Goodbye Jesus

Life is good

Lanakila

I'm divorced from both a controlling woman and a brainwashing religion.

I've never felt so free. Sure I'm lonely but I'm happier than I've been in a very long time.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Totallyatpeace

• Dark Helmet

• Lunar Shadow

• Ouroboros

I finally married the right person! :D Spouse is dang near a clone of myself. First person I've ever been with who's actually interested in my happiness. He loves my dog, is an artist like me, and makes me laugh. We squabble but stuff always works out. He's affectionate, patient, and understanding. We support each other emotionally... and we TALK. (Which didn't happen in the last marriage!) We'll be married a year on September 2nd. :wub:

I don't live with my parents anymore. I haven't for nearly 10 years now. My relationship with them has improved 1000%. They have their foibles but they're just people now. And it works out.

I have a really really cute wiener dog. :wub: She's like my child. She snuggles under the bedcovers every night with me. She cuddles up when I watch movies. She's happy, healthy, and very active and alert. And she's always glad to see me when I come home, whether I've been gone for 20 minutes or 3 hours.

I'm 3 weeks away from finishing the degree I always wanted to get: a BFA. I'm actually beginning to make a living as an artist! In fact I just had my senior show and sold some stuff! :clap:

My best friend got out of prison and is living a positive, productive life. I see her a lot and talk to her a lot. She's one of very few people who I can actually say the phrase "I love you" to. (She says it back too.) :happy_old:

My senior thesis is basically done. I have minor grammatic revisions and it's off to the binder. My profs thought it was so good that one of them wants to help me find a way to publish the research section. Wow! Another prof wants to talk to me about using my work in a book she's writing on art techniques. Wow again!

I'll have $40K worth of student loans to repay when I graduate. And the IRS thinks I owe them $38K. But I have so much other good stuff going on that I don't care!

The weather is great outside. :)

There are lots of fun smilies to use for posting. :funny:

Hey, since ppl here helped me out with my thesis, if anybody wants me to send them a .pdf of it, let me know. PM me or something.

1) I'll be picking up my first brand-new vehicle in a day or two.

2) I have 2 cute, healthy & happy rats.

3) We just got a yearling Paint Horse, who is pretty as can be and has a wonderful personality.

4) My dad has recovered from a stroke earlier this year and can walk and drive again.

5) I became an aunt 2 weeks ago for the first time to both a boy and a girl.

6) I'm taking 2 days vacation next week to do absolutely nothing.

7) I'm lucky enough to have 5 wonderful older brothers and sisters who all get along.

8) Now what was I bitching about?

A lot of water lying around for once:

P1130007.jpg

OK it means we have had to patch this mess

P1130008.jpg,

but then, what's a load of reinforced concrete in the general equation of the Universe eh?

P2070001.jpg

Takes water to grow this:

P2070003.jpg

All in all, better this:

P1200031.jpg

than dust.

Casey

Life is WONDERFUL!

my wife of 15 years left me and my daughter for another man

my business has failed, due to clever competition under bidding all my work.

I am broke

I am going to lose my house.

I cant get a new girlfriend cuz I am introverted short bald fat pale and drive a crappy car.

I am alone at night while my wife is in bed with another man.

I spent $40 tonight at the local strip club cuz I am super lonely for extroverted female company.

I spent 2 hours today talking with, connecting with, and trying to hook up with a friendly girl who i found out was a lesbian.

My crappy car needs new brakes and I keep getting pulled over by the cops because the rear end is smashed in.

I am 2 months behind on the morgage.

I smoked an entire pack of cigs in one night.

My 9 year old daughter crys for her mom at night, while she is out partying and fucking.

I am drunk off cheap wine.

I have diarrea and bad gas.

I am going bald.

I have nightmares of my wife being with other men.

I havent slept for two days.

I met my very first transvestite today at the unitarian- universalist church

My wife and I finalized the child support. divorce paper work today, while my 9 year old daughter got angry that mom has a boyfriend, and tells us that we love each other and are best friends, and is asking why we live apart now.

