Goodbye Jesus

A Christian man's viewpoint: "For what it's worth, I think abortion may well be a sin......."

moxieflux66

3 hours ago, Weezer said:

But hey!  There is another almost as pleasant way to go about it with NO chance of pregnancy!  

And what's that?

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

On 11/23/2023 at 3:42 PM, DarkBishop said:

Lol 😆 I'm in GA. That'd be the last mistake he ever made. 🤣 He's said about the same to me so why don't ya back me up Weezer. 

What exactly did I say to you?

I may be an ass in a variety of ways, but I don't make keyboard-commando threats.  So where is this coming from?

20 hours ago, moxieflux66 said:

Well Rank, no word from you about what Jesus says about abortion. Got any scriptures specifically from the Big Guy (Jesus, not God) on the subject? 

I'm afraid you're barking up the wrong tree.  As far as I'm aware, Jesus never mentioned abortion.  

And I think Evangelicals' singular focus on abortion has been a huge mistake.  They've tainted their churches with some rather nasty and ungodly politics.

But they didn't as my opinion on it :)

1 hour ago, RankStranger said:

What exactly did I say to you?

I may be an ass in a variety of ways, but I don't make keyboard-commando threats.  So where is this coming from?

This was a response to what Weezer said. That I was lucky you couldn't identify me and track me down. I'm looking at it from the prospect that a random stranger I pissed off from the internet stalked me to my house and threatened me. Which in my state gives me the right to use lethal force. Could you imagine how fucked up it would be to have a stranger on your doorstep wanting to harm you for saying he had the intellect of Beavis and butthead?

But what have you done? I dunno, maybe because you insulted my intelligence multiple times. Only because I can actually give you scripture from the bible. Followed me across multiple threads, and called my whole fucking family nothing but Feral trash. 

I may not share my families beliefs anymore but I still love them and whether you like it or not they are a branch of your brothers and sisters in Christ. Your words against them alone are forbidden in the bible. 

You've started threads, seemingly to purposefully not want to discuss your own topic, not discuss questions you don't like, and end up taunting the very people you once called friends. 

Your the one that can't let the idiotic prospect of faith in the bible and its God go. Yet you call me a fundamentalist because I dont see you as a Christian. Your actions on this site are in no way Christian. Not in the teachings of Jesus, Paul, Peter, James, John, The old testament or any other. I would give you scripture to prove the point but I tend to put a lot of time and thought in those responses and your knee jerk reaction is. "Well I'm not a fundamentalist so that doesn't blah blah blah bullshit". 

So I'm not wasting the time to look up the scriptures to discuss things with you anymore. I don't like wasting my time. Sometimes I spend hours on my posts because I enjoy studying old lessons and applying them to the betterment of this site. Gives me some satisfaction and a feeling of redemption for my part in brainwashing people to believe in toxic ideologies. When I bring up these scriptures I'm trying to show you that the bible and Christianity is the exact opposite of who you are. I personally want you to forever free yourself from this belief system. That is my goal for everyone here on this site. I believe fundamentalist Christianity is toxic. Yet.... I'm the fundamentalist. 

You and Ed are two of the most unChristian Christians I've ever met. And I've met some pretty shitty Christians. All I see is two people fooling themselves because they want to make sure they get into heaven and are accepted by their families. 

I think your happiness in the faith is a facade Rank. You know about the bible and all of it's flaws and short comings and you will never be able to forget it. In your own words. You can't unknow what you know. And why you are taking it out on those that oppose the very thing you know is flawed I don't understand. 

You are probably a good person Rank. You're probably a great Exchristian. You're just one shitty asshole of a Christian. 

Sincerely,

Dark Bishop

42 minutes ago, RankStranger said:

I'm afraid you're barking up the wrong tree.  As far as I'm aware, Jesus never mentioned abortion.  

And I think Evangelicals' singular focus on abortion has been a huge mistake.  They've tainted their churches with some rather nasty and ungodly politics.

But they didn't as my opinion on it :)

This is true. They couldn't mention abortion because it didn't exist. Christians are going on the prospect that life starts at conception and abortion is therfore murder. 

