Goodbye Jesus

Life is good

Lanakila

At 42, despite massive debt to do it, I'm close (6 months away) from finishing my degree. My husband is totally supportive, and my 6 yr old son is the cutest,smartest, funniest and most handsome boy in the galaxy.

I'm healthy (but I drink too much, am overweight and don't exercise like I should).

The things I keep thinking of is that I'm in a 21 yr old relationship, the people I love are healthy, and I'm not wearing a burkha (burka? sp?). I live in a (misguided) country that is aware enough to emphasize the importance of educating women.

And, I'm a good cook (double edged, with the whole overweight thing).

Nice topic, though. BTW, we just rented Pirates of the Caribbean with Johnny Depp-- what a fun ride. Rent it if you haven't seen it.

-Barb

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Totallyatpeace

• Dark Helmet

• Lunar Shadow

• Ouroboros

I quit last friday my shithole job at the credit card company, yeah I worked as a telemarker. Ugh. Never again. They even sat me down with 2 supervisors and asked me if I really wanted to quit and I said YES! I even told them that I resented coming to work and they said that I didn't even had to do the 2 week notice, even though I offered. The ironic thing is on that day I made a sale before I quit. LOL. I was a good worker but the pressure was just too much. But at least I quit on good terms and I didn't burn any bridges when I left, they even said I could call them if I changed my mind, and that I could reapply in the future. But hell no, I'll never work for them again.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back from Florida where I got one hell of a sunburn. But it was worth it, because I went to Universal Studios and was finally able to get over my fear of riding roller coasters, and it was awesome! That's something I was never able to do as a Christian.

I also went to some of the beaches there in Florida, they were awesome. I loved it.

Today was awesome! Its the last day of summer vacation, but a dear online friend came down for the day..

While waiting for the baby to wake up so we could go swimming, my son (who I see only every few months) walked in..

Swimming, swimming...then inside to make lasagna..a trip out to the RV for the foil, and it starts raining!!

A totally great day!

I'm eating an apple. :woohoo:

I really like apples.

I just had an apple from my own tree. Here in southern California that takes talent, I have a tree that is grafted Fuji/Ein Schiener/ dorssett Golden onto Anna. If I had thinned my apples better, the fruit weights would have been better, but I still have been able to get several pounds of apple chips dried.

Actually I've had a pretty good year in my urban garden. I had $500 in lemons alone. I will have as much lemon juice as we can possibly need for lemonade and other uses until the next crop is ready in the winter. I've had great crops in lemon, orange, apple, beet, lettuce, bean, strawberry, etc etc etc. It's made a nice difference in our grocery bills.

I found out today that my days off at work are getting switched from Monday/Tuesday to Saturday/Sunday! This is a godsend (no pun intended) because I've missed birthdays, family functions, etc. because of working on the weekends. I've also quit my second job because I don't want to work on my new days off. I've looked at my budget and it won't really be affected. This is so great! The only thing is, my co-workers who have been here for 5 years or more (I've been here 5 months...lol) are going to be pissed. Oh well...que sera sera! :)

• 1 month later...

Life is slowly getting better for me after a very traumatic deconversion. I am now back at work. Thanks in a lot of ways to this site which has really helped me a lot.

:)

This past year has been very good to me. I have a wonderful new little boy, who brings my wife and I much joy. We have a very good combined income which allows us to enjoy the finer things in life (in my case, motorized toys). Most importantly, I've thrown away the shackles of delusion. I feel sooo good about that.

Life really is pretty darn good right now. I'm out in Oz living with my fiancé after almost 3 years of a long distance relationship, i'm back at Uni doing my Masters degree in Primary Teaching and i'm loving it (after 2 years of working in a call centre for a financial company which i hated), and we've recently decided that we're going to settle in Scotland after i graduate in 2008 which is fab as it means i get to be surrounded by all my friends and family AND my husband-to-be. That has helped me get over my homesickness out here as i know this is not a permanent move. I have wonderful friends back in the UK who keep me sane with email/letter/phone updates on what i'm missing regularly, and i'm starting to meet people out here too which is great. My sister-in-law to be has just had a baby 2 weeks ago so i'm an Auntie for the first time, i've just found out i have a part time job which will give us some extra money for the next few months, and come November, i'm heading back to Scotland for the wedding just after Christmas and i can't wait. Life is so, so sweet and i'm a very lucky gal :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Life is good and will soon get better. Since discovering that we no longer believe in the delusion that is the christian religion our life has changed in a few ways. We live a guilt free life. No longer feel guilty about not reading bible, not praying enough, not "spending time with the lord", enjoying alchohol [and/or other] on occasion, etc. Being guilt free has to be one of the most liberating feelings. The other thing is our sex life has changed for the better in many ways. We have sex every night (unless something really unsusual gets in the way) and have been having more creative and interesting sex then ever before. Sometimes I wonder if it is because my wife has less inhibitions since she stopped believing. In any case this has helped our relationship. We are like a new infatuated couple all over again. Saving the best for last... we have a brand new baby girl and she is the joy of our life (in the past I may have felt guilty for saying that too as 'god' is supposed to be the only joy of your life, right). Life is good. Why will it get better? Because soon this will be out in the open and we won't have to wake up sundays anymore to go to church.

• 2 weeks later...

I graduate from college in three and a half months.

My comic book collection is looking just the way I want it to look.

I'm relieving myself from stress by writing thoughts on my blog. I don't have to turn to anyone in order to express myself.

I have everything that I want on my notebook PC.

Life is good.

Oh life is good! I was born with the happy gene--glass half full, everything is wonderful kind of girl. My "life is good" list goes on and on, blah, blah, blah. But truly--It was good to find this website and I sure appreciate every one of you guys on this forum!

• 2 months later...

Life is good.

I'm doing well in school. I have friends that love me. I'm going to NYC tomorrow with my boyfriend and his family. I'm not constricted to any sadistic deities. I have a job with nice coworkers.