Goodbye Jesus

Most Annoying Non-x-tian Religion

Guest Zenobia

yawn

Ah! What a creative, highly expressive, detailed, industrious, entertaining response!

Woah dude. You're awesome. :3:

Zzzzzzzzzz...........

;)

• Like 1

Zzzzzzzzzz...........

wink.png

You're awesome too Mac!

Woah! I'm surrounded by totally awesome people dude!

:HaHa:

If you believed that Obama's election marked the beginning of the healing of Earth then...

... you might be a religious Leftist.

If you believe demonizing leftists shows you to be non-partisan....

You might be Legion.

:HaHa:

• Like 3

If you believe demonizing leftists shows you to be non-partisan....

You might be Legion.

GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

One up

ah bugger it, can't be bothered.

• 6 months later...

Hmm... tough call. I actually gave this one a lot of thought. The Hare Krishnas I just find hilarious. They're like a practical joke played on disaffected rich white kids with first world problems. Heh.

Islam... well, honestly, there's so much of it, from Sufi Islam, which is pretty laid back, and the bombing things crazies. I mean, Indonesia has the world's largest Muslim population (I love you, CIA World Fact Book!). I think, due to Recent Unpleasantness, we think of the crazed bombers, rather than the vast, non-blowing-things-up majority. And, proportionally, I'm not sure it's really any worse than the others. Buddhists have had their share of terrorists, too. ...Then there's the Crusades.

As brought up before, there's a LOT of nastiness associated with the Scientologists. There's not so many of them... and, technically, it's about annoyance. I find their censorship, and general paranoid aggressiveness intensely maddening.

I'd have to echo the sentiments expressed earlier on the suckitude of Battlefield Earth.  That movie was steaming crap on a stick.

P. S. If you want me to name the worst one in my opinion, which was NOT on the list at all, Aum Shinrikyo wins, no contest. Pretty much all terrorists, of the worst kind. (Nerve gas attack in Tokyo, etc.) It's not even close, for me.

Islam, but only because Muslims are constantly in our faces. If all religions had an equal number of converts and power, I doubt I could separate them. You could also add into the mix astrology and psychics, etc (other superstitious nonsense) as equally annoying.

Paganism. I mean seriously, you know it's an invented religion with little similarity to they way pagans believed and practiced but you still somehow wholeheartedly believe in it? It does my head in thinking about it. It's so frustrating. It's like Christians who have no qualms with saying antibiotics cured their illness. You motherfuckers would be considered heretics not even two or three hundred years ago.

• 3 weeks later...

New Age, for sure.  It's built on a combination of generic "spirituality" and "holistic" pseudoscience.  That bullshit is everywhere and it even invades other religions.  It provides a convenient cover for general asshattery far easier than any other religion, because it can even disguise itself as secular thought as well.  It's another bullshit "philosophy" that demands everyone take it seriously and follow it.  It presents itself as an alternative to traditional organized religion, but achieves the same goals, and is just as bad for women.  It does nothing to protect or advocate for the rights of its minority or female followers.  And New Agers in general are just really fucking annoying.

I hate New Age bullshit, and especially what it's done to Christianity.  Not that I care for Christianity at all, but New Age has definitely had an effect on it. 

• Like 3

Scientology is pretty annoying, but I picked Islam simply because it's so in your face.  I've also had a slight problem with Buddhism simply because I thought it would be THE religion to pick if I hadn't been a xtian.  But then I learned how the religion started out with the abandoning of wife and child. I've decided all religions set you up for failure on some level basically.  But Islam would definitely be my top pick of that list. I'm curious as to what the "others" were. 

• 2 weeks later...

The "Religion of Me"  wasn't one of the choices.  I might have voted for that as being the most annoying non-x-tian religion.

Other than that, I would say that the "Cult of the Politically Correct" is the most annoying religion of all.

I would say Mormonism, because I would count that sufficiently deviated from Christianity to be considered another religion.

And, man, those Mormons are annoying.

I don't know, would need to know all the religions properly.
To be honest they all piss me off.

Especialy this modern new age stuff and buddism.
People finally grow some sense and leave xtianity or a similar stupid religion and then.........they show up.

• 4 weeks later...

Since I could not vote for "all mentioned" I chose Islam.....If only because of their aggressive proselytizing ...at the point of a sword...at least one can just walk away shaking your head in amazement at how stupid Scientology is,..

• 5 months later...

I have a hard time separating christianity from Islam.  I am aware they have significant differences, but the 3 Abrahamic religions all come from the same root, so saying Islam is more annoying than christianity is like saying catholisim is more annoying than evangelical lutheran or baptist.  They are all annoying...

So I voted for Scientology.