Goodbye Jesus

The devil tricked you into believing that your intellect is superior to God's message

SerenelyBlue

1 hour ago, SerenelyBlue said:

I am happy thank you.

Glad to hear it. 

5 hours ago, SerenelyBlue said:

Speaking in tongues is scriptural.  1st Corinthians.  Your family do not read their Bible enough.

.. I would venture to say there is no one on this site that read the bible more than they did!

So you have never been a true christian then. You are of the devil! The devil is speaking to you ... not god!

28 minutes ago, SerenelyBlue said:

I am learning by the day.  I don't understand everything either.  For some reason God is using an imperfect document to reach children.

... your getting there .... slowly! One day you will learn WHY the document is imperfect!

52 minutes ago, mwc said:

That's one pretty smart god.

When I want people to understand me I try to be as clear as possible so everyone can understand but this guy just wants to shame people who think they're smarter than he is even if communication suffers.

mwc

Thinking many of the people God used, they did so by faith.  Maybe it's us that need the answers.....like Eve.

1 minute ago, end3 said:

Thinking many of the people God used, they did so by faith.  Maybe it's us that need the answers.....like Eve.

I'm not so sure about that.  I can't recall too many of the "greats" being convinced to do anything because they read a story about something that had supposedly happened "Once upon a time...".  I suppose we're talking about a different sort of faith.

mwc

19 minutes ago, mwc said:

I'm not so sure about that.  I can't recall too many of the "greats" being convinced to do anything because they read a story about something that had supposedly happened "Once upon a time...".  I suppose we're talking about a different sort of faith.

mwc

Just saying whether it be the Bible or the Spirit or God talking directly to someone, like Eve, I understand you saying that it's not always clear.  What I am saying is Eve seemed not to want to wait on God to be "like them"; and I don't think we are willing to wait on God when we don't get the answers we are wanting at the time either.  If our experience is laid out as a process, our needing answers for process 17 might not be in line with the process 7 which is occurring at the moment.    Just a thought.

7 hours ago, SerenelyBlue said:

I have the gift of discernment of spirits.  I know when the message is from God.

The Flying Spaghetti Monster says you're full of baloney.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, SerenelyBlue said:

Speaking in tongues is scriptural.  1st Corinthians.  Your family do not read their Bible enough.

• Haha 1

• Super Moderator

Well, I'm glad the devil is willing to do something for me.  jesus sure as hell never was.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, SerenelyBlue said:

I have the gift of discernment of spirits.  I know when the message is from God.

"The devil tricked you into believing that your intellect is superior."

• Super Moderator
17 minutes ago, ag_NO_stic said:

"The devil tricked you into believing that your intellect is superior."

Related image

5 hours ago, SerenelyBlue said:

I am learning by the day.  I don't understand everything either.  For some reason God is using an imperfect document to reach children.

Yes, you know to much now that you have to weave in your opposing beliefs. I wonder how you will fair going back into the Christian community with idea's like "The Bible is imperfect"

5 hours ago, end3 said:

"My people perish because of the lack of knowledge" not faith end3

• Super Moderator
8 minutes ago, theanticrash said:

"My people perish because of the lack of knowledge" not faith end3

Wait though.  Didn't death come into the world because of knowledge?  How can we perish for lack of knowledge and also perish for having knowledge?  Is there some weird middle ground where we know just enough not to die?  Is this a prophetic foreshadowing of the Dunning-Kruger effect?  This must explain precisely why god is always so vague: he isn't smart enough to know how stupid he is; nor how intelligent we are.

• Haha 2

• Super Moderator
21 minutes ago, end3 said:

Two different situations.....try again....oy.

Explain how the situations are different.

50 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Wait though.  Didn't death come into the world because of knowledge?  How can we perish for lack of knowledge and also perish for having knowledge?  Is there some weird middle ground where we know just enough not to die?  Is this a prophetic foreshadowing of the Dunning-Kruger effect?  This must explain precisely why god is always so vague: he isn't smart enough to know how stupid he is; nor how intelligent we are.

Ah, semantics.

15 hours ago, SerenelyBlue said:

Hm. It seems like you believe you are the ultimate authority on spirituality and God. It's about your own, human, authority to you, after all.

• Super Moderator
11 hours ago, SerenelyBlue said:

I am happy thank you.

You are also happy when you are on the other end of the spectrum.

17 hours ago, end3 said:

Just saying whether it be the Bible or the Spirit or God talking directly to someone, like Eve, I understand you saying that it's not always clear.  What I am saying is Eve seemed not to want to wait on God to be "like them"; and I don't think we are willing to wait on God when we don't get the answers we are wanting at the time either.  If our experience is laid out as a process, our needing answers for process 17 might not be in line with the process 7 which is occurring at the moment.    Just a thought.

I am working hard to comprehend what is being said here.  I think Kev is more clear with word the jumbles he posts.  But if I'm distilling this down correctly I'm essentially seeing "everything in due course" or "when the time is right" (however you prefer).

The whole point of the OP, as I understand it, is that god would intentionally use a method of communication that would leave a group of people out simply for the purpose of shaming them.  That's just poor form.  If his true intent was their salvation then reaching the widest audience with the clearest communication would be the best way to go even if it meant foregoing the shaming of some group.

mwc

5 hours ago, mwc said:

I am working hard to comprehend what is being said here.  I think Kev is more clear with word the jumbles he posts.  But if I'm distilling this down correctly I'm essentially seeing "everything in due course" or "when the time is right" (however you prefer).

The whole point of the OP, as I understand it, is that god would intentionally use a method of communication that would leave a group of people out simply for the purpose of shaming them.  That's just poor form.  If his true intent was their salvation then reaching the widest audience with the clearest communication would be the best way to go even if it meant foregoing the shaming of some group.

mwc

I guess this would imply that God created a certain population, intelligent, though unable to Spiritually 'hear". Do you believe this to be the case?  I'm thinking more along the lines that there is a population that feels it foolish, for various reasons, that they are more intelligent and will traverse life on their own......which is why I was referencing Eve.....she circumventing God's path.

1 minute ago, end3 said:

I guess this would imply that God created a certain population, intelligent, though unable to Spiritually 'hear". Do you believe this to be the case?  I'm thinking more along the lines that there is a population that feels it foolish, for various reasons, that they are more intelligent and will traverse life on their own......which is why I was referencing Eve.....she circumventing God's path.

I don't think the quote states any such thing.  Let me look it up:

But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.

It's a lot more than this (I'm not going to post the whole thing).  But it's not about "in due time."  It's about juxtaposition.

mwc

18 minutes ago, mwc said:

I don't think the quote states any such thing.  Let me look it up:

It's a lot more than this (I'm not going to post the whole thing).  But it's not about "in due time."  It's about juxtaposition.

mwc

Well I was wrong admittedly.....it's so no one will boast of their position....

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, end3 said:

Was Eve too dumb to know how smart she was; or too smart to realize her own stupidity?

1 hour ago, end3 said:

Well I was wrong admittedly.....it's so no one will boast of their position....

Or it could be exactly in order to get them to boast about their exellence and later have it backfire on them.

Also, it's just a bible writer's interpretation of... something. (Cannot be arsed to look it up.) I sure hope he had God guiding his quill, lol. I mean sure it's a bit profound but it's basically Sun Tzu. It's just strategy.