But the bible doesn't really reflect that either. So..... it's just the personal biases of the various churches that oppose it. 

9 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

Followed me across multiple threads, and called my whole fucking family nothing but Feral trash. 

I should add you did this knowing I was a Baptist minister and raised Baptist. Coinciding with your previous replies on other threads this seemed like a direct insult to myself and family. 

DB

42 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

I should add you did this knowing I was a Baptist minister and raised Baptist. Coinciding with your previous replies on other threads this seemed like a direct insult to myself and family. 

DB

My apologies.  I'm half Baptist myself for what it's worth.  And I happen to find their theology repugnant.

I didn't realize I was 'following you' across muliple threads.  I was under the impression that this was a discussion forum, populated with people who like to argue about religion.  My bad, I guess.

And I can assure you that I won't be knocking on your door.  So no need to go Keyboard Kommando on me.

24 minutes ago, RankStranger said:

And I can assure you that I won't be knocking on your door.  So no need to go Keyboard Kommando on me.

It wasn't keyboard commando. It's just what I would do if someone tracked me down to my house and scared the hell out on me and my family. I doubt you would do that. And Weezer shouldn't of even brought that hypothetical situation up IMO. 

That is just a response to a hypothetical situation for anyone who would do that. It would not be wise to do that to a southerner. Hell had some people break in on my mama one time. She had her revolver at the ready waiting on them to come in the room. 

That shit just don't fly in the south. Lmao 🤣 it was really not a good thing to suggest to me. And that was not your fault. You got drug into that one. 

DB

32 minutes ago, RankStranger said:

My apologies.  I'm half Baptist myself for what it's worth.  And I happen to find their theology repugnant.

I didn't realize I was 'following you' across muliple threads.  I was under the impression that this was a discussion forum, populated with people who like to argue about religion.  My bad, I guess.

Look, I accept your apology. But my experience is that most baptists are decent Christians. While they usually believe in once saved always saved. They usually live the life as close as they can and believe if you don't that you never believed in the first place. 

But I'm not buying that you weren't trying to get under my skin with your various posts which prompted my response on this thread, that since you couldn't quit Christianity you probably did have the intellect of Beavis and butthead. Which I will now apologize for myself. I apologize. 

And honestly I hate it when people make veiled insulting comments. I would rather you just go ahead and call me a dumbass if that's what you think. Atleast then I know your not thinking I'm too stupid to read into your veiled insults. 

I'm going to respond further on your Paul vs christ thread.  Because we don't mind arguing against religion. 

44 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

Look, I accept your apology. But my experience is that most baptists are decent Christians. While they usually believe in once saved always saved. They usually live the life as close as they can and believe if you don't that you never believed in the first place. 

But I'm not buying that you weren't trying to get under my skin with your various posts which prompted my response on this thread, that since you couldn't quit Christianity you probably did have the intellect of Beavis and butthead. Which I will now apologize for myself. I apologize. 

And honestly I hate it when people make veiled insulting comments. I would rather you just go ahead and call me a dumbass if that's what you think. Atleast then I know your not thinking I'm too stupid to read into your veiled insults. 

I'm going to respond further on your Paul vs christ thread.  Because we don't mind arguing against religion. 

I don't care about the B&B comment.  No apology needed.

I gotta say though that it's strange to find myself in a situation where (1) ya'll invent a fictional scenario by which I would supposedly track you down and knock on your door, and (2) you threaten me over said fictional scenario that I myself never even hinted at.

You could apologize for that if you like 🤔

I don't care about the B&B comment.  No apology needed.

I gotta say though that it's strange to find myself in a situation where (1) ya'll invent a fictional scenario by which I would supposedly track you down and knock on your door, and (2) you threaten me over said fictional scenario that I myself never even hinted at.

I'm not. Weezer is welcome to. I was just saying what would happen if the scenario he mentioned happened. And I explained to you why. And that is how it would happen in the fictional scenario. So I can't apologize for that. 

@Weezer you want to apologize for instigating that in a direction it didn't need to go?

You probably should. To me and Rank. 

