Goodbye Jesus

Miracles witnessed by Freestyle Fred

TexasFreethinker

My husband hurt his ankle, 12 years ago, coming off the naval ship.  Everytime he steps on it wrong, he gets scared he hurt it, because it does get hurt easily.  But most of the time, it was nothing.

Yes! I have had injuries before. I have to keep my knees and ankles in shape if I want to reduce injury or near injury.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• dogmatically_challenged

• Caretaker

• TexasFreethinker

Now that I know you are 17 I'll try not to be so snippy when I encounter your ignorance.

But holy heaps of turd Batman!  At least read the Bible, before you try to go telling folks that were Christians longer than you've been alive, what's up.

He is a little older than I am...... :Duivel7:

Wow, I actually read through all of this thread!

HanSolo, I am very sorry to read the snippets relating to your "experience".

I looked in the "Testimonies" section - but I didn't notice a formal ex-testimony there (started by you), maybe I missed it?

Earlier, I started reading at the end of this thread (that is always a bad idea) - things make more sense now after I started at the beginning.

I'm glad I listened to that lecture by Peter Kreeft earlier today (I posted a link in another thread).

I don't know if it would (or could) be of any help to anyone here - I think it is of some help to me - (in dealing with the unanswered prayers about my mother's mental and emotional problems) - but I need to listen some more, and probably sort of ruminate on some of the things said there.

(Sorry for being off-topic Tex),

-Dennis

He is a little older than I am......zDuivel7.gif

Sure, but I don't see you preachin' either.

I looked in the "Testimonies" section - but I didn't notice a formal ex-testimony there (started by you), maybe I missed it?

Earlier, I started reading at the end of this thread (that is always a bad idea) - things make more sense now after I started at the beginning.

I'm glad I listened to that lecture by Peter Kreeft earlier today (I posted a link in another thread).

I don't know if it would (or could) be of any help to anyone here - I think it is of some help to me - (in dealing with the unanswered prayers about my mother's mental and emotional problems) -  but I need to listen some more, and probably sort of ruminate on some of the things said there.

-Dennis

I think you might find more information here and here.

Sure, but I don't see you preachin' either.

I only meant that he is fair game for me if he replies to posts and then dodges our rebutals while reposting the same garbage in other threads. 'IF' he does that or calls me names like fool. So far I doubt he'll do that though.

( I don't think you were out of line at all )

I don't know if it would (or could) be of any help to anyone here - I think it is of some help to me - (in dealing with the unanswered prayers about my mother's mental and emotional problems) -  but I need to listen some more, and probably sort of ruminate on some of the things said there.

-Dennis

I read the other thread with the Peter Kreeft, and I haven't had the chance to listen to him yet. And I gave an answer in there that my extestimony is not done yet. I'd like to do it, but I'm still trying to figure out what the heck happened in my life. You know I'm happy to be an apostate, but I'm still chocked that I became one. I truly never believed I would leave my faith. In many cases I was considered to be a very strong believer, so it was not something easy. Look at it as Paul going to Saul (reversed order intended).

Damn Khan! You're like a library computer, you remember every thread about anything here. :grin: If you can't find it ... ask Khan!

It reminds me of a story someone told me once. This librarian at a college that had read a large amount of the books in the library (must've been a while ago), and the students could ask "which book does say this...", and he could give book, page and paragraph. But I think he really didn't know about how to interpret the text, it probably was an example of an extreme memory, but maybe not so good analytical...

Honestly, I doubt this story to be totally true, but the person that told me was really dead serious about it, and that he had met this guy...

Damn Khan! You're like a library computer, you remember every thread about anything here. :grin: If you can't find it ... ask Khan!

It reminds me of a story someone told me once. This librarian at a college that had read a large amount of the books in the library (must've been a while ago), and the students could ask "which book does say this...", and he could give book, page and paragraph. But I think he really didn't know about how to interpret the text, it probably was an example of an extreme memory, but maybe not so good analytical...

Honestly, I doubt this story to be totally true, but the person that told me was really dead serious about it, and that he had met this guy...

