Goodbye Jesus

With God All Things Are Possible!

Fweethawt

Your turn Justus. You have two to choose from.

As you don't believe God then why would I expect you to believe anything I say.

However the talking serpent told Eve the truth.

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? Genesis 3:1

God did not say tell the man that he could not eat of every tree in the Garden.  So I think you are mistaken when you say the serpent didn't lie.

And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: Gen 2:16

16The LORD God commanded the man, saying, "From any tree of the garden you may eat freely; 17but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die."  Gen 2

I think YOU are mistaken, Justus.  Context really is a bitch, innit?

No not really, name a tree that bears fruit which does not contain a tree yielding seed?  it is written in Genesis 1:29 that God said "...and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."  

The part about "on the day you eat from it you will surely die" was the lie.  It must suck to be a believer.

So if science doesn't prove anything then I guess you got me on that one. 

What?  I don't have you, I have the Bible.  Science has proven plenty of things but that has nothing to do with the fact that the Bible is a collection of stories that was heavily edited by many different men.  And all these men who labored to create the Bible often worked against each other because they disagreed with each other.  Some of these edits and rewrites happened hundreds of years after the original words were written for the various passages.

The book of Hebrews says that it is impossible for God to lie but the men who created Genesis didn't care about that and they made God lie in the Garden of Eden.  Perhaps the men who created Hebrews didn't realize or didn't care.  I got the Bible on that one.

Well, let's assume your right.  So  let BAA tell me about H2O boils at 212 degrees "everywhere at everywhen" since his profile states that his universal physics principle – the laws of physics are the same everywhere and everywhen.   Why does water boil at lower temperatures at higher places if the universal physics principle says that the laws of physics are the same everywhere in the universe, all of the time?

;  FT__15.09.11_boilingPoint.png

silverpenny013Hmmm.gif   You are just playing around, right?

Water boiling is an interaction between the water and the air.  The H2O is leaving the liquid state to become part of the air pressure.  The fact that the laws of physics are the same everywhere means that this will happen at the same temperature when the air pressure is identical.  So on a clear day for any mountain 5,000 feet above sea level the boiling temp should be the same.  Notice the boiling temp is the same for any cost line anywhere in the world?  If you are sitting next to New York Harbor the boiling temp is the same as if you are sitting next to Tokyo bay.  Because the laws of physics are the same everywhere.

Justus clearly has no understanding of the actual laws of thermodynamics, or the role that pressure plays in the process wouldn't be such a mystery to him.

• Super Moderator

I didn't run off anywhere, Justass.  I thought we were talking about freezing shit with liquid nitrogen.  Why are you changing things around to boiling points at various altitudes?  Is it because you don't really understand science so you want to change the subject before you're exposed?  By the way, you really should address your business with BAA before answering what is, quite obviously, a rhetorical question.

Your turn Justus. You have two to choose from.

As you don't believe God then why would I expect you to believe anything I say.

However the talking serpent told Eve the truth.

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? Genesis 3:1

God did not say tell the man that he could not eat of every tree in the Garden.  So I think you are mistaken when you say the serpent didn't lie.

And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: Gen 2:16

16The LORD God commanded the man, saying, "From any tree of the garden you may eat freely; 17but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die."  Gen 2

I think YOU are mistaken, Justus.  Context really is a bitch, innit?

No not really, name a tree that bears fruit which does not contain a tree yielding seed?  it is written in Genesis 1:29 that God said "...and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."  

The part about "on the day you eat from it you will surely die" was the lie.  It must suck to be a believer.

So if science doesn't prove anything then I guess you got me on that one. 

Science has proven plenty of things 

Take that up with BAA who in a previous post stated the following : "The person claiming to know what I believe about scientific principles doesn't seem to understand that science doesn't prove anything."

I didn't run off anywhere, Justass.  I thought we were talking about freezing shit with liquid nitrogen.  Why are you changing things around to boiling points at various altitudes?  Is it because you don't really understand science so you want to change the subject before you're exposed?  By the way, you really should address your business with BAA before answering what is, quite obviously, a rhetorical question.

Well geez walley you could put water in a freezer and freeze it too but I think you missed the point.

Take that up with BAA who in a previous post stated the following : "The person claiming to know what I believe about scientific principles doesn't seem to understand that science doesn't prove anything."

Oh I get it.  You are trying to turn us against each other using semantics.  BAA was using the mathematical meaning of prove while I was using the judicial meaning of prove - beyond a reasonable doubt.  Science has allowed us to communicate to people all around the world via the internet so science does seem to get a few things right.  GPS wouldn't work if we didn't understand relativity and know how to measure time down to the nanosecond.  That is very precise.  I could name a dozen things where science is just as precise.  I imagine BAA could name a thousand.  He is right that science doesn't prove anything in a mathematical sense because mathematical proofs are ideal and the real world is data.

Learn science. 

He's still trying to attack science while refusing to answer questions about his own faith. I suggest you guys not play his table-turning game. 

