Goodbye Jesus

Those Who Reject the Son Reject Also the Father

TheRedneckProfessor

• Super Moderator
Just now, Edgarcito said:

Yeah, but it might help the people around you if you listen.....you know, the humanity aspect you brag about.

Might help the people around you if you remove the log from your own eye and leave me to deal with the speck in mine, Ed.  It's what jesus would do.

• Super Moderator

Honestly, I have to say, if Ed's behavior on this website is the measure of grace and the holy spirit, then I'm content to remain agnostic.  

25 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Okay, then,  let's work with your speculation as it is.  The christian god is a bloodthirsty barbarian who delights in cruelty because humanity is simultaneously highly capable and also too weak and limited to understand.  Oh, wait... shit, the law of excluded middle is applicable here.  A and not-A cannot both be simultaneously true.  Humanity cannot simultaneously be highly capable and not highly capable. 

That's so wrong it hurts.  I can think of numerous examples capable and not capable.

Another facet of Walt's point about you being separated from your humanity and unable to empathize is your constant and consistent need to blame humanity rather than find any fault with god.  Your emotional attachment to your self-projection as god blinds you to any faults and flaws "god" may have.

Maybe so.  I've had so many failed trust experiences in my life, it certainly could be a possibility.  But need I remind you that it's humanity's incompleteness, lack of ability, that the Bible speaks of, that give me these wonderful qualities.

Thus you cannot explain why your god is so bloodthirsty without somehow projecting the blame onto humanity.  

It's just factual....reality.  Had people met my needs adequately, I don't see it would have skewed my behavior.  Speaks about that as well in the Bible.

Occam's Razor could also be applied here.  Perhaps the simplest explanation for why the christian god seems to be a bloodthirsty monster is that the christian god is a bloodthirsty monster.  That explanation eliminates the unnecessary plurality of having to further explain why humanity deserves such brutality. 

Maybe had other's needs had been met the little girl hanging naked post rape would have faired better.

Dick.

• Super Moderator

See what I mean about your insistence on blaming people, Ed? 

And if you will notice, God provided for Adam.  Adam failed Eve.  You whine about why God didn't communicate directly with Eve.  Humanity failed humanity.  Now we have the Holy Spirit and you still whine.  And in 3,2,1...you will whine about your life and how God made you not to your standards....what a douche.

2 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

See what I mean about your insistence on blaming people, Ed? 

I see it, so what.  The Bible is big on trust.  See why I'd like to do better?  See why I'd like for it to work for the little girl?  

But you are going to solve it with science and arrogance.  I do see that.  

• Super Moderator
2 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

I see it, so what.  The Bible is big on trust.  See why I'd like to do better?  

How are you going to do better by blaming humanity, lying about people, calling your companions "dicks," "assholes," and "little bitches," and throwing angry tantrums any time someone disagrees with you?  It's so weird that you can see every fault and flaw in your fellow man; but are completely ignorant and blind to your own.

I'm sure you pray for grace and the holy spirit to help you; but I've watched this same pattern of behavior repeat itself for nearly a decade now.  If prayer, grace, and the holy spirit were going to work, wouldn't they have done so by now?

And, as DB pointed out, much of your behavior is unchristian and unscriptural.  A lot of your patterns are "sins" and scripture says that people who commit such acts will not enter heaven.  Do you really believe god will make a special exception, just for you? 

Pretending the god(s) actually exists for the purposes of argument (aka playing in the theist's sandbox) has its limits.

By assuming the god(s) do not exist, humans are responsible for all human actions and behaviors.  Taking personal responsibility for actions and behaviors, instead of blaming others, is healthy behavior.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

How are you going to do better by blaming humanity, lying about people, calling your companions "dicks," "assholes," and "little bitches," and throwing angry tantrums any time someone disagrees with you?  It's so weird that you can see every fault and flaw in your fellow man; but are completely ignorant and blind to your own.

I'm sure you pray for grace and the holy spirit to help you; but I've watched this same pattern of behavior repeat itself for nearly a decade now.  If prayer, grace, and the holy spirit were going to work, wouldn't they have done so by now?

And, as DB pointed out, much of your behavior is unchristian and unscriptural.  A lot of your patterns are "sins" and scripture says that people who commit such acts will not enter heaven.  Do you really believe god will make a special exception, just for you? 

Some of us have different means.  And there you go towing the line.  Good for you.  Good for you.  I don't know that I've met someone so transparent and cowardly at the same time.

