Goodbye Jesus

Christian Friends Finding Out About Me

RedFox

The Xian I am with the most played a game of Truth and Dare and asked me what my dark secret was. I used this as a chance to tell him about me not believing and I was sure to tell him that it wasn't "dark" to me because I don't feel bad about me not believing. He said he suspected it for some time and that others did. He also said that he'd tell other people about it. I hope it won't get out of hand with tons of people trying to witness to me.

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RedFox

• Amethyst

• Manta

• Antlerman

Now the Xian said he won't talk to me for at least 50 days. He asked me about my persective and he threw verses at me and didn't understand things I was telling him, like sin being a religious concept, because it's defined by religions with no evidence of it being part of the fabric of the universe. At least I know a Xian who offered to talk with the other Xian. He has experience with atheists and doesn't try to thump them with bibles, so he could explain atheism.

If he won't even talk to you because he is prejudiced about your atheism, it is not worth continuing your friendship, much less sharing a dorm with him.

If he won't even talk to you because he is prejudiced about your atheism, it is not worth continuing your friendship, much less sharing a dorm with him.

The apartment I'll live in has 2 bedrooms for 2 people each. One of the Xians decided to transfer to another school that his visited mainly to witness to them. I think it's probable that housing operations would pick somebody else during the summer or early in the fall. I estimated that the fundie Xians make up only a few percent, maybe 3%, of the school's student population. So chances are, the new person would not care about the fundie stuff and balance out things. Maybe I could get it set up so I don't share a bedroom with the Xian who won't talk with me.

But if the fundies only make up 3% of the student population, why share an apartment with them, much less a bedroom? How long is your lease for? Did you sign it already?

But if the fundies only make up 3% of the student population, why share an apartment with them, much less a bedroom? How long is your lease for? Did you sign it already?

It turned out the one who will transfer will do so after getting a degree at the school here, so he'll still be in the apartment. I got the apartment with them because I used to be a Xian during my freshman year, so that's how I know those people. I really wanted an apartment and thought I could deal with the fundies because I could deal with 3 Xian roommates in succession.

The lease is for about 9 months and I already signed it.

Well, then you're kind of screwed (at least, for 9 months).

I really hope you can get a room without the fundie. I shared a cube with a fundie at work for 8 months or so. It was all I could do to stay sane.

If you can put up with it, you're a stronger person that I am.

At least two more of the Xians found out about me, probably because of the first one telling them. Now all 3 of the Xians who will share the apartment with me know. Now they have the whole summer to get used to who I am.

At least two more of the Xians found out about me, probably because of the first one telling them. Now all 3 of the Xians who will share the apartment with me know. Now they have the whole summer to get used to who I am. One of them came up to me and said something like "Hey, you don't believe in God? Don't you realize that you sin? Heaven won't accept any sinners! They'd go to Hell!" Then the other one who just found out reminded him of their belief that everybody were sinners.

One of them came up to me and said something like "Hey, you don't believe in God? Don't you realize that you sin? Heaven won't accept any sinners! They'd go to Hell!"

There is no way that I would put up with that crap for 9 months. But you seem pretty confident. Good luck.

One of them came up to me and said something like "Hey, you don't believe in God? Don't you realize that you sin? Heaven won't accept any sinners! They'd go to Hell!"

Standard answer: "Well, I'd rather be there, than in heaven with you."

One of them came up to me and said something like "Hey, you don't believe in God? Don't you realize that you sin? Heaven won't accept any sinners! They'd go to Hell!" Then the other one who just found out reminded him of their belief that everybody were sinners.

If these guys turn out to be a problem, you might try finding out what their doctrinal differences are and using those to play your room mates off against each other. You could play the old game of, "Let's you and him fight."

Just for fun of course. :HaHa:

The one who got upset last night and told me that Heaven didn't accept sinners also said "Hey! Don't you know how many believers there are? 50 million! Think about that!" I guess that he's not counting the nearly 1 billion Catholics as saved. I wonder what he would think of Revelation 14 where only 144,000 celibate men would be saved.

Eat dung! A billion flies can't be wrong!

