Goodbye Jesus

Common Tactics Used By Christians

KT45

18. It is rational to believe in the Christian God and irrational not to believe in the Christian God.

19. You can not deny that there is some kind of evil presence in this world

20. God wants to help this world not hurt it. He heals the sick and they recover.

21. Here read this (hands you chick tract, bible, some book whatever) doesn't take long. It will change your life.

22. I know that this stuff is real. I've had visions, felt christ in my dreams and I believe I've entertianed angels unaware. I can tell you about each of my expierences

23. In Near Death Expirences, patients have been able to come out of their bodies and view them. Afterwards many went to heaven and/or hell and came back to tell us about it. No one has ever come back saying don't believe in God. Doesn't this give you a little reason to believe that their might be a higher power than us?

24. The sins described in the bible are there for a reason and it is wise to know them. Everyone who has lived those sin that I have know has had bad expierences. This includes fornicators, adulterors, drunks etc.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KT45

• godlessgrrl

• Ouroboros

• Japedo

Heck, this looks like fun. I'll give it a go :grin:

10. Do you face problems and trials in your life? I guarentee a life with Christ Jesus will help you through whatever you face.

By focusing on the problem and more importantly the solution. Not by leaning on a story.

11. We don't have all the answers in life and I know it's hard to understand our purpose. Only through Christ can we truly find meaning.

And yet 'we can never fully understand God', 'God works in mysterious ways', etc are all valid answers coming out of Christians' mouths.

I believe our purpose is what we make it to be. Children. Helping others. Generally working to improve the world.

12. You know that the world won't love you and the world will reject you. Jesus on the other hand won't. You just have to believe.

So, I have to believe before He'll show me proof? Sounds like a good plan. How 'bout we reverse that so that it makes sense?

13. If you don't believe in God, then it won't hurt to (pray, speak to him, go to church etc).

I'll sure lose a lot of sleep on Sunday mornings.

14. It may be hard to understand but I know in my heart that Jesus is real and he loves me. I'm sure if you search your heart you will too.

Nope. Done it. Nothing happened.

15. This world we live in is just so complex and wonderfully made. There are so many things science just can't comprehend. How can you deny after seeing all of this.

But why does that proove the existance of the Christian God?

And why is it ok for a Christian to say 'we cannot comprehend God', but a non-Christian cannot say 'we cannot comprehend nature'?

16. Just look around you. Wars are breaking out. Earthquakes and floods are devastating america. Europe is beginning to become one nation just like the bible predicts (any other Jack Van Impe prediction crap). Prophecies are coming true. The world is ending and Jesus will be coming soon. Will you be ready?

This stuff has always happened. We just haven't had CNN to show it to us until now.

17. Why take a chance with your soul? If I'm wrong then I just die, if your wrong you spend eternity in hell!!! Why even risk it?

According to Christianity Jesus knows what's in my heart. So if I'm just 'believing' in Him to be safe, he'll know it and send me to Hell anyway. I'd prefer not to lie, even to somebody I don't believe in.

2. Let's say you committed several serious crimes and have a $1,000,000 fine or you will go to jail for the rest of your life. Now let's say you have confessed to the crimes as you did a moment ago to the lying, stealing, hating and blaspheme. You say to the judge "I am really sorry and I won’t do it again and I know you’re a good judge so I expect you to just let me go and not punish me for the crimes". What do you think a good and just judge would say to you? He would say "your right you did wrong, you should have known better, and you’re right I am a good judge so I will make sure that justice is done and find you guilty". It won’t matter in that courtroom how good you think you are or how many good things you have done. You will be found guilty as charged. Likewise you would be found by a Holy God to be guilty and spend eternity in Hell.

Meanwhile, in the seat behind you sits your loving father. As the judge reads out the sentence your father places his hand gently on your shoulder and whispers in your ear "I love you son. I forgive you, and I'll help you through this in any way I can."

I was going to ask at this point, "Which one is God? The father or the judge?" But the christian story already defines God as the quite harsh judge. I mean, this story just gets sillier the more I think about it. A lifetime in jail for telling a lie like "no your arse doesn't look big in those pants."? or for finding your boss' daugher quite sexy? (don't ask) Fair dinkum. That's not "just." that's what evil dictators do.

I like this thread.

3. if you believe there is no God, why are you afraid of death?
I'm not afraid of death. Why did you assume that I was?

Is it a natural human reaction to be afraid of death? Who made you have that reaction?
Our selfish genes.

Oh you’re not afraid of death? then why are you afraid to lose someone close?
Why are you assuming all these things? No I don't fear it. Everyone will die eventually, including you.
How is this missing implanted in you? How are you full of those invisible feelings?
Evolution.