10 minutes ago, sdelsolray said:

Pretending the god(s) actually exists for the purposes of argument (aka playing in the theist's sandbox) has its limits.

By assuming the god(s) do not exist, humans are responsible for all human actions and behaviors.  Taking personal responsibility for actions and behaviors, instead of blaming others, is healthy behavior.

If I didn't actually care, I wouldn't spend my time...  More concerned for his family than he is apparently. 

3 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

Real or unreal, it serves a purpose.

You are correct Ed.  Whether God is real or unreal, the comfort you get from believing in him comes from your BELIEF in him.  Not that he actually exists.  It is a human emotion you get from a human belief.  The same as in other religions.  The same comfort you can get through the power of suggestion, as in hypnosis, or having a "sage"give you a blessing.  

4 minutes ago, Weezer said:

You are correct Ed.  Whether God is real or unreal, the comfort you get from believing in him comes from your BELIEF in him.  Not that he actually exists.  It is a human emotion you get from a human belief.  The same as in other religions.  The same comfort you can get through the power of suggestion, as in hypnosis, or having a "sage"give you a blessing.  

My experiences are more than that, but yes, I tend to agree.  I enjoy the horoscope lol.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
13 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

I don't know that I've met someone so transparent and cowardly at the same time.

Perhaps you should meet more people, then.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

And if you will notice, God provided for Adam.  Adam failed Eve.  You whine about why God didn't communicate directly with Eve.  Humanity failed humanity.  Now we have the Holy Spirit and you still whine.  And in 3,2,1...you will whine about your life and how God made you not to your standards....what a douche.

God provided for Adam and Eve and yet allowed them to be attacked by Satan.

While you would have killed the rattlesnake threatening your kids. (Your own words!)

Which makes you a better, more loving and more compassionate father than god was to them.

Which makes you more moral than your god, Ed.

Shouldn't you be worshipping a god who is more moral than you, not less

A god who is more loving, caring and compassionate than you, not less?

So why would you worship such an uncaring, failed parent like god?

4 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

And god failed Adam and Eve when he failed to protect them from Satan.

But you would have killed a rattlesnake threatening harm to your kids.

So you wouldn't have failed your kids - but god failed his.

Why worship such a bad example of parenthood?

5 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

Of course humanity failed humanity.

That's no surprise.

We are all fallible.

But god is infallible.

And yet he failed to protect his children, Adam and Eve from Satan.

But then, if god is infallible, you know what that means, don't you, Ed?

That he  INTENDED  them to be harmed by Satan.

So why would you worship a being who intentionally brings harm upon his own children?

5 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

I see it, so what.  The Bible is big on trust.  See why I'd like to do better?  See why I'd like for it to work for the little girl?  

But you are going to solve it with science and arrogance.  I do see that.  

The bible is big on trust?

Like the way Adam and Eve should have trusted god to keep them safe from all harm?

Well, that worked out well, didn't it?

6 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

You're making a mistake.  Carrying disbelief like some badge of honor is projection as well....and also fails when the adopted mantras fail people around you emotionally.  Keep it up and see whether you end up with life or death...

There!  Right there! 

Right there Edgarcito lived up down to the very thing I wrote about earlier.

They start to become like their god, intolerant of even the smallest act of disobedience and eager to punish the slightest infraction.  They even begin to relish the idea of wrongdoers suffering infinite punishment for finite sins. And so they lose their humanity.

Relishing the idea that the Prof will end up with death (i.e., hellfire) are you, Ed?

Losing your humanity, much?

12 hours ago, walterpthefirst said:

God provided for Adam and Eve and yet allowed them to be attacked by Satan.

While you would have killed the rattlesnake threatening your kids. (Your own words!)

Which makes you a better, more loving and more compassionate father than god was to them.

Which makes you more moral than your god, Ed.

Shouldn't you be worshipping a god who is more moral than you, not less

A god who is more loving, caring and compassionate than you, not less?

So why would you worship such an uncaring, failed parent like god?

Walter is right. And RNP is right. You have projected an image onto your God of your own design (not the biblical one) and made it humanity's fault for God's short comings. Just as the bible does. 

You are also probably more moral than your God. 

You do not need your god. I'm going to say it. Yes you should turn your back on everything you "think" is true about God and become agnostic. Your not truly a Christian and you would have a better spiritual life being agnostic rather than Christian. Because you do not truly believe in the Christian doctrine. Not really. And that will put you in the same boat as unbelievers according to Gods word.