Eh, well, I wanted to save you the trouble of looking for and/or retyping your story... :shrug:

Fred,

You've been around long enough to know how the story goes as family tries to explain Dad's unaccountable alcoholic behavior when they're still in denial, right? "You just don't understand him." "But he always *means* well." "You know he loves you, but sometimes he just can't show it." "He'd do that for you if he could." "There's a better man inside him than we sometimes see, Dear." "Don't bother him now, he's got other things to do." "Don't bother him now, he's sleeping."

A good father isn't someone for whom others must continuously make excuses.

You picked "sleeping" for your unaccountably uninvolved and uncaring Great Father.

Eh, well, I wanted to save you the trouble of looking for and/or retyping your story... :shrug:

Oh, don't take me the wrong way. I didn't mean it as an insult, but as a funny observation that you have a talent to find those old postings, even the ones I have forgotten about myself. :)

I asked God to save me from a man.

I asked God to save the man from himself.

I asked God to save me from myself.

I asked God to save my faith.

But if everything happens "for a reason" then I guess it was hopeless from the beginning.

Who can we ask to save us from God himself?

I'm so glad God gave you the ability to not run out of gas, Skaterboi, but can you please tell me why he wouldn't save me from his own supposed followers?

Khan,

Thanks!

It took me awhile, but I have read through both of those threads now. (Since they were not here in the 'Debating with Christians' area - I hadn't seen them earlier).

Hans I am very glad to see you have have been able to "hold it together" and you are able to hold down a job and be a support to your family!

I am impressed!

If I could cry, I should be crying now that I know more about what your family has suffered.

I hope my hard heart will eventually become softer.

-Dennis

Cerise,

(for what it is worth) I am trying to feel what you have felt also.

I am thinking about those Rams that were trampling the lady in the book by Lewis - (I understand if you don't listen to that talk by Kreeft) - that is just what is going through my mind after reading your post.

-Dennis

It takes about 1/8 of a gas tank for me to drive 20 minutes, I prayed that the Lord would just help me get to the gas station so I could get some more gas in my car.

:vent: This is a lie, not a miracle! :vent:

No righteous God would ever supply gasoline

to a vehicle with such poor gas mileage! :vent:

Shit! Driving that car, especially with the

current price of gasoline, is practically

outright blasphemy! :twitch:

Well, gas guages are hardly accurate. They will shift as you turn the car, hit a bump, pull a U-ey. I don't know about your car, but my guage will be stuck on F for the first 75 miles of a full tank, then starts dropping like a brick. My car can typically get 300 miles on a tank, and 330 or more if most of my tank is spent at 55 mph without stopping much.

That you should observe that your guage has appeared to indicate the addition of gasoline to your tank is not quite a miracle, but just a mere consequence of the shoddyness of the design.

Edit: Oh, and yes, such an illusion is highly magnified as you approach E.

1. I went to Creation Festival last summer in PA and it was the very last night of the whole thing. It was the Newzboys playing and I am not sure exactly what song they were playing, but it was a longer one and at the moment they were repeating the lyrics "rain down on me" over and over again. Then it slowed down and the singers sang more softly so the large crowd could start singing the lyrics, and at that moment I saw people start to point up to the sky and everything. I turned around and looked up and saw 3 shooting stars all together, 2 in the front and one in the rear.

If I'm imagining your description of the shooting star pattern correctly, they match perfectly the pattern of the bullet holes in my sisters chest when she was murdered. She didn't die right away though. She lived long enough after the shooting to still be conscious while her throat was cut. I'm almost positive that at the time, she was praying for a miracle.

Where was God then, Freddy?

Perhaps he was too busy sending shooting stars over concerts where loads of people are singing "rain down on me". :mellow: Of course, it probably didn't occur to you that shooting stars are not rain. Let alone that what you call shooting stars, aren't stars at all.