4. Why is a nonbeliever always feeling lost although he chose that way? Because he feels there is something missing,
I'm not feeling lost. And I've yet to meet another nonbeliever who feels lost or that there's something missing. The only people I know who have felt this way are christians.

5. If there is no god, where did life come from?
Replication and evolution.

6. I would ask this of non - believers - when you , on your deathbed , for whatever reason , know you are dying , you are suddenly faced with a choice - who do you pray to - science , or something which 80% of people believe in - God ;
How or why am I suddenly faced with a choice? Why would I pray to anything on my deathbed? According to you guys, the only god actually worth believing in is believed on by only, at the most generous of estimates, 20% of people, so you just told a lie, and you will be fined $1.000.000 or a lifetime in jail.

7. If you should die right now, would you definitely receive eternal life and live with the Father in heaven?
(I could have fun with this one. How about...) Yes. Because I'm God's special child, raising holy hands unto the Lord.

8. Ask non-Believers how anything can matter, since we’ll all be dead in 100 years
Because I want to maximise my happiness, and minimise my misery. So go away.

25. This is for the all the people still living with mommy and daddy. Works real well. "As for me and my house, we WILL serve the Lord" i.e. serve God or we will kick you out

26. The bible is the only religious book written by 40 authors all about the same person and they don't contradict! Any contradictions that seem to be in the bible are easily explained by scholars (don't have too much fun with this one)

27. Christianity has done so much to help the world like feed the hungery and clothe the poor. They've done so many good things because they followed the positive teachings of christ like love your neighbor. Why wouldn't you want to join?

28. The message of the bible is clearly loving and peaceful. Love you neighbor, love your enemy, do good to those who abuse you, do not steal, do not lie and many more. These teachings have set the morals for america why not follow it?

29. Christianity is the one clearly the one true religion. Unlike other religions it has stood the test of time. Also it is the world's largest religion. This shows that God is clearly manifesting in the lives of all people

30. "you look cute. Wanna go out with me tomorrow morning for chruch. It'll be fun!!" (whoring for Jesus :woohoo:

Honestly, the best way to beat christians at their own game is to use their Bibles against them and BUST THEIR BALLS!!! I do it all the time. Most Christians are completely stupid about he ridimentary parts of their Bibles and how they fit together. Most are no challenge to me.

Yeah but then you have to constantly study the bible, practically know the bible, know the history, know your arguments and know your counter arguments. Sounds like years of study to me. Unless you got a short list of scriptures to keep handy that you constantly use I wouldn't recommend it unless your really prepared (or can copy and paste) . Also you might catch yourself in a trap if you use the bible against them out of context.

(*NOTE: The various "you"'s in this and the rest of my posts are NOT directed at you personally, Taylork - they're part of the response to the generic, imaginary Xians who've come up with the quotes you posted.)

I figured that. But if it helps you out to think I'm some christian that is trying to save your soul then go right ahead and insult and attack me.

I can take it!!!!!

:spanka:

1. Are you 100% sure you will go to heaven at death.

Nope.

2. Upon death when arriving at the gate of heaven, and Jesus ask's; Why should I allow you to enter? What would you answer?

Because you love me.

3. I can tell you so much about Jesus has touch my life, my families life….love….Jesus blah blah (testimonies- especially the really heart touching crap)

Fag.

4. A good friend ask do you want (to go to church/ or watch a tv evangelist) with me?

Sure, why not?

5. "What do you think happens after death?"

Not-life.

6. "How do you think a person becomes a Christian?"

Lobotomy?

8. "Look, if you will give me a minute of your time, I can show you how to be sure that you will spend eternity in heaven, not in hell. All you need do is ask Jesus into your heart, and you can do that just by saying a brief prayer with me. Will you pray the prayer that will save you from eternity in hell? It takes only about ten seconds."

What will that feel like and what if I don't feel it?

9. begin with a positive statement - "God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life."

Awesome, I guess I don't have to choose anything.

25. This is for the all the people still living with mommy and daddy. Works real well. "As for me and my house, we WILL serve the Lord" i.e. serve God or we will kick you out

Yea, and sometimes mommy and daddy are abusive assholes who shouldn't take care of anyone, great analogy.

26. The bible is the only religious book written by 40 authors all about the same person and they don't contradict! Any contradictions that seem to be in the bible are easily explained by scholars (don't have too much fun with this one)

Hey wow, that doesn't mean it's true!

27. Christianity has done so much to help the world like feed the hungery and clothe the poor. They've done so many good things because they followed the positive teachings of christ like love your neighbor. Why wouldn't you want to join?

No, you dumb fuck, PEOPLE have done so much to help the world like feed the hungry and clothe the poor. And yes, even non-christians do that too, so how does that further your argument that Christianity is better?

28. The message of the bible is clearly loving and peaceful. Love you neighbor, love your enemy, do good to those who abuse you, do not steal, do not lie and many more. These teachings have set the morals for america why not follow it?

