Goodbye Jesus

Life is good

Lanakila

I figure this is a good forum to start a thread like this. Let's just talk about positive things in our life and the world in this thread, please. I know its hard guys. We all like to bitch and moan, but I know y'all can do it.

First off, I moved back with my husband and kids recently. I missed my kids so badly and its been great spending time with them. Yesterday we went to Six Flags in St Louis MO, and had a good time as a family together despite the heat and humidity.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Totallyatpeace

• Dark Helmet

• Lunar Shadow

• Ouroboros

I recently bought a car that doesn't suck. It's the first decent car I've had, instead of settling for something I can afford with peanuts. Which I can do because I have that post-college RealJob I slaved away for years to get.

The social and professional environment at work has improved greatly in the past few months. I no longer share an office with a total jackass. It's much easier to get work done. I've been taking on additional responsibility and am starting to build up my own reputation at my office.

I've been with somebody really cool for a little over two months.

Or the best thing of them all: I'm not xtian anymore!

I figure this is a good forum to start a thread like this. Let's just talk about positive things in our life and the world in this thread, please. I know its hard guys. We all like to bitch and moan, but I know y'all can do it.

Very good idea!

I will have my 40th Birthday in a few weeks... maybe that's not a good thing... let's move on... (getting old)

Next month I will go to Sweden to visit my parents and siblings, haven't been back in 4 years.

And my younger brother with wife, is coming back with me, to stay for 2 weeks.

My business is going better, and hopefully we'll get another customer, which will make us more stable and have more buffer for "bad" times.

1. I have a good job

2. I have reliable transportation

3. I have a place to live

4. I have a girlfriend

I can be no more content.

935.gif okay? I will try to think of something, when I do.

It was a bright and sunny day today. The humidity was low and a nice breeze was blowing the 75 degree air all around and inside the house. I took the opportunity to use my all my good limbs to clean like a mad man, which is something I enjoy when the mood strikes me.

Relationships

I have a partner of seven years who has never given me a moment of grief. He tells me he loves me almost everyday and I can tell that he does. He also thinks that religions are crock of shit.

We have made some great new friends in the area that have really perked up our social life.

Health

I am healthy for a man of 45 and people tell me I look younger than that, despite the gray hair. Yes, there are some things wrong, like I have psoriasis, my eyesight is getting worse, and I have trouble with my tummy, but all in all I can’t complain. I can do just about anything I want to.

Home

I am living in the home of my dreams. We purchased it over three years ago. We have two forested acres and I can’t see any neighbors from the backyard. We moved to New Hampshire from California four years ago to start a new life. It was the best decision we ever made. I would never go back.

Finances

Except for a very affordable mortgage we have no debt whatsoever. We also have an emergency fund with over six months of living expenses saved up. I paid cash for all my educational expense. We saved and did without for a long time to make this happen.

I will finish my B.S. degree in accounting by Christmas and the job prospects for accountants looks very good in this area.

Thanks for starting this thread. I do feel much better now. :woohoo:

I can pay the rent and actually have a little money left over to save or spend as I wish.

Ivy and I just had our 2nd child and she is beautiful and healthy. That is about all the good going on in my life right now

Had great sex tonight.

Life is good.

This is nice, thanks Lana.

I am madly in love...which can be good and bad...but right now, it is very good.

At 47, the only health problem I have is pain in my right elbow, due to over exertion during landscaping a few months ago. Fortunately, I can still play tennis despite the pain.

Just heard from my tax man. I owe $700. The conservative in me is pissed, and the liberal in me says "Is that all?"

It's going to be in the high 90's the next few days. Heat doesn't bother me to much.

I'm teaching a photography class for the kids the next few days at 4-H camp. Been doing that every July for the past four years. I always enjoy it.

Did I mention that I am madly in love...?

So, Bob, I kinda sense maybe you're in love - are you? Heh heh. :HaHa:

This weekend I went camping with friends of 35 years - the husband was a science teacher and advisor of a club I was in during high school, and we all became friends (incl. his wife, who was only a few years older than we students). We went back to the place we first camped together in 1970. Still beautiful (though suburbia gets a little closer). There were always scattered rumors of the occasional sighting of a bobcat. Yesterday we saw bobcat tracks mixed with some deer and raccoon tracks in the mud near a little rivulet. We were excited - bobcats are very elusive, and you hardly ever see the real animal.

I am happy. I am free.

I have ended the cycle of grief and mourning over the loss of my faith.

