Goodbye Jesus

Kids Less Intelligent Than Ever

Reverend AtheiStar

Is that you're site? The link at the bottom in your sig, I mean. If it is, you have beautiful children. Just wanted to let you know : )

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reverend AtheiStar

• AtheistMommy

• Amanda

• Antlerman

I'm 16 and I think the teenagers need to take it to the Debate club.

If Creationism can't be proven, then off to the philosophy subject where the bad science goes to, where it deserves to be.

To the creationist teens, don't heckle the teacher till both of you can take it to the correct arena for debating sciences.

AtheiStar, what do you think of this?

BTW, I'm privately studying cosmology and evolution as well as reading up on Atheism and philosophy.

(Just to let you know if you're down that teens are rotting.)

I think we just all need to find a fellow Atheist and have lots of little Atheists, LOL... :lmao:

And that's just what we've done! We've increased the number of unbelievers by exactly two! :)

If Creationism can't be proven, then off to the philosophy subject where the bad science goes to, where it deserves to be.

To the creationist teens, don't heckle the teacher till both of you can take it to the correct arena for debating sciences.

AtheiStar, what do you think of this?

BTW, I'm privately studying cosmology and evolution as well as reading up on Atheism and philosophy.

(Just to let you know if you're down that teens are rotting.)

Whoah, you're a teen? You totally threw me with he "Geezer" in your name. I pictured you as a 60 something, balding male with lots of white! lol...

If we must have religion in school, perhaps, we could have a class called World Mythology and throw all the old religions, plus the new in. I worry about giving this to them, though, as the Christians would probably just use it as a chance to evangelize.

Yes. If you disagree, there is a proper, and intellectual, way to go about voicing your dissenting opinion.

I'm glad you're not rotting. A mind (I know it's cliche but it's true) is a terrible thing to waste. Fill your brain with as much knowledge as possible and expand your horizons!

Is that you're site? The link at the bottom in your sig, I mean. If it is, you have beautiful children. Just wanted to let you know : )

Yes and thank you. I went to your site also late last night...your children are as well. :grin:

Thanks.

:)Reverend AtheiStar, I don't understand why we have to insist on these students believing this material. IF they do come from fundy homes, it may be too overwhelming to deal with it. Why can't teachers just say that evolution is a prominent 'theory' right now... and you can believe it or not... however, you must know the material for the test. End of story. :shrug:

Not to be the devil's advocate here, but... I also think many students are dealing with harsh domestic problems. Kids are being raised with parents who have personality disorders, single parent homes, low income resources, high crime neighborhoods, uneducated/uninvolved parents, drugs floating around, undiagnosed learning disabilities, peer pressure, with many children being raised depressed and angry. Our school system seems to cater more to the faculty and staff than the students. The correlation between the courses and its application in life is practically nonexistent, and sitting down every day for so many years listening to a boring teacher gets 'old'. Florida classes have a high percentage of students that don't even speak english! Now what? Could it be that those 'rude' students are just calling out for help... again? :shrug:

That is an awesome idea. If only more schools promoted fomal debate. Maybe then we wouldn't have so many childish adults.

Yes and thank you. I went to your site also late last night...your children are as well. :grin:

:grin: Thank you :grin:

Not to be the devil's advocate here, but... I also think many students are dealing with harsh domestic problems. Kids are being raised with parents who have personality disorders, single parent homes, low income resources, high crime neighborhoods, uneducated/uninvolved parents, drugs floating around, undiagnosed learning disabilities, peer pressure, with many children being raised depressed and angry. Our school system seems to cater more to the faculty and staff than the students. The correlation between the courses and its application in life is practically nonexistent, and sitting down every day for so many years listening to a boring teacher gets 'old'. Florida classes have a high percentage of students that don't even speak english! Now what? Could it be that those 'rude' students are just calling out for help... again? :shrug:

Coming from a single parent home myself I'd have to say that school is the only rational place I had to go, besides the library. It's an escape from home. Why change that?

Their being 'rude' has more to do with how they have learn from their parents examples, under development of their fontal lobes, and ignorance than their situation at home. How do you explain those children who aren't rude and have the same circumstances at home (single parent and so on)? What's the major difference here?