How is this loving and peaceful? It's pacifist and altruistic. Those aren't good morals, those are wimpy tree-hugging-I'm-a-big-douche morals.

Yea, they set the morals for america, that's why it's such a great and moral nation...

29. Christianity is the one clearly the one true religion. Unlike other religions it has stood the test of time. Also it is the world's largest religion. This shows that God is clearly manifesting in the lives of all people

Hmmm...let's see....Hinduism has stood a longer test of time, therefore it's clearly true.

Do you count Catholics as True Christians?

0. "you look cute. Wanna go out with me tomorrow morning for chruch. It'll be fun!!" (whoring for Jesus :woohoo:

Can I fuck you in the ass afterwards?

26. Don't you see how things got worse for america after they took prayer out of schools. This is because Christ is no longer in the school and making are youth more loving.

27. Christian schools have a lower rate of violence in schools. Christians have been shown to live longer. Kids brought in church have a lower rate of teen pregnancy. Adults in church have marriages that last longer. Doesn't this tell you something?!! (these are stats i pulled out of my ass so they must be true :woohoo: )

28. Without christ, can you picture how america would be. There would be social anarchy and america would be the nation we now and love now.

29. I've have seen people actually be healed under the power of God in real life and plenty of times on television. I've seen the crippled walk, I've seen the sick healed, and I personally had cancer chased out of my body praise the Lord

30. I just love the christian atmosphere, you can dance, sing and worship. It's truely an uplifting feeling. Wouldn't you like to expierence it.

31. I've meet actual prophets of God how predicted my life and helped guide me on my path. To me this shows that God is real

Do you think I got all the ususal tactics?

I figured that. But if it helps you out to think I'm some christian that is trying to save your soul then go right ahead and insult and attack me.

I can take it!!!!!

:spanka:

Woo!! Bend ovah then, babee!! :wicked:

I'm certainly enjoying this thread. It's a great way to practice smartassed responses to stupid Xian platitudes and bad doctrine.

1. Are you 100% sure you will go to heaven at death

2. Upon death when arriving at the gate of heaven, and Jesus ask's; Why should I allow you to enter? What would you answer?

3. I can tell you so much about Jesus has touch my life, my families life….love….Jesus blah blah (testimonies- especially the really heart touching crap)

4. A good friend ask do you want (to go to church/ or watch a tv evangelist) with me?

5. "What do you think happens after death?"

6. "How do you think a person becomes a Christian?"

7. Have you ever received Christ as your personal Lord and Savior? (how do you answer as an ex-christian?)

8. "Look, if you will give me a minute of your time, I can show you how to be sure that you will spend eternity in heaven, not in hell. All you need do is ask Jesus into your heart, and you can do that just by saying a brief prayer with me. Will you pray the prayer that will save you from eternity in hell? It takes only about ten seconds."

9. begin with a positive statement - "God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life."

1. I'm 100% sure that I won't go to heaven at death!

2. See answer 1.

3. No he can't. He can only tell you how the idea of Jesus touched his life. The idea of Allah can and has done the same sort of things.

4. Say no thanks, I'm trying to give up my addiction. If you are giving up booze it would be dumb to go to a bar with a friend. Same holds for church until you are over it.

5. It will be just like before you were born. If that didn't bother you, neither will being dead bother you. However, the process of dying may very well be scary. Don't confuse the two.

6. S/he is sold a bill of goods that once recieved is hard to dispose of.

7. No, but I thought I did for a while.

8. Been there, done that.

9. No thanks, You should have seen my garden when God was taking care of it. Or, seeing the shape that the world is in either god's plan is fucked up or he is not a very good administrator of his plan.

Great! Where's my suitcase?

This is a blatant lie. The Buybull isn't consistent, isn't about the same person (though it is about the adventures of a particular culture), and is full of contradictions that can't really be reconciled well - not to mention the "hundreds of fulfilled prophecies" that were either never really fulfilled, or else were so vague as to be fulfillable in any number of ways.

The Buybull isn't proof that Xianity is true, or that the Xian god is real, or anything. The Buybull is nothing but exactly what it is: a collection of the myths and legends of a particular Bronze Age culture, with some writings from the early Xian period tacked on for good measure. It's been sliced, diced, translated, re-translated, mis-translated, edited, re-edited, and generally tossed more times than a Caesar salad. It's got some great stories, sure - but all the assertions contained in #26 are a bald lie that most Xians just don't want to admit to.

Oh yeah? Love your neighbor, huh? Like Lot's daughters, whom he offered up to be gangraped? Or the concubine who was gangraped all night until she died, and whose body was cut into 12 parts and sent all over Israel by her master? Or like the various folks who had the misfortune to cross Joshua's path?

Yeah. Feel the love. The OT is a convenient thing to forget when talking about "God's love".