Well, let's assume your right.  So  let BAA tell me about H2O boils at 212 degrees "everywhere at everywhen" since his profile states that his universal physics principle – the laws of physics are the same everywhere and everywhen.   Why does water boil at lower temperatures at higher places if the universal physics principle says that the laws of physics are the same everywhere in the universe, all of the time?

;  FT__15.09.11_boilingPoint.png

silverpenny013Hmmm.gif   You are just playing around, right?

Water boiling is an interaction between the water and the air.  The H2O is leaving the liquid state to become part of the air pressure.  The fact that the laws of physics are the same everywhere means that this will happen at the same temperature when the air pressure is identical.  So on a clear day for any mountain 5,000 feet above sea level the boiling temp should be the same.  Notice the boiling temp is the same for any cost line anywhere in the world?  If you are sitting next to New York Harbor the boiling temp is the same as if you are sitting next to Tokyo bay.  Because the laws of physics are the same everywhere.

LOL, maybe if you explain what I define the term temperature is.  [if you want to say that I am too stupid to know anything, that is perfectly acceptable.]

Likewise  I will explain what I think you will define temperature as.  I think you will say that temperature is the measurement of the thermal energy of an object.

He's still trying to attack science while refusing to answer questions about his own faith. I suggest you guys not play his table-turning game. g

Good suggestion.

LOL, maybe if you explain what I define the term temperature is.  [if you want to say that I am too stupid to know anything, that is perfectly acceptable.]

Likewise  I will explain what I think you will define temperature as.  I think you will say that temperature is the measurement of the thermal energy of an object.

I really don't care how you redefine the word temperature.

What matters is that the book of Hebrews says it is impossible for God to lie while the book of Genesis makes God lie.  Meanwhile water boils at the same temperature anywhere that is at sea level.  And water boils at the same temperature for any elevation that is exactly 5,000 feet above sea level.  You can work out the boiling temperature for water at any elevation using a formula derived from scientific observation.  Science is consistent while the Bible contradicts itself.

I really don't care how you redefine the word temperature.

What matters is that the book of Hebrews says it is impossible for God to lie while the book of Genesis makes God lie.  Meanwhile water boils at the same temperature anywhere that is at sea level.  And water boils at the same temperature for any elevation that is exactly 5,000 feet above sea level.  You can work out the boiling temperature for water at any elevation using a formula derived from scientific observation.  Science is consistent while the Bible contradicts itself.

Can't help notice that you didn't disagree with what I thought you would define temperature as.   

Your right, but how much longer does it take the water to reach boiling point at sea level than it takes water to reach boiling point at 5000 feet above sea level? But I am sure you knew that the thermal energy of water would be the same everywhere everytime water boiled, right?

And you can work out when your lying to yourself and when you  are being lied too by the laws of principles..

Well, let's assume your right. So let BAA tell me about H2O boils at 212 degrees "everywhere at everywhen" since his profile states that his universal physics principle – the laws of physics are the same everywhere and everywhen. Why does water boil at lower temperatures at higher places if the universal physics principle says that the laws of physics are the same everywhere in the universe, all of the time?

; FT__15.09.11_boilingPoint.png

silverpenny013Hmmm.gif You are just playing around, right?

Water boiling is an interaction between the water and the air. The H2O is leaving the liquid state to become part of the air pressure. The fact that the laws of physics are the same everywhere means that this will happen at the same temperature when the air pressure is identical. So on a clear day for any mountain 5,000 feet above sea level the boiling temp should be the same. Notice the boiling temp is the same for any cost line anywhere in the world? If you are sitting next to New York Harbor the boiling temp is the same as if you are sitting next to Tokyo bay. Because the laws of physics are the same everywhere.

LOL, maybe if you explain what I define the term temperature is. [if you want to say that I am too stupid to know anything, that is perfectly acceptable.]

Likewise I will explain what I think you will define temperature as. I think you will say that temperature is the measurement of the thermal energy of an object.

No temperature is not the measure of thermal energy. Temperature is inherently a statistical concept that arises from looking at collections of molecules (since we are talking about water molecules). A relatively robust and consistent way of defining temperature is the average kinetic energy of a system of particles, or rather measuring temperature is a good reflection of the average kinetic energy of said system. This is due to how collections of particles have a distribution of different kinetic energies and how molecules can be thought of as vibrating or oscillating along the axis of their chemical bonds. If this "vibrational (kinetic) energy" does not exceed the "strength" of the bond (Hydrogen bonding, a type of intermolecular interaction when considering water), then the molecules can interact and remain in a liquid state under otherwise "standard" conditions. I would include a discussion about Maxwell-Boltzmann distributions but you consistently show that you are not interested in learning about these concepts or examining the world with intellectual honesty.

• Like 2

Can't help notice that you didn't disagree with what I thought you would define temperature as.   

Your right, but how much longer does it take the water to reach boiling point at sea level than it takes water to reach boiling point at 5000 feet above sea level? But I am sure you knew that the thermal energy of water would be the same everywhere everytime water boiled, right?

And you can work out when your lying to yourself and when you  are being lied too by the laws of principles..

In your sick world view the difference between liquid and a gas is a lie?  

JIAoD4C.gif

No temperature is not the measure of thermal energy.

