Goodbye Jesus

Trying to understand

Knott

Guest end3
7 minutes ago, ag_NO_stic said:

Christians: "I think what Jesus is trying to say, and I agree, is _______" 

Ha, this is why, sweetheart, that the Bible asks that we DO know others. 

And guess what,  as I can demonstrate with EVIDENCE, is that people treat me better and are more forgiving of me, more grace-filled, because I have spent about the last 11 years here getting to know you people, and vice versa.....the book of John, thank you.

Now, to Him who is able....amen.

Guest end3
1 minute ago, mymistake said:

You know that part is a joke, right?  Our profiles also have chess pieces on them.  That doesn't mean we worship chess.

Words matter.  I change my beliefs according to logic and objective evidence.  That is the opposite of ignoring logic and evidence to follow a revelation.  They are opposites.

No dumbass, it's still a representation of reality.

To the latter, science changes daily, yet you when it's the "fact of the day", you are ready to crucify someone, because you are so damn certain it's fact.

You're bordering on complete idiot  MM.  Stop, save yourself.

1 minute ago, end3 said:

No dumbass, it's still a representation of reality.

To the latter, science changes daily, yet you when it's the "fact of the day", you are ready to crucify someone, because you are so damn certain it's fact.

You're bordering on complete idiot  MM.  Stop, save yourself.

Okay, who have I crucified?  If it's a really long list then just give me the top ten people I've crucified.

Guest end3
1 hour ago, Citsonga said:

Then what prompted you to make the false accusation?

It wasn't false, there's a good population here that come off pretty uppity...from my perspective. 

10 minutes ago, end3 said:

It wasn't false, there's a good population here that come off pretty uppity...from my perspective. 

Again, this is a space that was created for ex-Christians.  We are not visiting a church and starting shit in somebody else's turf.  But Christians do come by here and want to tell us that we were never Christian or that we still are Christian.  We let them have a place where they are free to express their opinion.  

And you want them to be able to do so without any consequences.  We just have to quietly listen and not answer.  We should not be allowed to ask Christians the hard questions.  Because . . . ?

• Like 3

Guest end3
21 minutes ago, mymistake said:

Again, this is a space that was created for ex-Christians.  We are not visiting a church and starting shit in somebody else's turf.  But Christians do come by here and want to tell us that we were never Christian or that we still are Christian.  We let them have a place where they are free to express their opinion.  

And you want them to be able to do so without any consequences.  We just have to quietly listen and not answer.  We should not be allowed to ask Christians the hard questions.  Because . . . ?

It's not the hard questions....you know the drill MM.  We've been through this before....

35 minutes ago, end3 said:

Ha, this is why, sweetheart, that the Bible asks that we DO know others. 

And guess what,  as I can demonstrate with EVIDENCE, is that people treat me better and are more forgiving of me, more grace-filled, because I have spent about the last 11 years here getting to know you people, and vice versa.....the book of John, thank you.

Now, to Him who is able....amen.

Okay, "honey bunches," thanks for the clarification.  :) I don't know what this has to do with my comment, the post I quoted you on was teasing you for a bunch of "I think what he means, and I agree, is _____ and, when you say ____, to that I say ______" and it was just a bunch of blind assumptions. 'Twas a joke, your response here doesn't make much sense to me......"sugar." ❤️

Also, fyi, I don't give a shit about what the bible asks lol. The bible also says that a woman who's raped should be killed if she doesn't scream loud enough, so......yeah. Thanks for the input, "pumpkin," but I'll pass on all that.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, end3 said:

Whether or not one is arrogant is not based on your personal perspective. It's based on what that individual actually thinks of him/herself.

I haven't seen very many here who seem arrogant, so I must ask, who all here do you consider arrogant?

28 minutes ago, end3 said:

It's not the hard questions....you know the drill MM.  We've been through this before....

Are we at the part where you keep all your comments vague that way I never learn anything about your views but you act like you imparted some great wisdom?

By the way during my whole Gawd damn childhood every adult I ever trusted lied to me about how the world works and what to expect out of life.  When I was three years old I didn't know enough to tell them they were wrong or why they are wrong.  So it is refreshing, now that I do know, to speak up and combat the nonsense when Christians try to use the same old tricks.