:vent: This is a lie, not a miracle! :vent:

No righteous God would ever supply gasoline

to a vehicle with such poor gas mileage!  :vent:

Shit! Driving that car, especially with the

current price of gasoline, is practically

outright blasphemy!  :twitch:

Hehe! That reminds me of a interview I heard on the radio some years ago, this preacher or pastor that had started this website, promoting that SUVs were immoral, and against Gods will. I wonder how their campain is going? :)

If I'm imagining your description of the shooting star pattern correctly, they match perfectly the pattern of the bullet holes in my sisters chest when she was murdered. She didn't die right away though. She lived long enough after the shooting to still be conscious while her throat was cut. I'm almost positive that at the time, she was praying for a miracle.

Where was God then, Freddy?

Perhaps he was too busy sending shooting stars over concerts where loads of people are singing "rain down on me". :mellow: Of course, it probably didn't occur to you that shooting stars are not rain. Let alone that what you call shooting stars, aren't stars at all.

I am so sorry to hear that Fwee. Was this long ago? Maybe I shouldn't hijack the thread, and look for your ex-test'mony instead...

Maybe I shouldn't hijack the thread, and look for your ex-test'mony instead...

You won't find my extimony.

It was posted on one of the forums that are long gone.

Let's just put it this way, it sounded more like a bunch of rambling than an extimony. :HaHa:

I even had the pleasure of having a True Christian™ take a shit on me in that thread too. :lmao:

Ahhh.... Those were the good'ol days. :wub:

:HaHa:

Let's take it easy on the guy with the technical stuff. For the Gods sakes he is only seventeen and may not be ready for the truth of the real world yet, so let’s not bother him with the grit.

I do believe in miracles Fred, I see them everyday. A miracle is that I am still alive, that I did not kill myself after years of medication and trying. A miracle is that I can find peace just by hearing wind blow through the trees. A miracle is that I do not know anyone who has been shot, murdered, in a horrific accident, or died a slow agonizing death (For anyone who I just mentioned, I am not trying to dramaticize, only make a point.) It will be a miracle if my fiancée can have children; she has a disease in her ovaries where they are damaged whenever she menstruates.

You, Fred, see miracles in only the most insignificant things, when in reality NONE OF IT MATTERS! To think your god cares more for your gas tank so you can go see your girlfriend than he would for say... well shoot lets just pick a name out of the crowd... Fweethawts family is... evil.

And buddy? I'm 17 also; I am getting ready to move out of my home. I have planned ahead so that I can take care of myself and my bride. No one on this board has a perfect life... and the post made by pitchu about drunks hit home other wise I would not be responding.

My first step dad was not a nice person; he slapped my mother, my sister, and me around for about... lets call it 9 years. After he left my mother turned to alchahol, and I understand why she did it. She was no longer a good mother, if me and my sister wanted food we had to earn money to buy it or steal it. I did a fair share of both. At a custody hearing my mother did not even show up, and I don’t bat an eyelash.

You see, the miracles you see... and that everyone else wants to see... are the ones that don't and can't happen. People don’t get healed, your god doesn’t step in and make bullets blanks, and he doesn’t put food on people’s tables or cure them of alchaholism. You... You sicken me to the deepest core of my being. God healed my ankle. So what? You get to skate a little bit more. Get over it, one day you will have to stop anyways. God put gas in your tank. Whoop-Dee do. Must feel good to get a free tank every now and then instead of paying 2.50 a gallon.

Now I feel I need to apologize, not for what I said but for the emotions with which I said it. Today has been trying for me, and my life has not been the easiest here. But it has not been the hardest. The next time you want to post something so petty as thanking your god for healing your ankle, making your car run farther, or making a few shooting stars appear, I would say to think about what a real miracle is.

-Jake

(Edited for spelling and grammar)

I even had the pleasure of having a True Christian™ take a shit on me in that thread too.  :lmao:

Ahhh.... Those were the good'ol days. :wub:

:HaHa:

Do Tell

The heathen with no user name wrote:

I'm 17 also; I am getting ready to move out of my home. I have planned ahead so that I can take care of myself and my bride.

Congrats man! I hope your new life with your wife will be everything you hope for!

I haven't seen you around so...Welcome to the forum and may life bless you and yours!

Actualy I have been at the boards for about a year, I just never posted that often and they deleted my account, so I had to make a new one.

-Jake

Not deleted, just had to migrate to a new server and had to reregister

Three times