I'll tell you. My mother is an "all-loving" "all-forgiving" christian who doesn't attend church. She seriously believes that people should be forgiving and love each other. Believe it or not she really lives by that. That is the major difference.

When I told her I was an Atheist, she said, "As long as your happy."

:)Reverend AtheiStar, I don't understand why we have to insist on these students believing this material. IF they do come from fundy homes, it may be too overwhelming to deal with it. Why can't teachers just say that evolution is a prominent 'theory' right now... and you can believe it or not... however, you must know the material for the test. End of story. :shrug:

Please tell me. Where did I insist the creationist kids had to believe it? I was speaking of the kids rude behavior. You can disbelieve something and still be polite. I have to do it all the time. Why can't they?

Why can't teachers just say that evolution is a prominent 'theory' right now...

the·o·ry ( P ) Pronunciation Key (th-r, thîr)

n. pl. the·o·ries

A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena.

The branch of a science or art consisting of its explanatory statements, accepted principles, and methods of analysis, as opposed to practice: a fine musician who had never studied theory.

A set of theorems that constitute a systematic view of a branch of mathematics.

Abstract reasoning; speculation: a decision based on experience rather than theory.

A belief or principle that guides action or assists comprehension or judgment: staked out the house on the theory that criminals usually return to the scene of the crime.

An assumption based on limited information or knowledge; a conjecture.

The probem that arises with using the word "theory" is that creationists like to take advanatge of yet another area of American ignorance, their own language. They like to frame evolution as "only a theory." Of course, they mean definition number 6. When scientists speak, they mean definition number 1. You see, creationism, any form of it, fits number 6, so it's a "theory." But it doesn't fit number 1, at all, so it's not a "theory." In accordance with the first, all creation myths fall under the term hypothesis:

A tentative explanation for an observation, phenomenon, or scientific problem that can be tested by further investigation.

Something taken to be true for the purpose of argument or investigation; an assumption.

The antecedent of a conditional statement.

This is why I cringe when I hear people saying that ID is a theory. No, it's not. No creation myth is. Not in the scientific realm it's trying to invade and infect. No, ID is merely an unsupported hypothesis.

If we must have religion in school, perhaps, we could have a class called World Mythology and throw all the old religions, plus the new in. I worry about giving this to them, though, as the Christians would probably just use it as a chance to evangelize.

You do know of course that the Christians would object wildly to their beliefs being included in a class on mythology? Just as they completely lack understanding of the word "theory" when applied to science, opting instead for the common meaning of "opinion" or "guess", they likewise understand the word "myth" to mean a falsehood. To them, all the other creation stories are myths because to them they are fabrications and lies. Mythology is simply a classification of a particular type of story and has zero value judgment inherent in it. It is they themselves who the ones are assigning a negative to it by judging every other myth system as "wrong".

Christianity operates on every single level as a mythology in the human experience, and zero levels as science. If it is supernatural, it is not science. Science does not deal with the supernatural. Why must they insist on it being something it is not? What exactly is the source of their apparent anxiety about their faith system that they need it accepted on this level?

Please tell me. Where did I insist the creationist kids had to believe it? I was speaking of the kids rude behavior. You can disbelieve something and still be polite. I have to do it all the time. Why can't they?

:)Reverend AtheiStar, I apologize for my miscommunicating to you. It just seems to me, these teachers in the article felt like it was their position to convince these students of evolution's validity. (Not that YOU think the student has to believe it.) These teachers seemed frustrated with these constant challenges from students. The teacher could just say that they can surely believe what they want... they just need to know about it enough to pass the test. That's all.

Sure these students could be polite! Perhaps they may have more serious emotional problems than being impolite though. It would certainly help any student to succeed in life, if they were to learn proper manners. Some, I suppose, seem to have a tendency to be less tolerant and less respectful of others who are not like themselves, unfortunately. Even some 'adults' do this...

BTW, FWIW, I definitely believe that evolution is the best explanation I've heard, of how life is as it is. IMO, if the student learns it... yet doesn't believe it... they may later change their mind.

This is why I cringe when I hear people saying that ID is a theory. No, it's not. No creation myth is. Not in the scientific realm it's trying to invade and infect.