• Like 1

Guest end3
28 minutes ago, ag_NO_stic said:

Okay, "honey bunches," thanks for the clarification.  :) I don't know what this has to do with my comment, the post I quoted you on was teasing you for a bunch of "I think what he means, and I agree, is _____ and, when you say ____, to that I say ______" and it was just a bunch of blind assumptions. 'Twas a joke, your response here doesn't make much sense to me......"sugar." ❤️

Also, fyi, I don't give a shit about what the bible asks lol. The bible also says that a woman who's raped should be killed if she doesn't scream loud enough, so......yeah. Thanks for the input, "pumpkin," but I'll pass on all that.

No problem babe..;)

On 6/8/2018 at 3:53 PM, end3 said:

On 6/8/2018 at 4:28 PM, Citsonga said:

Whether or not one is arrogant is not based on your personal perspective. It's based on what that individual actually thinks of him/herself.

I haven't seen very many here who seem arrogant, so I must ask, who all here do you consider arrogant?

No response? You blast this board as being full of arrogance, yet when questioned about it you ignore it. You can't provide a single piece of evidence, huh? No surprise. It's easy to make up accusations, but it's harder to back them up.

I suspect that the most probable scenario is that at least most of those whom you assumed were "uppity" were likely just defending their views and you mistook their confidence for arrogance.

On 6/5/2018 at 4:39 PM, Knott said:

No i don't believe there is such a thing as an ex-christian. I believe they do not know what happened to them the moment they believed and were duped into whatever they went through in religion.

In other words, you're not really "trying to understand" us, as your thread title falsely claims. Instead you're trying to find a way to rationalize us into a nice little compartment that fits into your preconceived notions.

That's understandable, I guess. Many of us, myself included, used to do the same thing when we were Christians. It's very difficult to look at things from a different perspective when one has been thoroughly indoctrinated with a particular viewpoint. I get that. 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2018 at 3:53 PM, end3 said:

I strongly suspect some of us come across as uppity because we have opinions about Christianity and back them up, and won't really entertain the idea that there is anything to this Christianity thing...when I was Christian, I was basically taught this....to be wary of those who were "set against" Christianity and "didn't have God in their hearts." This kind of thinking easily colours one's perspective, and people can seem uppity or arrogant when they uphold opposing views and are vocal and opinionated.

1 hour ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

I strongly suspect some of us come across as uppity because we have opinions about Christianity and back them up, and won't really entertain the idea that there is anything to this Christianity thing...when I was Christian, I was basically taught this....to be wary of those who were "set against" Christianity and "didn't have God in their hearts." This kind of thinking easily colours one's perspective, and people can seem uppity or arrogant when they uphold opposing views and are vocal and opinionated.

Well said. It is easy for us (humans in general) to assume that those with strong differing views are arrogant, but it's not necessarily true.

It is especially difficult to assess whether or not one is arrogant on a message board. We're not getting the person's tone or body language. All we're getting are the words they post, so it is easy to misconstrue the intent.

• Thanks 1

On 6/9/2018 at 7:53 AM, end3 said:

there's a good population here that come off pretty uppity...from my perspective. 

end ... I would have thought stating one has a "relationship" rather than what is truthfully a "religion" comes across as pretty "uppity" in my opinion!

"Us" who have "relationships" are truly in a superior category to those who merely have a religion! We are the truly "saved" ones! They are not!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Citsonga said:

No response? You blast this board as being full of arrogance, yet when questioned about it you ignore it. You can't provide a single piece of evidence, huh? No surprise. It's easy to make up accusations, but it's harder to back them up.

I suspect that the most probable scenario is that at least most of those whom you assumed were "uppity" were likely just defending their views and you mistook their confidence for arrogance.

No C, there have been a whole herd of you assholes over the years....just too lazy to list them. 

Edit: And there have been some very intelligent people leave this board because the failure to have a genuine/civil discourse.

Again, it's not confidence, and if it were, it would be confidence in ignorance.  But there you are....

2 hours ago, Realist said:

end ... I would have thought stating one has a "relationship" rather than what is truthfully a "religion" comes across as pretty "uppity" in my opinion!

"Us" who have "relationships" are truly in a superior category to those who merely have a religion! We are the truly "saved" ones! They are not!

