Goodbye Jesus

The devil tricked you into believing that your intellect is superior to God's message

SerenelyBlue

• Super Moderator
3 minutes ago, end3 said:

Don't be a tough guy....it's unbecoming.  No one want's hell, no one wants to believe hell is a possibility.  No one truthfully wishes hell on someone else.

This isn't bravado on my part, End3.  This is a carefully considered intellectual position I have taken based upon the nature of god as it is revealed in his "word".  His lack of morals is appalling, his hypocrisy shameful, his lust for blood (even that of his own son) is shocking.  This creature you call "god" is despicable to the point that it would destroy everything I stand for and hold true, namely my integrity and intellect, to ever kneel and declare him "lord".  If hell is the only other option, then I accept it, whether I want it or not; my integrity demands it.

Goodbye Jesus
4 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

This isn't bravado on my part, End3.  This is a carefully considered intellectual position I have taken based upon the nature of god as it is revealed in his "word".  His lack of morals is appalling, his hypocrisy shameful, his lust for blood (even that of his own son) is shocking.  This creature you call "god" is despicable to the point that it would destroy everything I stand for and hold true, namely my integrity and intellect, to ever kneel and declare him "lord".  If hell is the only other option, then I accept it, whether I want it or not; my integrity demands it.

From my perspective, this isn't how you are coming across.  Rather, you seem defiant and determined to use your intellect to hold your ground.  And there is a touch of anger in there as well.  I don't see your stance as totally an exercise in thought, but having emotional ties to the past.  Just an opinion. 

• Super Moderator
24 minutes ago, end3 said:

I think some of you have resigned yourselves to non-belief regardless....sold out basically.

No, either you CAN believe or you simply CAN'T. Those who can believe are generally brought into it by an emotional plea. Once accepted it's a struggle to square it with cognitive information and process, you have to really want to believe it's true despite all evidence to the contrary. Most people here have experienced that struggle and don't come to their conclusion lightly.

I know Christianity in general likes to portray those who don't believe or, in particular, have left the religion as being people who want to sin. Trust me, it's not like that at all. You can't just decide to believe the unbelievable when you have every bit of logic and experience clearly demonstrating the fairy tale isn't factually true. Better to try to make a case for the Bible being relevant mythology, allegory and morality tales.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:00 PM, SerenelyBlue said:

I have the gift of discernment of spirits.  I know when the message is from God.

We aren't in any way arrogant are we?

And it's not our fault God's message is a hodge podge of vague ramblings mixed with mythical tales and incorrect history. It's also not our fault God demands we believe in extraordinary things for which there is no evidence. He's God, he knows what each of us would require in order to believe. Why doesn't he produce it? Stop using the poor devil as the scape goat. If God is omniscient and omnipotent then everything else, including the devil and our intellect, is meaningless.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
2 minutes ago, end3 said:

From my perspective, this isn't how you are coming across.  Rather, you seem defiant and determined to use your intellect to hold your ground.  And there is a touch of anger in there as well.  I don't see your stance as totally an exercise in thought, but having emotional ties to the past.  Just an opinion. 

Of course there is defiance, as there should be, and anger.  The god described in the bible is a morally bankrupt, maniacal, diabolical, megalomaniacal, despotic, genocidal, hypocritical, egomaniacal, blood-thirsty LIAR, who demands worship for his worst attributes.  If he IS the only option we have for a god, then I will defy him as a righteous man should defy any unjust oppressor, for that is what he is.  The only thing required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing; and the iniquitous depravity of your god should be met with the pugnaciousness of justice and morality.  If hell is the consequence I suffer, then it speaks more of god's character than mine.

What sort of person would worship such a beast?

I am sorry, I switch to agnostic.

5 hours ago, SerenelyBlue said:

No need to apologise man. I know we throw hard words around in the den, but no matter what you believe I wish you all the best.

On 7/26/2018 at 9:17 AM, florduh said:

No, either you CAN believe or you simply CAN'T. Those who can believe are generally brought into it by an emotional plea. Once accepted it's a struggle to square it with cognitive information and process, you have to really want to believe it's true despite all evidence to the contrary. Most people here have experienced that struggle and don't come to their conclusion lightly.

Florduh, you are dead right. 

From what I now see many people cling to christianity (religion) like the person who will not face up to his diagnosis of cancer. It is an actual airy fairy feeling to believe somehow we are above every other living form of life on the planet and will be the only ones with eternal life and end up in some glorious kingdom! It is not necessarily easy to accept life WILL one day end and what one has here is at best likely all there will be. To actually face realities that lead to finding the christian god is NO different than gods of other religions and was produced at the same time with similar vile human intentions is NOT easy for the believer! It in my opinion is NO different to the cancer denier facing up to the facts that he HAS cancer! I personally would rather face facts! It works in every other aspect of our lives so why should religion be different?

6 hours ago, SerenelyBlue said:

don't be sorry SB, and no need to take a new title! Being agnostic is only another title loved by christians to try and help them understand people who are different from them! Keep them confused!

It's hard enough to be a Christian in this subforum....let alone having difficulty with mental swings.  I think there is only one maybe two people that were ok with Blue just being Blue.  The rest of you pukes stink.  Have to have your way....jackasses.  That's you Chris.

• Super Moderator
8 minutes ago, end3 said:

It's hard enough to be a Christian in this subforum....let alone having difficulty with mental swings.  I think there is only one maybe two people that were ok with Blue just being Blue.  The rest of you pukes stink.  Have to have your way....jackasses.  That's you Chris.