A lot of us are not as knowledgeable scientifically as you are... nor have the intense passion for science as you. Thanks for your patience and sharing your insights. :)

A lot of us are not as knowledgeable scientifically as you are... nor have the intense passion for science as you. Thanks for your patience and sharing your insights. :)

You're welcome. Some call me passionate, my wife calls me OCD! lol... Either way, I have a love for science and writing, so expect a lot more in the future!

You do know of course that the Christians would object wildly to their beliefs being included in a class on mythology? Just as they completely lack understanding of the word "theory" when applied to science, opting instead for the common meaning of "opinion" or "guess", they likewise understand the word "myth" to mean a falsehood. To them, all the other creation stories are myths because to them they are fabrications and lies. Mythology is simply a classification of a particular type of story and has zero value judgment inherent in it. It is they themselves who the ones are assigning a negative to it by judging every other myth system as "wrong".

Christianity operates on every single level as a mythology in the human experience, and zero levels as science. If it is supernatural, it is not science. Science does not deal with the supernatural. Why must they insist on it being something it is not? What exactly is the source of their apparent anxiety about their faith system that they need it accepted on this level?

myth n.

A traditional, typically ancient story dealing with supernatural beings, ancestors, or heroes that serves as a fundamental type in the worldview of a people, as by explaining aspects of the natural world or delineating the psychology, customs, or ideals of society: the myth of Eros and Psyche; a creation myth.

Such stories considered as a group: the realm of myth.

A popular belief or story that has become associated with a person, institution, or occurrence, especially one considered to illustrate a cultural ideal: a star whose fame turned her into a myth; the pioneer myth of suburbia.

A fiction or half-truth, especially one that forms part of an ideology.

A fictitious story, person, or thing: “German artillery superiority on the Western Front was a myth” (Leon Wolff).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[New Latin mythus, from Late Latin mythos, from Greek muthos.]

Yes, I know they'd hate it -- but they'd finally have their place in the school. Just, to their horror, they'd have to share with thousands of other stories just like theirs. A pattern would become readily recognizable. Yahweh and Jesus just aren't unique. Their sad plagiarisms of ealier popular myths. This is actually one of the most powerful arguments against a historical Christ. What has been the Christain response to these obvious problems? The devil. Yes, it was Satan. He placed these false messiahs throughout history! <sigh> So lame. That's really the best they have. An appeal to fear.

They want Christianity to be scientific because they realize the power science holds over people. They realize that their religion, wrapped in science, makes it seem logical. This is something they sorely need. Unfortunately, the scientific coating can be easily seen through, or even scratched off. The ID crowd's embarassing misunderstanding (or intentional dishonesty) of the 2nd law of thermodynamics is good evidence of this! As are their methodologically unsound probability calculations when it comes to abiogenesis! Time and time again they show that they just are incapable of grasping simple evolutionary truths.

who cares... youre all wrong anyways! the earth hatched from a golden egg geez.... :grin:

Are they really that rude?

Yes, they are. Want me to go through each response and tell you what I think is wrong with it?

Mmm, yes please explain in what way these kids aren't like other adolescents. Have you grown up with premature adult-faced kids? These remarks are very typical. Their questions are not boring and balanced, but like this:
"How are you 100 percent sure that those bones belong to those animals? It could just be some deformed raccoon."
Why not respond with. "Ha, that's a good joke. But wait. This is a science class, I will give you some homework. Next time you have to bring with you a few photographs about the skelet of a raccoon. (Or even better a real skelet.) And we will compare them point by point together." If they disobey the teacher, he/she has an authority problem what is not really related with religion.

[...]while he's trying to give a presentation. After the presentation is over they should ask him questions politely and in turn.
That's how they did it in Europe 100 years ago. They are not giving a "presentation" like that anymore. Interruptions are part of a lesson, it's not a lecture or a conference.

"They're saying they don't know how to respond . . . They haven't done the research the kids have done on this," said Linda Froschauer, the group's president-elect.
I find this weird. They are teaching the subject. They should love it. They should know far more than whatever kid comes into class. It's a shame! Do they think knowledge comes from heaven or what? Also a teacher in science has to work with her/his brains!