And why should the good works of any religion be enough to make me want to join up?

Hm. Loving and peaceful, eh? See response to #27.

Said teachings aren't unique to Xianity, anyway. The Golden Rule is found, for instance, in a variety of faiths and philosophies from around the world. And let's not even veer anywhere NEAR the subject of America = Xian Nation. It's a load of shit. American morals are based on a lot of things. Xianity has a part. So does money, and power, and sex, and greed. So do all the various practices of the people of different cultures that have arrived here over time.

Besides, what the hell is really so great about loving your enemies, or doing good to people who abuse me? Fuck that. I serve people as they serve me. Letting people abuse you is just being a walking doormat. I've had enough of that, fuckyouverymuch.

Okay, if we're going to make the fallacious claim that the age or duration of a religion is what gives it any kind of validity, then we all ought to be involved in some form of Goddess worship, since it's likely that was the religion of human choice for some 40,000 years, at least throughout most of Europe and Central Asia. (See Marjia Gimbutas for scholarly references.)

And this "world's largest religion" crap? Load of honk. Look up some statistics. Last I checked, about a third of the world considered itself Xian. A third is hardly "the world's largest". (In fact I think Islam has Xianity beat, at least at the moment... although I wouldn't swear to that.)

In any case, so what if it's the largest? Number of adherents doesn't suggest truth, it just suggests that a lot of people believe the lie.

30. "you look cute. Wanna go out with me tomorrow morning for chruch. It'll be fun!!"

Only if you put out first. :wicked:

26. Don't you see how things got worse for america after they took prayer out of schools. This is because Christ is no longer in the school and making are youth more loving.

Shut the fuck up.

27. Christian schools have a lower rate of violence in schools. Christians have been shown to live longer. Kids brought in church have a lower rate of teen pregnancy. Adults in church have marriages that last longer. Doesn't this tell you something?!!

You mention, TaylorK, that you pulled these stats out of your ass... most Xians making such claims do, too.

Demand statistics from non-biased sources. I can guarantee you won't get them, but demand them anyway.

28. Without christ, can you picture how america would be. There would be social anarchy and america would be the nation we now and love now.

:Wendywhatever:

29. I've have seen people actually be healed under the power of God in real life and plenty of times on television. I've seen the crippled walk, I've seen the sick healed, and I personally had cancer chased out of my body praise the Lord

Great! Did you tape it? No? I can't see it? That's too bad. Sorry you can't give me better evidence. What's that? Why isn't your word enough? Because I don't trust you, that's why. Oh yeah, and that cancer thing - did you happen to be undergoing medical treatment for it at the time? Yes? And of course, your cure couldn't possibly have anything to do with that, now, could it. Moron.

30. I just love the christian atmosphere, you can dance, sing and worship. It's truely an uplifting feeling. Wouldn't you like to expierence it.

:repuke:

31. I've meet actual prophets of God how predicted my life and helped guide me on my path. To me this shows that God is real

:liar:

Here is the whole compiled list so far

1. Have you stolen anything? If you have, doesn't that make you a thief? Have you ever lied? Doesn't that make you a liar? Have you ever looked upon a member of the opposite sex with lust in your eyes? Doesn't that make you an adulterer? We have already gone over three of the ten commandments. Therefore, it is important to accept Jesus as your savior because he is our advocate to the Father to forgive us of our sins.

2. Let's say you committed several serious crimes and have a $1,000,000 fine or you will go to jail for the rest of your life. Now let's say you have confessed to the crimes as you did a moment ago to the lying, stealing, hating and blaspheme. You say to the judge "I am really sorry and I won’t do it again and I know you’re a good judge so I expect you to just let me go and not punish me for the crimes". What do you think a good and just judge would say to you? He would say "your right you did wrong, you should have known better, and you’re right I am a good judge so I will make sure that justice is done and find you guilty". It won’t matter in that courtroom how good you think you are or how many good things you have done. You will be found guilty as charged. Likewise you would be found by a Holy God to be guilty and spend eternity in Hell

3. if you believe there is no God, why are you afraid of death?! Is it a natural human reaction to be afraid of death? Who made you have that reaction? Oh you’re not afraid of death? then why are you afraid to lose someone close? The fear to miss that person? How is this missing implanted in you? How are you full of those invisible feelings?

4. Why is a nonbeliever always feeling lost although he chose that way? Because he feels there is something missing,

6. I would ask this of non - believers - when you , on your deathbed , for whatever reason , know you are dying , you are suddenly faced with a choice - who do you pray to - science , or something which 80% of people believe in - God ;

7. If you should die right now, would you definitely receive eternal life and live with the Father in heaven?

8. Ask non-Believers how anything can matter, since we’ll all be dead in 100 years

9. What's the point of having moral values if there is no afterlife and nothing matters?

10. If there's no definite proof that god doesn't exist, or does exist, why deny the existance of god instead of having an open-mind in between?

