Goodbye Jesus

MOHO and Geezer

DarkBishop

Posting this here bc I figure everyone will see it here. 

Has anyone talked to MOHO or Geezer recently? Some of us have noticed they haven't been around since last year and they are older members. Just kinda wondering if they may have fallen ill or something......  

If somebody knows them in real life. maybe ya could just check on em and let us know if they are OK. 

5 hours ago, DarkBishop said:

MOHO's last visit here was 9-11-2020 and Geezer's was 10-31-2020.

You are observant DB. I hope they are ok and just on a temporary hiatus. 

1 hour ago, LogicalFallacy said:

You are observant DB. I hope they are ok and just on a temporary hiatus. 

@TABA mentioned it to me. Waited a little longer before I asked. Was hoping maybe somebody was friends enough with them to atleast be a Facebook friend er something. 

I know what town MOHO lives in/near, and a bit of his background.   Won't share on this public forum; but, I can confirm information via PM if it would help confirm their wellbeing.

• Like 1

Pretty sure they reconverted and are now missionaries for our Lord Jesus Christ.

46 minutes ago, midniterider said:

Pretty sure they reconverted and are now missionaries for our Lord Jesus Christ.

Surely not. Geezer was pretty adamant that Jesus never existed. I never particularly agreed with that. I always figured that there had to be a man behind the myth. But to each their own. There are some interesting theories to support his views.

33 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

Surely not. Geezer was pretty adamant that Jesus never existed. I never particularly agreed with that. I always figured that there had to be a man behind the myth. But to each their own. There are some interesting theories to support his views.

I hope they are both OK and just taking an exc break. :)

4 minutes ago, midniterider said:

I hope they are both OK and just taking an exc break. :)

Yeah me too...... 

It seems highly unlikely that both would die about the same time, even considering COVID.  Maybe sick? I expect and dearly hope to see al least one, or both of them back in the coming weeks or months.

16 hours ago, DarkBishop said:

If someone like Jesus really did exist, I would bet dollars to doughnuts that the Bible version of it was all wrong, and of course his father and mother? That he could have been a Jewish carpenter sounds real though.

4 hours ago, pantheory said:

If someone like Jesus really did exist, I would bet dollars to doughnuts that the Bible version of it was all wrong, and of course his father and mother? That he could have been a Jewish carpenter sounds real though.

Oh I'm sure. The same with Moses, Saul, Noah, Ruth, Joshua, Elijah, etc. Etc. Etc. If any of those characters existed. I'm sure they were nothing like the big portrays 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/25/2021 at 6:57 PM, DarkBishop said:

Oh I'm sure. The same with Moses, Saul, Noah, Ruth, Joshua, Elijah, etc. Etc. Etc. If any of those characters existed. I'm sure they were nothing like the big portrays 

Loved the Nazi version of Jesus -- making him a non-Jewish Aryan. That was probably the "wondrous work" of Goebbels the Nazi propaganda minister. What a joke.  Shows how easy it is to form whatever religious reality desired -- and many will believe and follow the BS no matter how ridiculous.

https://press.princeton.edu/books/paperback/9780691148052/the-aryan-jesus

• 4 weeks later...

So no contact or any info re MOHO and Geezer?

9 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

So no contact or any info re MOHO and Geezer?

On 6/23/2021 at 8:20 PM, sdelsolray said:

MOHO's last visit here was 9-11-2020 and Geezer's was 10-31-2020.

No response to my PM to either of them, and they haven’t visited since those dates reported by @sdelsolray above. 

• Super Moderator

Sometimes people just quietly walk away, and that's the most likely explanation. I do hope they're okay.

Perhaps someone from the Spirituality forum should try to contact them. (Too soon?)

• Haha 2

On 7/28/2021 at 10:53 AM, florduh said:

Perhaps someone from the Spirituality forum should try to contact them. (Too soon?)

I shouldn't have, but I had a little chuckle at this. Well played sir.

2 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

I shouldn't have, but I had a little chuckle at this. Well played sir.

Well I doubt we'll be holding a seance any time soon LoL. It would be good for ppl to have atleast one RL friend on here that would be able let the group know if something happened to one or the other. Especially with all the covid deaths that have happened the past year. Unfortunately if something like that did happen to MOHO or Geezer, we may never know. 

Have facts, science and evidence located them yet?

• Haha 2

• Super Moderator
35 minutes ago, midniterider said:

I don't believe so.

• Haha 1

• Super Moderator

Y'all will be notified when I die. If I'm missing but nobody has notified you of my demise, then why I'm absent is none of your business. 😝

4 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:
4 hours ago, midniterider said:

I don't believe so.

Perhaps they have an email address on file and one of the mods can reach out via email to say they are missed and see if they get a reply?

• Like 1

It's probably just that the site has changed so much. Maybe a 1 1/2 or 2 years ago there were still so many confused or worried questioning christians or early stage ex christians that would discover this site and then finally join in really needed someone to listen and often really urgently needing help. That was every day or two and it wasn't unusual that several people would make their first post in the same day. There was a feeling that you were doing a great service consoling, comforting, validating and brainstorming potential solutions to complex problems. I can't remember how it came up but i remember my daughter making a little joke several years ago saying, "Of course he likes posting there, he saves peoples lives!" I know some real concerns still come up and new de converts still sometimes post with real needs but they are so few and far between that each and every one is sure to receive a lot of excellent attention from thoughtful well qualified posters. So I can get the taking a break of whatever amount of time considering that maybe the urgency that they previously felt isn't there and maybe a kind of redirection of the bulk of the posts being more toward debate rather than support. They may very well check in later.

• Like 1

Yeah, we don't typically see the standard ex-believer so much anymore. Not sure if it is an age thing or other forums that meet their needs. I've been here nearly 13 years but it doesn't seem like it. A lot of younger folks use apps for other kinds of forums. Maybe we'll get a huge wave of people who just haven't yet thought to search for ex-Christian like I did. 

• Like 1