Goodbye Jesus

Secular spirituality via psychedelics

Fuego

Thank you Fuego! I knew this would be a great topic and bringing it forward has been a renewed call to (as Weezer says) think outside the box. I agree with you in terms of using mushrooms sparingly; a half cup of tea is enough for me but like you, need a calm, quiet, outdoor environment with people I completely trust to use it, and that doesn't happen too often. 

Now that it's become more acceptable to use for therapy, I see a lot of hope for its use in the future. 

I read through the whole thread. Hopefully a lot of others will see it as well. 

• Like 2

On 3/7/2024 at 5:25 PM, Fuego said:

I understand that. I have always disliked being tipsy or drunk. I prefer to have my wits about me.

The full-on journeys have always been an on-purpose thing, and any microdosing is for staying at normal. Anxiety had me barely able to work, going home and staring at my office floor while I played videos on YouTube. I thought I was losing my mind. Then panic attacks came out of nowhere, like someone stomped on the accelerator of my brain. It was an awful period. So for me, I was well out of balance, and the Amanita muscaria brought me back to normality most of the time. 

A friend of my son's microdoses something once a week and swears it's great. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, midniterider said:

A friend of my son's microdoses something once a week and swears it's great. 

I have tried .02 mcg. dose, which might work but it doesn't do my guts any good. I wish it didn't. 

I've had other friends that experimented with it and reported pain relief! I was really encouraged by that. 

😊

• Like 2

This is a timely discussion for me.  I'm going on a psilocybin retreat this spring, partly for "academic" reasons (I want a personal understanding of how this works), but also for therapeutic reasons - hoping to get "unstuck" in a number of areas in my life.  There will be no "medicine men/women," but there will be licensed therapists experienced in this type of therapy.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous (maybe a lot nervous), but after doing my research I feel its worth a try and worth some potential risks.  I had to go through an application/screening process and the testimonies have been impressive, so I'm hoping its worthwhile.  🤞

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, freshstart said:

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous (maybe a lot nervous), but after doing my research I feel its worth a try and worth some potential risks.

It will be amazing. Know that it can't harm you, and it's sort of like a ride that you'll be on and off for about 4 hours, then it cycles down to normal again. It's a perspective change. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, moxieflux66 said:

I have tried .02 mcg. dose, which might work but it doesn't do my guts any good

Was that dried mushrooms? I've got a high tolerance for the physical mushroom bodies, but my wife doesn't. Some folks do better with a tea version to avoid having to digest the mushrooms. More prep is involved in making that but it helps avoid stomach discomfort. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, freshstart said:

This is a timely discussion for me.  I'm going on a psilocybin retreat this spring, partly for "academic" reasons (I want a personal understanding of how this works), but also for therapeutic reasons - hoping to get "unstuck" in a number of areas in my life. 

Looking forward to hearing how this goes for you.  I have no personal experience but it seems like there’s a lot of potential for good in this area.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Y'all just need to get high on jesus.  😆

• Haha 1

On 3/16/2024 at 11:59 AM, freshstart said:

This is a timely discussion for me.  I'm going on a psilocybin retreat this spring, partly for "academic" reasons (I want a personal understanding of how this works), but also for therapeutic reasons - hoping to get "unstuck" in a number of areas in my life.  There will be no "medicine men/women," but there will be licensed therapists experienced in this type of therapy.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous (maybe a lot nervous), but after doing my research I feel its worth a try and worth some potential risks.  I had to go through an application/screening process and the testimonies have been impressive, so I'm hoping its worthwhile.  🤞

I am also looking forward to your report on the retreat.   If this treatment has good potential (it looks like it does) big pharma companies will not be happy.  

• Like 2

On 3/16/2024 at 10:06 AM, Fuego said:

Was that dried mushrooms? I've got a high tolerance for the physical mushroom bodies, but my wife doesn't. Some folks do better with a tea version to avoid having to digest the mushrooms. More prep is involved in making that but it helps avoid stomach discomfort. 

Yes, dried in a food dehydrator, ground and packed in gel caps. JUST ONE! That wasn't encouraging for microdosing. 

Tea has been my go-to every time I've had the best experiences. But it's awfully hard to judge how much will work vs. TOO MUCH. 

The last time I had too much tea, I started crying and couldn't stop. I wasn't sad or even happy, just very high. 

Seemed to me some things I'd been suppressing were coming out in liquid form. 🤔

2 hours ago, moxieflux66 said:

The last time I had too much tea, I started crying and couldn't stop. I wasn't sad or even happy, just very high. 

Seemed to me some things I'd been suppressing were coming out in liquid form. 

It is very possible some emotions were coming out that needed to come out.  Don't try to stop them.  Welcoming them and letting them flow can be very theraputic.  (if you are not in a public place) 

That is one way these drugs can be helpful.  A "shortcut".  Sometimes therapist work for weeks getting a client to the point of releasing years of pent up feelings.  And it is very helpful when the emotion can be connected to its original issue.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Weezer said:

And it is very helpful when the emotion can be connected to its original issue.  

Wish I did know but that never happened to me before. It wasn't connected to an emotion I was having at the time or even a thought. My eyes weren't burning or sore so that wasn't it. I was laughing a lot as well as crying. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.