Goodbye Jesus

With God All Things Are Possible!

Fweethawt

Justus, BAA thinks you're full of shit. He's just too nice to say it, IMHO. But now that I think of it, do you have the link BAA spoke of in his post #95?

I ask because your incomplete url doesn't link to any page where he says this.

You really don’t know how much I would enjoyed responding to your question; unfortunately I must respectfully decline your request at this time.

Because (see: http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/71158-with-god-all-things-are-possible/?p=1090604)of the reason why.

Justus, this isn't a question of who answers first. This is BAA saying that he can't answer, because he doesn't have the link.  I know it, BAA knows it, and you know it. Everyone reading this that has been following the thread knows it.

I realize that you are an actual person on the other side of my computer screen, and I have to ask; do you actually think you are clever?

Or you could ask about the url on my behalf, Dude?

Clearing the way for Justus to provide it.

Deal?

No deal.  mad.gif

Justus, do you understand .....

By the way, your statement regarding the freezing of water is incomplete. It is an incorrect statement of a conventional scientific law. Water can freeze at above 32F if it is under very high pressure.

Do you believe that if Jesus said that he could cause water to freeze solid without exposing the water to air having a temperature 32 degrees or less that he could cause it to freeze?

Empty space must really be a burden Not every that is right.

I don't know what point you were trying to make here, either by mashing my posts together with yours or with your videos and poor grammar. You must think you're terribly clever, but I don't think anyone else shares that opinion.

• Super Moderator

I keep thinking this thread can't get any dumber, and I keep being wrong.

^

• Super Moderator

Here's a little night table reading for those of you who might be intrigued by Justus' general reluctance to understand basic scientific principles:

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/66240-an-appeal-for-justus/?hl=%2Ban+%2Bappeal+%2Bto+%2Bjustus#.VqAZwfkrLIU

I would draw your attention to two things:  Firstly, an immediate attempt to change/confuse the subject--in this case, from evolution to abiogenesis.  Secondly, the cowardly personal attack/insult toward intellectual honesty.  If these tactics seem familiar to you, then draw your own conclusions about Justus and his behavior.

Lurkers, especially those of you who might still lean toward christianity, observe the patterns you see in Justus and ask yourself, "Is this the best my religion has to offer?"

Thanks,

TheRedneckProfessor

• Like 3

Here's a little night table reading for those of you who might be intrigued by Justus' general reluctance to understand basic scientific principles:

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/66240-an-appeal-for-justus/?hl=%2Ban+%2Bappeal+%2Bto+%2Bjustus#.VqAZwfkrLIU

I would draw your attention to two things:  Firstly, an immediate attempt to change/confuse the subject--in this case, from evolution to abiogenesis.  Secondly, the cowardly personal attack/insult toward intellectual honesty.  If these tactics seem familiar to you, then draw your own conclusions about Justus and his behavior.

Lurkers, especially those of you who might still lean toward christianity, observe the patterns you see in Justus and ask yourself, "Is this the best my religion has to offer?"

Thanks,

TheRedneckProfessor

Are you still crying about the fact I won't debate your claim that evolution is the unquestionable truth when you claim one has to believe in order to see its undeniable truth.

In order for the Catholic doctrine of evolution to be a scientific fact, it must demonstrate how non-living matter could have spontaneously originated from non-living matter. While I affirm your right to believe whatever you choose, the fact you call me a Christian is just one of the examples that demonstrates your propensity for lying. Just because I read the Bible and have opinions about certain things doesn't make me a disciple of a God man.[Acts 11:26]

Since I do not believe that reproduction can occur without cell fusion, that pretty much rules me out as Christian of the year. In addition, the scientific principle of mammal reproduction shows that only the male gamete and female gamete of the same species can result in cell fusion in itself refutes your "immaculate evolution" theory between man and some other species. Thus your ignorance of scientific principles allows you to get snagged by whatever new revealed truth they throw at you.

