.  And not even an american.

Trump sucks.

Love that graph! Very accurate. One problem: there is no image on the left to correspond to the teabag. Trying to think what would be appropriate and I'm drawing a blank. What do you think?

:49:Ooops, sorry for the Trump typo

Don't have to apologize for typos like that. I didn't even notice it until you pointed it out! :)

Good joke, btw, fuzzie.biggrin.png  Not sure the chair would be big enough for his head to fit in there.

Daff: I think Bernie is as left as we have on the national stage.  The opposite of the teabag might be this:

post-389-0-25537000-1449763163_thumb.jpg

It'd be pretty funny if Trump really turns out to be a democrat (which he's been in the past). If hucking red meat into the crowd with abandon really gets people elected, politicians would have been doing it way before this. There's nothing sinisterly ingenious about his methods. So, what if he's working a sabotage campaign? I'd have mad respect for him if he had the cajones to pull this off. 

Nothing to worry about?  I don't want my country to end up with these kinds of headlines.

But you are perfectly fine with the headlines we currently get about legal gun owners going over the edge and shooting up a school/office/movie theater/mall every week.  Don't take away people's right to have the power to create a shooting spree.

I don't want the government taking away my ability to resist the kind of shit that is shown in the headlines by the same group doing it and they all have one common denominator.  They are MUSLIM. 

You never had the ability to resit it.  You only delude yourself.  Most of the terrorist acts in this country are commited by Christians.  Most of the criminal murders and the gone-crazy shooting sprees are commited by Christians.  Your delusion is the very thing ensuring that Christians have a steady supply of guns and ammo so that these shooting can continue forever.  Because as long as white men are the perps it's business as usual.

Fail

• Like 1

Those, scary, scary people...

http://usuncut.com/news/soldier-who-lost-leg-argues-against-islamophobia/

Getting frustrated by some people expecting racism from me, because I got blown up. Here it is:

Yes. A Muslim man blew me up, and I lost my leg.

A Muslim man also lost his arm that day wearing a British Uniform.
A Muslim medic was in the helicopter that took me from the field
A Muslim surgeon performed the surgery that saved my life
A Muslim Nurse was part of the team that helped me when I returned to the UK
A Muslim Healthcare Assistant was part of the team that sorted out my day to day needs in rehabilitation when I was learning to walk
A Muslim taxi driver gave me a free ride the first time I went for a beer with my Dad after I came home.
A Muslim doctor offered my Dad comfort and advice in a pub, when he didnt know how to deal with my medicines and side effects.

Contrary to that,
A white brit spat in my girlfriends face for 'fucking a cripple when you could have me [him]'
A White brit pushed my wheelchair away from a lift so he could use it first.
A White brit screamed at my Dad for parking in a disabled bay when I was in the services coming home
(Although, alot of people helped in my recovery! I dont hate white brits either! hahaha)

Point is, fuck off. I know who I dislike, and I know who I dont. I know who I appreciate, and I know who I dont. If you want to hate an entire race of men and women for the actions of a few dickheads feel free, but don't push your views on me, thinking I am an easy target because one douchebag decided it was my day to die.

Blaming all Muslims for the actions of groups like Daeshe and the Taliban, is like blaming all Christians for the actions of the KKK or Westboro Baptist Church.
Get a grip of your lives, hug your family and get back to work.

• Like 2

What are you talking about race? If that's all you read, then it went right over your head. 

BTW, 80% of Muslims are Asian and hardly a terrorist amongst them. 

Right, rather than being racist against muslims, BO is in fact merely irrationally xenophobic and bigoted towards them. A vast improvement to be sure.

• Like 2

Good joke, btw, fuzzie.:D  Not sure the chair would be big enough for his head to fit in there.

Daff: I think Bernie is as left as we have on the national stage.  The opposite of the teabag might be this:

attachicon.gifimages (1).jpg

Haha! Yup, that works!

Oh, Herman Cain, where are you when we need you??

How I long for 9-9-9!

If I may interrupt with a point of clarification from a couple pages back...

First of all, let me be bold and brave to admit here that I'm a conservative who separates fiscal and social issues. Actually, I consider myself "classical liberal," if you know what that entails. I guess that makes me libertarian, with a lower case "l". (I won't bore you with the details as to why I am not Libertarian with a capital "L", but yes, there is a difference.)

The ideals of the Tea Party resonate with me, at least most of them.

Although I don't personally find it offensive to use a tea bag to represent the Tea Party, I do consider it to be immature and needlessly impolite. The Democrats have a donkey as their symbol, but no one in polite conversation refers to them as the jackass party. See what I mean? (And please don't anyone pretend you don't know why the teabag is not considered polite conversation, with the haters using it as a verb.)

I can't believe I have to point this out, but recently I've been getting an uncomfortable vibe here in this forum, so here goes:

Not all ex-Christians are left-leaning / liberals who hate everything conservative. (There are a few conservative things I do hate, but for me the positives outweigh the huge amount of negatives on the other side of the aisle.) Some of us might even be -- gasp!! -- Tea Party sympathizers!

I would like to remind you all that coming here to the Rants section to rant against Christianity is, for some of us, not the same thing as ranting against Republicans or conservatives. For some of you, obviously it is. Personally, I wish the politics were out of this subforum altogether, but that's not my call.

My point is: ex-Christian/anti-religion does not automatically equal anti-conservative.

Thanks for reading my rant. Carry on.

• Like 4

Well for one thing - the Tea Party is not the Republican Party.  So don't compare it to the democratic party.

The only references I could even find to what you're talking about was Daffodil and I, both referencing a little image of a teabag on the graph I posted.  Because it was a TEABAG.

We didn't draw the graph.  

Wow.  

Were you equally outraged at the image of the suckling pig, representing the extreme left?

Sheesh.