It's part of our Zeitgeist to know how to defend the evolution theory against ID. It should be part of your cultural baggage.

"I heard that dinosaurs are only thousands of years old, like 6,000. Not millions," he said.

"That's wrong," Frisby responded briskly. "What can I tell you? You can't believe everything you read."

What's that for an answer? From what I read from the article Frisby is a competent teacher. It's physics to measure the age of rocks and he could have referred to that teacher.

Do you all think that these kids are particularly rude? SillyGeezer? What do you think?

PS: Many forum posters are writing "irrelevent". More than 4 million hits on "relevent". Where does it come from? An American deficiency? :wicked:

What's that for an answer? From what I read from the article Frisby is a competent teacher. It's physics to measure the age of rocks and he could have referred to that teacher.

Do you all think that these kids are particularly rude? SillyGeezer? What do you think?

PS: Many forum posters are writing "irrelevent". More than 4 million hits on "relevent". Where does it come from? An American deficiency?

Well, they're hecklers of course, but I encounter Christians in my class who reads out bible verses in a speech and pray before a shared lunch before everybody in school and they shake their heads at my pictures of Jesus smoking weed on my art bag yet they respect my right to say what I want.

At least we're lot more liberal than in America.

Here in NZ, they neglected to try to convert one of my most favourite hearing teachers, Mr White (Science Teacher) to Creationism even though he is atheist (Atheists and agnostics are something of a rarity in NZ, they number around 10,000)

New Zealand Christians are sort of like these naked women who walk down the streets in liberal European Countries, they doesn't care about what the schools teach as long as they attend their Samoan churches regularly and that they get their very small groups in school learning about creationism but otherwise, they're pretty much powerless even though NZ has 50% Christians in all of its population...

:shrug:

That said, if that style of evangelising ever caught on here, the teachers would have given the hypotheical Creationist students detention for rudeness and interrupting.

The science teachers I've met, they're like Southpark's style of humour, they piss on anyone that tries to cross them.

Not even fanatic Christians are safe from detention from these teachers.

Believe me, I've seen some some fundies get detention from these teachers.

One teacher had a "Sue me" look on their face.

And no lawsuit ever came of it.

Isn't that cool?

:woohoo:

Fundyism has gone out of style forever in NZ because of Brian Tamaki and other fundies from the 700 club and elsewhere.

Very few NZers know who Fred Phelps but they know who Brian, Pat, Falwell and is and they hate him.

Goes to show what a lucky place I live in.

:phew:

:wicked:

:grin:

who cares... youre all wrong anyways! the earth hatched from a golden egg geez.... :grin:

lol... No way! The universe was sneezed out of the nose of Great Archalseizure! Achew!

Mmm, yes please explain in what way these kids aren't like other adolescents.

Please explain how an argument from popularity excuses their behavior.

Have you grown up with premature adult-faced kids? These remarks are very typical.

I know, and this is why I can so easily see them for what they are. I've been there. I've acted this way. I know what rude is. These kids are rude.

Their questions are not boring and balanced, but like this:

"How are you 100 percent sure that those bones belong to those animals? It could just be some deformed raccoon."
Why not respond with. "Ha, that's a good joke. But wait. This is a science class, I will give you some homework. Next time you have to bring with you a few photographs about the skelet of a raccoon. (Or even better a real skelet.) And we will compare them point by point together."

His question is only meant to disrupt and score points with his creationist friends. It's not a valid question as he well knows that those bones don't belong to a raccoon or anything like it. Have you seen a racoon and a whale or any of it's ancestors? They look nothing a like. He may as well have called a giraffe skeleton a fish!

If they disobey the teacher, he/she has an authority problem what is not really related with religion.

<sigh> What did I say at the very beginning? What was the very first thing I said after I posted the article? Shall we review?

Apr 11 2006, 12:26 PM Post #3

You know, the problem I see here is not that there are opposing views. That's fine. The problem here is that these kids are rude. If someone is giving a speech and there's a heckler, that person is removed. Would the clergy of a church allow this kind of disruption? Why is this kid allowed to be such a jackass? Why is his disrespect and interruption tolerated? I'd kick the little asshole out of my class.

