Goodbye Jesus

Life is good

Lanakila

Celebrated my birthday early with my parents. It's actually on Thursday. We went out to eat at a local seafood place. It was pretty good. My stepmom got some carrot cake from Byerlys. Carrot cake is my favorite!

I got my birthday present, a new vaccuum cleaner. Yes, I had asked for it.

It sucks (the other one didn't, that was the problem). ;)

So I had a pretty good evening.

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Totallyatpeace

• Dark Helmet

• Lunar Shadow

• Ouroboros

Guest JP1283

I'm driving home to Reno tomorrow with a weekend with the fam, which is a very good thing. It's hard living away from everyone but at the same time it's good that I'm not involved in the family drama that's always going on. Of course I have my own drama to deal with... ;)

Think of me driving tomorrow with my window down, hand out in the air, staring down the open road through my shades while grooving to the sounds of Alanis Morrisette.

I'll let you know when I get there.

JP

I had my first yearly review at my job and I got a 6.67 percent raise! :woohoo:

I had my first yearly review at my job and I got a 6.67 percent raise!  :woohoo:

Congrats, Spidey!!!

Glad to hear things are looking up.

The teasing has stopped and I met a pro deaf actor from America...

Life is good!

I just made a cuccumber and tomato salad from the garden with my own homemade dressing and it is so wonderful. The tomatoes started to ripen late but damn they are good. I love summer food.

PR

Has anyone ever stopped to think about how incredible it is to have existence? If you consider that once we each did not exist and that we will (perhaps) cease to exist someday, how precious is each day of our lives. Let us live fully and live well! It is up to us to make life good!

I figure this is a good forum to start a thread like this. Let's just talk about positive things in our life and the world in this thread, please. I know its hard guys. We all like to bitch and moan, but I know y'all can do it.

First off, I moved back with my husband and kids recently. I missed my kids so badly and its been great spending time with them. Yesterday we went to Six Flags in St Louis MO, and had a good time as a family together despite the heat and humidity.

What a great idea for a topic! :)

I got married last month to an intelligent, creative, loving (and agnostic!) woman last month. Life is good. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have just got a permanent job (about a month ago). Have wonderful husband and children.

Have great friends (and email buddies).

Best of all, have managed to raise kids with a "middle path" attitude to the religous people around them.

Winter is ending and spring is rapidly approaching (it's Australia). Lots more sunny days to follow on.

And like Casey, I am VERY happy that it has been raining lots lately. We need it. all sorts of pagan rain dances have been happening!!

My first born son is home from his gap year.

He is revelling in ...

the feel of carpet underfoot ...

mum's laundry service ...

family meal times that end up lasting all evening ...

fridges full of food ... tins full of biscuits ...

Something I thought I'd never say ... I love the way the house vibrates when he plays his electric guitar.

:D

A short list of my simple pleasures:

1. Creamy hot chocolate served in a heavy, kiln-fired, painted mug alongside a bowl of chicken noodle soup with angel hair pasta for noodles and shredded chicken (All found at the same cafe' by the way).

2. Being warm and cozy when you know it's face searingly cold outside.

3. Sucking on dark chocolate peanut m&ms until the candy shell falls apart.

4. Big soft pillows. Lots of them.

5. Re-reading a well loved book.

6. Falling asleep to the sound of the rain.

9. Overhearing a close friend humming a song you recognize.

10. Knowing what someone needs, and handing it to them just as or before they ask you for it.

11. Smelling the barbecues in the neighborhood in late summer.

12. Watching two cats curl up with each other for a nap.

13. That elevated post workout feeling.

14. Seeing a color shade you've never seen before.

15. Knowing other people care about you.

• 3 weeks later...

Work settles down to near normal..actually leaving after my alotted "8"..instead of getting overtime.

We have a roommate now, my BIL, who is very considerate and often goes after dinner for us.

My grandbaby is growing and healthy.

The air conditioner works great! (Its freezing my arm as I type :grin: )

I just met my favorite author / columnist yesterday (Dan Savage).

I don't have a job. :grin:

I'm going back home for the weekend :grin: I can't wait to see my family and my friends!

• 1 month later...

I just found out the other night that perception changes perception.

How cool is that !

And that having blades on a mower really cuts down on mowing time.

Woke up 1 30 this morning to some great thunder and lightning, awesome !

I have been to court 4 times in order to have "minimum" visitation with my daughter who is 6 years old. I just recenlty won the last case, again! I had a wonderful weekend with my daughter and I am so thandful that she can be a part of my life.

I went shopping yesterday and bought a new leather computer chair, which I am enjoying at the moment.

I also bought a super soft faux suede slipcover in a deep stone color for my couch, a matching chenille throw, 2 chenille pillows in a camel color, one of those new super soft Woolrich blankets also in camel, a light tan shag rug to put in front of the couch, and a faux fur throw with with all the colors of the other pieces. Last night I curled up in softness, warmth, and comfort to watch TV.

Life is good.

I can sell my books back next week.

:sing:

'cuz we all got bills

'cuz we all got bills

yeah we all got bills and they'll never pay themselves.....

:sing: