Goodbye Jesus

Negative Vibes

Guest byrdlady22

Guest byrdlady22
post-1512-1147729552_thumb.jpg :thanks:HI EVERYONE I HAVE A QUESTION YES I BELIEVE IN GOD IM JUST HERE TO GET EVERYONES VIEWS ON WHY IS EVERYONE SO NEGATIVE WHEN IT COMES TO THE BIBLE. WHAT HAPPEN TO YOU TO GET SUCH NEGATIVE VIBES. I LOOKED AROUND SEEN PICTURE OF MEAN FACES PLEASE VENT HERE YOUR VOICE IS HEARD HERE I AM LISTENING.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• saxyroze

• Lycorth

• Amethyst

• Thackerie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I,m upset god that you asked Joshua to murder all those people in Canaan.

A lot of people here have been burned by Christianity and are angry, and they have good reason to be that way. It's a process.

I am not angry, and I am not sure if I ever really was as bitter as some on here are, but I haven't been through some fo things they have, either.

I reject Christianity because of intellectual and historical issues, not because I am mad at God or Jesus or any of that. I don't think anyone on here left Christianity solely due to anger, either.

This site is for people to work out their emotional and intellectual issues regarding God and Christianity. Some people eventually come to find faith in some form of God, although not Christianity... others, like me, reject the idea of God in all forms... but remain open regardless. Others are hard core atheists, and they have reasons for their lack of belief too.

We're glad to have you, just try to understand that others are at a different place than you... and that's okay.

Byrdlady, much better! Now I can read your post! :)

I don't believe there is a God or afterlife, and I'm not afraid of death. When it comes, it comes. I've done my part in the big machinery. And I'm very content with these feelings, much more than when I was Christian. Strange, isn't it?

And even though Pandora said there are people here because they got burnet from Christians or religion, that's not really my deal. I just lost the feelings there was anything supernatural or superbeings outside the universe. I lost this feeling and I lost my belief, and there were no God that would give it to me again. You believe because you believe, and when you don't believe, you just don't believe. That's how simple it is. Has nothing to do with magic or spiritual powers.

HI EVERYONE I HAVE A QUESTION YES I BELIEVE IN GOD IM JUST HERE TO GET EVERYONES VIEWS ON WHY IS EVERYONE SO NEGATIVE WHEN IT COMES TO THE BIBLE. WHAT HAPPEN TO YOU TO GET SUCH NEGATIVE VIBES. I LOOKED AROUND SEEN PICTURE OF MEAN FACES PLEASE VENT HERE YOUR VOICE IS HEARD HERE I AM LISTENING.

Have you actually read it? And compared it to the religion supposedly based on it? They don't match very well (fortunately, as the bible promotes slavery, intolerance, bigotry, prejudice, racism, sexism, and genocide).

Anyone who claims the Bible is about Biblegod's love has NOT read the book, and is speaking from just the culturally encouraged POV of christianity.

People claim the Bible is a historically accurate account. It is not. You cannot even verify who wrote the books of the bible. It is fiction that ignorant people have been taught to embrace as "fact". So it's not the Bible itself that I have any beef with. it is simply a very badly written book. Cannot fault it for that. But I can dislike and abhor the ignorant embrace of such literature.

Especially as it depicts god as no better than the jealous, petty, egotistical, violent, and cruel gods of ancient past.

How exactly should someone feel when they throw away years, sometimes decades of their life, making decisions based on a belief system that turns out to be a lie?

Am I supposed to just brush it off like it's no big deal?

First of all, capsizing every word means you’re yelling and it’s hard to read.

Now, I’m not angry at the bible but I do get annoyed at close-minded Christians who can’t think outside of their tiny, biblical box. There’s more to life than the bible. The world is vast and too complex to fit into the Christian’s tiny little box so by staying in their box they’re missing so much in life. And it irritates me when they refuse to look beyond their comfort zone while proclaiming they know the truth yet in fact, no one does, not even them.

Christianity says it’s about love, grace and mercy…but really it’s more and more like hate, prejudice, arrogance, ignorance, fear, rigidity and a scapegoat from reality.

post-1512-1147729552_thumb.jpg :thanks:HI EVERYONE I HAVE A QUESTION YES I BELIEVE IN GOD IM JUST HERE TO GET EVERYONES VIEWS ON WHY IS EVERYONE SO NEGATIVE WHEN IT COMES TO THE BIBLE. WHAT HAPPEN TO YOU TO GET SUCH NEGATIVE VIBES. I LOOKED AROUND SEEN PICTURE OF MEAN FACES PLEASE VENT HERE YOUR VOICE IS HEARD HERE I AM LISTENING.