My fundy dad is coming into town to use this divorce as an opportunity for my to reconvert.

In less that a week I get to spent one week driving to the Red Woods with my ultra fundy dad, sister, bro-in-law as they use this opportunity to get me to come back to Jesus.

I dont have the money to fix up the house to sell.

My car had a dead battery this morning.

My yard is dead because of the heat and going out of town for a week.

My dog pooped on the carpet again today.

I have buttloads of PC. viruses

I have to rewrite 3 hours worth of divorce documents agian cuz I lost the data.

I ran over a cat on my way home from the strip club

I have a skin rash on my face, from the heat.

My teeth are yellow.

its 3 am in the morning and I cant sleep.

Other than that

LIFE IS WONDERFUL

WHOA, that's lots of negatives.

I still eat fishs and chocolate so Life is scinlliating.

Other than that

LIFE IS WONDERFUL

Oh, BBA, my heart goes out to you. You still have your child...

Life is WONDERFUL!

(bad stuff)

Other than that

LIFE IS WONDERFUL

Okay I know things are rough. The whole rest of the site is full of horrible stuff, some worse than others. I'm not unsympathetic to you but did you have to post this in the one thread where you were specifically asked not to post it?

I don't know how to say that without adding insult to injury, but then again I didn't think anyone would so blatantly ignore the purpose of this thread either.

Well, I'm having a blast for the first time in 5 years. In the late 90s I was living in Italy and life couldn't get any better. Every day was just great to be alive. Then I moved back to the states and just couldn't readjust. I was working for the government in DC, commuting by train every day, stuck in the rat race and just feeling like a number. Add to that snipers, terrorists, and beltway drivers and my stress was sky high.

Now I've got my own business that allows me to work from the internet letting me set up shop any where in the world. I love my business. It's the first time in my adult life that I've truly enjoyed my work. Freedom is my highest priority in life and now I'm enjoying it. The business is growing and I was able to hire a new marketing manager last month. It turns out he is quite the young genius and is making some very nice needed improvements.

Every weekend we are able to get out and enjoy ourselves and explore new things. This city has a lot to offer. For example, there's a club here called "Suit Case of the Pregnant Spy." On weekends they put on a Russian style variety show that is just hilarious. Part of the act is an auction where the audience bids on the baby. Once the baby was bid up to 300 rubles and 42 kopecs (about $12). THe highest bidder found himself proud owner of a bouncing baby pineapple. There are many clubs like it and we have plenty of time to check them out. They just opened a new restaurant in which everything is ice. You sit in a room that is zero degrees. They provide you with special boots and a blanket to keep warm. The plates and glasses are ice and so is your chair and table. I have no idea what the food could possibly be. In the autumn we plan to start attending the Marinsky Theater for a little more cultured entertainment.

Finally, at the end of August we will spend a week in my beloved Italy. I plan to kiss the ground when the plane touches ground. I have so many good memories there and can't wait to get back to la dolce vita.

I figure this is a good forum to start a thread like this. Let's just talk about positive things in our life and the world in this thread, please. I know its hard guys. We all like to bitch and moan, but I know y'all can do it.

First off, I moved back with my husband and kids recently. I missed my kids so badly and its been great spending time with them. Yesterday we went to Six Flags in St Louis MO, and had a good time as a family together despite the heat and humidity.

Here's something good and very simple.

My garden is producing the most awesome tasting garlic that would make all you Italian food lovers mouths absolutely water.

Zoe? Need any garlic? That's right :Doh: ......you're the bitee not the biter. ;)

Tap

My garden is producing the most awesome tasting garlic that would make all you Italian food lovers mouths absolutely water.

Wow, you grow your own! I love garlic!

Wow, you grow your own! I love garlic!

It is the easiest thing to grow, Hansolo. In fact, just pick up a head at the produce stand and plant each clove in the ground about 8 inches apart. Plant it October 1.

Tap :)

I love fresh garlic too. If this can also ward off my curses for getting what I want from this life, than I might have something possitive to share. But the only good I have is getting to be like my metaphors ...

