Goodbye Jesus

Theological Kryptonite

oladotun

Take, for instance, your example of blasphemy. Why would someone use that word? How would they use it? Is it when they are happy and they are expressing joy and blessings? No. They are using it as a curse. A swear word. It is the subconscious rebelling against God.

Ridiculous. Don't we say cuss words just because things aren't going quite right at that moment? Or maybe we hear something so stupid (like the above) that no other word seems appropriate. 99.9% of people using cuss words aren't thinking AT ALL about your God, on any level.

I take it that you buy the whole Adam/Eve story of the Fall, don't you? Otherwise, what is your explanation of the so-called inborn type rebellion against God?

By the way, if we are in rebellion, it is appropriate in view of the unjust nature of your God's punishments.

Cuss words and blasphemous phrases are two entirely different things. Screaming profanity because you accidentally hammered your finger while trying to hit a nail is different from using blasphemous words against Christianity when you're debating against a Christian.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mythra

• Grandpa Harley

• R. S. Martin

• Deva

Cuss words and blasphemous phrases are two entirely different things. Screaming profanity because you accidentally hammered your finger while trying to hit a nail is different from using blasphemous words against Christianity when you're debating against a Christian.

Oh right. So if I say:

Jesus Christ sucked on my dirty motherfucking cock while his father Yahweh licked my balls and the Holy Spirit tongued my asshole, all while the Virgin Mary sat on my face so I could break her hymen with my tongue while she pulled on her own nipples.

Is that blasphemy? Or just profanity?

Oh right. So if I say:

[...]

Is that blasphemy? Or just profanity?

Blasphemy, of course. This is your alternative to Christianity, seriously? How can you not see that you're being driven by an evil power?

Blasphemy, of course. This is your alternative to Christianity, seriously? How can you not see that you're being driven by an evil power?

:lmao:

How can you not see that these are just words? How can you not see that if there is a god of the universe he would be petty and infintile to care what some little member of his vast creation says about him? So petty and infintile in fact that he would take the time to ensure they suffer for an eternity.

If it makes sense to you then you must be petty and infintile.

Back in the times when God made His presence more obviously known, that still didn't make believers out of skeptics. Christ rose the dead and they STILL didn't believe. So, I'm sorry to tell you. If you refuse to believe in God with the evidence that is available to you, you will explain away any miracle that He presents.

Um, did you read your Bible? You may like to read about the Doubting Thomas. When Jesus came back from the dead, Thomas doubted if itr was he and when he saw Jesus's hand holes, he believed. This is the kind of relevation I want. So far, Jesus, God and Holy Spirit doesn't exist.

There are exceptions in a lot of areas of research. And the BB is still not proven. So, if your statement is true, it should be "replaced with a new theory", right? A person being raised form the dead may not have been proven yet. But unexplained healing from deadly diseases has.

An example of what I was actually talking about, at one time, it was thought all things orbited Earth. Well a guy disproved it, Earth orbits Sun. A outdated theory was replaced with a proven theory. Science is still around.

Big Bang might be outdated or true, if it is outdated, it will be replaced with a theory that better fits the existing reality (Please note, I'm not talking about creationism, that was explored and disproved many times) but so far, that is all we can divine for now. If it is true, we will make further investigations into it. (We're still making investigations in how the planets orbits Sun!)

Unexplained healings of deadly diseases doesn't indicate proof for a God or validating of your religious faith. What it is, it is a wonderful, wonderful fluke of our bodies' biology resulting from many millions of years evoluting.

A good man and woman would feel the same but unlike God, we will never punish people for eternity.

None of us are good. We just pretend to be. And there is no way any of us can understand God's position. You Will either trust that God won't send someone to hell unless they really deserve it or you won't you have chosen not to.

This is what I hate the most about the Christian religion. The otherwise good person are made to feel bad for being themselves without hurting others, which is enough really. Any good god would see that if a person love and embrace themselves, they are more likely to be loving to others.