11. Have you ever felt something missing in your life that money, objects and people can't fulfil?

12. Do you want to go to hell? (puts you directly into the mindset that you already assume hell is real making it really effective)

13. Jesus loves you ....blah .....blah .....blah......why wouldn't you accept him into your life.

14. Upon death when arriving at the gate of heaven, and Jesus ask's; Why should I allow you to enter? What would you answer?

15. I can tell you so much about Jesus has touch my life, my families life….love….Jesus blah blah (testimonies- especially the really heart touching crap)

16. A good friend ask do you want (to go to church/ or watch a tv evangelist) with me?

17. "What do you think happens after death?"

18. "How do you think a person becomes a Christian?"

19. Have you ever received Christ as your personal Lord and Savior? (how do you answer as an ex-christian?)

20. "Look, if you will give me a minute of your time, I can show you how to be sure that you will spend eternity in heaven, not in hell. All you need do is ask Jesus into your heart, and you can do that just by saying a brief prayer with me. Will you pray the prayer that will save you from eternity in hell? It takes only about ten seconds."

21. begin with a positive statement - "God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life."

10. Do you face problems and trials in your life? I guarentee a life with Christ Jesus will help you through whatever you face.

22. We don't have all the answers in life and I know it's hard to understand our purpose. Only through Christ can we truly find meaning.

23. You know that the world won't love you and the world will reject you. Jesus on the other hand won't. You just have to believe.

24. If you don't believe in God, then it won't hurt to (pray, speak to him, go to church etc).

25. It may be hard to understand but I know in my heart that Jesus is real and he loves me. I'm sure if you search your heart you will too.

26. This world we live in is just so complex and wonderfully made. There are so many things science just can't comprehend. How can you deny after seeing all of this.

27. Just look around you. Wars are breaking out. Earthquakes and floods are devastating america. Europe is beginning to become one nation just like the bible predicts (any other Jack Van Impe prediction crap). Prophecies are coming true. The world is ending and Jesus will be coming soon. Will you be ready?

28. Why take a chance with your soul? If I'm wrong then I just die, if your wrong you spend eternity in hell!!! Why even risk it?

29. It is rational to believe in the Christian God and irrational not to believe in the Christian God.

30. You can not deny that there is some kind of evil presence in this world

31. God wants to help this world not hurt it. He heals the sick and they recover.

32. Here read this (hands you chick tract, bible, some book whatever) doesn't take long. It will change your life.

33. I know that this stuff is real. I've had visions, felt christ in my dreams and I believe I've entertianed angels unaware. I can tell you about each of my expierences

34. In Near Death Expirences, patients have been able to come out of their bodies and view them. Afterwards many went to heaven and/or hell and came back to tell us about it. No one has ever come back saying don't believe in God. Doesn't this give you a little reason to believe that their might be a higher power than us?

35. The sins described in the bible are there for a reason and it is wise to know them. Everyone who has lived those sin that I have know has had bad expierences. This includes fornicators, adulterors, drunks etc.

36. This is for the all the people still living with mommy and daddy. Works real well. "As for me and my house, we WILL serve the Lord" i.e. serve God or we will kick you out

37. The bible is the only religious book written by 40 authors all about the same person and they don't contradict! Any contradictions that seem to be in the bible are easily explained by scholars (don't have too much fun with this one)

38. Christianity has done so much to help the world like feed the hungery and clothe the poor. They've done so many good things because they followed the positive teachings of christ like love your neighbor. Why wouldn't you want to join?

39. The message of the bible is clearly loving and peaceful. Love you neighbor, love your enemy, do good to those who abuse you, do not steal, do not lie and many more. These teachings have set the morals for america why not follow it?

40. Christianity is the one clearly the one true religion. Unlike other religions it has stood the test of time. Also it is the world's largest religion. This shows that God is clearly manifesting in the lives of all people

41. "you look cute. Wanna go out with me tomorrow morning for chruch. It'll be fun!!" (whoring for Jesus

42. Don't you see how things got worse for america after they took prayer out of schools. This is because Christ is no longer in the school and making are youth more loving.

43. Christian schools have a lower rate of violence in schools. Christians have been shown to live longer. Kids brought in church have a lower rate of teen pregnancy. Adults in church have marriages that last longer. Doesn't this tell you something?!! (these are stats i pulled out of my ass so they must be true )

44. Without christ, can you picture how america would be. There would be social anarchy and america would be the nation we now and love now.

45. I've have seen people actually be healed under the power of God in real life and plenty of times on television. I've seen the crippled walk, I've seen the sick healed, and I personally had cancer chased out of my body praise the Lord

46. I just love the christian atmosphere, you can dance, sing and worship. It's truely an uplifting feeling. Wouldn't you like to expierence it.

47. I've meet actual prophets of God how predicted my life and helped guide me on my path. To me this shows that God is real

29. It is rational to believe in the Christian God and irrational not to believe in the Christian God.

Huh??

There's no evil presence in this world. There, I just denied it.

Bad shit happens. What's "bad" or not is defined purely by humans, and inflicted purely by humans. There is no need for the agency or excuse of a supreme evil being as the ultimate cause of evil.

31. God wants to help this world not hurt it. He heals the sick and they recover.

Right. So why doesn't he heal amputees?

32. Here read this (hands you chick tract, bible, some book whatever) doesn't take long. It will change your life.

<Uses tract, Bible, etc., as rolling papers>

33. I know that this stuff is real. I've had visions, felt christ in my dreams and I believe I've entertianed angels unaware. I can tell you about each of my expierences

That's nice. I recommend a visit to a qualified psychiatrist.

34. In Near Death Expirences, patients have been able to come out of their bodies and view them. Afterwards many went to heaven and/or hell and came back to tell us about it. No one has ever come back saying don't believe in God. Doesn't this give you a little reason to believe that their might be a higher power than us?

No. It just means some people see weird shit as they're dying.

35. The sins described in the bible are there for a reason and it is wise to know them. Everyone who has lived those sin that I have know has had bad expierences. This includes fornicators, adulterors, drunks etc.

The concept of personal responsibility and negative consequences for negative actions is an old one, not exclusive to the Buybull. And y'know what? Everyone I know has had bad experiences, regardless of whether or not they engaged in any alleged "sins" or not.

Bad shit happens. Good shit happens. It's called life, you gawd-shaped hole.

(Edited cuz I screwed up the quote tags. Oops.)

1. Have you stolen anything? If you have, doesn't that make you a thief? Have you ever lied? Doesn't that make you a liar? Have you ever looked upon a member of the opposite sex with lust in your eyes? Doesn't that make you an adulterer? We have already gone over three of the ten commandments. Therefore, it is important to accept Jesus as your savior because he is our advocate to the Father to forgive us of our sins.

2. Let's say you committed several serious crimes and have a $1,000,000 fine or you will go to jail for the rest of your life. Now let's say you have confessed to the crimes as you did a moment ago to the lying, stealing, hating and blaspheme. You say to the judge "I am really sorry and I won’t do it again and I know you’re a good judge so I expect you to just let me go and not punish me for the crimes". What do you think a good and just judge would say to you? He would say "your right you did wrong, you should have known better, and you’re right I am a good judge so I will make sure that justice is done and find you guilty". It won’t matter in that courtroom how good you think you are or how many good things you have done. You will be found guilty as charged. Likewise you would be found by a Holy God to be guilty and spend eternity in Hell.

I think that we should all be punished for our actions-eternity in hell seems a bit harsh for stealing something doesn't it though? this is what karma is about-if you believe in it. If you steal-you should go to jail for the alloted time right?

Heres my personal answers to all the questions:

3. if you believe there is no God, why are you afraid of death?! Is it a natural human reaction to be afraid of death? Who made you have that reaction? Oh you’re not afraid of death? then why are you afraid to lose someone close? The fear to miss that person? How is this missing implanted in you? How are you full of those invisible feelings?

I am not afraid of death

I can admit that i don't have all the answers-but i don't necessarily need them to be happy in my life

I am not atheist just not christian

many of these people are praying out of fear, not out of love

no, i would be reincarnated

again, reincarnation

9. What's the point of having moral values if there is no afterlife and nothing matters?

the present matters doesn't it?

10. If there's no definite proof that god doesn't exist, or does exist, why deny the existance of god instead of having an open-mind in between?

I do have an open mind-speak to me god if you exist!!!

11. Have you ever felt something missing in your life that money, objects and people can't fulfil?

yes, to money and objects-but love of others, animals, life itself and myself has filled that void very well

12. Do you want to go to hell? (puts you directly into the mindset that you already assume hell is real making it really effective)

no, good thing it isn't real

13. Jesus loves you ....blah .....blah .....blah......why wouldn't you accept him into your life.

I'm 0% sure-hense reincarnation

14. Upon death when arriving at the gate of heaven, and Jesus ask's; Why should I allow you to enter? What would you answer?

reincarnation baby!!

15. I can tell you so much about Jesus has touch my life, my families life….love….Jesus blah blah (testimonies- especially the really heart touching crap)

I can tell you-not at all. Not that I'm not open to it.

16. A good friend ask do you want (to go to church/ or watch a tv evangelist) with me?

no

17. "What do you think happens after death?"

reincarnation-duh

18. "How do you think a person becomes a Christian?"

by being manipulated and brain-washed, how else?

