Goodbye Jesus

They Told Me to Kneel, I Stood Up

Fweethawt

I imagine Stranger's questioning went something like this:

"Did you say 'God is dead'?"

"Yes."

"No He isn't."

To his mind, this probably constituted a thorough questioning.

• Like 2

Thanks Stranger.

But I have to agree with Fwee.

Emotion is alien to reason.  If there were an emotional component involved in reason, then the answer to the question, 'What is 2 + 2?' would depend upon the emotional state of the person asking the question and/or the person providing the answer.  Are you happy?  Then the answer is 3.  Depressed?  Then it's 19.  Filled with shame?  -8.  In love?  100!  Fearful?  278,606.  Greedy?  3.6612  Proud?  11.  And so on.  The answer (4 ...btw, regardless of anyone's emotions) is always the same for everyone everywhere.  That's because reason has no emotional components and doesn't require emotion to work.  It works just fine, without emotions getting involved.

Anyway, now we are making some progress!

We now know that your faith is neither based upon reason or emotion, Stranger.

So, perhaps you could explain to us what it is based upon, please?

Thanks,

BAA. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My faith is based upon the testimony of the Bible , and I believe it.   And I can do nothing to change it.    It is not reason, or emotion, it is just there.

Stranger

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Stranger, that's very informative.

You know that your faith is not reason and not reasonable.

You know that your faith is not emotion and not emotional.

It's neither of those things, but you do know that it's there.

Now, since you've been taught the Bible from childhood, could your faith be the result of that teaching?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Stand for the flag, and never kneel to anything. I wont kneel before any “god” nor man, for that is weakness.