Goodbye Jesus

On knowledge v belief: who to trust?

moxieflux66

I'm sort of having this existential crisis Ed. It's boring in here. What would YOU like to start a thread on in the Den? Topics to be debated by just me or in general are acceptable. 

Just now, moxieflux66 said:

I'm sort of having this existential crisis Ed. It's boring in here. What would YOU like to start a thread on in the Den? Topics to be debated by just me or in general are acceptable. 

No, you are headed in the right direction with the question regarding what is our role.  I would keep going with that.  

3 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

No, you are headed in the right direction with the question regarding what is our role.  I would keep going with that.  

You mean something in the original direction of the thread's topic? Or do you mean your role in the Den and my role in the den? 

Please clarify for me. 

ED...........tick tock! Unless you went to pee you're holding up the show

Ok, how about this. Just say yes or no. 

Do you mean 'our role' in general in this (what you believe is one time around)? Persevering in bringing people to Christ? 

8 minutes ago, moxieflux66 said:

You mean something in the original direction of the thread's topic? Or do you mean your role in the Den and my role in the den? 

Please clarify for me. 

You were asking about our role.... which is the better choice?  I.e. "did we win".  What does it mean to win, how do we do that, how do we live our lives to accomplish that.  Does that mean to promote a religion, or science, etc.  

I've noticed that elderly people tend to hush in front of young people....because they know the answer.  As do many here.  Some of us have a need to say something though.  Some don't.  Hope this helps you find a direction.

5 minutes ago, moxieflux66 said:

Ok, how about this. Just say yes or no. 

Do you mean 'our role' in general in this (what you believe is one time around)? Persevering in bringing people to Christ? 

One of my beliefs is grace.....given we don't know an outcome, either through science or religion, just allowing people to be and do who they are is a decent idea.  Christian fundamentalism gets in the way of this certainly....

ok, well, seems to me if someone has surgery and gets well enough to leave, or someone heals from being here enough to not have to come back........it's not a matter of winning or losing. Who's it about? Them or you?

4 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

One of my beliefs is grace.....given we don't know an outcome, either through science or religion, just allowing people to be and do who they are is a decent idea.  Christian fundamentalism gets in the way of this certainly....

I'm truly speechless. That was nothing I'd ever expect a christian to say!!! How very much you surprise me Ed! What would you advocate for instead of fundamentalism? IS it about being and doing who they really are? Please DO ELABORATE! 

1 minute ago, moxieflux66 said:

I'm truly speechless. That was nothing I'd ever expect a christian to say!!! How very much you surprise me Ed! What would you advocate for instead of fundamentalism? IS it about being and doing who they really are? Please DO ELABORATE! 

There is no substitute..  I don't know that it matters regardless of the avenue.  Again, we don't know and just have to have faith that what we suggest will benefit the outcome.  Certainly both sides have ideas that are proven...whether it be scientific benefits or ideas like grace.....but science can't tell you what grace is and religion can't tell you about science.  Hence my original answer to your inquiry.  

I don't know the answer to the last question....kind of speaks to a lot of theory......several ideas in that one question you asked.....predestination, free will, original sin, etc...

21 minutes ago, moxieflux66 said:

ok, well, seems to me if someone has surgery and gets well enough to leave, or someone heals from being here enough to not have to come back........it's not a matter of winning or losing. Who's it about? Them or you?

What if non-belief is not the right answer.

3 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

There is no substitute..  I don't know that it matters regardless of the avenue.  Again, we don't know and just have to have faith that what we suggest will benefit the outcome.  Certainly both sides have ideas that are proven...whether it be scientific benefits or ideas like grace.....but science can't tell you what grace is and religion can't tell you about science.  Hence my original answer to your inquiry.  

I don't know the answer to the last question....kind of speaks to a lot of theory......several ideas in that one question you asked.....predestination, free will, original sin, etc...

I daresay we agree on this matter, if I'm reading you correctly. Are you saying that salvation is different for everybody, a highly individual and intimate matter that doesn't need to be sold to anyone but that if there's a chance to add to a person's knowledge on that path, that is WHY WE ARE HERE? 

Also, I lost track of which thread we are on. In light of what that thread was about, "Is god in here or out there" are you agreeing with the 'in here' to guide you on that path? 

2 minutes ago, moxieflux66 said:

I daresay we agree on this matter, if I'm reading you correctly. Are you saying that salvation is different for everybody, a highly individual and intimate matter that doesn't need to be sold to anyone but that if there's a chance to add to a person's knowledge on that path, that is WHY WE ARE HERE? 

Also, I lost track of which thread we are on. In light of what that thread was about, "Is god in here or out there" are you agreeing with the 'in here' to guide you on that path? 

Yes, but I believe the better parts of "in here" are not me but from "out there" and helps me understand when acknowledged.  That's my take.  I think that is different than ourselves "in here" is the complete picture or way.  I don't believe that at all...

2 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

Yes, but I believe the better parts of "in here" are not me but from "out there" and helps me understand when acknowledged.  That's my take.  I think that is different than ourselves "in here" is the complete picture or way.  I don't believe that at all...

Fair enough. We'll take this up later. 

Meanwhile, more cartoon questions on the horizon.....

Ok Ed. Ready? What was the name of the very first Micky Mouse cartoon? 

Do you know RankStranger? I had to hunt for more christians around here. 

3 minutes ago, moxieflux66 said:

Ok Ed. Ready? What was the name of the very first Micky Mouse cartoon? 

I wanna answer it soooo bad.

6 minutes ago, Casualfanboy16 said:

I wanna answer it soooo bad.

Ok Ed. I know you're here. We have a contestant who has the answer. What say you?

One minute....tick tock. 

Ok Casual. And the answer is? 

:Old:Getting older by the minute...........

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, moxieflux66 said:

Ok Casual. And the answer is? 

STEAMBOAT WILLIE!!!!!

And the answer is............Steamboat Willy! I win! 🤑

Just now, moxieflux66 said:

And the answer is............Steamboat Willy! I win! 🤑

Lmao.