New Christian Visitor

aik

• Super Moderator
4 minutes ago, duderonomy said:

Nice Dodge.

4 minutes ago, duderonomy said:

Nicer Dodge. 

No thanks.  I'm a Ford man.

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
  • Super Moderator
13 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

As I've told you before, you are more than welcome to start your own thread here in the Den and present your ideas.  Perhaps presenting this "difference" to the masses is a ministry the lord is calling you into.

12 minutes ago, duderonomy said:

Nice Dodge.

Is it because you're afraid to share your own ideas?  Some part of you knows that they'll get torn to shreds because your version of god is just as imaginary as all the others?  Is that why you'd rather snipe at passers-by than offer anything of real value?  Did your imaginary friend give you a spirit of fear when he was supposed to give you a spirit of power, love, and sober judgement?  Damn those imaginary gods--always failing to live up to their word.  

4 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

No thanks.  I'm a Ford man.

Shit's getting real now.  Gerald or Henry?

• Super Moderator
Just now, duderonomy said:

Shit's getting real now.  Gerald or Henry?

I got no truck with Gerald; but I prefer Henry.

1 minute ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Is it because you're afraid to share your own ideas?  Some part of you knows that they'll get torn to shreds because your version of god is just as imaginary as all the others?  Is that why you'd rather snipe at passers-by than offer anything if real value?  Did your imaginary friend give you a spirit of fear when he was supposed to give you a spirit of power, love, and sober judgement?  Damn thise imaginary gods--always failing to live up to their word.  

Prof?   It's me Don.   I have been sharing my own ideas. No part of me knows that they will get torn to shreds and they haven't been so far.

I don't snipe. I'm right here, and since I came back to the forums I've been right here and here I am now.

I snipe at passers by? 

Ah, and then back to the imaginary friend, because to Super Moderator Judge Dreddneckprofessor when all one has is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

18 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I got no truck with Gerald; but I prefer Henry.

Well, me too. 

• Super Moderator
16 minutes ago, duderonomy said:

Prof?   It's me Don. 

It's nice to meet you, Don.  I'm always a bit humbled and flattered when I meet a true fan.

• Super Moderator
2 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

The Prof’s F150

39D17601-C6B4-411F-9870-2D418C1C01FB.jpeg

That's good shit right there.

Just now, TheRedneckProfessor said:

That's good shit right there.

Lol +1

21 hours ago, Myrkhoos said:

Most of the time they care not for truth, just belief confirmation

^^^That right there is the bottom line.

If its one thing I've learned about changing my beliefs from Christian to atheist, it is to have an open mind about the Truth, which is always evolving. The Sun, afterall, was seen as a god until science figured out that its a star, like many others in the universe. And there are many other discoveries yet to be made. But sadly, Christianity teaches to close your mind to any sort of education that contradicts their ancient book -or rather anything that contradicts a given interpretation of thier ancient book.

I don't know of a single Christian who enters into dialogue actually seeking the Truth. Christians seek only to confirm what they believe. And I don't think they realize how arrogant and ridiculous it is to assume:

- that the god they invented, the creator of the universe  the master of miracles, needs them in order to save souls

- their interpretation of the bible is the "correct one," despite thousands of other interpretations by biblical scholars.

- the bible is the authentic word of god even though no one disputes that god didn't write it. I mean he was able to walk in the garden of Eden, write the 10 commandments on stone, turn a woman into salt, etc etc. But write his own book? Apparently, even god suffers from writers block.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
17 minutes ago, duderonomy said:

Well, me too. 

Let's go beat the shit out of some Chevy drivers.  

On 11/25/2022 at 7:57 AM, DarkBishop said:

Dude,

I'm not really understanding your frame of mind right now? I'm not a scientist or scholar but I have heard of peer reviewed studies. So I assume it would be verified by their peers in the same field of study. Which would also let Christians in the same field of study review the findings as well, I would think. But either way these findings have been discovered by some of the greatest minds in recent human history. 

I think the real question here is for you dude:

Are you a Christian again? And if so what made you change your resolve as a non-believer? I'm sure AIK, Edgarcito, and all of us exchristians would like to know.

DB

DB, I can't recall if I answered you or not. 

It doesn't matter if I am a Christian again or if I am still agnostic or whatever.

What matters is what is true. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

It's nice to meet you, Don.  I'm always a bit humbled and flattered when I meet a true fan.

Well thank you TRP.  I do hope you meet a true fan here someday.

• Super Moderator
1 minute ago, duderonomy said:

Well thank you TRP.  I do hope you meet a true fan here someday.

And I sincerely hope you will find whatever it is you're looking for as well.

10 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Let's go beat the shit out of some Chevy drivers.  

Yeah, I'm gonna have to report this to law enforcement.

17 minutes ago, freshstart said:

^^^That right there is the bottom line.

