Goodbye Jesus

Christian Friends Finding Out About Me

RedFox

You shouldn't need to hide anywhere.

No-one can force you to do anything, going to church especially.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RedFox

• Amethyst

• Manta

• Antlerman

Why, exactly, are you playing semantics games with these fundies?

Report the RA to housing for solicitation.

Tell the dumbass fundies that it's nice that there are 50 million "saved", but there's 6 billion people in the world. If my math is correct (and someone please correct me if it is not), that means that the ratio of unbelievers to believers is 120:1 . Well, YOU outnumber THEM.

Also, let them know that religion is not up for discussion with you, if they want to be brainwashed, that's their problem, not yours, and you don't have to tolerate their crap.

Stop trying to rationalize or justify to them. They will tap dance around any commentary you make, and even if they admit that your argument against Christianity is rational, they'll COMPLETELY ignore it. After all, reason has NO bearing on religion.

Stop pussyfooting around. Either tell them to knock it off, or prepare to spend a very miserable nine months or so playing stupid games with these motherfuckers.

I talked to the xians about the unforgivable sin stuff and they said that their god won't forgive it, but if a believer is sorry about it, then it will be forgiven. What part of UNforgivable don't they understand? You're right, they're tap dancing around me. Maybe I should just let them think I'm saved so they won't bother me anymore. But maybe they'll come after me again anyway because they expect themselves to "support" each other. They also told people about me being "saved" at their bible study and at church last night.

I guess they'd let me lead at their bible studies sometimes, so I could have them think about things. At today's study, they talked about witnessing to people and how unbelievers felt bad and had problems and how it was better to believe with no questions asked, rather than use science and how people asking for physical evidence was baaaaad. Their minds malfunction when they think of religous things. They also talked of being good examples of xians. Maybe I should be a good example of a nonbeliever when I live with them.

If I tell on the RA, they'd be mad and might witness like mad at me when I live with them in the apartment. One of them started to witness to me when we were off campus, then picked it up later when we were on campus in the dorms. Maybe they could say that since they started off campus, they'd be able to witness to me because I knew what they wanted to do already. Then I could say that I didn't like the witnessing off campus, so I didn't have to like the witnessing on campus. The RA wasn't the one who witnessed to me off campus, but joined that person when they witnessed to me on campus.

I feel like doing things passively like putting quotes and sayings into my IM profiles that would tip them off. They might think that those were "old" and remind me to take them out like they asked me to do with my facebook groups. I set up my facebook to show my group memberships only to people who won't mind. I'm also thinking of sending an email to Tim, my former xian roomie who should be smart enough to smell something fishy about a hardcore atheist being converted in less than half an hour by three amateur prosetylizers. He respects me as a person and a friend, so I'm sure he'd listen to me.

Is there any way at all that you can get out of your lease? Depends on the landlord but sometimes you can pay a month or two worth of rent ahead of schedule, and they may let you get out of it if they are reasonably nice. That's what I'd do if I were you. Of course, having had problems with roommates before, I wouldn't have one anyway even if I had to work two jobs to pay the rent.

Go talk to whoever is in charge of student housing, and see if you can get another dorm by yourself or with a non-fundy roommate.

If you are afraid of them spying on your Internet life, if you don't trust them not (and this is key), you probably should not live with them if you can possibly help it. Trust is really important when you are sharing close quarters with someone.

I plan on somehow telling them that I'm not "saved" by the time we live in the apartment. Housing doesn't let people choose people based on things like race and religion. Scott said or kidded that he'd have me kicked out, but he cannot do that because that's choosing people on a religous basis. They'll have to put up with my little geological timeline and paleomaps projects. :wicked: If they know about me, then I shouldn't be afraid of them seeing what sites I visit. :Wendywhatever: Linh, the one who bothers me about my hair, will be gone next year. Chas, the one who claimed 50 million saved, will be gone in 2 years, so when we renew our apartment lease, we'll have an empty place or a new person.

You shouldn't have to tell housing why you don't want to live with them. It's about being able to get along with people. Do you think you will be able to get along without being at each other's throats for a year? If not, just say there is a personality conflict. You shouldn't have to tell them why.

It sounds like you are bound and determined to go through with this no matter how nuts they drive you. Good luck.

i agree w/ ms k...but i also think your theological understanding of xianity should be sufficient to defend your own beliefs, at least enuf that they back off.