That's how they did it in Europe 100 years ago. They are not giving a "presentation" like that anymore. Interruptions are part of a lesson, it's not a lecture or a conference.

You know, there are teachers that work that way. It's not just some out dated European approach. I agree that this is not the only method, but I like it and I say we return to it.

There is another point, too. I really doubt that this kid raised his hand. That is the polite way to ask questions in a class. That I remember very clearly. You don't just burst out with your idiotic piece of comedy.

"They're saying they don't know how to respond . . . They haven't done the research the kids have done on this," said Linda Froschauer, the group's president-elect. I find this weird. They are teaching the subject. They should love it. They should know far more than whatever kid comes into class. It's a shame! Do they think knowledge comes from heaven or what? Also a teacher in science has to work with her/his brains!

I think you're approaching the problem from the wrong angle. It's not that they don't know the answers on the evolution side, it's that they are having problems with the religious assault on the science they are presenting. Many are apparently at a lack for words at how to respond to the way evolution is being attacked.

It's part of our Zeitgeist to know how to defend the evolution theory against ID. It should be part of your cultural baggage.

I agree. Aparently, though, our biology teachers are having hard time of it. A class full or religious hecklers doesn't sound like an easy audience to me -- whether you're learned in evolutionary theory or not. You have to have a cool head and a good sense of how to discipline these little hooligans as well as a brain full of knowledge to all the same recycled questions and objections these little clones regurgitate.

You are not reading the context surrounding his reply. You're approaching it like this is the first time it's happened. He's frustrated. He's a war-torn veteran. He has to deal with these brats on a daily basis and he's just worn out. That's what I get from him.

PS: Many forum posters are writing "irrelevent". More than 4 million hits on "relevent". Where does it come from? An American deficiency? :wicked:

I see now that I spelled it wrong. One letter off isn't that bad. Pardon me for giving into phonetics. It really does sound like it should be "vent" and not "vant," though. Wher does the need to use this word come from? I would say you can trace it's popularity to the popularity of laywer shows like Law & Order. I personally love them!

Fundyism has gone out of style forever in NZ because of Brian Tamaki and other fundies from the 700 club and elsewhere.

Very few NZers know who Fred Phelps but they know who Brian, Pat, Falwell and is and they hate him.

Goes to show what a lucky place I live in.

Fat Robberson and Scary Fartwell both live pretty close to me in my home state. You may hear about their shennanigans, but they're my neighbors!

NZ is cool, too, because they filmed LOTR there! How cool is that? Did you visit the set or meet any of the stars?

:lmao:

Mmm, yes please explain in what way these kids aren't like other adolescents. Have you grown up with premature adult-faced kids? These remarks are very typical. Their questions are not boring and balanced, but like this:

It is a fact that not all kids are alike no matter what age they are. It is also a fact that a child of school age often acts dramatically different at home than they do at school. I agree that the teacher could have redirected the students bad behavior. It's actually something I've been trying to teach my husband. He's catching on, but slowly. However, most teachers aren't schooled enough in child behavior and child development.

Why not respond with. "Ha, that's a good joke. But wait. This is a science class, I will give you some homework. Next time you have to bring with you a few photographs about the skelet of a raccoon. (Or even better a real skelet.) And we will compare them point by point together." If they disobey the teacher, he/she has an authority problem what is not really related with religion.

This might work for a little while, it might work on some children, however more than likely it's not going to last and they will find another way to get the reaction they are looking for. The students in question (teenagers) are acting no different than a two year old testing his/her parents. It's the same behavior in a different situation. If they disobey the teacher it means nothing more than they see the teacher as less then an authority figure. This can be changed but it requires that the students parents see the teacher as an authority figure over their children.

[...]
while he's trying to give a presentation. After the presentation is over they should ask him questions politely and in turn.

I just gave a presentation a few days ago. Not only did I not interrupt but no one interrupted me, out of common courtesy. It is not only rude but extremely rude to interrupt someone in the middle of a speech. It is considered rude to interrupt someone in mid-sentence. Because it means you don't care for what that person has to say and feel as if that person is below you. This would go back to packs, animals like wolves, dogs, lions all have social status. The one who brings the food home is king. The one who kills the most, is king. If you are seen as less then, you will be treated as such. In this case the students who are actually below the teacher see the teacher as below them.

