Goodbye Jesus

On knowledge v belief: who to trust?

moxieflux66

7 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

No, he does it with intention....

And what intention is that? You didn't read his example of an apology, based on his intentions as well but you brushed right by it. In that example, he was matching wits with someone else, purely with the scientific method he explained the 'why' and 'how' of it with. Were his 'intentions' bad there or is it just with you that you feel his motivations are hatred? 

12 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

Respectfully, you haven't been here long enough to understand the dynamic. 

I know. Just guessing. 

1 minute ago, moxieflux66 said:

And what intention is that? You didn't read his example of an apology, based on his intentions as well but you brushed right by it. In that example, he was matching wits with someone else, purely with the scientific method he explained the 'why' and 'how' of it with. Were his 'intentions' bad there or is it just with you that you feel his motivations are hatred? 

As I said, you can't judge a book by the cover.  Stay awhile and read the pages he presents when another Christian or two show up.  He's not a nice person.

I've already read a lot of his stuff, not with other christians though. I don't generally get the feeling he's hostile but I've been reading a great variety of subjects here and don't have enough time to read everything (that damned social budget...) but I'm watching this thread anyway so I'll be deciding if you are right in due time. 

Meanwhile, just be nice. Even with Walter. 

19 minutes ago, moxieflux66 said:

I've already read a lot of his stuff, not with other christians though. I don't generally get the feeling he's hostile but I've been reading a great variety of subjects here and don't have enough time to read everything (that damned social budget...) but I'm watching this thread anyway so I'll be deciding if you are right in due time. 

Meanwhile, just be nice. Even with Walter. 

We’re not married ma’am.. but I’ll consider bc you “asked”.  Lol

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Edgarcito said:

No, he does it with intention....

The way I see it, in a sense, all of us here have a compulsion to do what we do.  (I am demonstrating it here) The compulsion is simply stronger with some, than with others.

• Like 1

Some of the blame lies with me, AND my intentions when I entered that most Dangerous Place, The Lion's Den. I wanted to stir the pot a bit and it appears I might have done so. Unfortunately for you boys, I CAN be the loudest voice in the room and since I sort of did have the (unconscious) urge to fight a christian, perhaps but my intentions were revealed to be (as is evidenced in my hostile introduction, out of anger). Since then, they have changed considerably into something far greater. I honor the anger from the christian trauma I personally felt by coming here to vent, thus, the Lion's Den. 

I later realized how it would have been better to post that in rants or somewhere else but hey, trial and error. 

1 hour ago, Edgarcito said:

As I said, you can't judge a book by the cover.  Stay awhile and read the pages he presents when another Christian or two show up.  He's not a nice person.

By the way, had I not entered the Den I wouldn't have known there are christians here. Are you the last man standing? I've been told christian women are.....rare here. 

12 minutes ago, moxieflux66 said:

By the way, had I not entered the Den I wouldn't have known there are christians here. Are you the last man standing? I've been told christian women are.....rare here. 

Heck yeah… probably the all time highest poster for a Christian, lol.  The Bible teaches us about perseverance…. but I believe it mentions something about leaving y’all alone….so there’s that..

2 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

but I believe it mentions something about leaving y’all alone….so there’s that..

Does it? I don't remember a verse like that but feel free to post it. Either way, I LIKE it. Thank you for being respectful Ed. 

Since it's the Den and you're the last man standing, did everyone else get eaten? Did 'we win'? 🙂

Ok, now you got me curious. Has a christian woman EVER posted here in the Lion's Den? Anyone? Anyone? I'd look but I'm too lazy. There's more important things on my social budget. 

15 minutes ago, moxieflux66 said:

Ok, now you got me curious. Has a christian woman EVER posted here in the Lion's Den? Anyone? Anyone? I'd look but I'm too lazy. There's more important things on my social budget. 

I don’t remember one.  There was one lady that stopped believing but then returned… I’m sorry I forgot her name.  I think Margee has moved back and forth once but intimately gave up Christianity.  Katherine was her name.  

If someone was helped enough to see one side over the other, then, we've done our job here, as someone else eloquently said. I see this as our mission here, am I wrong? 

33 minutes ago, moxieflux66 said:

Does it? I don't remember a verse like that but feel free to post it. Either way, I LIKE it. Thank you for being respectful Ed. 

Atheists are baby eaters… not grumpy old dudes…

1 minute ago, Edgarcito said:

Atheists are baby eaters… not grumpy old dudes…

ok, I'm going to assume you're saying this a bit tongue in cheek so I'll assume you are being funny. Good! 

7 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

Katherine was her name.  

When was that? I see there's something of a way back machine on the site. You DO remember that cartoon don't you? 

3 minutes ago, moxieflux66 said:

If someone was helped enough to see one side over the other, then, we've done our job here, as someone else eloquently said. I see this as our mission here, am I wrong? 

We all get one life here imo.  I believe it would be best to live it influencing others that maximizes their lives and ours.  Many many aspects of that to consider.

3 minutes ago, moxieflux66 said:

When was that? I see there's something of a way back machine on the site. You DO remember that cartoon don't you? 

I think there is a members list somewhere… either access that or ask the Prof… he would help I believe 

1 minute ago, Edgarcito said:

We all get one life here imo.  I believe it would be best to live it influencing others that maximizes their lives and ours.  Many many aspects of that to consider.

I agree. But not going so far as to try to shove your opinion down his/her throat, right? I know you know when you're antagonizing someone. And beating a dead horse. That sort of wastes time. 

2 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

I think there is a members list somewhere… either access that or ask the Prof… he would help I believe 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for that information. That's exceptionally helpful. 

Also too, you didn't name that cartoon. Come on Ed. 

4 minutes ago, moxieflux66 said:

Also too, you didn't name that cartoon. Come on Ed. 

You’re testing me… HR Puffinstuff?… oh no, it was Sherman the dog? Lol. Dammit I remembered Katherine’s name, isn’t that enough? Lol

Yes! Yes! You've got thirty seconds. Wrong. Wrong. WRONG. 

Anyone else? I see you out there lurking......

Ok, wait. Sherman is right! See? I looked it up. I was thinking Rocky and Bullwinkle but see? You were right! 

And you win the argument!