Homosexuality for instance, are repressed by Christians reading from the Old Testament and guys that goes 'ick' at the thought of men kissing but most gay people only seek to love, not rape others, as the fundies and the homophobics think. We should embrace these people as we embraced the straight people. It is a right to love anybody as long as you don't hurt them.

I think most of us are innately good, some are innately stupid and some are truly evil but that doesn't mean all of us are evil and stupid as you seem to feel about yourselves and other people. I hope you quit this religiously misanthropic outlook which are a cause of many pains mentally or otherwise, then embrace yourself and others.

Understand God? We don't understand God because he doesn't exist at all.

Your Christian Hell doesn't exist. Whatever Hell is, the religious people preaching it created it in the process, when there was none. As a result, we were scared to leave The Christian Religion and scarred by it because of this cuntheaded doctrine and a host of other lies!

Truly, this doctrine and many other doctrines as well contradictions and other problems made us leave Christanity and made this religion a dangerous one if we were unlucky enough. I know, I envy ex-Liberal/Universalist Christians sometimes. They had it easier than us ex-fundamentalist/extremist Christians... :)

If God is all knowing, all powerful and all good then he should give you morals to understand why you should do it and then act on these morals.

He has. We just choose not to listen.

Apart from the obvious "Thou shalt not kill", why didn't God allow us to associate with women with periods, why we must not eat shellfish, why musn't we worship other gods, why we must kill witches, why we should kill gays, disobedient kids, idolators, false prophets, why we shouldn't tattoo ourselves, why we should not bow on smooth stones, why shouldn't men shave their beard, why we shouldn't marry non-Jews, why we shoiuldn't eat non kosher meals, why shouldn't eat the following: grapes, raisins, why must we not blaspheme God's name, why we should keep the Sabbath, why should we work six days and night, why shouldn't we cross breed animals, why we should sacrifice animals, why we can buy slaves, why we should tithe and etc. All of these are in the Bible and we should all follow these according to Jesus, which approved of these laws and instructed us to follow these laws and rules til the end of the world. Why should we follow these?

God never said He would prevent evil; to do so would take away our freedom to choose. I'm sure you wouldn't like the idea of being a mindless drone, would you? That's exactly what you would be if God didn't give you the right to make bad choices. Yet He sees every bad choice and decides the best way to bring about the best outcome.

A parent tells a child what is right from wrong and judges the choices of their children accordingly; so why isn't the child allowed to judge and punish the parent? Being angry at God doesn't change the fact that He is still God. Many people are angry at Bush for keeping our troops in Iraq for so long. Not that Bush is perfect (he has made plenty of mistakes), but few know of Iraq's leader warning Bush that Iran is prepared to trample through Iraq, on their way to destroy Israel, as soon as our troops leave. Bush is holding the line until the leader of Iraq says that their troops are ready to handle Iran by themselves. We think we know the entire picture but we do not. We want to judge the God who sees the entire picture, but we can't; not fairly anyway.

If a parent decides to abuse or excessively judges a child, the abused child has every right to judge him or her because they have done wrong to the child. That was what I was trying to say.

If God wanted to prevent evil by throwing the flood on the world despite there being innocent babies, children, adults and animals, then it doesn't matter because he knew there were good people and he did it anyway so if he existed, we should judge him because he abused the people of Earth with a flood which killed them.

He also abused the Pharoah and made his heart hardened to the plight of the Hebrew people which was the Chosen People. God abused the Egyptians and His Chosen people and caused Egyptians to hurt the Hebrews and kill all thew first borns because he felt like it. How God is not an abuser? We have the right to judge him because he abused, wrongly judged and hurt us if he existed.

God and other gods doesn't exist anyway. :)

Well if he exists, he just did that. He left us to fend for ourselves. He just don't care about us if he is out there. So, no he is not a good god if it was the case.

