Goodbye Jesus

A Christian man's viewpoint: "For what it's worth, I think abortion may well be a sin......."

moxieflux66

1 minute ago, DarkBishop said:

Lol 😆 I'm in GA. That'd be the last mistake he ever made. 🤣 He's said about the same to me so why don't ya back me up Weezer. 

Anyway, how about we not derail @moxieflux66 thread in that direction. this is a good one. Abortion rights should be protected. But obviously I think there should be a cap on the time frame. And I think most americans would be OK with that. Barring life or death situations for the mother ofcourse. 

Db

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Goodbye Jesus
18 minutes ago, moxieflux66 said:

would think men would be clamoring for the male version of The Pill I took way back when to prevent pregnancy.

I would be ok with that but the male birth control pill is in its infantsy. I think as it becomes more reliable. Then yes more men would opt for that. I don't know many guys that want a bunch of "baby mamas". I do know a couple tho lmao 🤣 

20 minutes ago, moxieflux66 said:

take the responsibility off us and do something to help rather than wait to have to do something called 'abortion'.

Now moxie. You said it takes two to tango. Both male and female need to be responsible. 

22 minutes ago, moxieflux66 said:

I would think MORAL for the boys of fertile age to help out with the abortion issue by stepping up and doing their part for prevention, that's all.

Yes whole heartedly agree. Teens should be taught not to be irresponsible when it comes to sex. 

DB

1 hour ago, DarkBishop said:

I would be ok with that but the male birth control pill is in its infantsy. I think as it becomes more reliable. Then yes more men would opt for that. I don't know many guys that want a bunch of "baby mamas". I do know a couple tho lmao 🤣 

Fair enough. However, it doesn't seem to be too practical to teach abstinence either. Gee, look how well that's worked especially for christians! So other than rubbers...I mean prophylactics and vasectomy, what else is there for men to share responsibility for pregnancy prevention? 

Now moxie. You said it takes two to tango. Both male and female need to be responsible. 

We've already been doing that. For a long time. 

Yes whole heartedly agree. Teens should be taught not to be irresponsible when it comes to sex. 

Should they be taught sex education? Should that be for a public school to teach? 

2 hours ago, moxieflux66 said:

Should they be taught sex education? Should that be for a public school to teach? 

Oh hell yeah, absolutely. I went to a private school and got shitty Christian sex-ed. I don't know how it was in public schools, but yes they absolutely should.

Also, maybe even teach people about things outside of heterosexual sex as well (homosexuality, bisexuality, asexuality, etc). Maybe optional though, for those that need it and for those who are curious/have questions. Would be better than how I got my specific brand of sex-ed lmao. 

11 hours ago, Casualfanboy16 said:

Oh hell yeah, absolutely. I went to a private school and got shitty Christian sex-ed. I don't know how it was in public schools, but yes they absolutely should.

Also, maybe even teach people about things outside of heterosexual sex as well (homosexuality, bisexuality, asexuality, etc). Maybe optional though, for those that need it and for those who are curious/have questions. Would be better than how I got my specific brand of sex-ed lmao. 

Actually I'm curious as to what they teach now in sex Ed. It still happens in 5th grade here. But I've asked my kids what they really taught them what sex was about how it happened and it seemed like it was very vague. I was surprised.

When I was in fifth grade they showed us drawings of the body parts. Told us what happened during sex And even showed us how to put on a condom with a banana. We knew what sex was when it was over. Lol. I don't think it's the same anymore. 

DB

5 hours ago, moxieflux66 said:

We've already been doing that. For a long time. 

So just because you've been doing it for a long time it's in our court now. Nah. We are just getting more options now. It still takes two. 

Slacking off on the female side would just keep exasperating the problem. Both parties need to make sure there is as close to zero chance of pregnancy as possible. 

I've become a big fan of the morning after pill for those oops moments. If a woman knows there was an issue during sex such as a broke condom or something. Then she should be responsible enough to go get the pill after and end any possibility of a pregnancy. 

Men can't do that. Once it leaves our bodies it's no longer ours anymore. Women have made that clear in the past 20 years. It doesn't make a damn if the man wants the baby or not. It's the woman's decision. I see the logic in that. It's her body that takes the toll. So no arguments there. But what if the man doesn't want the baby? There are women that try to get prego for child support. And that doesn't seem fair. I dunno. Thankfully I've never been in the situation. And probably never will. I did have a scare one time tho. That was enough. 

DB

Delete    Taken to PM.

19 hours ago, Weezer said:

After that comment You should be thankful on this thanksgiving day that Rank can’t identify you, and doesn’t live nearby. 

18 hours ago, DarkBishop said:

Lol 😆 I'm in GA. That'd be the last mistake he ever made. 🤣 He's said about the same to me so why don't ya back me up Weezer. 

What are you two heathens on about?  

47 minutes ago, RankStranger said:

What are you two heathens on about?  

It is a matter between DB and I, which I should have taken to PM immediately instead of saying anything here.  It has to do with treating all human beings with respect.

1 hour ago, Weezer said:

It is a matter between DB and I, which I should have taken to PM immediately instead of saying anything here.  It has to do with treating all human beings with respect.

M'kay.

Am I supposed to be offended about something?  I don't need DB to approve my personal relationship with Jesus Christ.  And were I to knock on his door, I'd bring brownies.

On 11/23/2023 at 12:20 PM, moxieflux66 said:

Hope you're not quoting Beavis and Butthead....whoa

Why would you hope that?

14 hours ago, DarkBishop said:

Slacking off on the female side would just keep exasperating the problem. Both parties need to make sure there is as close to zero chance of pregnancy as possible. 