19. Have you ever received Christ as your personal Lord and Savior? (how do you answer as an ex-christian?)

yes, but it didn't turn out too well.

20. "Look, if you will give me a minute of your time, I can show you how to be sure that you will spend eternity in heaven, not in hell. All you need do is ask Jesus into your heart, and you can do that just by saying a brief prayer with me. Will you pray the prayer that will save you from eternity in hell? It takes only about ten seconds."

sorry I'm too busy.

21. begin with a positive statement - "God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life."

shut up

Can you put that in writing so I can sue you if it doesn't happen? I think I am fine working things through naturally.

22. We don't have all the answers in life and I know it's hard to understand our purpose. Only through Christ can we truly find meaning.

I have meaning, loving people and animal, making the world a better place, brightening peoples days and making them laugh thankyouverymuch

23. You know that the world won't love you and the world will reject you. Jesus on the other hand won't. You just have to believe.

My mother loves me! And I love myself (that does not mean i'm selfish)

24. If you don't believe in God, then it won't hurt to (pray, speak to him, go to church etc).

I will pray to god-but not your god-fuck church!

25. It may be hard to understand but I know in my heart that Jesus is real and he loves me. I'm sure if you search your heart you will too.

no, I have searched my heart plenty-but still don't feel it

26. This world we live in is just so complex and wonderfully made. There are so many things science just can't comprehend. How can you deny after seeing all of this.

I believe in a creator, just not your god.

27. Just look around you. Wars are breaking out. Earthquakes and floods are devastating america. Europe is beginning to become one nation just like the bible predicts (any other Jack Van Impe prediction crap). Prophecies are coming true. The world is ending and Jesus will be coming soon. Will you be ready?

I better build a large boat

28. Why take a chance with your soul? If I'm wrong then I just die, if your wrong you spend eternity in hell!!! Why even risk it?

I would need at least an inkling of evidence before throwing my whole life away.

wha?

I'm certainly not denying it-look at you buddy!

I'm still sick

The fonts too small, sorry

I believe it when I see it buddy

did they say that they were christians? there are other beliefs buddy

no kidding, karma baby-I'm none of those, by the way buddy

36. This is for the all the people still living with mommy and daddy. Works real well. "As for me and my house, we WILL serve the Lord" i.e. serve God or we will kick you out

This is the worst form of child abuse-brainwashing

37. The bible is the only religious book written by 40 authors all about the same person and they don't contradict! Any contradictions that seem to be in the bible are easily explained by scholars (don't have too much fun with this one)

don't get me started-how do you know he just didn't sign a different name each time or had someone else write the other books for him?

38. Christianity has done so much to help the world like feed the hungery and clothe the poor. They've done so many good things because they followed the positive teachings of christ like love your neighbor. Why wouldn't you want to join?

thats all good-I commend you for doing that-not christianity

39. The message of the bible is clearly loving and peaceful. Love you neighbor, love your enemy, do good to those who abuse you, do not steal, do not lie and many more. These teachings have set the morals for america why not follow it?

These specific teachings are fine-who doesn't believe in these?

40. Christianity is the one clearly the one true religion. Unlike other religions it has stood the test of time. Also it is the world's largest religion. This shows that God is clearly manifesting in the lives of all people

A large % of America is obese-should we all get that way (no offense to anyone-I know it isn't a choice for many)

41. "you look cute. Wanna go out with me tomorrow morning for chruch. It'll be fun!!" (whoring for Jesus

Is their free food?

42. Don't you see how things got worse for america after they took prayer out of schools. This is because Christ is no longer in the school and making are youth more loving.

43. Christian schools have a lower rate of violence in schools. Christians have been shown to live longer. Kids brought in church have a lower rate of teen pregnancy. Adults in church have marriages that last longer. Doesn't this tell you something?!! (these are stats i pulled out of my ass so they must be true )

there is no arguing that some of the christian morals are good

44. Without christ, can you picture how america would be. There would be social anarchy and america would be the nation we now and love now.

I'm not anarchist am I?

45. I've have seen people actually be healed under the power of God in real life and plenty of times on television. I've seen the crippled walk, I've seen the sick healed, and I personally had cancer chased out of my body praise the Lord

faith healing can happen with any faith-the power of positive thinking is real-just ask any new age faith healer

46. I just love the christian atmosphere, you can dance, sing and worship. It's truely an uplifting feeling. Wouldn't you like to expierence it.