The best part about it is you don't have let go of that dream you had. Maybe your dad said that about Jesus just because if you take all the "good" teachings about Jesus it's just really good advice. And good points on how to treat others. 

According to the Bible you and your dad are destined for hell just like us. Your dad wouldn't have been able to visit you if that were the case. So it only stands to reason that the Bible isn't true. In both your dream and in reality. You should just face the facts. It doesn't all add up. 

But take it or leave it. Its obvious you can understand there are issues with the bible. Just take the leap. 

DB

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

The leader of this group projected an image onto the christian god that allowed him to exploit children, manipulate men, and take advantage of women.  Perhaps more disturbing is the image that his followers projected onto the same god, that demanded total obedience, loyalty, and domination.  Like Ed, these people would claim that their experiences were more than just the emotionalism resulting from belief.  Like Ed, they would claim that their experiences were "real" and that what they felt and believed was "the truth."  Somehow, though, I doubt that Ed would agree with them.

This is why Walt correctly warns against using emotional attachments and projections as a means for finding truth.

• Super Moderator
2 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

@RNP...I see we are still butt hurt this morning...

Perhaps it seems that way because you are projecting your own emotions onto me.  I'm just speculating, of course.

43 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Perhaps it seems that way because you are projecting your own emotions onto me.  I'm just speculating, of course.

Your're right....you're still making a mistake today.

• Super Moderator
41 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

Your're right....you're still making a mistake today.

On 1/21/2023 at 1:21 PM, Edgarcito said:

You're making a mistake.  Carrying disbelief like some badge of honor is projection as well....and also fails when the adopted mantras fail people around you emotionally.  Keep it up and see whether you end up with life or death...

Ah, yes.  The alleged mistake you accuse me of.  You claim that I am projecting as well.

Let me ask you, Ed: Does the bible state, in Roman's 6:23, that the wages of Sin is death?  Or is that something that I am projecting onto god out of hatred and disbelief?  Does the bible state, in Hebrews 9:22, that without the shedding of blood there can be no forgiveness for sin?  Or is that something that I am projecting onto god out of anger and arrogance?

See, Ed, if all I am doing is basing my opinion about god on what gid actually says about himself, then it's simply not possible for me to be projecting any of my own thoughts and emotions onto him.  And that is all I have done here: I've looked at what the bible itself says about god and asked "why?" 

Why is bloodshed necessary for god to forgive?

Why does there need to be a wage for Sin?

Why did god choose Death to be the wage for Sin?

Where is the projection, Ed?  Where are my own emotional attachments getting in the way of asking these questions?  Where?

On the other hand, you cannot answer these questions.  I've been asking for 5 pages now and you have only barely attempted a half-ass answer that had more holes than the PGA tour.

Why?

Why can't you answer?  Is it because your self-projection and emotional attachments won't allow you to see the truth for what it is?  Is that why you need to hide behind angry tirades, insults, and temper tantrums?  

49 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Ah, yes.  The alleged mistake you accuse me of.  You claim that I am projecting as well.

Let me ask you, Ed: Does the bible state, in Roman's 6:23, that the wages of Sin is death?  Or is that something that I am projecting onto god out of hatred and disbelief?  Does the bible state, in Hebrews 9:22, that without the shedding of blood there can be no forgiveness for sin?  Or is that something that I am projecting onto god out of anger and arrogance?

See, Ed, if all I am doing is basing my opinion about god on what gid actually says about himself, then it's simply not possible for me to be projecting any of my own thoughts and emotions onto him.  And that is all I have done here: I've looked at what the bible itself says about god and asked "why?" 

Why is bloodshed necessary for god to forgive?

Why does there need to be a wage for Sin?

Why did god choose Death to be the wage for Sin?

Where is the projection, Ed?  Where are my own emotional attachments getting in the way of asking these questions?  Where?

On the other hand, you cannot answer these questions.  I've been asking for 5 pages now and you have only barely attempted a half-ass answer that had more holes than the PGA tour.

Why?

Why can't you answer?  Is it because your self-projection and emotional attachments won't allow you to see the truth for what it is?  Is that why you need to hide behind angry tirades, insults, and temper tantrums?  

Is there a reason you keep asking?  Walter did a very good job in my opinion of what you are inquiring about.  I speculated that life must be very high up on God's list.  Maybe DB can help you understand.  If I have a revelation, I shall put it here first.  How's that.