DB

Because that was not even in my mind until Weezer said that. I was only insulting your intelligence. Period, end of story. As you did me. He took it there. 

I will say I'm sorry you got drug into that by Weezer. It was never my intention for you to feel threatened or myself. It should have never gone in that direction. 

Is that satisfactory? Atleast from me?

I still think Weezer should apologize. I don't think he has a clue about southern culture, my mother's home intrusion, or my cousin and a former boss having to kill someone In self defense when they pulled a knife on them. My former boss almost died himself from his wounds. I can't apologize for how I would protect myself and family given a certain situation which you would never do. That's all weezer.

DB

On 11/23/2023 at 3:57 PM, Weezer said:

After that comment You should be thankful on this thanksgiving day that Rank can’t identify you, and doesn’t live nearby. 

This was the fictional scenario. Left up to the imagination. A stranger. Not just knocking on my door but stalking me presumably to get even for an insult made online. I don't know where ya live Rank. But if you took the time to actually figure out my name and track me down on Thanksgiving day for retribution........ what am I supposed to Do? Humbly allow you in to attempt kicking my ass? Or worse? I don't know you. All I know is that in this scenario someone from the internet has stalked me and threatened me, and by proxy threatened the lives of my children.  

I would do nothing that I wouldn't expect you to do were the rolls reversed. And I would deserve it. 

DB

If you ask me - and you didn’t - all

these apologies and requests for apologies are getting a bit out of hand.   We’re all adults here.   Can we just move on, and hopefully stay on topic?

Since this is being hung on me, let me explain.  I said what I said half joking about what we could be thankful for on Thanksgiving day.  I had no idea it would morph into what it morphed into.  I actually was hoping to calm the situation down.

• Thanks 1

• Super Moderator

There's a sign on the front door of this forum that says only those with thick skin should participate.  If a bit of light-duty name-calling and hypothetical situation envisioning is going to offend you, might be time for a new set of skin.  Now, let's move on.  Please and thank you and I ain't asking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Since this is being hung on me, let me explain.  I said what I said half joking about what we could be thankful for on Thanksgiving day.  I had no idea it would morph into what it morphed into.  I actually was hoping to calm the situation down.

Really? OK. Maybe you need to think about WHO you are talking to and WHERE they are from next time. We've had a couple of discussions about my stance on guns and lethal force before. What did you expect? 

1 minute ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

There's a sign on the front door of this forum thst says only those with thick skin should participate.  If a bit of light-duty name-calling and hypothetical situation envisioning is going to offend you, might be time for a new set of skin.  Now, let's move on.  Please and thank you and I ain't asking.

Ok fine

On 11/25/2023 at 1:00 AM, Weezer said:

I can personally testify to that!

But hey!  There is another almost as pleasant way to go about it with NO chance of pregnancy!  

To Break the Ice a little and get us back on track from yesterday's derailment of hurt feelings, misunderstood responses, and over all Karen fest. Or would it be Ken fest since we are all guys?

I'm still interested in knowing what this other way to go about it is Weezer? We went off topic right after I asked the last time. 

DB

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

To Break the Ice a little and get us back on track from yesterday's derailment of hurt feelings, misunderstood responses, and over all Karen fest. Or would it be Ken fest since we are all guys?

I'm still interested in knowing what this other way to go about it is Weezer? We went off topic right after I asked the last time. 

DB

Gotta say, as the exclusive karen in the group, I also too am curious.....🤔

After all, we have a public service commitment here, don't we? 

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, moxieflux66 said:

Gotta say, as the exclusive karen in the group, I also too am curious.....🤔

Well, I'm not trying to be anal here, or infringe upon any oral or written response Weezer might offer; but there are several handy ways of engaging in sexual acts that won't end in pregnancy. 

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Well, I'm not trying to be anal here, or infringe upon any oral or written response Weezer might offer; but there are several handy ways of engaging in sexual acts that won't end in pregnancy. 

What a load of puns 🤪

• Super Moderator
2 minutes ago, Casualfanboy16 said:

What a load of puns 🤪

Yeah.  It sucks, doesn't it?

• Haha 1