Yes, we're jackasses for worrying about his mental health and his meds.  The christian thing to do would have been to send thoughts and prayers.  Fuck us.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

end3 certainly doesn't have a spectrum of different behaviors. He's always a dick. (Love you, man!) 😘

We can swear we're atheist or that we're theist, but as long as we have a single doubt about it we're actually both. In that sense it doesn't matter much what we say we are. Just say what is wise to say to accomplish what you need.

Besides, if there's a god, I'm sure he sees right through us anyway, so there's simply no need to fret. I doubt you can hustle yourself to heaven with words so you can just as well state the truth about your beliefs. Sure, the congregation might be outraged but who are they anyway? Well... I guess they might burn you on a stake so there's that.

30 minutes ago, end3 said:

Eeeeeep.

1 hour ago, florduh said:

end3 certainly doesn't have a spectrum of different behaviors. He's always a dick. (Love you, man!) 😘

At least I’m dick enough to not contribute to his illness...dumbass.

On 7/26/2018 at 8:41 AM, end3 said:

I think some of you have resigned yourselves to non-belief regardless....sold out basically.  I see that as ego rather than anything else.  But it's a choice.

I think its comments like this that have got some of us going ... you have bought other issues into this posting End ... nothing to do with SB!!

You appear to be the one with the ego problem!

41 minutes ago, Realist said:

I think its comments like this that have got some of us going ... you have bought other issues into this posting End ... nothing to do with SB!!

You appear to be the one with the ego problem!

What I was trying to convey in that statement was there seem to be ex Christians that once the are on the edge of giving up, they just give up hope for restoration and jump ship totally......but inside, there is sadness and their hope is still there very dimly lit, but they outwardly give in to the pressure.....join with the ex sheeples.

I don't see ego in this statement...just an observation.

If you're talking about derailing the thread....it's hard to watch y'all pick apart people like fucking buzzards on roadkill. 

10 minutes ago, end3 said:

...it's hard to watch y'all pick apart people like fucking buzzards on roadkill. 

... of course that would never happen to an atheist for instance on a christian site!

End, I have enough respect for people who want to believe what they want, that I have NEVER ventured onto a christian site and never intend to ... and I would have GOOD reason to do so!

The difference is when the bullshit starts here ... this site is called ex-christian for a reason.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SerenelyBlue said:

As long as you're happy H. Still hope you're doing alright. 

• Like 1

Well, we can gather that the Lions Den is for part of the healing process.  Some of you have just healed more than others...

11 minutes ago, end3 said:

there seem to be ex Christians that once the are on the edge of giving up, they just give up hope for restoration and jump ship totally

... this is the bit you are having trouble seeing too End. Most ex-christians have never got to the stage that they suddenly decide just to give up! For most it has been an extremely LONG difficult process! It is filled with the utmost pain! I took 30 years to really get to the bottom of it! You are belittling their struggles when you say that!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, end3 said:

What I was trying to convey in that statement was there seem to be ex Christians that once the are on the edge of giving up, they just give up hope for restoration and jump ship totally......but inside, there is sadness and their hope is still there very dimly lit, but they outwardly give in to the pressure.....join with the ex sheeples.

I don't see ego in this statement...just an observation.

If you're talking about derailing the thread....it's hard to watch y'all pick apart people like fucking buzzards on roadkill. 

I had that dimly lit flame about two weeks ago spark up into a frenzy for your god. I was revisiting the possibility of a creator who actually was going to be there for me. But sadly this god vanished like a vapor, leaving no lasting impression. I just couldn't manage to convince myself that your god gives a hoot, I ended up exactly like SB (But I kept myself from online activities for the duration)

Why end3 does your God just have no visible effect on anything, as if he's not really there. Is it to much to ask to be mentally sound? Your God can do anything (Nothing is impossible for him) But when you face him (The idea of him) and ask for something you know you desperately need, you end up empty

As if he's not really there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, theanticrash said:

I had that dimly lit flame about two weeks ago spark up into a frenzy for your god. I was revisiting the possibility of a creator who actually was going to be there for me. But sadly this god vanished like a vapor, leaving no lasting impression. I just couldn't manage to convince myself that your god gives a hoot, I ended up exactly like SB (But I kept myself from online activities for the duration)

Why end3 does your God just have no visible effect on anything, as if he's not really there. Is it to much to ask to be mentally sound? Your God can do anything (Nothing is impossible for him) But when you face him (The idea of him) and ask for something you know you desperately need, you end up empty

As if he's not really there.

Yes, if you start feeling like that just take a step back and start reasoning through the situation. It's so absurd to focus in on. It's beyond ridiculous to imagine a reality such as described in piece meal throughout the bible, and then woven together one diverse piece by piece into something that sort of resembles a coherent cover to cover story. It's just so contradicting from the outset and so obvious that it's a thrown together collection of diverse thoughts and beliefs from various factions rolled into one - square pegs sitting above round holes. Many of which stem from offering jewish versions of the older pagan myths. 

The crutch here is the pull to want to believe in the supernatural. If you don't manage to gain a pretty all encompassing naturalist view then being subject to wanting to divert to supernatural explanations will probably remain on the back burner. And by wide a mean a real wide naturalist world view, so wide that you can entertain the notions of psychic powers, magic, ghosts and all variety of things generally considered supernatural, if proven correct, to simply be natural aspects of the natural world only recently discovered for their natural explanations, if proven as such.

If you don't have an extremely broad naturalist view, then these things could all tend to draw one into supernaturalist speculation. Also, so broad in cosmology and science that you understand that the natural state of existence is the simplest explanation for what aspect of reality must be eternal, without beginning, and preceding the conditions of the BB. There's always simpler naturalistic explanations for just about anything you can encounter, think of, or entertain with conceptualization. 

15 hours ago, florduh said:

A 'spectrum', you say. :)