Goodbye Jesus

Peanut Gallery: Disallusioned With The American Me Presence?

nivek

Clue:

:banghead:

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vigile

• Japedo

• Amanda

• Grandpa Harley

Clue:

:banghead:

:HaHa:

Strangely enough, I've recenty been looking into the nature of anger. Several sources have stated that anger is a secondary emotion. What usually precedes it is frustration, fear, or hurt. I wonder which of these might have given rise to your anger.

Don't know. What emotion precedes injustice performed in my name?

Strangely enough, I've recenty been looking into the nature of anger. Several sources have stated that anger is a secondary emotion. What usually precedes it is frustration, fear, or hurt. I wonder which of these might have given rise to your anger.

Frustration... at least that is mine...

It sounds a bit like fear to me. "I'm afraid that injustice is being performed in my name."

Doesn't it seem some care to persist in operating out of a position of disrespect for others just because they disagree with them? Why should I resort to such similar demeanor too, or allow even them the courtesy of responding to such continual abusive tactics? Such styles I see as consistently uncivil communication deserves to be ignored at some point, IMO. Why bother with those who perpetually refuse to allow someone the right to their own opinions?

I apologize that Truth and facts are considered Rude and abusive. The truth is rather ugly which is why people seem to discard it so easily. No one is forcing you to shuddup or stifle your opinion. We are showing how your support is faulty by using something that's been proven false. I would hope if I presented a mistruth to support my stance someone would show me my error. Don't be pissed at us because facts are different from what you believe.

Are you arguing from your opinion or from facts? Because you keep presenting things that have been proven to be lies as "facts" to support your opinion. Have whatever opinion you wish Amanda, but as GH say's, Facts don't change because they make you uncomfortable or don't coincide with your current mindset. If you can in good conscious support this war, present why. Logically and with facts, please check unfounded emotional pleas at the door. What If's and might be's are not valid reasons to kill people from my own personal moral code. Nor will I give my support to a government that does such either. Vigil and I are talking Facts about the war, WMD's and 9/11. I however did give my opinion on how we could possibly remedy this quagmire.

It sounds a bit like fear to me. "I'm afraid that injustice is being performed in my name."

:twitch: How about being forced to pay for war you disagree with? This anger isn't about fear LR. One has the right to be pissed off if they were lied to. And from that Lie thousands of peoples deaths. One has the right to be pissed off if propaganda is treated as facts to further support said lie. Huge frustration that there isn't a damn thing we can do about it other then educate people to it.

And I'd imputed my emotion too...

But the above sounds mighty like frustration to me...

:twitch: How about being forced to pay for war you disagree with? This anger isn't about fear LR.

Amoung the things that I've seen is that a feeling of powerlessness may be a form of fear.

:twitch: How about being forced to pay for war you disagree with? This anger isn't about fear LR.

Amoung the things that I've seen is that a feeling of powerlessness may be a form of fear.

What's with the psychoanalyst evaluation? Are you trying to dismiss facts presented saying that we've presented them with a mindset of fear therefore are irrelevant? I don't understand what you're getting at.. :shrug:

Methinks I hear a tree felling implement being ground...

Okay :mellow:

What's with the psychoanalyst evaluation? Are you trying to dismiss facts presented saying that we've presented them with a mindset of fear therefore are irrelevant? I don't understand what you're getting at.. :shrug:

I'm not really trying to get at anything Japedo. I've spent many years with a feeling of anger and I grow weary of it. I'm tired of being angry. So I've been doing some research into anger and what I have found has been interesting. Since anger was present here, I thought that I would try and share some of what I've found.

Personally, I want to find out why I'm so angry and do something about it. I want my anger to become a constructive force.

Personally, I want to find out why I'm so angry and do something about it. I want my anger to become a constructive force.

Oh, okay... Sorry. I wasn't following I apologize. I know from personal experience its best to deal with it before it consumes you in one way or another. Good luck LR, and I'm here if ya need a sounding board. :)

I didn't point at you when I said that... you should watch closer ;)

I didn't point at you when I said that... you should watch closer ;)

:lol: GH, Honestly it went over my head... I had no idea what you were trying to say so just said okay. LOL

2+2=4 is a fact. You cannot have the *opinion* that the sum of 2+2=5.

Oh, okay... Sorry. I wasn't following I apologize. I know from personal experience its best to deal with it before it consumes you in one way or another. Good luck LR, and I'm here if ya need a sounding board. :)

You're very kind Japedo. A reasonable person. I appreciate the offer. Who knows? I may take you up on it.

2+2=4 is a fact. You cannot have the *opinion* that the sum of 2+2=5.

:scratch:2+2=5

:HaHa:

I'm not really trying to get at anything Japedo. I've spent many years with a feeling of anger and I grow weary of it. I'm tired of being angry. So I've been doing some research into anger and what I have found has been interesting. Since anger was present here, I thought that I would try and share some of what I've found.

From bitter personal experience, anger is not productive, merely a method of getting one back to one's feet when life as sucker punched you. To rely on it too long will destroy you. Having said that, existential anger kept me going for a year. However, I'd not recommend what it does to your endocrine system...

From bitter personal experience, anger is not productive, merely a method of getting one back to one's feet when life as sucker punched you. To rely on it too long will destroy you. Having said that, existential anger kept me going for a year. However, I'd not recommend what it does to your endocrine system...

Yet I see that Ghandi and King were angry men. They turned their anger into a constructive thing. I don't presume to reach their heights but I do hope to harness the anger for the good.

Existential anger? That's a new one on me.

You're very kind Japedo. A reasonable person. I appreciate the offer. Who knows? I may take you up on it.

Anytime.. :)

Yet I see that Ghandi and King were angry men. They turned their anger into a constructive thing. I don't presume to reach their heights but I do hope to harness the anger for the good.

Anger at everything... simple enough... it wasn't focussed on anything specific just life... and it keeps the adrenalin levels up when really you should be laid in a shallow grave....

Anger at everything... simple enough... it wasn't focussed on anything specific just life... and it keeps the adrenalin levels up when really you should be laid in a shallow grave....

Oh okay, thanks. That makes a certain kind of sense. I suppose there have been moments in the past when such rage filled me. I can't imagine sustaining it for a year though. I'm glad that you no longer languish in such a state. Like you've said, it can't be healthy.

By the way, nice to meet you Grandpa Harley.

Oh okay, thanks. That makes a certain kind of sense. I suppose there have been moments in the past when such rage filled me. I can't imagine sustaining it for a year though. I'm glad that you no longer languish in such a state. Like you've said, it can't be healthy.

By the way, nice to meet you Grandpa Harley.

Don't rush judgement... I'm an asshole :)