I find this weird. They are teaching the subject. They should love it. They should know far more than whatever kid comes into class. It's a shame! Do they think knowledge comes from heaven or what? Also a teacher in science has to work with her/his brains!

And this is the problem with our teachers. They often get stuck teaching some subject they don't know much about and teach literally from the book. They don't know anything beyond the book. Every now and then you run into a teacher who has a passion for what he/she is teaching, these are the teachers that make a difference in a student's life. However, they are the minority. Most public schools don't require much educational background for a job in teaching. For example, my sister who is in high school recently had a biology teacher who didn't believe in evolution. Of course, we do live in the bible belt, but you'd think she would have been teaching a subject she does believe in instead.

Could you please explain this statement a little more to me?

I didn't take physics. I don't think it's required to finish HS. At least not here, in your beloved America. Of course in hindsight he could have said quite a few things. I'm willing to bet they would have all fallen on deaf ears. Which might be what he was thinking before he answered the question.

Yes, because they are internally picking on this teacher for a specific reason.

PS: Many forum posters are writing "irrelevent". More than 4 million hits on "relevent". Where does it come from? An American deficiency?

You mean a whole lot of Americans who posted on here are misspelling or mistyping "irrelevant." When you looked up the wrong spelling of irrelevant, did you do it on purpose? I do my best not to make fun of others simply because I am not beyond misspelling or mistyping myself. I am human and not without error. I'm willing to bet you are the same way.

Fat Robberson and Scary Fartwell both live pretty close to me in my home state. You may hear about their shennanigans, but they're my neighbors!

How close? Next Door or opposite or in the next street?

Have you ever met these fundies?

If so, tell me some stories about these fundies, I'd love to hear them!

:dumbo:

If I ever lived there near them, I would have tried to piss them off.

I'm the equal opporunity sort of person when it comes to religion.

I've gotten away with sign singing blasphemous praise songs front of very fundie Christians and even my dad.

I've put some edgy stuff on my art bag and even showed a Muslim a Muhammad cartoon drew by me.

I also made fun of Yahveh front of my Jewish teacher.

But I can make fun of my own stance, atheism.

Someone once said I'm like Matt Stone and Trey, I make fun of everything and anything and that nobody can stop me...

Yet I'm good to people in school and I don't hesitate to help anyone that needs my help.

NZ is cool, too, because they filmed LOTR there! How cool is that? Did you visit the set or meet any of the stars?

AtheiStar, that's the best thing about being a NZer even though the hobbit stereotypes are getting to me and the others...

As for you question, no but I did get a cool Huffer cap from the whole LOTR thing.

:wicked:

Pat is about 10 minutes away by highway. I see his big brick compound, CBN, all the time. I like to give it the one finger salute. Jerry, well, his fundy university, "Liberty," is in Lynchburg (how fitting, huh?) and is luckily four hours away. Check out this freaky cross table where they do sacrifices for their death cult.

Hey, if I had some dirt I could share I would, but what I know I know because of what I read and see on tv.

I've gotten away with sign singing blasphemous praise songs front of very fundie Christians and even my dad.

I've put some edgy stuff on my art bag and even showed a Muslim a Muhammad cartoon drew by me.

Yeah, I like blaspemy, too. It's nice to be able to make fun of something that's allegedly so powerful and scary to so many. I'm like, see what I can do with your god? He's my bitch! And he never does a thing! Check this out.

Someone once said I'm like Matt Stone and Trey, I make fun of everything and anything and that nobody can stop me...

Yet I'm good to people in school and I don't hesitate to help anyone that needs my help.

I love those guys. Have you seen Team America! Oh man is that movie funny!

I try to be nice to everyone, too, and help out when I can. It doesn't matter that I'm surrounded by believers. Beliefs aren't choices. It's really not their fault. I try to see the person behind the beliefs.

AtheiStar, that's the best thing about being a NZer even though the hobbit stereotypes are getting to me and the others...

As for you question, no but I did get a cool Huffer cap from the whole LOTR thing.