If its one thing I've learned about changing my beliefs from Christian to atheist, it is to have an open mind about the Truth, which is always evolving. The Sun, afterall, was seen as a god until science figured out that its a star, like many others in the universe. And there are many other discoveries yet to be made. But sadly, Christianity teaches to close your mind to any sort of education that contradicts their ancient book -or rather anything that contradicts a given interpretation of thier ancient book.

I don't know of a single Christian who enters into dialogue actually seeking the Truth. Christians seek only to confirm what they believe. And I don't think they realize how arrogant and ridiculous it is to assume:

- that the god they invented, the creator of the universe  the master of miracles, needs them in order to save souls

- their interpretation of the bible is the "correct one," despite thousands of other interpretations by biblical scholars.

- the bible is the authentic word of god even though no one disputes that god didn't write it. I mean he was able to walk in the garden of Eden, write the 10 commandments on stone, turn a woman into salt, etc etc. But write his own book? Apparently, even god suffers from writers block.

freshstart?

• Super Moderator
29 minutes ago, duderonomy said:

Yeah, I'm gonna have to report this to law enforcement.

Snitches get stitches, homie.

Isn't anonynity nice!!  It's much safer than hurling insults in a bar.  

7 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

The facts are countless chemical reactions are happening instantaneously in my body, that are different from those in everyone else's body.  

I have analytical instruments in my lab that are built by the same company to analyze the same analytes.... same everything.  And still, there are different limits for repeatability of one instrument and reproducibility between other instruments.  I "taught" them to recognize different hydrocarbons, but the science demonstrates that they are unique instruments with unique properties.

I'm not disputing what you say here Edgarcito.  I agree with it.

But you've yet to demonstrate how to go from this molecular-level uniqueness to your entire uniqueness as a person.

Whereas, the Prof and I have demonstrated by example and by примеp that total personal uniqueness cannot be true.

So, can you do that??

Can you demonstrate with examples how molecular-level uniqueness makes us totally unique people?

Please do so.

Thank you,

Walter.

8 hours ago, duderonomy said:

DB, I can't recall if I answered you or not. 

It doesn't matter if I am a Christian again or if I am still agnostic or whatever.

What matters is what is true. 

Ok, then what do you consider true? 

@TheRedneckProfessor and @duderonomy I tried my damnedest to find a picture of two rednecks spooning but I guess this will have to do. 

20221129_092934.jpg

🤣 🤣 🤣 

DB

• Haha 2

Edgarcito,

I'd like to offer myself as a kind of guinea pig so that we can test your claim about molecular-level uniqueness.

For years I've suffered with Irritable Bowel Syndrome and I take Colofac tablets daily.

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/1166/pil

They are sold over the counter at most drugstores in the UK and are taken by millions of people.

As you will see from the link the active ingredient is Mebeverine Hydrochloride.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mebeverine

So, my question is this.

If everyone is totally unique on the molecular level, how is it possible that the Mebeverine molecule gives IBS relief to millions of people?

According to your belief it should only give relief to exactly ONE person at the most.

Because we are all totally unique and different from each other at the molecular level.

Please help me understand why Colofac works for so many people.

Thank you,

Walter.

I do not see the reason in belaboring this point.  @Edgarcito will need to wrestle with this on his timeframe.  We clearly are uniquely constituted as individuals and yet we also clearly perceive a mutual experience upon which we detect and communicate with each other.

I don't think @Edgarcito is so obtuse as to reject that we inhabit some kind of shared experience (which I'll call reality) and thus there is a limit on our uniqueness in the form that we have shared perceptions and experience a/k/a we perceive the same or similar reality. 

Will you, @Edgarcito, admit this point and the discussion can progress?

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Krowb said:

I do not see the reason in belaboring this point.  @Edgarcito will need to wrestle with this on his timeframe.  We clearly are uniquely constituted as individuals and yet we also clearly perceive a mutual experience upon which we detect and communicate with each other.

I don't think @Edgarcito is so obtuse as to reject that we inhabit some kind of shared experience (which I'll call reality) and thus there is a limit on our uniqueness in the form that we have shared perceptions and experience a/k/a we perceive the same or similar reality. 

Will you, @Edgarcito, admit this point and the discussion can progress?

Certainly.  I want to be honest here as I am enjoying actual discussion.... the moderation, and Walter's seemingly different attitude.  The question would be in light of this post, are our bodies somehow manifested with purpose or as a result of some dispensational plan, or both.  I.e., just accept your role and hold on in faith.  In retrospect, I've always felt like an inner strength even as a child.  As a teen, I wasn't even remotely "saved" and used to find disdain in TV evangelicals bc that's the only contact I had with church.  To date, I still think there is a distinction between, essentially, people and moments in Communion, and that feeling, and when we are out of Communion.  I don't know, seems to lend a predestination aspect to the unique subjection.... which I'm not really a predestination guy.  Lol, with that said, I think I have a purpose that I don't care to share.  

I found a video that gives me that feeling.  Let me see if I can manage to move it here.  Thanks again.