Three of the Xians came after me last night and proceeded to show me verses and ask things like if I wanted to go to heaven or hell. They also said that if no person could create air, flowers, animals or water, then there must be a god that did. They put down scientists as if they were merely trying to imitate their god. :angry:

They talked about Jesus dying to forgive sins, heaven and hell and the book of life. They said that it didn't matter if somebody did a lot of good, if their name wasn't in the book, they'd go into the lake of fire. :ugh: I'd throw the damn book into the lake of fire. I told them that I went to some bible studies to learn about the bible. They said it wasn't enough; I must accept Jesus as the savior to get my name into the book. They were using heaven as a carrot and hell as a bogeyland.

They also said that they didn't know what was in my heart, but their god did. It seems like that was meant to scare people into not lying to any gods that may be watching and reading their minds. I said yes to make them think I was saved to make them shut up. But now they could wave me as their trophy. :(

Right after that, I met an agnostic friend of mine so I would have somebody sane to talk to. We played Monopoly and he won with a hotel on Broadway. I also talked to an agnostic xian friend and he said the witnessing the 3 xians did on me was terrible. He had been doing apologetics for longer than any of those xians had understood their religion.

Here's the housing policy on solicitation, including proselytizing.

Solicitation

Solicitation or canvassing of any kind by a resident or others, without

the prior consent of Residence Life, will not be permitted in, or about

the premises. Any money-making form of business operated from

RIT housing is prohibited.

Proselytizing (religious solicitation) is prohibited.

So I could get those 3 xians for violating housing policy. :nono:

They did this in only half an hour. One of my former xian roommates is happy now, but I don't know what another former xian roomie would think. I think he's smart enough to think it's fishy that a hardcore atheist who he talked with until 4 AM converted in only half an hour. :Hmm:

One of my former xian roommates is happy now, but I don't know what another former xian roomie would think. I think he's smart enough to think it's fishy that a hardcore atheist who he talked with until 4 AM converted in only half an hour. :Hmm:
And now, the punchline: "Sorry, I've fallen away again. Can't be saved now, don't bother me about this again. (insert NT reference here)"

That punchline reminds me of when I showed one of the xians the verses about the Unforgiveable Sin. He agreed that it was the only exception to Jesus forgiving all sins. I already did it plenty of times before they "saved" me last night, so the saving is null and void. I'll do it again here: The Holy Ghost is Satanic because he's God celebrating Halloween, Satan's favorite night, as a ghost.

They said some silly things to me like if I feel a tickle on my feet or a tap on my shoulders in bed, then that's God. If there's flashes of light in bed, then that's the Holy Ghost. I see flashes of light when I cough in the dark when the pressure simulates the neurons vision system. My vision psychophysics professor demostrated that by telling us where to apply pressure with our eyes closed.

The xian who didn't talk to me unitl I was "saved' said he stopped talking to me so I could think about it and See the Light. If I tell him that I did the Unforgiveable Sin, it would be useless for him to shun me again because he'd think I'm already done for.

I'll add that they told me that I was a "baby xian" because I just got "saved," as if my 7 years of going to Sunday school and Catholic church didn't count. Those xians think that Catholics are confusing, screwy and not real xians. One of them showed me the verses in the Paul letters about women and men having to have long and short hair respectfully. The funny thing about this is that particular xian is a woman with short hair. I told them that I wasn't a Paulie Christian. That's true anyway because I'm not a xian anyway. One of the three who "saved" me is a RA, so she works for housing. So that makes the violation of the housing policy, if it really is a violation, more serious. :eek:

Seriously, this is too much for you, they're pulling on the one trick that never fails, outnumbering you.

Know that if you had any of them on a one-to-one, that you could take them apart with your arguments. Don't hold back, even for the sake of politeness, they've been telling you you'll go to hell after all. And if any of them has the audacity to give you a bible, even in the purest of intentinos, be sure to dispose of it.

One of them offered me a bible. I didn't take it. If he makes me take it, I'll take care of it. I'll figure out how to tell them that I did the unforgivable sin and see if it makes them shut up.

I showed the xians the verses regarding the unforgivable sin. One of them was one of the three who "saved" me. She said that she couldn't answer me about the issue herself, so she'll get the two others to help her answer it tomorrow. She also showed me 1 Corinthians 5:12-13 that said that those verses allowed her to judge people in the church and made the Thou shall not judge lest you be judged" prohibit judging only people outside the church. She then judged my hair too long and her hair, which just touches her shoulders, as long enough. She thinks women have more flexiablity. But the Paul stuff she showed me before doesn't seem to allow for that.

