Goodbye Jesus

God/Jesus being a Genuine Man

Saviourmachine

NUH UH! Slingin insults is an art too! I am teh mastah!!111!! You have been 0wn3ned!111!111!!

I thought is was pWn3d in l33t...

Man, and you thought learning english was hard work.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dogmatically_challenged

• Amanda

• Cerise

• duderonomy

I thought is was pWn3d in l33t...

Man, and you thought learning english was hard work.

Yea but she don't know leet speak so I made it easy for her. Sides my leet speak is real rusty. I never really used it a lot. I learned it at first person shooter severs. hehe.

3Ngl15h w4s 1nv3n73d 8y lok1 a5 A prAc7iC4l j0k3!!11!1111 g37 83n7 C3R153! hee!

Canuck teachers who teach in America are real grammer nazis. hehe.

Dew neh loh moh on your ancestors Dog.   :grin:

<3 Hehe.

So, are you going to solve all the problems of the world like Amanda is asking you to? Remember, you have to do it without Gawd...

Ah, it's impossible! We're simply doomed to be evil I guess. :shrug:

So, are you going to solve all the problems of the world like Amanda is asking you to?  Remember, you have to do it without Gawd...

Ah, it's impossible!  We're simply doomed to be evil I guess.   :shrug:

The problem lies in the fact that she thinks there is a magical answer were there is not. So why should I be expected to provide one when she herself can't? There is no system that everyone will agree with 100%.

We the human race would get along and be much more cooperative with eachother more often than not, if morality had only human needs as the foundation of morality and not the needs of our gods. Only critical thinking and empathy for others will do. We must be in the habit of developing our empathy skills and the gods are all self serving egomaniacs and so they should be kicked to the curb as they do not have all the peoples of the plants best interests at heart.

This solution though not perfect is superior in every way than idiotic appeals to gods ( The old and sorry tenets of our primitive ancestors), for a system of morality. If we ever agreed to this suprior method, then we can slowly build on it as best we can. No system is perfect, and superstitous do's and don'ts are just plain antihuman in many instances. Some are just plain idiotic taboos.

Amanda makes the mistake in thinking that people can't be taught ethics through philosophy alone. The gods should just be used to ease our fears of death and give us comfort when loved ones pass away. That means we need a do over with what the gods are really all about. I think relying on a totaly personal revelation from god(s) for the comfort we seek; without absolute certitude will do by far less damage in the world than appealing to the holy books of the terrible 3. Judaism, Christianity and last but not least destructive Islam.

( I can have good grammer when I want to :P )

I wonder sometimes if our ideas of perfection aren't a little skewed by all this religious talk. That if everyone lives perfectly they would be all following the same rules and thinking the same things.

What if perfect just means "what works"? Isn't diversity been working for thousands of years now in every other species but "civilized man"? Why does it not work for us?

I wonder sometimes if our ideas of perfection aren't a little skewed by all this religious talk.  That if everyone lives perfectly they would be all following the same rules and thinking the same things.

What if perfect just means "what works"?  Isn't diversity been working for thousands of years now in every other species but "civilized man"?  Why does it not work for us?

For starters we have the nasty habbit of taking more than what we need. We want to totaly control everything to suit our personal interests while empathy takes a back seat...in many cases.

Judaism, Christianity and Islam was invented by such people. The only problem I have with Judaism is its holy book. Judaism has by far fewer fundies in the western world today. I heard that Jews give us more atheists than most any other religion. Sounds like they had thier do over on thier own without anyone having to bitch at them. I'll leave them alone for the most part even though thier holybook makes me want to vomit.

But when did this kind of "we" start?

I think we take less then we need, actually. Less things that matter, such as community support and knowledge and wisdom for our children. But why more of things like clothes and cars? When did this need arise?

When did the first plainsman say "I must have ten pots instead of one" even though he could only use one pot at a time? And why?

But when did this kind of "we" start?

I think we take less then we need, actually.  Less things that matter, such as community support and knowledge and wisdom for our children.  But why more of things like clothes and cars?  When did this need arise?

When did the first plainsman say "I must have ten pots instead of one" even though he could only use one pot at a time?  And why?

I think the protestant movement really ignited the idiotic values in which you speak. Baptists have a real lust for worldy goods.

Humans would be much happier if we placed much, much, more value on family, friendships, community as well as personal knowlege and skills, so that we may be more for eachother than just for ourselves and family. We should value technology more than just mindlessly accumiltating money and worthless trophies that flawnt how rich we are.

I think its down right disgusting to be suckered in by credit card companies and some banks as well as "financial help" scammers, just so we can buy more junk. I will never be in debt because I plan on never ever living above my means.

It would be different if most technologies actually did make our life easier (like they claimed to do) instead of more complicated.

Think how many processes it takes to complete a car with GPS locating system and on-star and all the trimmings, air bags and a sun roof and etc.

