Goodbye Jesus

Kids Less Intelligent Than Ever

Reverend AtheiStar

Easy. The Bible clearly spells out that this cannibalisitic ritual is to be done "in remembrance of me." What is being remembered? His bloody execution, of course! You are eating his corpse! The bread is his dead flesh and the wine is his blood. I'm sure I can dig up all I need. Do you wish to continue?

:)Reverend Atheistar, that may be the 'literal' take from the KJV, but using the concordance to access the manuscript from which it was taken may show a different interpretation. Parables, metaphors, and allegories are how they often communicated their messages, and taking the time to decipher them is part of the transformational process in one's own life. IMHO, this is much how Buddhism and other eastern spiritual teachings are done too.

The ONE loaf of bread represents the ONE body of us all. This is my body, Matthew 26:26, simply means this is the body of ALL mankind, more specifically directed to those who were with him in his humble movement for equality for ALL. See #3 of the definition found here. Notice that it evolved from this definition found here. 'Blood' in 26:28 has just the meaning of the seat of life, found here, although I have found where it also refers to the related aspect we are to each other as human beings. Sometimes he is referred to as bread, metaphorically meaning his message kneads us into a unified mass, prepared with God's energy (baked), which gives rise to our spirituality for the sustaining of life.

I know the popular contemporary spin that has been put on this, however, it only makes it a 'thread' that has been constantly hijacked and interjected with myths throughout history. The myth part I can understand, as an attempt to be inclusive of everyone's beliefs. Yet, to use it to manipulate people into one mindset, or to twist it to coerce others into "Christianity" is yet another atrocity by these self proclaimed "Christians". The manuscript from which the translation was taken, read in a congruent manner, does NOT say this, IMO.

I've learned from this site how fundamentalism is very much like a disorder. I would never want to impede the recovery process out of this distructive mindset. However, in this forum are those of scientific inclinations, and it seems recovery is not as relevent to those here. There are deeper meanings to allegories, metaphors, and parables... and is it so difficult to consider that aspect, from those who seem to be more rational, reasonable thinkers? It seems it would only be another aspect of possible meanings that would be much more plausible to consider than the literal view. :shrug:

First, you assume that Jesus was ever a real person. He wasn't. He's nothing but an idea stolen from and patched together using earlier mythologies. Second, your silly notion that the writers of the Bible wanted equality for all is pretty funny. Have you ever read the book? The Bible preaches hate for homosexuals, treats women like property (read: slaves), can't stand anyone of another religion (stone them with stones, cast them into the fire), is pretty harsh on children (beat them with a rod they won't die), is pretty racist (Jesus calls a woman of another race a dog, genocide is preached against entiure tribes) and absolutley hates unbeleivers. Please, tell me, where's the equality? Oh yeah, we all can be killed at the hand of believers!

Excuse me if I read the verse for what it says. It says my body so I take that it means my body. Call me crazy, but I believe that's what it means. It's just so obvious! It's cannibalism and death worship no matter how you slice it. Your "love the world" rhetoric just doesn't make sense in a book like the Bible.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reverend AtheiStar

• AtheistMommy

• Amanda

• Antlerman