Might be a great boat, but this boat (I am) restes on a dessart floor. A life of sailing on water would be more idea, than being a great boat, but not be functioning for the design and idea to gain for enjoyment of life. Or I might have it as good as being the idea airplane. Wanting to fly, but really not able to. I'm just grounded. So life to me, needs to reach the point of enjoyment, than getting half way there, without opposition.

Hmm... I'm living a stress-less summer and I'm preparing to move out of my parents house to go study something I think I'm gonna love. I got a great journey in front of me and I can't wait to go and get a chance to start a new life away from this place, even though I know I'll miss my friends. Life is great :)

It is the easiest thing to grow, Hansolo. In fact, just pick up a head at the produce stand and plant each clove in the ground about 8 inches apart. Plant it October 1.

Tap :)

Hey TAP,

My parents grow it, too. They love it. Fresh is SO good, eh?

I like it roasted, so it loses its bite and gets nutty. With sauteed broccoli or brussels' sprouts, angel hair pasta and a glass of red wine, it doesn't get much better.

God, now I'm starving! Guess I need to go home and eat. :grin:

And for all you vegetarians out there, no red meat (ha!).

I am married to the most intelligent, funny, strong, affectionate, and capable man I ever met. In two weeks, I'll enter grad school full-time and be (hopefully) on my way to fulfull my career ambitions. I have 2 great dogs, and I'm taking a major shopping trip on Labor Day. Yeehaw!

Hey TAP,

My parents grow it, too.  They love it.  Fresh is SO good, eh?

I like it roasted, so it loses its bite and gets nutty.  With sauteed broccoli or brussels' sprouts, angel hair pasta and a glass of red wine, it doesn't get much better.

Take the whole head of garlic and put it in a baking dish..........poor extra virgin olive oil over the top and bake it for about 15 minutes.....at 350 degrees.

The garlic squeezes out easily and you can spread it on many things....

It's to die for.....

:wub:

I recently cooked up a nice meal of pasta using fresh garlic, veggies, basil, and oregano, then proceeded to make my own pasta.

Utterly amazing. It was ulike any other dish I've had. Well worth every drop of sweat it took to knead the dough!!

Merlin

I recently cooked up a nice meal of pasta using fresh garlic, veggies, basil, and oregano, then proceeded to make my own pasta.

Utterly amazing. It was ulike any other dish I've had. Well worth every drop of sweat it took to knead the dough!!

Merlin

Just tell me the sweat didn't get into the dough....... lol

You worked up a sweat making pasta? Or did I miss something there? :woohoo:

Tap

Just tell me the sweat didn't get into the dough....... lol

C'mon, give me a little credit... I had a towel handy.

You worked up a sweat making pasta? Or did I miss something there?  :woohoo:

Tap

You need to make pasta fresh. The dough is very hard, but pliable. You need to use your hands a lot to get the consistancy right, kneading it together and such - the dough is very hard, it's not soft to the touch, very dense. Very tiring work, but the result is sooo light and silky...

Merlin

I love garlic. Probably my favorite is placing 2 peeled heads into a quart of balsamic vinegar and let it set for 2 weeks in the fridge, then use it as a dressing for ripe tomatoes and cukes and vadalia onions.

I love summer food

Yes life is good, even with the puppy pooing and peeing and chewing and running and sniffing and barking and driving me out of my head. LOL He makes up for it with just one cute little look and a wag of the tail.

This has been the softer kinder PR

I was having an angsty day, so I lied about being sick and went home early. All better now :)

The new truck payments are dinging my budget, but I'm not driving a time bomb anymore and the truck is awesome.

I found out the annual heathen campout is happening again this year.

I don't feel guilty anymore about being assertive of my needs or hurting anyone's feelings if necessary.

The gym workouts are starting to pay off.

I'm not on my knees anymore praying to fictional beings. I'm happy with this life being all that I have. In fact, that's the only thing that gets me out of my depressive slump anymore.