I believe endeavoring in relationships is a good thing R.  When we know others, we are more likely to understand their motivations and have more forgiveness and grace for them.  We KNOW our best friends, we KNOW our spouses.....and likely have more tolerance for them because of our knowledge of their past.  Christ knew God and our job is for us to know Christ on that same level, and then know others that they may know Christ and God.  And if we are all God breathed, then hurting others is ultimately hurting God. 

I do have a relationship with some here through trust.  Some of the older group.....we've beat on each other enough where we know past pains....or at least they know mine and are more tolerant of my crap.  And I think that is the crux of Christianity.  Whether or not you have to accept Christ in the end is not my call.  Some Christians suck at Christianity and some non-Christians really do the works part very well....much better than I.

4 hours ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

I hear you, but there is definitely a difference. 

3 hours ago, end3 said:

No C, there have been a whole herd of you assholes over the years....just too lazy to list them.

Ah, so simply asking for evidence of your claims makes us "assholes," huh? How "Christian" of you to call names and make false accusations. I have never, ever been an asshole to you. I simply asked you to provide evidence for what appears to me to be a false accusation, and you responded with another accusation that I know for absolute fact is false because you included me in it.

MODERATORS: Take note of of end3's name calling here.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, end3 said:

I believe endeavoring in relationships is a good thing R.  When we know others, we are more likely to understand their motivations and have more forgiveness and grace for them.  We KNOW our best friends, we KNOW our spouses.....and likely have more tolerance for them because of our knowledge of their past.  Christ knew God and our job is for us to know Christ on that same level, and then know others that they may know Christ and God.  And if we are all God breathed, then hurting others is ultimately hurting God. 

I do have a relationship with some here through trust.  Some of the older group.....we've beat on each other enough where we know past pains....or at least they know mine and are more tolerant of my crap.  And I think that is the crux of Christianity.  Whether or not you have to accept Christ in the end is not my call.  Some Christians suck at Christianity and some non-Christians really do the works part very well....much better than I.

Being nice has nothing to do with being Christian.  When you see somebody acting nice they are not doing Christianity.  Pointing out this fact does not make me an asshole.  It is just the basic facts.

• Like 2

"I'm not perfect, I'm just forgiven ... you assholes!"

LoL

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, end3 said:

... the problem with your scenario here End, comparing a "real" physical relationship ... a factual one which can involve ALL the human senses with a "belief" relationship is really in no way similar! One is undoubtedly FACT!

What christians are NOT prepared (or want) to believe is that OTHER religions have and FEEL these same feelings from their "belief" relationships. Usually of course in christianity it is the "born agains" who keep pushing this "relationship" versus "religion" scenario. It does get a little tiring continually hearing it ... and once again ... being used as a statement of their christian superiority.

Let's be plain simple on this ... keep the church (which some christians are stating is religion)out of this (relationship) comparison! The churches (bricks and mortar) just by themselves (just like firearms) are of no harm to society! With religion it is the individuals who "create" these relationships involving all their various faiths and practices that are! 

By the way I also feel your statement here  "Whether or not you have to accept Christ in the end is not my call" comes across a little uppity in my opinion! Why? It is tainted with the christian dig that it is me that will have to account to christ on this! Of course that has no concern to me ... it will not happen ... but it is just the fact that line has been used in your reply!

• Like 1

A ‘relationship’ with jesus is like a ‘relationship’ with a blow up doll or your imaginary friend Jimmy. Whatever. 

I you dont hear the words with your ears then your brain made that shit up. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 6/8/2018 at 8:08 AM, end3 said:

Let's look at the Santa Clause analogy.  We gather that Santa was real and that he died.  And many of us, every December, return to that special feeling via songs, memories, etc. and share that "spirit" that perhaps was brought to us by that one dude. 

Is that real or not.

So this is just a fancy way of saying jesus was just some regular old dude that people still bother with today just because of tradition or habit.  I mean, in the case of Santa, it's just the date that triggers these events so it's not like we're all-fired up with Santa year-round (though the ad agencies would love it if they could find a way to sort that out).

mwc

• Like 3

The point would be that we remember the spirit of someone and sometimes choose the higher path in their name/ memory.....which is a reality.

Regarding whether Jesus was who He said He was......that's a whole discussion in itself.