I imagine. Is it all Americans giving you guys trouble? I bet it is. We Americans learn about the world through movies and tv. It's sad, but true. This is why so many Americans know just about everything through stereotypes.

Pat is about 10 minutes away by highway. I see his big brick compound, CBN, all the time. I like to give it the one finger salute. Jerry, well, his fundy university, "Liberty," is in Lynchburg (how fitting, huh?) and is luckily four hours away. Check out this freaky cross table where they do sacrifices for their death cult.

Hey, if I had some dirt I could share I would, but what I know I know because of what I read and see on tv.

It would be cool if Pat met you face to face.

Icon v.s Icon.

Or Normal Bob Smith, I hear he's wicked.

He would make any fundie piss their pants.

I've tried to email Falwell before but I didn't get his reply.

Still, it's nice to question him.

Yeah, I like blaspemy, too. It's nice to be able to make fun of something that's allegedly so powerful and scary to so many. I'm like, see what I can do with your god? He's my bitch! And he never does a thing! Check this out.

Creepy, that cross. It looks like a thing to sacriface virgins on instead of a communion table.

I love those guys. Have you seen Team America! Oh man is that movie funny!

I try to be nice to everyone, too, and help out when I can. It doesn't matter that I'm surrounded by believers. Beliefs aren't choices. It's really not their fault. I try o see the person behind the beliefs.

No but I saw the Southpark movie in subtitles. Bloody funny!

Goodness does have an evolutionary advantage, it saves you from a bad life, an early death and prison.

As for you question, no but I did get a cool Huffer cap from the whole LOTR thing

I imagine. Is it all Americans giving you guys trouble? I bet it is. We Americans learn about the world through movies and tv. It's sad, but true. This is why so many Americans know just about everything through stereotypes.

Not all, but these awesome Americans is right before me on a computer and elsewhere.

Some New Zealanders believe Stereotyes. (example: my Dad.)

It would be cool if Pat met you face to face.

Icon v.s Icon.

Or Normal Bob Smith, I hear he's wicked.

He would make any fundie piss their pants.

I've tried to email Falwell before but I didn't get his reply.

Still, it's nice to question him.

I'd rather meet Normal Bob. I've talked to him online and have been a fan of his for quite some time. Ol' Fatty? Nah, I'd rather not. I hear his voice and I hear a deep, deep psychosis. I'd rather keep people like that as far away from me as possible.

Creepy, that cross. It looks like a thing to sacriface virgins on instead of a communion table.

I thought the same thing! It looks like it should have leather straps and a pull out torture instrument drawer. It also looks like they'd have some Strippers for Christ ™ dance on it after hours! lol... I see no reason why they couldn't do both.

No but I saw the Southpark movie in subtitles. Bloody funny!

Goodness does have an evolutionary advantage, it saves you from a bad life, an early death and prison.

Yeah! lol... I own in it VHS. It's been watched to death. I even went out and bought the soundtrack. My sister-in-law took a liking to it and memorized every one!

I agree. Getting out of the death cult releases you from a life of bondage into a life of excitement and discovery! How few experience this beauty?

Not all, but these awesome Americans is right before me on a computer and elsewhere.

Some New Zealanders believe Stereotyes. (example: my Dad.)

<bows> Thanks. I try to dispel stereotypes about just about everything wherever I go. Whenever I see absolutist thinking (All ____ do this or that) I try to point out that this thinking is in error. We should judge each person individually. To think otherwise is much too simplistic and quite frankly, primitive!

Sorry, you all. It seems like Dutch people are considered smug and too explicite in foreign countries. I think what you consider rude, is just how teens here are. I don't know how it is in America, but asking your questions after the teacher has finished his/her speech, is very weird. And raising your hand is often redundant if you only have a remark or make a joke.

Sorry, about bringing up "irrelevent". I sincerely thought it came from phonetics indeed. It wasn't to critize you.

I realize that I'm probably often rude too, without realizing it.

I've been there.

[...] such a jackass? [...] kick the little asshole out of my class. [...] idiotic piece of comedy. [...] class full or religious hecklers [...] discipline these little hooligans [...] recycled questions and objections [...] little clones [...] these brats [...]

I just can't match that. I thank heaven that you are not my father.