Darlin', He didn't leave you to fend for yourself. He is still right with you, helping you when you don't even know it. He loves you even when you hate Him. He reaches for you even when you push Him away. Even as you choose how you will dispute these very comments, He is standing right there rooting for you to hear Him.

I don't hate God because he doesn't exist. The reason I argued as if God of the Holy Bible existed is because it is an absurd, abusive and contradictory idea and I wanted to show you that. I am a very happy person (I am not being ironic) and I have a fulfilling life without ANY religion. So there goes your arguments.

How can you not see that these are just words? How can you not see that if there is a god of the universe he would be petty and infintile to care what some little member of his vast creation says about him? So petty and infintile in fact that he would take the time to ensure they suffer for an eternity.

You've just given your entire life savings to your son, whom you've raised yourself from the time he was born to the age he is now. You've taught him right from wrong, good from evil, and to have respect for his elders. You've basically raised him in every way you know to be right, where he can go through life without any regret of choices he's made, where he can look back and honestly say that he was a good person. He moves out of state, and you don't see him for a few years.

Then you decide to visit him. You try to call first, but his phone is disconnected. So you get worried and decide to make the long trip over to his new home and see how life is treating him. When you arrive, you find a house that looks normal enough from the outside. But you walk in, and you find him doing the most heinous thing you can think of in your mind right now, with a house filled with nothing but empty pizza boxes with rats crawling in them and grime on the parts of the floor visible through the months-old trash that has piled up throughout the house, with various stains from who knows what on the walls.

You collapse on the floor, feeling as though you should be crying, but you're so numb from this flood of disappointment that you can't even move. You've been betrayed, and all you're guilty of is giving your son the best chance at life anyone could give him.

This isn't even a drop in the ocean of the disappointment God has in us. We were his perfect creation, and now look at us. He's already created a hell for the person that's done this to us, and the only other thing he has created besides earth is Heaven. The Earth will be destroyed, and what makes you think we're worthy of getting some golden ticket in to Heaven because "it's not fair!"?

You know what good parents tell teenagers when they can't have everything they want, and yell about it not being fair? Get over it. The only difference is, you can have Heaven. It is a fair choice. You're just upset because you would have to give up this worldly life that brings you so many temporary pleasures that you're living right now to do that.

If it makes sense to you then you must be petty and infantile.

You've just given your entire life savings to your son, whom you've raised yourself from the time he was born to the age he is now. You've taught him right from wrong, good from evil, and to have respect for his elders. You've basically raised him in every way you know to be right, where he can go through life without any regret of choices he's made, where he can look back and honestly say that he was a good person. He moves out of state, and you don't see him for a few years.

Then you decide to visit him. You try to call first, but his phone is disconnected. So you get worried and decide to make the long trip over to his new home and see how life is treating him. When you arrive, you find a house that looks normal enough from the outside. But you walk in, and you find him doing the most heinous thing you can think of in your mind right now, with a house filled with nothing but empty pizza boxes with rats crawling in them and grime on the parts of the floor visible through the months-old trash that has piled up throughout the house, with various stains from who knows what on the walls.

You collapse on the floor, feeling as though you should be crying, but you're so numb from this flood of disappointment that you can't even move. You've been betrayed, and all you're guilty of is giving your son the best chance at life anyone could give him.

This isn't even a drop in the ocean of the disappointment God has in us. We were his perfect creation, and now look at us. He's already created a hell for the person that's done this to us, and the only other thing he has created besides earth is Heaven. The Earth will be destroyed, and what makes you think we're worthy of getting some golden ticket in to Heaven because "it's not fair!"?

You know what good parents tell teenagers when they can't have everything they want, and yell about it not being fair? Get over it. The only difference is, you can have Heaven. It is a fair choice. You're just upset because you would have to give up this worldly life that brings you so many temporary pleasures that you're living right now to do that.

Guilt tripping all over your post. Hell is an excessive punishment for something so small.

You're just upset because you would have to give up this worldly life that brings you so many temporary pleasures that you're living right now to do that.