And then think what it would be like if you could just walk to wherever you needed to go, if you could do everything you needed to do in a day without ever travelling more then a mile or so if you wanted to.

I was trying to explain to a five-year old about typing on the computer, how a program made by people through hours of coding makes it possible for me to type words on a keyboard and have them show up on a page. I said we had to take typing classes in school and that some people learned to program computers and make them and so on. And he asked me why I didn't just use a pencil like he did when he wanted to write something, or even just say it to someone else. :mellow:

I had absolutely no answer for that.

It would be different if most technologies actually did make our life easier (like they claimed to do) instead of more complicated.

Think how many processes it takes to complete a car with GPS locating system and on-star and all the trimmings, air bags and a sun roof and etc.

And then think what it would be like if you could just walk to wherever you needed to go, if you could do everything you needed to do in a day without ever travelling more then a mile or so if you wanted to.

I was trying to explain to a five-year old about typing on the computer, how a program made by people through hours of coding makes it possible for me to type words on a keyboard and have them show up on a page.  I said we had to take typing classes in school and that some people learned to program computers and make them and so on.  And he asked me why I didn't just use a pencil like he did when he wanted to write something, or even just say it to someone else.   :mellow:

I had absolutely no answer for that.

Hahaha! I agree with your insight as to the waist of time and resources on junk tech.

As far as computers go, computers -->should<-- be our cable/tv, phone, home entertainment center, as well as a way to compactly store info. A PC is truly a worth while item so long as we use it to its fullest potential.

Computers and Palm pilots save trees.

City tech. hehe. You been talkin to Chef huh? I agree with most everything he points out.

You kiddin'? I was into this stuff way before joining Ex-C.net. The MEI team read Ishmael back in 2001. Most my essays on education from 2001-2004 stem from these kinds of questions. :grin:

Saviourmachine, it is SCIENCE that says that energy can neither be created, nor distroyed... but transformed from one form to another! Additionally, science says that most of EVERYTHING is energy, light, and electromagnetic charge. THAT is the popular scientific theory for now!
I don't care. If someone asks me why I think that biological evolution occurs, I'm willing to explain. If you're postulating concepts I ask only for clarification. How do you know that the second law of thermodynamics doesn't break down before big bang time? If everything is energy, why do we make any semantical difference between matter and energy? Why the factor c squared in Einstein's formula? Is quantum mechanics defined in terms of electromagnetic charge, or light?

Base your belief on what is KNOWN? What is known?  :scratch: Most of science is even theory. That is why it is refining itself all the time!
Do you use the term theory to imply some lack of knowledge? Why do you use the term refining?

My suggestion in support of the teachings of Christ is to take his principles, apply them to one's life, and if it has a positive affect to help one manuever through the world more effectively... then let that stand on its own... here and now. Why would anyone attribute these collections of powerful presentations to help mankind, to someone else... especially a fictitious person!? That would be like Einstien attributing the theory of relativity to Santa Claus!  :twitch:
Yes, why attribute them to Jesus, a fictitious person. I don't know either. I'll change them only a bit. Don't be afraid that you have to heal persons, that you have to base your life on faith in invisible things, that you can't watch women passing by, that you have to search for some religion, that you have to pray, that you have to forgive if you don't want to.

Having said that, I do NOT believe that the Bible and its teachings are the ONLY way to attain principles to receive great benefits. There are many paths, and one for each person, IMO.

Maybe God did reveal that to you. Personally, I don't see the bible and its teachings as very beneficial in regard to obtain good principles. History doesn't show a skewed distribution, or does it?

If everything is energy, why do we make any semantical difference between matter and energy? Why the factor c squared in Einstein's formula? Is quantum mechanics defined in terms of electromagnetic charge, or light?

Saviourmachine... you are right... I stand corrected, as I know that some mass does exist... yet very minute in the scope of all things. What mostly gives the senses the acknowledgment of a solid surface is the repeling forces of energy, I believe what is known as ionic energy... though I may stand corrected. That's one good thing about this site... I can never be too precise... and will always be corrected! :grin:

Do you use the term theory to imply some lack of knowledge? Why do you use the term refining?

My use of theory can be found below:

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book...onary&va=theory

I use the word 'refining' because the more I learn and accept, the more my understandings change accordingly.

Yes, why attribute them to Jesus, a fictitious person. I don't know either. I'll change them only a bit. Don't be afraid that you have to heal persons, that you have to base your life on faith in invisible things, that you can't watch women passing by, that you have to search for some religion, that you have to pray, that you have to forgive if you don't want to.

Maybe God did reveal that to you. Personally, I don't see the bible and its teachings as very beneficial in regard to obtain good principles. History doesn't show a skewed distribution, or does it?

