Goodbye Jesus

Trump Or Carson

Castiel233

I would like to remind you all that coming here to the Rants section to rant against Christianity 

Where did you get that idea?  The rants section is to rant about whatever you want to rant about.

If you want to call Obama the worst president in the history of presidents, who's stopping you?

It's called a free marketplace of ideas.  Nobody here is going to tippy-toe around for fear of offending someone else.

If I may interrupt with a point of clarification from a couple pages back...

First of all, let me be bold and brave to admit here that I'm a conservative who separates fiscal and social issues. Actually, I consider myself "classical liberal," if you know what that entails. I guess that makes me libertarian, with a lower case "l". (I won't bore you with the details as to why I am not Libertarian with a capital "L", but yes, there is a difference.)

The ideals of the Tea Party resonate with me, at least most of them.

Although I don't personally find it offensive to use a tea bag to represent the Tea Party, I do consider it to be immature and needlessly impolite. The Democrats have a donkey as their symbol, but no one in polite conversation refers to them as the jackass party. See what I mean? (And please don't anyone pretend you don't know why the teabag is not considered polite conversation, with the haters using it as a verb.)

I can't believe I have to point this out, but recently I've been getting an uncomfortable vibe here in this forum, so here goes:

Not all ex-Christians are left-leaning / liberals who hate everything conservative. (There are a few conservative things I do hate, but for me the positives outweigh the huge amount of negatives on the other side of the aisle.) Some of us might even be -- gasp!! -- Tea Party sympathizers!

I would like to remind you all that coming here to the Rants section to rant against Christianity is, for some of us, not the same thing as ranting against Republicans or conservatives. For some of you, obviously it is. Personally, I wish the politics were out of this subforum altogether, but that's not my call.

My point is: ex-Christian/anti-religion does not automatically equal anti-conservative.

Thanks for reading my rant. Carry on.

There is nothing wrong with being a Republican.  The Republicans have plenty of decent candidates out there.  I hope one of them gets the nomination.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

I would like to remind you all that coming here to the Rants section to rant against Christianity 

Where did you get that idea?  The rants section is to rant about whatever you want to rant about.

If you want to call Obama the worst president in the history of presidents, who's stopping you?

It's called a free marketplace of ideas.  Nobody here is going to tippy-toe around for fear of offending someone else.

Yep--and just to clarify, generally speaking, about the only type of rant not allowed in here is one where christians rant about us and our ex-christianity.  Those types of rants get moved to the Lion's Den.  If people get too nasty on any other subject, the rant might get moved to Totally Off Topic.  Think of ToT as the non-religious version of the Lion's Den where thick skin is often needed. Think of Rants as a less abrasive version of ToT but it's best to expect that things will get a little fiery here from time to time.   

If I may interrupt with a point of clarification from a couple pages back...

First of all, let me be bold and brave to admit here that I'm a conservative who separates fiscal and social issues. Actually, I consider myself "classical liberal," if you know what that entails. I guess that makes me libertarian, with a lower case "l". (I won't bore you with the details as to why I am not Libertarian with a capital "L", but yes, there is a difference.)

The ideals of the Tea Party resonate with me, at least most of them.

Although I don't personally find it offensive to use a tea bag to represent the Tea Party, I do consider it to be immature and needlessly impolite. The Democrats have a donkey as their symbol, but no one in polite conversation refers to them as the jackass party. See what I mean? (And please don't anyone pretend you don't know why the teabag is not considered polite conversation, with the haters using it as a verb.)

I can't believe I have to point this out, but recently I've been getting an uncomfortable vibe here in this forum, so here goes:

Not all ex-Christians are left-leaning / liberals who hate everything conservative. (There are a few conservative things I do hate, but for me the positives outweigh the huge amount of negatives on the other side of the aisle.) Some of us might even be -- gasp!! -- Tea Party sympathizers!

I would like to remind you all that coming here to the Rants section to rant against Christianity is, for some of us, not the same thing as ranting against Republicans or conservatives. For some of you, obviously it is. Personally, I wish the politics were out of this subforum altogether, but that's not my call.

My point is: ex-Christian/anti-religion does not automatically equal anti-conservative.

Thanks for reading my rant. Carry on.

I resonate with some conservative issues - particularly about economic ones. I suppose you could also label me a libertarian. 