I reminded the xian who shunned me of the Brick Testament and we showed it to her. We showed her the parts about Paul's instructions for women and talked about his requirement of veils for women in church and how their hair should be removed if they don't wear a veil and how they should keep quiet in church, even if there's fire. She muddled the water by saying that women got their hair shaved off because they were lesibans or promiscuous. She wasn't paying attenion to what the bible was saying; that women got shaved because of not wearing veils in churches. She doesn't wear veils or keep quiet in church, so why is she trying to get me to follow Paul?

I went to see those xians at dinner becaue I wanted to get my board games back from the one who shunned me and to get back a little bit of money he owed me. I got the games back, but he keeps using some verse to tell me that I shouldn't except money back, even if he said he would pay it back. I'm not going to lend him any more money.

The xian who didn't like my hair saw that I was getting sleepy and thought I was depressed and told me to go for a walk to wake up. Then the xian who won't pay me back said that I should go see a counselor and get medicine. I had classes starting early the next day, so I got out of there to get some sleep.

Tomorrow I'll see what they think of the unforgivable sin stuff. I already showed it to the xian who won't pay me back. He understood what it meant. The xian who didn't like my hair wanted help from the other 2 xians who "saved" me, so I'll have to see what they have to say. Hopefully I can get them to understand without them muddying the waters. The one who won't pay me back tried to muddy the waters by saying it meant sex before marriage was unforgivable. No, it wasn't what the verses were talking about, it was talking about speaking bad of the holy ghost as being the unforgivable sin. Once they understand, I could ask them if it's worth trying to witness to people who did it, and then I'll tell them that I did it before they "saved" me. Hopefully, they would shut up and not bother me.

Classic Politician's trick, avoiding the question and fudging reason.

You have them on the ropes now, you've caught them in the act of rationalising clear-cut quotes from the bible into something which suits them better. Keep at it, and show them what a sexist god they believe in. Ask your little Miss Perfect what she's doing in university at all, she should have a husband by now and be sitting at home silently and generally being a sex object and a baby making machine. At least, that's what the their bible says.

P.S. to save confusion, would you jsut name the people in question rather than referring to them by their actions?

The one who didn't pay me back is Scott. He also asked me who made the pretty trees, grass, dirt and pretty days. I asked him how long ago the creation happened. He said ten thousand years. Today I sent him links to pages about things like Sedna and comets with orbital periods longer than that and he didn't criticalize them.

The one who picks on me about my hair and doesn't really follow Paul is Linh. She is one of the three who "saved" me along with Mebo and Aju. Mebo is the one who is also a RA. Another one who thinks I should cut my hair is Andrew.

The former roommate who was surprised about me being "saved" is Ben. The other former roommate who may smell something fishy is Tim.

The xians who came after me the first time they heard that I was an atheist from Tim are Dan and Scott.

The xians I will live with next year in the apartment are Scott, Shawn and Chas. Shawn is cool and Chas is nutty. Chas is the one who told me that there were 50 million saved people. Gabe and Raj are other cool xians who haven't picked on me so much. Raj said that Scott was like a baby and Gabe agreed.

Thanks for the trick. I'll use it on them once I establish that I am not saved and never can be, hopefully by using the unforgivable sin verses tonight.

I showed the xians the verses regarding the unforgivable sin. One of them was one of the three who "saved" me. She said that she couldn't answer me about the issue herself, so she'll get the two others to help her answer it tomorrow. She also showed me 1 Corinthians 5:12-13 that said that those verses allowed her to judge people in the church and made the Thou shall not judge lest you be judged" prohibit judging only people outside the church. She then judged my hair too long and her hair, which just touches her shoulders, as long enough. She thinks women have more flexiablity. But the Paul stuff she showed me before doesn't seem to allow for that.

WTF? She honestly thinks that people are going to hell for not having the proper hair length? :twitch:

I've never met a Christian who actually believed that. They must be in a really culty church.

The xians I wanted to tell the unforgivable sin stuff to were busy, so I'll need to do it another day. Linh and Scott thought I was sleeping too much and that it meant I was depressed and needed counseling and medicine. I was actually catching up on sleep because of the xians wasting my time the night before.

They also plan on dragging me to church tomorrow to tell people that I got "saved." I can avoid that by hiding from the xians in any of several places, like a gay club's meeting. I know some people who go to that club and they are much better friends than the xians are. I'll also be doing some astronomy work on the weekends, so I'll be at the school's observatory, far away from the xians.