No, history does NOT show a positive skewed distribution for the 'religion'... but the teachings of the 'man Jesus' are different IMHO. I'm not afraid to heal a person... it is said by modern doctors that most illnesses are psychosomatic... and I believe that Jesus addressed many of those issues too (and more). If anyone is interested in a nonChristian insight into this, you may be interested in this site below:

http://www.geocities.com/angelscmj/heal/b.html

And I don't base my life on invisible things... I've considered what the Bible has said, I've tested it, I've found it to be beneficial time and time again... I NOW believe.

Yes, I don't watch women passing by (yet ok for those male/female who do)... but I certainly notice strong, masculine guys with pertruding muscles... let's move on now...

Further, I don't search some 'dogmatic religion'... I don't even like 'dogmatic religion'... spirituality is what is important to me. Pray? I believe to pray without ceasing is to be in constant communion with one's conscience. If anyone can get up and look at themselves in the mirror with no remorse... that is ALL that matters... providing that you are not dissociating... which leads to fragmentation... which makes one NOT whole... or not holy.

I'm not afraid to heal a person... it is said by modern doctors that most illnesses are psychosomatic... and I believe that Jesus addressed many of those issues too (and more). If anyone is interested in a nonChristian insight into this, you may be interested in this site below:

http://www.geocities.com/angelscmj/heal/b.html

Oh no! You're so different from me. How can I ever take your words serious!? Where are the studies underlying the results of this website? Did they found correlation between breast problems and overmothering, or between bad breadth and revenge thoughts? That can be tested.

We choose our birth defects and our parents... Why does it have to be our own choice? Is it not cruel enough on its own?

Yes, I don't watch women passing by (yet ok for those male/female who do)... but I certainly notice strong, masculine guys with pertruding muscles... let's move on now...
:)

Me voy a España por una semana, yeah! Costa del Sol. Thanks for your time! Enjoy!

Oh no! You're so different from me. How can I ever take your words serious!? Where are the studies underlying the results of this website? Did they found correlation between breast problems and overmothering, or between bad breadth and revenge thoughts? That can be tested.

We choose our birth defects and our parents... Why does it have to be our own choice? Is it not cruel enough on its own?

:)

Me voy a España por una semana, yeah! Costa del Sol. Thanks for your time! Enjoy!

Actually, if you purchase the book I have by Louise Hayes, you will find a section that has been incorporated from a Chiropractor College, I believe Parker, that seems to coincide with her in that they have noticed that certain emotional issues were often related with certain vertebras out of position. I didn't give it much credit either until I had a significant problem with TMJ/lockjaw and considered her aspects among others and was impressed that it went away within three days! A couple of my professional friends originally recommended it to me, and they claim they find it to be about 80% correct. Perhaps one might not agree with ALL of it, yet there is something there to be considered IMO. Don't take my word for it, you might just try it yourself one time and see what happens... verify it yourself. Let it stand on its own merit... or judge it without trying... I don't care, I just share it for what its worth.

Jo ohala que to tiennes un buen tiempo en espana! Por que no va a vistitar Calle Las Ramblas en Barcelona? Hay muchas buenas tapas en Espana me amigo!

I'm leaving for the weekend also, so if I don't respond to someone's post... you'll know why. :thanks:

Midnight Star, too bad you didn't use my entire post...

There was no point in it, as the thinking was unbiblical. You took some verses out of context in order to make them fit into your own little mold. I am still trying to figure out how in the world you still claim to be christian when you reject the teaching of the bible. This is really confusing. My questions are to make you think, but seeing how you refuse to even question where your beliefs lay or even if they are in keeping with your own manuel. Not trying to be a smart ass here, but have you ever considered Qabalah (not the hollywood version, but true qabalah) or even as I suggested, christian witchcraft. Don't let the witchcraft fool you, it is not what you think. It is also so very close to what you already believe.

If you don't question everything, you learn nothing.

There was no point in it, as the thinking was unbiblical. You took some verses out of context in order to make them fit into your own little mold.

Could you be more specific, what verses, what mold? :shrug:

Not trying to be a smart ass here, but have you ever considered Qabalah (not the hollywood version, but true qabalah) or even as I suggested, christian witchcraft. Don't let the witchcraft fool you, it is not what you think. It is also so very close to what you already believe.

I've wanted to look into Qabalah for a long time! I have great interests in that area. Now, it seems to me, in my prior searches for it that, I've been spelling it wrong... with a K (but got some references!), and I do plan to look up some references on it, now with a Q. :grin: Witchcraft doesn't fool me, as I have great respect for Wicca... not all that knowledgeable, but have had friends in that area and liked what I saw and heard.

From my limited understanding, qabalah is spelled with a K is newer. It is what the hollywood people are into. It is not the same. But from what you have said, your beliefs are closer to either that or christian witch as opposed to a reg "christian".

It will be interesting what you choose after you look into some of these.

Good luck!