So what? We are spiritual enough on our own and we don't need your fake spirituality. Guilt tripping us again...

To claim a subjective experience, or even just a strongly held opinion, as either 'fact' or 'truth' is basically a lie in party frock...

y halo thar, evolutionists.

AS as welcome as a tumour in one's colon, Troll boy turns up... don't you have small children to molest?

Testify, Brother Vigile, Test-EE.FIE!

kenever3.jpg

Are you paying royalties to Jack Chick? You should be...

When you arrive, you find a house that looks normal enough from the outside. But you walk in, and you find him doing the most heinous thing you can think of in your mind right now, with a house filled with nothing but empty pizza boxes with rats crawling in them and grime on the parts of the floor visible through the months-old trash that has piled up throughout the house, with various stains from who knows what on the walls.

Hire a cleaning crew and an exterminator for that man!

Wrong. There is no hell or heaven. "The Earth will be destroyed." Yes, eventually. Nothing lasts forever, not even your Bible God. One day, maybe centuries from now (hope not that long) and he will be replaced by another. That is the record of history.

Jesus Christ sucked on my dirty motherfucking cock while his father Yahweh licked my balls and the Holy Spirit tongued my asshole, all while the Virgin Mary sat on my face so I could break her hymen with my tongue while she pulled on her own nipples.

Whoa. Now here's a guy who wants to go to hell and doesn't want to wait in line.

Dr. Funk: you may be entitled to your own wing in hell after this one. Or at the very least, you may have earned a timeshare with Adolph.

A plesant thought:

One day, most likely after several weeks, in the far future all the curches, all the bibles, and all the people will be gone. Burned as the corona of the sun expands to envlope the earth. Everything will be gone, from the smallest microbe to the grandest wonder that man can construct. From that perspective, who cares about some God or a poorly written book; it's all for nothing anyway.

I should hope I would not be around to see it, to live that long would be a curse.

This isn't even a drop in the ocean of the disappointment God has in us.

The xian god has unlimited wealth and power. How did he give his life savings away? Your story is a bland emotional appeal that is not entrenched in any sort of reality; even the xian version of reality.

I will say again, your god is petty and you believing this all makes sense makes you petty.

Man you xians can be dumb.

If it makes sense to you then you must be petty and infantile.

Guilt tripping all over your post. Hell is an excessive punishment for something so small.

It's the only other punishment available, and "something so small" is going against the the Word of God. God didn't create hell for humans, that's basically the only alternative to Heaven there is. It's not a guilt trip as much as it is a pleading for you not to take that path. If your friend was walking straight towards a a pit of spikes, would you not warn him against it? Is that a guilt trip? The life that the son lead in that story is one that nobody could be proud of, it's one that could only lead to pain and embarassment.

You're just upset because you would have to give up this worldly life that brings you so many temporary pleasures that you're living right now to do that.

So what? We are spiritual enough on our own and we don't need your fake spirituality. Guilt tripping us again...

How are we spiritual enough on our own? I'm not guilt tripping you, I'm coming to you as a concerned friend trying to keep you from making a mistake that you can't correct, and trying to help you realize that the consequences are real. Do any of you really think God is going to hear your case and side with you, and decide to let a person so adamantly against him and his people just stroll right in, while the people they've helped condemn suffers?

It's not a guilt trip, it's a reality of the situation that the Bible gives. It's an ultimatum, and God doesn't want to see you choose the path that leads away from his protection for you.

This isn't even a drop in the ocean of the disappointment God has in us.

The xian god has unlimited wealth and power. How did he give his life savings away? Your story is a bland emotional appeal that is not entrenched in any sort of reality; even the xian version of reality.

I will say again, your god is petty and you believing this all makes sense makes you petty.

Man you xians can be dumb.

My apologies, you can take the life savings part out. It was way too late to be writing that anyway.

My God is indeed petty, in the sense that he would want anything to do with something as small and dismal as ourselves. He's petty, in the sense that he would waste his time trying to save us from our fate when we've shown over and over again that we want nothing to do with him. He's petty, in the sense that he protects those who follow him against those who would cause harm to them.