I can dance in the shower and worship is evil in itself

47. I've meet actual prophets of God how predicted my life and helped guide me on my path. To me this shows that God is real

again prophecy is real, ask any newage practitioner

Wow I can't believe I forgot this one

48. Do you feel complete? Doesn't it feel like part of you is missing? Well there is a something that is missing inside of you that needs to be filled. This part of you can't be compensated for with money, your job, success or relationships. In the end all of those things still leave you feeling unfullfilled (yeah I can't spell whatever). I mean think about it, you see rich successful people all the time who aren't happy with life. People who have the job they always wanted still feeling unsatisfied. People who try to have other people or relationships to complete them end up getting hurt and still end up with something missing from there life. None of these things will ever complete you. But I know someone who will. Jesus Christ who died for your sins. By doing so he re-established that missing connection from God that has been severed by man. That missing part of you is God and your relationship with him. And all you have to do is believe in Jesus and you will be made whole.

Woo-hoo! More! :woohoo:

48. Do you feel complete?

Yeah.

Doesn't it feel like part of you is missing?

Ummmmm.... no, not really.

Well there is a something that is missing inside of you that needs to be filled.

Uh... I'll just assume here that you're not talking about my vagina, and that you're not trying to hit on me.

This part of you can't be compensated for with money, your job, success or relationships. In the end all of those things still leave you feeling unfullfilled. I mean think about it, you see rich successful people all the time who aren't happy with life. People who have the job they always wanted still feeling unsatisfied. People who try to have other people or relationships to complete them end up getting hurt and still end up with something missing from there life. None of these things will ever complete you.

Yeah. Because I'm already complete, just fine as I am. If anybody else isn't happy with their life, that's too bad for them. Maybe they just aren't ever satisfied. Maybe it doesn't have anything at all to do with their spiritual life. Even if it did, happiness isn't a one-size-fits-all thing. Jesus isn't going to make everybody happy - I'm proof positive of that.

And vaginas don't need money, jobs, success, or relationships anyway.

But I know someone who will.

Dangit! I knew you were talking about my vagina! I knew you just wanted to get into my pants!

Jesus Christ who died for your sins.

So you mean Jesus wants to get into my pants??

By doing so he re-established that missing connection from God that has been severed by man. That missing part of you is God and your relationship with him. And all you have to do is believe in Jesus and you will be made whole.

I'm whole and complete already, you delusional dipshit. The only thing you're really telling me is that you don't think I am, despite your not knowing shit about me and my life. Sheer arrogance and conceit on your part.

If you don't want to see me as a fully formed, complete human being, then you're showing me a great deal of disrespect. So fuck off.

Woo-hoo! More! :woohoo:

I'm already complete, just fine as I am. If anybody else isn't happy with their life, that's too bad for them. Maybe they just aren't ever satisfied. Maybe it doesn't have anything at all to do with their spiritual life. Even if it did, happiness isn't a one-size-fits-all thing. Jesus isn't going to make everybody happy - I'm proof positive of that.

And vaginas don't need money, jobs, success, or relationships anyway.

But I know someone who will.

Dangit! I knew you were talking about my vagina! I knew you just wanted to get into my pants!

Jesus Christ who died for your sins.

So you mean Jesus wants to get into my pants??

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Here is an easy way I have found to get rid of them if you don't want, feel like, or have time to get into a discussion or debate with them.

To anything they ask you, just say, "I'm already saved." They ignore you then.

Taph

But that'd make you a liar. Wait wait, that's not a problem at all.

Actually, depending on the religious faith you are coming from(being an ExC) you may have already been saved.

or

You could have been saved from something else. Christians tend to use a lot of generic terms and assume a lot about people. When they see the word god many assume it is their god and when they hear someone say "I was saved" many assume it has to do with their religion.

Guest etoileterre

This is pretty general, but it usually helps me.

Usually they say that because the Bible is the word of God, it can't be false. However, man wrote the Bible (even if it was inspired by God), thus it has faults. There are also many biases given that it was a patriarchal society, and who isn't biased when wanting to spread a new religion around?

Furthermore, ask them if they know that there are in fact three different "hells" mentioned in the Bible misinterpreted from their original Greek, two of which are real places on the map. The third is "hades," which in fact means "unseen."

My biggest thing is that this was a book written several thousand years ago in dead languages by people we don't know. A lot of it was purposefully omitted during the Middle Ages to satisfy the Church and keep the laity quiet. To me it's history and philosophy twisted into a political tool (then and today).

A Jehova's Witness came to my door last week.

ME> All religions are wacky, but yours is the wackiest of them all.

HIM> How can you have moral values if you don't have a religion?

ME> I don't need religion to have moral values. I have the intituive knowledge that what hurts others is wrong.

HIM> Is having an extra-marital affair wrong?

ME> Yes, it is, because it hurts another human being. I don't need religion to tell me what is right or wrong.

Anyway, I thought I would share that. But in my opinion, it is better not to get involved in arguments when you are newly deconverted. I know I am having enough troubles figuring out my own belief system. I don't need to be putting it out there for others' scrutinity.

And my belief system changes everyday too. Might as well just keep it to myself (and to my blog).