Goodbye Jesus

Dateline: To Catch A Predator

Jubilant

oh, it's prurient shit, and no mistake.

Right. Ratings are king.

In the Netherlands they were working on people competing for a kidney for transplantation... the contestants are tissue matched, so you know all are playing for their lives, and the donor has an inoperable brain tumour...

Very disgusting and disturbing.

What's that movie again with Arnold Schwarzenegger, The Runing Man? Is that the one where they fight like gladiators to death? We're getting there...

I've said before, the Robocop satires on TV are now like trailers for the new season on Fox... I'm waiting for 'Asthmatics Running for Cash'... then I know that the twilight of our civilisation is upon us...

Wow. You always come up with some dark satire. It must be a Brittish thing. :HaHa:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• Grandpa Harley

• Vigile

• Taphophilia

It's a family thing, rather than a British thing... Get my brother and I in the same room and I swear the room darkens... :wicked:

I have he feeling we could be immortal since Heaven won't take us, and Hell daren't ;)

I'm going to have to make it a point to meet you and your brother when I travel to England, Gramps. Maybe put to the test the babble's admonition "no man can serve two masters." :wicked:

Evolutionarily speaking, youth means health and the potential to carry babies to term. I don't think it's abhorrent to find a 15 year old attractive when one is a grown man, but that's just me. I don't quite get the fury, honestly. Sure, a respectable person with tact would not let it become obvious that he was attracted to a young teenager below 18, but does it happen to men who aren't pedophiles? I'm absolutely sure it does.

It would be different if we were talking about 8,9, or even 12 year olds... but we're talking teenagers here.

This is exactly my criticism of the series.

Pedophilia is a psychological condition in which an adult feels sexually attracted to pre-pubescent children. Much as legal jingo, sensationalist reporters and zealous prosecutors like to try to spin the definition through emotional manipulation, that does not include people who may feel a similar attraction to anyone under the legal age of consent (i.e. adolescent teenagers).

I'm not saying adolescents should be "fair game" for all comers. I was an adolescent not too long ago, and I remember only too well just how vast my ignorance was of virtually all things potentially dangerous and life-impacting. I'm merely pointing out accusing people who have sex with adolescent minors of pedophilia is at least ignorant, sometimes dishonest, and on occasion downright malevolent.

Sordid cautionary tale from my past

it's a couple of months after my 18th birthday. I'm at a party and I HAVE PULLED!

She looks my age or older.

Between the exchanges of saliva, one makes idle conversation

"You at [local alternative highschool]"

"No"

"I've not see you at [my high school]"

"Oh, I'm not there yet"

Assumption: She's 16... UK legal... away the lads later... but more small talk

"What O's are you taking?"

"I've not picked them"

Sudden cold feeling... nuts like raisins and you could have rolled me foreskin back and served me todger at a Jewish wedding there was so little blood there...

"Erm, how old are you?"

"14 nealy 15"

To quote the Taoist sage Sam Beckett, 'Oh Boy!'... sufficed to say I went no further with that young lady, despite the fact she was stacked and willing... I was far too pretty for jail! However, I was blind sided. If I'd known the girl's age, I'd have chatted, flirted and danced the night away, and delivered her back to her mother with no more than a kiss on the forehead and still have had a good night... as it was, I managed to gracefully extricate myself from a some what charged situation... and got off with a girl from the nursing and geriatric care class at my college :) I knew she was 18...

Heh, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Just sitting and listening to your stories for a while would be a great way to pass the time. ;)

Did I mention I was GORGEOUS back then? Sic transit gloria mundi when I look in the mirror these days...

I think I'll go and weep quietly now ;)

So I got my new issue of Rolling Stone magazine in the mail today, and as I was looking through it I came upon a large article about To Catch a Predator. The article is called" The New American Witch Hunt." The article said Dateline gets the info from this group called Perverted Justice who seem to be a group of zealots. It said because the group is made up of private citizens their actions are impervious to charges of entrapment. I felt bad for some of these guys. One guy commited suiclde last year after being in a Dateline bust. Here is the link if interested.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/157...an_witch_hunt/1

From the above-linked article:

The group is an assortment of Genesis-loving fatsos from Texas, introverted copywriters from Wisconsin, and New York nightclub doorgirls, with a dedicated core of West Coast anarchist tech geeks and gamers in their twenties and thirties. For those downstairs, To Catch a Predator is just a TV show; for those upstairs, hunting predators is both the coolest online game they've ever known and a life calling. Many members of Perverted Justice use pseudonyms, keeping their real names secret even from one another. One of the few who know their true identities is their elusive leader, Xavier Von Erck, a twenty-eight-year-old libertarian and atheist who kills on Civilization IV.

(emphasis added)

:ugh:

I've never been so ashamed to associate myself with online gamers and another atheist.

What a fucking waste.

White hats are often arseholes... it's what I call the Batman syndrome...

I started having problems with the show because of the whole faking someone's age thing. When Police set up a sting on liquor stores or stores selling cigarettes to catch selling to kids underage, the cops need to use actual underage kids in the operation. But in this sting, there are NO underage people involved, ever. How can it be breaking the law when all involved, regardless of whether they are pretending or not, are all of legal age.

So, by the logic of the current laws, I could go online, pretend to be 25 years younger (or so), and everyone I chat with and get to agree to meet me can and should be arrested for being a pedophile?

I understand that they can't really use underage kids for the converstaions, but I have a big problem when, if everyone was being honest about their age, regardless of the rest of the graphic converstaion, than no crime would have been committed. The only people lying are those from Perverted Justice.