So are you white? Just asking because they say that white people are the ones who were too stupid to feed themselves so as a result their skin pigmentation changed into that pale dead color. I bet I know one group of people that are waiting to see if your going to say it.

I would submit that you are liken to a person who plays a one number lotto and can't wait to play again after the winning lotto number 81 is pulled from a number pool of 1 to 50. Like the announcer says after the drawing, "Better luck next time"

• Super Moderator

Thanks,

TheRedneckProfessor

Are you still crying about the fact I won't debate your claim that evolution is the unquestionable truth when you claim one has to believe in order to see its undeniable truth.

I never made this claim.

In order for the Catholic doctrine of evolution to be a scientific fact, it must demonstrate how non-living matter could have spontaneously originated from non-living matter. While I affirm your right to believe whatever you choose, the fact you call me a Christian is just one of the examples that demonstrates your propensity for lying.

I never called you a christian.

Just because I read the Bible and have opinions about certain things doesn't make me a disciple of a God man.[Acts 11:26]

Since I do not believe that reproduction can occur without cell fusion, that pretty much rules me out as Christian of the year. In addition, the scientific principle of mammal reproduction shows that only the male gamete and female gamete of the same species can result in cell fusion in itself refutes your "immaculate evolution" theory between man and some other species.

I have never put forth any kind of "immaculate evolution "theory".

Thus your ignorance of scientific principles allows you to get snagged by whatever new revealed truth they throw at you.

Again with the ad hominem... when you have clearly demonstrated your own ignorance.

So are you white? Just asking because they say that white people are the ones who were too stupid to feed themselves so as a result their skin pigmentation changed into that pale dead color. I bet I know one group of people that are waiting to see if your going to say it.

Color is only skin deep; but some kinds of stupid go all the way to the bone.

I would submit that you are liken to a person who plays a one number lotto and can't wait to play again after the winning lotto number 81 is pulled from a number pool of 1 to 50. Like the announcer says after the drawing, "Better luck next time"

See what I mean?

• Like 1

In order for the Catholic doctrine of evolution to be a scientific fact, it must demonstrate how non-living matter could have spontaneously originated from non-living matter. While I affirm your right to believe whatever you choose, the fact you call me a Christian is just one of the examples that demonstrates your propensity for lying. Just because I read the Bible and have opinions about certain things doesn't make me a disciple of a God man.[Acts 11:26]

Enough with the "What about Abiogenesis" already. This has been addressed several times. Evolution as a process has been proven time and again, and can be proven quite easily in the present by observing species such as fruit flies who procreate in a rapid manner. Or, you know, just good ol' genetics.

Who are "they"? I guess that goes for other ethnic groups with lighter skin tones such as certain Mid-eastern, Central Asian and East Asian peoples as well? As far as I know, lighter pigmentation was an adaption to weaker sunlight at more northerly latitudes. We absorb sunlight to synthesize Vitamin D, and too much melanin would be a hindrance in an environment with less sunlight, leading to a deficit in Vitamin D, which is pretty damn essential.

What's your point anyway? Why this uncalled for ad hominem? Why the implicit racism? Why can't you stay On-topic? Why can't you write a single coherent post?

Oh shit, I just had a premonition! I foresee with certainty, that the answers to these my questions, will always remain in the dark.

Enough with the "What about Abiogenesis" already. This has been addressed several times. Evolution as a process has been proven time and again, and can be proven quite easily in the present by observing species such as fruit flies who procreate in a rapid manner. Or, you know, just good ol' genetics.

So why do then deny the virgin birth?

Who are "they"? I guess that goes for other ethnic groups with lighter skin tones such as certain Mid-eastern, Central Asian and East Asian peoples as well? As far as I know, lighter pigmentation was an adaption to weaker sunlight at more northerly latitudes. We absorb sunlight to synthesize Vitamin D, and too much melanin would be a hindrance in an environment with less sunlight, leading to a deficit in Vitamin D, which is pretty damn essential.