Your profile says you are interested in making people know that god is real. Do you mean god as portrayed in the bible (i.e., a cruel, deceitful monster subject to fits of rampage)? Or do you have some other idea of the nature of god?

Many deists condemn the judeo-christian bible because of the horrible way it portrays a god that they prefer to think of as wise and loving. Many others see the bible in a negative light because it has been, and continues to be, used to condone slavery, the subordination of women, discrimination, homophobia and a whole host of other ills. Take your pick; it hardly qualifies as "the good book."

i124219751_24467_2.gif :thanks:HI EVERYONE I HAVE A QUESTION YES I BELIEVE IN GOD IM JUST HERE TO GET EVERYONES VIEWS ON WHY IS EVERYONE SO NEGATIVE WHEN IT COMES TO THE BIBLE. WHAT HAPPEN TO YOU TO GET SUCH NEGATIVE VIBES. I LOOKED AROUND SEEN PICTURE OF MEAN FACES PLEASE VENT HERE YOUR VOICE IS HEARD HERE I AM LISTENING.

First off. You're getting some seriously bad vibes from me due to the all caps, the run-on-sentences, and the fact that you obviously didn't read a damn thing on this site before sitting in front of your keyboard and spewing mindless drivel across the screen.

Now as to why I am "negative" when it comes to the Bible? I just treat it like I would any other book, how is that negative?

May I turn it around, why are others so negative to other books, burning them all the time?

Byrdlady saw pictures of mean faces so this site must be full of "ill" peeps, so it is now Byrd's duty to try to find out why peeps be so ill and to talkin in sentences that run-on and make sense none. :grin:

I would like your opinion, Byrdlady, on why Christians look at the bible in such a positive manor. Most know very little about its contents and yet they feel the need to preach about it to non-believers(who actually know more about the bible than most Christians...which is why they disregard it entirely).

Who's faces are mean? I don't think I have a mean face...

wait a second...is this a joke? :nono:

i don't like the bible cause it makes no sense, the god in it is an angry war god, christianity acts like a big bully pushing its ideas on others and in history christianity was no better than terrorists are. i am no angry at christianity i am against it.

post-1512-1147729552_thumb.jpg

....by the way, I like that picture you attached. B)

i124219751_24467_2.gif

....by the way, I like that picture you attached. B)

Yeah, those angels are a couple of hotties :)

Got some good vibes goin' on over here :wicked:

Guest byrdlady22

Sorry for the run ons or the caps never wanted to offend anyone some people think they are grammer teachers. I typedpost-1512-1147745360_thumb.jpg this way because im talking not taking a spelling or grammer test so chill out grammer teachers. I am not here to change anyone you be who you want to be a good person or a bad person. I dont have the power to change anyone but myself so do your thing just dont hurt nobody. To the people who liked my pictures thank you. peace :vent:

Byrdlady, you may want to tighten up on the grammar a bit, just to come across better. Oh, and be careful with the tone. You're not being very positive by being so critical.

And keep the pictures coming so perhaps I can, too :wicked:

You come to this site and accuse people of being angry because they look angry in a picture. Nobody here is a grammer teacher, but half of your sentences dont make any sense. Why dont you explain why you are here and end the confusion?

Is this another prank? Also Byrdlady, if you believe in the Christian deity, why did you answer "any gods" with money? Doesn't sound very Christian to me. I smell a practical joke.

First, all caps signifies yelling. I'd advise against it. Doesn't come off very mature or nice. Second, a lot of these avatars are a part of expressive fun, not hatred. Thirdly, some are angry. They've been ravaged by fundyism and other forms of ignorance, but there is nothing wrong with expressing their disappointments here. It is, after all, the place for it. Negative energies can be handled appropriately. Fourthly, when it comes to the Bible, there's a lot to be negative about!

(JH)

Also, this is the rants section. This is the area of the forums that is specifically for venting. If you don't like it, then don't read it. That is what the back button is on your browser for (and also the red X).

I have a mean face. In my sig line.

Well, if ppl didn't do so much hateful, cruel shit, and then defend it with the bible, we wouldn't have any reason to look at it negatively, now would we....

It... it... scares me!!!

I love Stephen King books and movies... heh heh heh...

Byrdlady has the word 'money' where it says 'Any Gods?'. :shrug:

Cool pics though. Got any nude ones?