I was not suggesting 'we' on the female side should 'slack off'. What on earth made you jump to that conclusion? 

Personally, since I've had a man flat out lie to me about being 'fixed' I would never trust a man to have the last say anyway. I would always protect myself from pregnancy and have. After my second child was born, 3 months afterward I had a tubal ligation and I never regretted it. 

I've become a big fan of the morning after pill for those oops moments. If a woman knows there was an issue during sex such as a broke condom or something. Then she should be responsible enough to go get the pill after and end any possibility of a pregnancy. 

Good! In those cases/states where it is still available and not illegal to get it/have it/use it. 

Men can't do that. Once it leaves our bodies it's no longer ours anymore. Women have made that clear in the past 20 years. It doesn't make a damn if the man wants the baby or not. It's the woman's decision. I see the logic in that. It's her body that takes the toll. So no arguments there. But what if the man doesn't want the baby? There are women that try to get prego for child support. And that doesn't seem fair. I dunno. Thankfully I've never been in the situation. And probably never will. I did have a scare one time tho. That was enough. 

So in order to ensure you don't have an 'oops' moment, isn't it best to CONTAIN the little buggers in a rubber...condom...so you don't lose track?? It only makes sense to me. 

And whether or not there are or are not women out there 'trying to get child support' is irrelevant if you take  responsibility for your 'seed'. Is that too much to ask? 

Well Rank, no word from you about what Jesus says about abortion. Got any scriptures specifically from the Big Guy (Jesus, not God) on the subject? 

1 hour ago, moxieflux66 said:

So in order to ensure you don't have an 'oops' moment, isn't it best to CONTAIN the little buggers in a rubber...condom...so you don't lose track?? It only makes sense to me. 

And whether or not there are or are not women out there 'trying to get child support' is irrelevant if you take  responsibility for your 'seed'. Is that too much to ask? 

No trust, just responsibility.  "Jr., you weren't a product of love and trust, you were a lie, an accident, or a lack of responsibility.  Now go clean your room...."

Yes I absolutely think men should use condoms. Especially if they are fertile unless ofcourse both parties have either decided to start trying to have children. Or they talk about it and decide to take the risk with whatever birth control the female or male is taking. 

In the same token. There are women that do the same to men as the man did to you. They will tell a man that they are on birth control or fixed and next thing you know. She's pregnant. It's best for both parties to be cautious of others. Unfortunately people are usually trusting when love starts pulling on the heart strings and they think their significant other would never lie to them about that. 

was not suggesting 'we' on the female side should 'slack off'. What on earth made you jump to that conclusion? 

The way you worded a previous comment made me think that's what you were suggesting. My apologies. I guess I misunderstood. 

DB

Yes I absolutely think men should use condoms. Especially if they are fertile unless ofcourse both parties have either decided to start trying to have children. Or they talk about it and decide to take the risk with whatever birth control the female or male is taking. 

In the same token. There are women that do the same to men as the man did to you. They will tell a man that they are on birth control or fixed and next thing you know. She's pregnant. It's best for both parties to be cautious of others. Unfortunately people are usually trusting when love starts pulling on the heart strings and they think their significant other would never lie to them about that. 

The way you worded a previous comment made me think that's what you were suggesting. My apologies. I guess I misunderstood. 

DB

No I get the same understanding… she’s pissed without actually coming out and saying she’s pissed.  I paid child support for many years exactly because a woman wanted a child and lied.  I was young and ignorant.  She wasn’t.

4 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

No I get the same understanding… she’s pissed without actually coming out and saying she’s pissed.  I paid child support for many years exactly because a woman wanted a child and lied.  I was young and ignorant.  She wasn’t.

So you used a rubber...just to make sure? 

4 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

I'm pissed because I ask you to advocate for condoms???? WTF ED? Now I'm pissed because you're projecting

12 minutes ago, moxieflux66 said:

I'm pissed because I ask you to advocate for condoms???? WTF ED? Now I'm pissed because you're projecting

I think everyone has advocated for condom use in this thread. Condoms are a good pregnancy prevention. Coupled with birth control its even better. 

But sex is better without them. Which is fine if both parties are aware of what could happen, have started other preventative measures, or are trying to get prego. That is something that should be discussed between two people and it isn't anyone's business. 

But what Ed and you mentioned about being lied to is a completely different issue. You both had someone lie to you about their fertility. And obviously had to pay the consequences. 

I personally think that there should be legal actions available if that happens on either side. I've heard of guys taking off condoms before they get off. And I've known many men that were lied to by women about birth control. Honestly the latter seems more common in my experience. I just don't know many men that want to risk 18 years of child support to get someone pregnant against their will. 

And that is where I think legal actions should be able to be taken. Either way it is causing a pregnancy against someone's will. It will financially impact both parties. And change their lives forever. Even if abortion is decided. The woman has to then live with that decision. I don't know what the punishment could be. That is a slippery slope that they obviously don't want to trek. But it really isn't fair for anyone when people do that. 

DB

PS. I actually have a very close friend that has successfully prevented his wife from getting pregnant by the pull out method for YEARS!!! Lmao 🤣 I think one of them is infertile or it's just a matter of time before she gets pregnant. That is the least effective method of birth control. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

PS. I actually have a very close friend that has successfully prevented his wife from getting pregnant by the pull out method for YEARS!!! Lmao 🤣 I think one of them is infertile or it's just a matter of time before she gets pregnant. That is the least effective method of birth control. 

I do believe you are right! 

That is the least effective method of birth control. 

I can personally testify to that!

But hey!  There is another almost as pleasant way to go about it with NO chance of pregnancy!  

• Like 2