What's your point anyway? Why this uncalled for ad hominem? Why the implicit racism? Why can't you stay On-topic? Why can't you write a single coherent post?

Oh shit, I just had a premonition! I foresee with certainty, that the answers to these my questions, will always remain in the dark.

I knew one of you would say it wasn't white people.

Let me ask a question Justus? Which object would have more thermal energy; a large, frozen ice berg or a hot, burning camp fire? If temperature is going to be the best measure of an object's thermal energy, then you would have to answer the fire. After all, the fire has a higher temperature. Or, does thermal energy take other concepts into consideration?

Bump

In order for the Catholic doctrine of evolution to be a scientific fact, it must demonstrate how non-living matter could have spontaneously originated from non-living matter. 

Nope.  That is a common misconception about science.  All evolution needs in order to be accepted as fact is a mountain of evidence that shows evolution actually happens and for an exhaustive effort to prove evolution wrong to fail every time.  We reached that many years ago.  So now the educated world accepts as fact that evolution is the mechanism that perpetuates species change and it is the backbone of our biological understanding.

I'm sure you have been informed a hundred times but that other stuff you mention is a different subject.

[

Humm, so skin color isn’t genetic? Being called stupid by a ‘redneck’ is compliment, Thank You.

bump

I bet you think the water was boiling in the video, don't you. They said it was boiling, you seen the water bubble. I heard somewhere judge not according to appearance but principled judgement. So why don't you try the experiment and measure the temperature of the water when it is bubbling, do you think it will room temperature?

As far a your question, see Mark 12:13

So why do then deny the virgin birth?

Virgin birth in humans have never been observed. Among the species where virgin birth do occur, if I'm not mistaken, the offspring is always female. You know, backing things up with evidence is sorta the point with science.

"But how do you know? Where you there?!"

Nope, but neither were you. Scientific research reaches conclusions by observing things, whereas creationism presumes an ancient fairy tale is true just because it says it is. Nope, no one saw the Big Bang, nor Abiogenesis, but we can see and study the results and "follow the tracks" so to speak. Scientific theories are supported by experiments and observations, Genesis is supported by... Genesis.

I knew one of you would say it wasn't white people.

What's your point?

[Humm, so skin color isn’t genetic? Being called stupid by a ‘redneck’ is compliment, Thank You. 

bump

I bet you think the water was boiling in the video, don't you. They said it was boiling, you seen the water bubble. I heard somewhere judge not according to appearance but principled judgement. So why don't you try the experiment and measure the temperature of the water when it is bubbling, do you think it will room temperature?As far a your question, see Mark 12:13

Which one has more thermal energy Justus, the camp fire or the iceberg? This is actually an important question and really highlights why temperature is not a great proxy for thermal energy.

PRELIMINARY   DRAFT   OF   AN   E-MAIL   TO   DOCTOR   ED   TEDESCO

Dear Doctor Tedesco,

My name is (Insert name) and I'm e-mailing you about a quote on the Internet that has possibly been wrongly attributed to you.

I hope that with your approval, agreement and help the facts of this matter can be fully known.  The context of said quote is as follows. 

http://new.exchristian.net/

The Ex-Christian.Net blog and forum is a resource dedicated to helping those leaving religion behind.

As you can see from the disclaimer below, all members who incorporate quotes in their posts are expected to include the reference from which the quote was taken and preferably a link to a web page with the full article.  (See Quote mining/Information Pirating) 

http://new.exchristian.net/p/disclaimer.html

Because Ex-Christian.net strongly supports the principle of free speech those members who hold religious beliefs have the same rights, freedoms and benefits as those who are not religious.  Lively debate is encouraged and there exist a number of sub-forums where members can argue for or against religion.  It is in this immediate context of such a debate that a post was made, attributing certain things to you.

This was done without a proper reference and without a viable link being posted. 

This lead to the members of Ex-Christian.net being unable to verify for themselves that the words attributed to you actually originated from you.  The member responsible for doing this has not been forthcoming with the necessary reference and link and so, in the interests of discovering the facts, it's become necessary to send you this e-mail.