He's petty in the same sense that a father is petty for overprotecting his children. Contrary to popular belief, we are not all God's children. God's family is like a reverse-adoption system. We adopt him as our father. God is petty in that he shows favoritism to his own children over those that would rather him just leave them alone.

trying to save us from our fate

You really are a fundybot. I tend not to bother debating parots. It's pretty obvious you have nothing original to add so later.

according to your bible G-d created Evil...So he is responsible for all this.

Since it was he who created that shit..why doesnt he send himself to hell for starting all this?

He's petty in the same sense that a father is petty for overprotecting his children. Contrary to popular belief, we are not all God's children. God's family is like a reverse-adoption system. We adopt him as our father. God is petty in that he shows favoritism to his own children over those that would rather him just leave them alone.

That's just so --- well --- nice.

In light of the season, do you have any thoughts on what one must do in order for Santa to come down the chimney?

If we ain't all god's chillen, then where did we come from? Some other god?

If we ain't all god's chillen, then where did we come from? Some other god?

I done seen you postin' gramp. You wot be de chile o de debil.

Gloray to jayzuss-huh!

If you see fit, Mythra, I would encourage you to send your post to her via pm. Maybe it's not decent. I trust your judgment.

Oh God. Don't trust my judgment. fest07.gif

I don't give a shit about Kat. Or her preaching.

Let em have their fun.

Joke will be on them ............

This is a joke. :lmao:

Lady Kat named you (in the pm) as the one person who discusses things logically most of the time.

She told me she comes here to learn from us about whether the Christian God exists, etc. but that we don't respond logically. I also informed her that her monkey quote was offensive so she promised to change that. I said to read our testimonies and that to make sense of our testimonies she would have to believe that we are telling the truth, which we are. She gets all heated up and sends me duplicate two-paragraph pms about how she's not going to respond to me. (How's that for not responding???;))

Oh, and she changed her signature to a BIBLE VERSE. Did you notice? As though that would be less offensive than a crazy Todd Friel quote. The Kat claims to be out to learn. Methinks she's got a hidden agenda much akin to evangelization.

If she's smart, she blocked my pm so she won't know how I responded. Claiming to be out to learn from us while intentionally using evangelizing tools amounts to a LIE in my mind. I inform her of this and refer her to Rev. 21:8 about All liars have their place in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone. I also tell her that there's a way out: If she repents.

If she blocked my pm she won't know about this (unless she is still reading this thread). If she didn't, she might get my "message of love," the fundy type of love.

Hmmm. I got a LOL for that one. I guess she likes being persecuted. Just doesn't like being told the truth or something weird.

Damn! I'm always late replying to these Xians that pass through! I'll shove my two-cents in the slot anyway.

It ISN'T fair IF God really is all-knowing and has had his hand in the cookie jar the entire time.

He made Lucifer KNOWING that he would rebel and become evil incarnate. God CREATED evil ON-PURPOSE.

He made man and woman KNOWING they would be tempted into sin. God CREATED sin within mankind ON-PURPOSE.

Why the hell would God be disappointed with ALL of humanity just because a couple of them screwed up? YOU used the child analogy so please tell us if you would get pissed off at ALL of your kids if the oldest one was living in a rat-infested house...

God has apparently created mountains of evidence that contradict his own "infallible" book. Some people just are not able to believe in God at all because of this evidence. By that light God knowingly and willingly created some people specifically just for the purpose of being kindling.

There are only a small portion of believers throughout history who could probably be termed as "True Believers" which means that we are talking about BILLIONS upon BILLIONS of people that are going to burn in hell.

Man, I can so keep going with this...

To claim a subjective experience, or even just a strongly held opinion, as either 'fact' or 'truth' is basically a lie in party frock...

y halo thar, evolutionists.

So you come over here when you get kicked out of the Spirituality forum, huh?