And I could vote for a republican...if one is available to vote for that isn't batshit insane. 

• Like 1

To get back to Trump.......

He has thanked "respected" UK columnist Kate Hopkins for her "powerful" writing.........

"respected"........

Yikes.......the women is a Murdoch stooge and bat-shit insane.......the UK version of Ann Coulter.

Hopkins, in a church convention , no less, referred to her self as the new Jesus, I'm sure the lord would also call refugees, "cock roaches" and threaten to send gun ships , and say "show me the floating bodies and I still will not care"..... and called dementia patients, bed blockers

How very respectfully Jesus

Hopkins, once stood as a candidate for Parliament and polled 0.6 percent of the vote. She has been referred to as "Low life, and an imbecile" by other columnists. Her TV show tanked in the rantings......

"Respected"...........!

In short a racist, blow hart. No wonder Trump likes her

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/harrison-ford-tells-donald-trump-847765

Harrison Ford tell Donald Trump:

"It was a movie, Donald.  It was a movie.  It's not like that in real life.  But how would you know that?"

Somebody had to say it.

Wouldn't laugh too hard. He's pretty much guaranteeing a Clinton sweep at this point. He won't do any favors to the House and Senate either if he wins the nom. 

Wouldn't laugh too hard. He's pretty much guaranteeing a Clinton sweep at this point. He won't do any favors to the House and Senate either if he wins the nom. 

Well it is disturbing how millions of Americans would embrace fascism so easily.  It's mind boggling that so much of our population could do that.

Well it is disturbing how millions of Americans would embrace fascism so easily.  It's mind boggling that so much of our population could do that.

It doesn't surprise me a bit. I've been arguing for years America is a fascist country; half embrace it and the other half deny it. 

But I don't think there's enough of them to elect him. 

This has nothing to do with race.  This has to do with a religion and ideology that makes it plain from it's own writings what it is about.  I know there are some Muslims in the former Yugoslavia and other places in Europe.  So please don't try to play that game with me.  

Yet you are the one who advocated using biological weapons against their civilian populations.  Anthrax doesn't check for race or religion once it is set loose.

And you say it is only words so as long as you don't kill anybody you can talk about killing them all you want.

Wendybanghead.gif

It doesn't surprise me a bit. I've been arguing for years America is a fascist country; half embrace it and the other half deny it. 

Perhaps I have been in denial.  Watching this unfold has been a real shock.

But I don't think there's enough of them to elect him. 

My thoughts as well.  I hope he loses big and people take note of how hate does not work.  Because the alternative is unthinkable.

I think Trump is a bully, a racist and a creep. His ex wife has said he subjected her to an attack of a very sinister nature. He has likely Mafia links according to one source

I have worked with the likes of Trump, nasty, stalled minded  individuals, filled with their own sense of self worth. He inherited Daddy's money, yet calls himself self made....

Compare Trump to a real American Icon, like  Ben Franklin( who was really self made) and Trump comes away from it very very very poorly.

Trump is just a couple of beers away from blaming the problems of the world on "blacks and women forgetting their station" 

If Trump wins the nod, I suspect the Dems can pick anyone and they will walk it into the White House 

I guess the closet comparison to Trump is Nigel Farage and Farge has come out and says Trump goes to far 

So Ted Cruz is in the news today, saying that neither Trump or Carson will be the nominee.  I think he's right.

But I don't think Cruz will either.  For the same reasons that Carson won't make it.  For the same reasons that Bernie Sanders won't beat Hillary in the democratic primaries.

Too far to the left or right, and the pot belly of the electorate won't have it.

The smart money is still on Rubio.  One of the only guys that has a prayer against Hillary.

Where is Carson? He was starting to take the lead and then Trump took center stage.

Rumors are Rubio was caught having an affair.

I don't think Sanders' problem is he's too far to the left. He's not establishment, so he doesn't get media coverage or support from the party. 

Hillary is just more of the same. No difference between her and Obama or Bush. She loves war and loves Wall Street and will tell the voters whatever they need to hear. 

Carson has slipped some, Cruz is rising.

But I'm not going off of any of the polls, obviously, since I've already declared Trump a goner.

My prognostications are based on spidey-sense.  I have the sniffer of a bloodhound.  wicked.gif

Ooh.  I have to program in rumors of a Rubio affair?

Shit.

Re-calculating, re-calculating.  tongue.png