(Cut and paste post # 90 by Justus, here.)

As you will see Dr. Tedesco, it is claimed that on either your Planetary Science Institute staff page or on a Goddard Space Flight Center page you are on record as saying...

"Temperature is a measurement of the amount of thermal energy or heat of an object."

Amongst the membership of this forum are scientists who are in some doubt that you actually said or wrote these words.

They consider this unlikely and are of the opinion that these words have been wrongly attributed to you.   So would you please be kind enough to advise us as to the facts of this matter?  Any help you could give would be appreciated by us.

With thanks,

(Insert name)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annoyingly enough my spellcheck is NOW telling me that misattributed isn't a meaningful word - which it didn't do when I typed this out.  I've therefore changed this draft accordingly.  From 'misattributed' to 'wrongly attributed'.

However, the intended meaning is still the same.

Something can be wrongly attributed to someone thru deliberate intent or thru the making of a genuine mistake.  I have left both options open and have not committed myself either way on this question.  Doing so gives Justus the benefit of the doubt.  He may have attributed certain words to Dr. Tedesco, in the full knowledge that they did not originate from him.  Or he may have made a genuine error.  If it's the latter, I urge him to set the record straight.

Thank you.

BAA, I don't think Justus deserves to be taken that seriously.  He is a joke but not even a funny joke.

BAA, I don't think Justus deserves to be taken that seriously.  He is a joke but not even a funny joke.

I'm just giving a fellow member the benefit of the doubt, MM.

Thanks,

BAA.

• Super Moderator

I disagree.  Justus is in the habit of making unsubstantiated claims about others and this is a good way of either substantiating the claim made or demonstrating that Justus is, indeed, a liar.

• Super Moderator

Justus,

When you make positive claims, the onus is upon you to support those claims with verifiable evidence.  This principle becomes especially important when you are making claims about a person, because of the potential injury you might inflict upon the reputation of the individual in question.  BAA has been patiently attempting (without success I'm afraid) to bring you to an understanding of this; but you seem unwilling to accept his help.

You have made the following claims about me:

1.  That I claimed evolution must be believed in order to be understood

2.  That I called you a christian

3.  That I had a propensity for lying

4.  That I put forth some kind of "immaculate evolution" theory which supposes the possibility of humans interbreeding with some other species.

The onus is now upon you to substantiate the claims you have made against me. 

I note, again, and with much disgust, that in this thread, as in the thread for which I provided the link, you accuse me of lying.  This is not a charge that I take lightly.  Fortunately, we all have access to the same internet.  This means that anyone who wishes can comb the webs looking for proof of the claims you have made against me, just as you can also.  When those claims are proven, time and again, to be false, it will be quite evident which one of us deserves to be hung with the moniker of "liar".

Go forth, now, little boy, and find the proof you need to support your scandalous libel, or be known for the liar you have proven yourself to be.

Happy hunting,

TheRedneckProfessor.

Hmmm. It seems Justus knows more about science than all of us combined. Whatever will we do.

Important notice!

I've just made an alteration to the wording of the Preliminary Draft (#116) and added an explanatory note beneath it, clarifying my position and intentions.

Thanks,

BAA.

Important notice!

I've just made an alteration to the wording of the Preliminary Draft (#116) and added an explanatory note beneath it, clarifying my position and intentions.

Thanks,

BAA.

BAA,

You may wish to revise your draft to reference the following, which contains the quote attributed to Dr. Ed Tedesco (see numbered paragraph 6):

http://helios.gsfc.nasa.gov/qa_sp_ht.html

Justus, BAA thinks you're full of shit. He's just too nice to say it, IMHO.

You think? 

But now that I think of it, do you have the link BAA spoke of in his post #95?

Yes I do.

Hmmm. It seems Justus knows more about science than all of us combined. Whatever will we do.

Again, I got to disagree.unsure.png