I love completely and I am fully loved.

Life is good.

Life is wonderful!

I have a great husband

4 wonderful kids

I'm finally in pretty good shape after all those kids :phew:

Absolutely no debt: We just payed off our house and I just turned 40, YAHOOO!

My mind is free of the christ cult

Hmm...

1. I have a job which is permanent (well as permenant as you can have in this day and age) and provides insurance.

2. Generally I am healthy despite allergies and such

3. I can afford to buy food which is healthy and also that doesn't have allergens in it.

4. I have a mom who loves me very very much no matter what... accepts I'm not straight (and gave me a card to congratulate me on coming out) and is happy I'm not a Christian anymore.

5. I have a car which is running very well and is safe and has working A/C (very important.)

6. My cat has been extra affectionate and protective of me lately while I sleep.

That will work for now. Thank you for starting this. =)

Darkenmoon, yes, cats and genuinely understanding moms are the greatest - not nec. in that order, either!

uuuuuuuummmmmm....uuuuuuuhhhhhh......errrrrrrrrrr.......

I have a job and I don't live in Bosnia.

oh, and I just bought a DVD Burner and an Mp3 player.

Cool idea, Lanakila!

Life is good for me, too. The husband is back in the country (he is not american, so can only stay here 1/2 the time), so home life is better. I don't make a very good gay bachelor, sorry to say. He's a great cook, and just is a loving, caring man who complements me well. I'm damned lucky.

I've been training to run a 1/2 marathon, and this past Saturday I actually tried it...didn't quite make it, but I'm coming along, so I feel pretty good about that. It's a feeling of achieving short term goals.

Health is good. Went shopping and got new pants (always fun to shop when you know what you want).

I've got a great job and I like coming to work on Monday morning.

All in all, I'm spoiled rotten but am thankful for what I have and experience.

Thanks, Lana.

Too many things to list.

But this made me stop, have a smoke, and really think.

And I guess what covers everything is that because I'm human I have the benefit of awareness of life's complex offerings and the ability to enjoy them, fix them, or wait them out.

As long as I have human awareness and ability, I don't need a god to do anything for me, and that's about as good as it can get! :woohoo:

It may not be much, or significant, compared what I'm sure others have posted already (plus, I'm kind of tired after being away almost the whole day...), but anyway...

...I love this job! :)

(Today was my first day at the help desk of the Volkswagen bank in Braunschweig. I knew that office PC support has its pleasant aspects compared with production line support, but... wow... all the things we are allowed to do there - and the respect paid to us! Simply cool!

And what do you know... I've heard we have a christian fundie in the team too. Iris, one of our veterans, already demanded that I only enter a religious debate with that fundie boy she must be in ear's range - he tried to convert some of my new teammates. Sounds like fun - if I only react to his advances of course. Don't want to appear as a troublemaker...)

I had all four of my wisdom teeth extracted Friday, and it wasn't as miserable as I thought it would be.

Cool thread :grin:

I quit the job that was causing me tons of stress back in May. I have been working my old job part time and it has been good. The money is OK, but the stress levels are way down.

I finish my dive class this week and hope to start diving soon. I already got a great deal on most of a set of used gear.

My mother gets out of the hospital Wednesday or Thursday after a double knee replacement. We thought that she might have had some problems with surgery, but she is recovering very nicely.

I have gone from sick and hurting in my last job to pain free and getting back into shape again.

I have a great group of friends who are loads of fun and good people.

My crush's accepting of me!

I'm still alive!

MY LIFE'S PANNING OUT!

I had all four of my wisdom teeth extracted Friday, and it wasn't as miserable as I thought it would be.

I already had all mine taken out a long time ago, so I didn't have to feel the pain today and I don't have to do it again... EVER!!!

Life is good!

And I finally (again) went out for a jog. Trying to get in shape again. Damn! It's more tempting to sit and post on this site!!!

This past year I finally got married! It has given me the confidence to take charge of my health physically and psychologically! I lost 30#, I got a hair transplant! (I use to look in the mirror and have to tell myself over and over "It doesn't look that bad, It doesn't look that bad!" Now I look in the mirror and am so happy to see hair!) I feel 15 years younger than I use to and no more bald jokes it is great! Go to the gym three to four times a week and look better than I have in 20 years! Avoided losing my teaching job by finishing four college classes by videotape! (Thanks USD!) I am married to my best friend whom I love more than anyone else in the world!

thanks for starting tis thread it reminds me of "Count your blessings name them one by one!"