"Temperature is a measurement of the amount of thermal energy or heat of an object." gsfc.nasa.gov

That is a direct quote from Dr. Ed Tedesco,a Senior Scientist at the Planetary Science Institute.

https://www.psi.edu/about/staffpage/eft

I merely gave the Mistake the benefit of the doubt and assumed his response would be temperature is the amount of heat of an object or something along those lines. Which I must say was a great answer, basic but sufficient.

But of course the causation of that heat could be bounced around so to speak when in conversation where a shred of decent and mutual respect was present. But apparently that ain't going to happen. By the way, where did you get your doctorate again?

I would include a discussion about Maxwell-Boltzmann distributions but you consistently show that you are not interested in learning about these concepts or examining the world with intellectual honesty.

Yeppers, I can see your intellectual honesty.

[

In your sick world view the difference between liquid and a gas is a lie?

So is a cloud formed by water vapor or liquid water?

26 Behold, God is great, and we know him not, neither can the number of his years be searched out.

27 For he maketh small the drops of water: they pour down rain according to the vapour thereof:

28 Which the clouds do drop and distil upon man abundantly.

Job 36:26-28

Now if I said I didn't know his Son then I would be liar, how bout you Mistake, do you know your heavenly Father?  

Justus, do you understand that temperature and heat are not the same thing? RS is correct, by the way. Temperature is directly proportional to the average kinetic energy of the particles in a substance.

• Like 1

Let me ask a question Justus? Which object would have more thermal energy; a large, frozen ice berg or a hot, burning camp fire? If temperature is going to be the best measure of an object's thermal energy, then you would have to answer the fire. After all, the fire has a higher temperature. Or, does thermal energy take other concepts into consideration?

giphy.gif

"Temperature is a measurement of the amount of thermal energy or heat of an object." gsfc.nasa.gov

That is a direct quote from Dr. Ed Tedesco,a Senior Scientist at the Planetary Science Institute.
https://www.psi.edu/about/staffpage/eft

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Justus,

The incomplete url... gsfc.nasa.gov ...which you've given doesn't (but should) link to the Goddard Space Flight Center.  http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/home/index.html

Could you please provide the exact link to the specific GSFC page where Dr. Tedesco actually says, "Temperature is a measurement of the amount of thermal energy or heat of an object."...?  Thank you.

I ask because your incomplete url doesn't link to any page where he says this.

Nor does your other link to his personal page at the Planetary Science Institute.  We skeptics have no way of confirming that Dr. Tedesco said these words.  We cannot accept what you claim he said and need to verify that for ourselves.  Please help us do so or (once again) you will be asking us to accept hearsay and not actual evidence.

Thanks,

BAA.

Justus, do you understand .....

By the way, your statement regarding the freezing of water is incomplete. It is an incorrect statement of a conventional scientific law. Water can freeze at above 32F if it is under very high pressure.

Do you believe that if Jesus said that he could cause water to freeze solid without exposing the water to air having a temperature 32 degrees or less that he could cause it to freeze?

Empty space must really be a burden Not every that is right.

You really don’t know how much I would enjoyed responding to your question; unfortunately I must respectfully decline your request at this time.

Because (see: http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/71158-with-god-all-things-are-possible/?p=1090604)of the reason why.

So is a cloud formed by water vapor or liquid water?

26 Behold, God is great, and we know him not, neither can the number of his years be searched out.

27 For he maketh small the drops of water: they pour down rain according to the vapour thereof:

28 Which the clouds do drop and distil upon man abundantly.

Job 36:26-28

So Job is legit because of the things it gets right but the things Job gets wrong don't count.

Now if I said I didn't know his Son then I would be liar, how bout you Mistake, do you know your heavenly Father?  

Jesus and the heavenly Father are the two fictional characters I know the best.  I studied their literature for over three decades.

You really don’t know how much I would enjoyed responding to your question; unfortunately I must respectfully decline your request at this time.

Because (see: http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/71158-with-god-all-things-are-possible/?p=1090604)of the reason why.

Justus, this isn't a question of who answers first. This is BAA saying that he can't answer, because he doesn't have the link.  I know it, BAA knows it, and you know it. Everyone reading this that has been following the thread knows it.

I realize that you are an actual person on the other side of my computer screen, and I have to ask; do you actually think you are clever?

Justus, this isn't a question of who answers first. This is BAA saying that he can't answer, because he doesn't have the link.  I know it, BAA knows it, and you know it. Everyone reading this that has been following the thread knows it.

I realize that you are an actual person on the other side of my computer screen, and I have to ask; do you actually think you are clever?

Or you could ask about the url on my behalf, Dude?

Clearing the way for Justus to provide it.

Deal?

Or, since Justus has been good enough to provide Dr. Tedesco's contact details... eft@psi.edu  ...one of us could simply ask him if he ever wrote or spoke the words Justus claims he has?

Perhaps the RogueScholar or maybe Bhim (an astrophysicist) would be the best people to do this?

I'm sure the good Dr. Tedesco would welcome an inquiry from a fellow scientist about what he's on record as saying.

Yep!  One way or another, we'll find out.

And since Justus seems to like posting vids, here's one for him.